2016 To Do Challenge - Page 47
Page 47 of 351 FirstFirst ... 37444546474849505797147 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's me again....

I was trying so hard to catch up that I forgot to post my day's plan. LOLOL!

We were exposed to the flu on Thursday after spending the day with the granddaughters (who promptly got sick that evening). Incubation period is supposedly 2-4 days. Today is day 4 and rather than risk going to church and potentially passing something on I think we'll skip it. I think we will take a little winter drive instead. I haven't got any chores that I HAVE to do...stuff I should do but life's too short so a drive it is

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

KimB--Can't believe you take hikes in that temp. It will be close to 80 here again today and then drop midweek to the 50s. Hope you get to take a hike.

hikr00--The book is pretty good. I get free books through BookMooch: trade your books with other people. I constantly have one going. I also keep a shelf on Share Book Recommendations With Your Friends, Join Book Clubs, Answer Trivia so I can check if I have read a book before. I usually read around 50 books each year.

Didn't feel up to going to early service this morning. Hoping I will feel up to late service. DH didn't till, but sprayed with organic spray to kill this annoying week that tries to take over each season. Going to till in a few days and spray again. Will be planting my onions and potatoes then. Not much on the agenda today. Need to go to Aldis for 29 cent/lb. bananas. I always buy and freeze. Maybe make some cauliflower soup. We eat soup no matter what the weather.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Morning all. It was a tension headache-I think from lifting the groc. into the house. I been lugging a lot of stuff lately. So I ended up taking 1/2 an allergy pill and slept pretty well.
    Today Dh want to take me to our old Chinese restaurant for lunch for my uncoming bday. We have been going there since we 1st dated in 1980. The trips are far and few between these days. So its special.
    Have to hit the bank Monday. Going to try NOT to take their tube this time. Apparently they are not for everyone.lol I may even go in-shocker.

Today
    shower
    lunch out
    maybe the groc.
    DH is doing laundry.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got everything accomplished on yesterday's list! Since this morning I've completed my grocery list, put dishes away and washed some blankets.

DD is working 8-4:30 today and will come home during her break for lunch. DH decided to go ice fishing after work and won't be home till late tonight.

SPirit Deer - why does South Dakota suck? Love that part of the state. Beautiful country, low crime rate, low cost of living. We spent many summers out in the hills. I remember you once said you lived in Aberdeen. Don't know much about that part of the state - but it's a smaller community if I remember correctly.

Today I will:
    1. Get groceries
    2. Dust living room
    3. Go thru tax stuff one more time to make sure we have everything

Have had near 40 degrees ałl weekend and a lot of snow has melted just in time for more snow on Tuesday. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning!

Hikr, lol pudding went and fed the garbage disposal! whoa, DH loved it, the rest of us NOPE, I ran it thru the blender, it became like sand, I dont do lumps, I gaged on it and out it went. Oh well,will try jam or a bread, see if its better, Going to powder it in the coffee grinder and see if that helps.
    That Denali is a dream, for now. Ours in paid for and has as much as it so will just hold on to it for now, Mine is easy too, just back into it, hook up and drive off, or pull up to where you want unhook, push the button, chock the wheels, hook up sewer and water and shes ready! Shes kind of a pain to pull especially turning onto a street, shes so long.
    SD, are nice too, they are so light and easy to set up.
    I really need to have a hard side, I will never sleep in a soft side again, I'm sure you have heard the story! Glad to see you back, was wondering where you were.
    My Mom went to TOPS for years, she never lost more than 20 lbs, she just liked the people.

Kim, Hope he shows up, If I ran my business like that I wouldn't have one!

FW, Hope you are feeling better. you getting this next snow?

SD, are you looking south? Where is warmer? and more bugs and snakes and tornados? LOL We will probably never leave here,always wanted to go back to WY, but I dont want that kind of cold back. Hope you got your stocking done!

ILC, how you feeling today? Hope you are alot better!

Hi to all of you, I didnt get.

We got more snow last night, had flakes the size of dinner plates, it was just beautiful!, Suns shining now but we are suppose to get snow again tonight and then until wed. ugh
    Still dont know how much, but see they are warning Neb. Kansas and Iowa now. 50 mph winds means blizzard, so will wait and see, seems thats all we do is wait and see. Stay safe I see where they have tornado watch for down south, LA AL.Mo I think for tues. it probably wont happen! Wish this weather would go back to normal..

Had mashed potatoes put thru a ricer, never had them like that I love them, no more smashing them with a potato masher!

