2016 To Do Challenge - Page 5
Page 5 of 351 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy New Year's Day, everyone! I'm looking forward to this thread again this year, especially with some "new" posters. To those of you I don't know, hi, glad to meet you, and looking forward to becoming friends here at the Village.

DH and I actually stayed up last year to welcome in the New Year. Actually we were in bed reading but couldn't go to sleep due to all the neighborhood kids shooting off fireworks. Some of those suckers were LOUD, like gunshots, and some were the whistly ones that make that funny sound coming down. So we were actually awake at midnight. It's been a few years since that happened.

For New Year's Day:

1) Cook my traditional Southern meal: pork chops, black-eyed peas, turnip greens, cornbread, mashed potatoes. Gbug, I see we're on the same page with what we're eating today!
    2) Reset den a little bit
    3) Pack up Christmas a little
    4) Clean out fridge since garbage pickup is tomorrow instead of today

Have a great first day of 2016.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

01/01/2016 To Do's

1. Going thru mags that have piled up and throwing away
    2. Wash dishes and wipe counter top down
    3. Computer work
    4. Update challenges I am participating in this year
    5. Being lazy and watching Netflix

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

To late Rabbit.... I am already impressed!!

So New Year's Eve was not exactly as planned. I managed to fall flat on my face in the parking lot after our noon time celebration. I still am amazed I was not seriously hurt! I have never felt God was watching over me more and he knew I was not up to an emergency room trip for broken bones or stitches! We walked out of the brew pub ( I had a glass of the smallest size of beer, this was not from alcohol, I am just a clutz! ). We were cutting through a private parking lot to where our truck was parked. This lot has those metal guards sticking out that puncture your tires if you go the wrong way. I was carrying my leftovers in front of my, jabbering away and felt my right foot catch on the metal sticking up and immediately was face first in the asphalt. It happened so fast I never had time to try and do anything so I landed with my arms under me like I was still carrying left overs, my thick coat padded my arms and kept my face from slamming into the ground. My husband looked very alarmed as he helped me up as I had a lot of blood from the abrasions on my nose. But after getting home and cleaning up we both realized how lucky I was! One knuckle got skinned pretty good and my nose but nothing deep, oh and a small spot on my forehead. No bruising today or swelling, no chipped or loose teeth, no biting my lip or tongue, no broken bones, concussion or stitches. It didn't even hurt very bad! My nose only is tender if I touch it! I was most worried someone saw it happen! As soon as I got up and we started walking the friend who gave me the idea to celebrate at 12 noon drove buy with her husband. Obviously out on their 12 noon New Years celebration.......glad they did not witness the whole thing!

Today I guess I should put the Christmas decor away. Usually I do the day after Christmas but I was to preoccupied with my upcoming diagnostic tests and I did basically nothing the last few weeks! So that is all behind me and I need to get back in gear! I should get up at the same time everyday too rabbit. I have become a morning person in my middle age and if it doesn't get done early it usually does not get done!

Also am going to pick up another foster kitten today to pair with my girl. Other kitten is from the same site but I do not for sure they are siblings. We have a great application for my foster girl and sibling so she is getting a sibling today. Unfouranetly the sibling needs some work socially but my girl is doing great!

Happy New Year everyone!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy New Year!!

TDN, Thank goodness you are OK, Thats on heck of a fall! WTG on another foster!

RABBIT, yep I'm impressed too!!

FW, lol on the pizza! Thats something I would do! Hey, you told me not to drink juice?! So I eat the fruit, so far my numbers are low..

ILC, WTG! I was in bed at 9:30! We are having our dinner tonight, but we are doing fondue, with chicken, beef. lobster tail, shrimp, and trimmings.
    SHH, thats usually us out there making the noise, the neighbors are all out too!

hikr, Thank you so much, I just get so frustrated sometimes, and it isn't helping me any!
    Great idea about shelving your extra appliances, wish I had room for that!!

Kim, I see a challenge there, now lets see if I can do it!! It might help my memory!!

gaga, you can come clean my room, and do my laundry!! Happy New Year!

Gbug, Have a wonderful relaxing day!

SD, hope you had a great time with your DM! Maybe it slowed you down alittle?

Jackie, You are doing great, Happy New Year to you too!

Hey to ones I didn't get, but must go get my salads made!

Today
    put away all Christmas stuff
    vacuum
    rearrange furniture
    make salad I forgot yesterday
    clean up table
    find fondue pot and forks
    defrost meats

Have a great day...
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well here we are...........2016.
    Today I will
    1. pay some bills. I have been paying bills the same way for 10 years and this year it all changes. we have to prepay insurance and then get reimbursed. I know it will be ok but change is not my strong suite so I must just be patient.
    2. I want to figure out what challenges i will take part in and write them down. I need to look and see how to put the list of things i want to keep track of below my name.
    3. will straighten up around here and make some scallop potatoes to go with the leftover ham.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok, today Im not feeling 100%, so I posted a letter instead of doing the Laundry. That is probably going to end up on Tuesdays' list but that is fine. Plan for next week is to clean/tidy up the whole house. Note I did do the kitchen today and the bedroom is more or less ok. Plus with barely anything on the bottom floor, there is not that much to it luckily.