Today
    get dinner in crockpot
    read paper
    vacuum cat hair up

Have a wonderful Sunday!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, glad you slept all right. Oooooh, Chinese food, I love it but we seldom get it any more. We too have a favorite place that's very reasonable and very good. Hmm, we may have to visit there sometime in February. Thanks for giving me the idea.

hikr, hope you escape the flu. Enjoy your Sunday drive!

KimB, enjoy your road trip too!

Gbug, feel better soon.

earlybird, I did laundry yesterday too--7 loads, I think. And it's all put away, which to me is the hardest part.

StartingOver, don't feel guilty about your "alone" time. Some people need it and there's nothing wrong with that, we're all made differently.

SD, my SIL crossstitched Christmas stockings for my children when they were babies and they are exquisite. SIL does lovely handwork and has even won prizes for it, and those stockings are heirloom quality.

momoffiveboys, sounds like you did lots of cooking! I too believe food is one of the best things to give anyone for any reason.

Raiquee, you made good progress on your To-Do list.

pinetree, how's your weather? I checked it on weather.com yesterday and it looked like quite a few inches were forecast. Got enough cat food for a while?

Everyone else, have a good Sunday!

For Sunday:

1) Church, breakfast, Kroger DONE
    2) Work in pantry (still haven't done a thing...)
    3) Change litter boxes
    4) Finish Bible study homework
    5) Watch Downton Abbey 9:00

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

StartingOver and pinetree, we all 3 posted just a few minutes apart. pinetree, oh, so sorry about the weather, stay safe and warm and play with some new recipes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LOL, noticed it too, everybody got on while I was trying to type! Then I got knocked off the computer! This stupid internet!

ILC, Yes, always have enough cat food, its a must having this many cats, and we try to really stock up when we find a sale. DH walked in yesterday with 4 more cases, for back up,that will hold us for awhile, but when its cold out they eat alot more to stay warm..
    The snow from last night is all melted off now, the sun is out full blast, wish it would stay that way. The middle and southern part of the state needs more snow, I thnk they said Denver has only had 7 inches this year. They can have ours!

How are you feeling? still sore and stiff?

FW enjoy your chinese, oh yum.. happy family?

Gbug, your soups sounds wonderful!

RABBIT, How you doing?

Well back to my recipies, making a new recipe for dinner and maybe some of that jam..was thinking about cabbageburgers, and I now have the stuff I need for tamales..

SD!! HEY SD!! Can I use coconut oil instead of lard or crisco in the tamales to make the masa? I thnk Dr. Cardio would have a fit if I used Lard!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SO, the racism got really, really, REALLY old, for starters. It was exceedingly tiresome being called nigger-lover to my face by strangers in stores, among many other horror stories I could tell but won't. It's not much fun to live every day in a hostile environment. The wind got old too. The politics. The schools. The ignorance and racism in the schools from the staff and other students. Etc. There were too many significant shortcomings for us, some of which would be less of a problem now, but the negative prejudices remain ingrained out there. I doubt west river is any different now than east river was then. We moved to Minneapolis from Aberdeen and things were much better there, although of course racism is everywhere and Minneapolis is no exception. But we encountered far fewer problems living in a more diverse area.

Pinetree, we don't want to move south. Southeast or southern midwest is far and away too hot and humid and I don't care how dry the heat is in the southwest, 100+ degrees is still too damn hot! Even southern Minnesota, where we own property, would be too hot for us. Part of the attraction of the Black Hills is that winters are somewhat warmer than they are here, and drier, too. We go through this moving nonsense every winter when we get bored but when it comes down to it, we really want to stay right here, and possibly buy a fixer in town that we can work on till it's time to move to town permanently, or use as a winter home. We could do that now but aren't quite sure we can commit to staying in this town permanently. Today the plan is to get this place paid off, continue with the renovations and updates, get more work done on it, and then maybe start looking for a house in town in a couple years, unless something drastic happens to make us want to leave, which we don't anticipate but there's no predicting health issues that might force us to move.

I don't have any experience with coconut oil, sorry. My guess is if the coconut oil is solid at room temp like Crisco, it would probably work okay. Can you try a tiny batch to see how it works? Sometimes it matters what the melting point is.

ILC, I've been making my own Chinese using WW recipes. Mmmmm! Those stockings your SIL made sound beautiful. I hope your doggy is feeling okay today.

I've been puttering today and cleaning up the bottom shelf on the AG cabinet. We moved the rocker out to my office where it looks great and now there's a nice big empty space in the LR, which is nice. We have to laugh. We brought in distilled water for the AGs that was stored out in the cabin from when I was out there years ago. It has Pamida labels on it. Shopko bought out Pamida at least five years ago. About time to use that up! We did fill a large trash container with snow we plan to use in the AeroGardens. It would sure be nice if we could cut back on buying water. That's our biggest expense with those gardens. I brought in three more gardens to start up, but don't think I'll get them all done today. I want another herb garden, a small flower garden to use up a seed kit that's so old it probably won't grow, a lettuce garden so I can quit buying lettuce, another tomato garden, and one or two more pepper gardens. Then I'll have to modify the fence I bought a few months ago to put around the gardens, so Sota doesn't eat the crop. If you met that dog you'd swear he's never had a square meal in his life, the way he eats everything he can get his lips on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have not been feeling well for weeks now, my BP will not rise despite meds, I'm like how I was last year, not as bad but close enough. So only bare minimum getting done. Sick of being sick.

I am sorry to hear about everybody's pets, hang in there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope your docs can find something soon to help you, Bernice.

I got the bottom shelf cleaned up on the AG cabinet and a tomato garden started. I'm really curious about this seed kit because the plants are supposed to bear a lot of cherry tomatoes but only get six inches high. I hope! I still have to clean up two more gardens for peppers and half the garden for lettuce. That'll probably be tomorrow's project. And I guess while I'm at it I should plant some cat grass for the inspector. I wonder where I put the seeds.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Didn't make it to church. Just feeling off today. Made the cauliflower soup and it was delicious. Also managed to use up some fresh pineapple and make DH a pineapple upside down cake. He is so spoiled, but I am too. He just left to get me ice cream(Bluebell, of course) and root beer so I can make a float. Got coupons cut and sorted. Actually took a nap this afternoon. I never nap in the daytime, but I guess I needed it today. Coconut oil works just like shortening and is much better for you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Shopped again for clearance and hit the jackpot at the "other" Kroger store. It was jam packed but no one seemed to realize about the clearance. I got a lg. bag of dog food,gummy adult vitamins,lemonade,candy bars,martinelli sparkling cider,and tons of juices for very little. Great cashier. She put the sparkling cider in wine 4 pks.lol I been so darn fortunate to hit clearance this week.

Irritated w/ Sams Club. I dropped them a while ago so I got an email for a $20. E Gc if i renewed. I tried 3x to pay and it wouldnt take it after all the hoops I jumped thru.SO, I call the number at the site and after waiting its the credit card so they transfer me. So hill billy at the corporate site tells me people have been having trouble they are using Google. I should change my browser. UM,nope. So I ask if they are honoring it at the store-UH nope. So rude. I need to call my area store because I realized I was talking to Arkansas. So,of course the deadline was today. Well,Sams Club is Walmart and we all know thats NOT a headache to deal w/ right!!

Skipped the Chinese restaurant because its so far and I hadnt felt well all week. DH passes by and we may carryout. Although that s a definite reheat.hmm!

Havent talked to the DS in 2 weeks again. Really dont have any news but I would like to know how he is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Had a great day hiking with respite client and dh. 5 miles on snow covered trails. 37 degrees throughout the day and a few flurries in the a.m. Didn't see an owl but found a couple eagles.
    Can't believe January is over already.
    Tomorrow after work I will...
    clean the bathrooms
    clean the mudroom floor
    Goodnight all, early to bed, early to rise for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016 To Do Challenge-dsc_0691.jpg  

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kim, wow, I wish we had eagles close

Hi to everyone else, I have been trying to catch up this morning but probably haven't retained much of what I've read! Worried about Gobie. Since Gobie had his first heartworm test (that they couldn't even do) he has been terrified of the vets. He screams and fights for his life if they tried to do anything to him. For years I have had to sedate him before appointments, muzzle him and I cover his head with a towel so he can't see what's going on. I have worked with him though for the past 5? years by going to the vet clinic and started out by just sitting in the waiting room and when he started to be fine with that I took him in the back of the clinic (with permission) and worked with him back there. Just putting him up on the counter and touching him all over, giving him treats the whole time. For the past year, he has been really making progress, I still sedate him but he goes up to the vet for attention and pets and doesn't seem nervous anymore.

I have always stayed with him though so I am worried about how he is going to do today. They are having me sedate him and bring him in at 11:00, just before his surgery. They are going to do something (? I forget what) to him and then have me go back there for about 20 minutes with him before they take him to surgery. I just hope he does well, I don't want him to flip out like he used to, I don't know if I can make him go though with it then.

I'll be back later and let you know how it all went.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.