Earlybird, you can edit your signature private message, in the top bar, just under forum. Then you should be able to click on edit signature somewhere on the left.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did get the Christmas stuff put away last night. A few of DDs friends came over to hang out before the party so I did a quick clean up of the bathroom. Had DH bring home an extra pizza. I love hearing all the chatter and laughter in the house. It gets too quiet here at times.

I do have an open door policy at our house. Her friends know they are welcome anytime at any hour. I always wished I could have had more than 2 kids.

So for today I hope to vacuum and start laundry. Not real motivated to do any of that but don't want to sit on my butt all day either. DH is watching football all day and I made a bunch of snack stuff for him to have. DD is going out to lunch with a few friends. So I need to find something to keep busy with. I really need a hobby of some sort.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hikr00--Bake a refrigerated piecrust such as pillsbury. Make sure to use a fork to pierce sides and bottom. Bake 350 for 20 minutes. Mix 1/3 cup flour and 2 cups cheese of choice(swiss or sharp cheddar works well) Put 1/2 of cheese mixture in bottom of cruse. Mix 3 eggs, 1 1/2 cups milk, 2 cups chopped ham, 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. pepper, 1 tsp. parsley. Pour egg mixture over cheese mixture and top with remaining cheese. Bake 40 minutes until filling is not runny. Set for 5 minutes before cutting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Don't forget to get your free loaf of bread from the Friday freebie on your Kroger card.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Ayanka - I got the heading put in but wanted to check it first before i continued. I will get it all filled in today. It will be a help to keep track of my progress. I got as many bills paid as i could, finished a couple small loads of laundry and cut the ham up into slices, chunks and froze the bone to cook with some beans. Getting out the paper piecing hexagon project and will work on that while husband watches football. Will eat around 4:30 and watch a couple episodes of Foyles War from netflix. I am also working on a jigsaw puzzle.

Enjoy your afternoon

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hikr00--Also chop 3 green onions and add to egg mixture.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have accomplished accomplishing nothing so very well today I may treat myself to a nap.lol The snow is just so pretty and hypnotic.
    ok I paid to renew plates and tabs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I was asleep by 9:30, lol, NYs didn't really register with me. I went to bed actually feeling like organizing all my medical and financial papers and had a plan on how I want it. Woke up to just a bad day, cannot hold my eyes open so it is not a good day to embark on that. But I know this is silly, I feel like I can't do anything else on my list until that is done. I could certainly handle organizing a drawer today but since I couldn't do the most important thing, I did nothing. I did hang with DD but then mostly keep falling asleep. This drives me nuts as I used to be a person who had a plan, maybe procrastinated a little, but in general got whatever project I had, plus normal daily necessities done. Oh well, bit by bit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Home from work - weekend off!
    Took awhile for me to find my post with all the posters today,couldn't remember my to do list
    Car decluttered and microwave cleaned.
    Defrosted some chicken rice casserole I found in freezer from the last time respite client stayed, he liked it then so I put it in a pie crust that was in the freezer as well. Baked the crust first as Grammarbug does for her quiche.(thanks for the idea).Topped with cheese. Dh and client are loving it and just took second helpings to clean the pie pan.
    Happy New Year all!
    Forgot to add tomorrows to do's:
    Clean bedroom laminate and bedding.
    Clean mudroom floor.
    Change furnace filter.
    Vacuum downstairs , including under the furniture.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't keep up!

Pinetree, I can't find the recipe I used anywhere online. I think it might be one of those that has been updated, since it's in an older book I have. This one is very similar. The only difference I can recall offhand is my recipe did not call for broth, used honey instead of sugar, and had red bell pepper and celery diced/sliced in with it.

WW General Tso's Chicken

3/4 cup canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
    2 tablespoons cornstarch
    2 tablespoons sugar
    2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
    1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
    1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
    2 teaspoons peanut oil
    2 medium scallions, chopped
    2 medium garlic cloves, minced
    1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or 1 dried chili, minced
    1 lb uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch pieces
    2 cups cooked white rice, kept hot

Directions:

1 In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and ginger; set aside.
    2 Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallions, garlic and pepper and cook 2 minutes. Add chicken and cook until browned all over, about 5 minutes.
    3 Add reserved sauce and simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
    4 Serve chicken and sauce over rice. Yields about 1 cup of chicken and sauce and 1/2 cup of rice per serving.

Hikr, there are a couple kinds of pizza crust, the bread crust type and the biscuit crust type. You can make the biscuit crust type with Bisquick. You can also make Bisquick yourself much cheaper than buying it. There are probably recipes online just for pizza crust mixes, too.

I can't remember what I'm forgetting to comment on.

Page 5 of 351 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast