2016 To Do Challenge - Page 51
Page 51 of 351 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101151 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still sitting here waiting for my BFF to let me know shes ok, she had major oral surgery this morning at 8am, ha , its almost 7pm, not a peep, I pray shes sleeping it off, No news is good news!
    Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever going to get news!! lol

Sweet Dreams....
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got about 150 pockets sewed for the DfG project, not that they took very long, maybe an hour. I also hemmed the liners, folded all of those, and got them packaged for shipping. I made an inside-out box, too, since the PO complained about the last one because it had printing on it. I think I'm going to have to move my sewing machine out to the project table because Sugar got hurt while I was in the sewing room. I thought she was sleeping. She's had a rough day. She couldn't relax, so I put her on the bed and laid down with her for two hours. She was so exhausted she was asleep within about a minute. Poor sweetie.

We had a herd of coyotes yipping and howling right outside the house a little bit ago, so we got Sota in the house and counted cats. I think Husby scared off the coyotes when he called Sota in because we haven't heard them since. I don't know what they were carrying on about.

Watching the old Super Bowl ads on CBS. Pretty funny. Some were pretty stupid, too. LOL.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Going back and forth tonight. I messed up my foot again the other day so It hurts to walk w/ shoes on. I have 1/2 the car unloaded and very little put away. Exhausted and i still need a shower, Hunter goes in for 9am and Dd goes to work for 11a.m so I can get to the rescue on time. I really want to flake again but it seems unfair. OTOH I only have 12 cats to care for. Pretty much no one comes in. And i could use the time. My issue is I want to finish in the next 2 weeks and everything is truely everywhere. And i need to shift a lot. Gotta write this down and figure out the best option here.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

my parents took their first vacation alone ever sometime in the 90s. They drove up North, eventually to Acadia National Park. They really wanted to see a moose. They saw everything but.

Meanwhile down here in suburbia, at the same time they were away, a moose was found strolling through the mall parking lot. We've gotten bear, coyotes, mountain lions, but never ever a moose.

this was pre-internet so I taped the article to their front door, they weren't happy, lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

BBernice---You are the jokester. Bet your DM was ticked. We only have coyotes, deer and bobcats. Oh, and don't forget the skunks.

Already got the laundry going and a fire built in the fireplace. It is in the 30s here this morning. I know that is a heat wave for some of you. Sent DH to work with my Aldi list so he could take advantage of the produce sales today. I plan to go to Kroger and CVS today along with therapy. I hope it's going to be a slow day. No plans for dinner, but thinking potato soup might be nice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

psycho day
    DD to work,unloaded car,shower,rescue,did 2 months budget already and totaled what we spent last year. Need to get a total on what i spent stockpiling sometime today but Hunty has a vet in 1/2 hr. Try to stop back later hugs all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have all the usual forest critters here, except elk. When the loggers clear-cut the old growth forests around 1900, the elk left and the white-tail deer took over, so that's what we have now.

We get the occasional moose or deer that does not understand the concept of window glass and ends up in a store in town. The last time a moose got into one of the grocery stores, the DNR had to tranquilize it and then it was hauled out on a fork lift because it refused to move.

In the fall, it's a rare year if there isn't a picture in the paper of a bear asleep in someone's apple tree in town.

There's a reason why our sports teams have names like Lynx and Timberwolves.

We never saw the culprit, but we watched the progress as a six-inch tree down by the lake was felled, limbed, and deconstructed into manageable pieces and then disappeared.

There's always some kind of wildlife adventure going on around here.

Not much on the to-do list today except reading through some writing contest entries I'm judging, and working on getting my own contest entry ready. I made extra jambalaya last night so we're having that for supper, and dishes are under control for the moment. I'm working on making the fence to keep Sota out of our AeroGardens and if I can find the little bolt cutters, I'll finish that up. I'm going to need another fence for some other gardens, but I don't think I can get what I need at this time of year. Still, no doubt the spring merchandise is rolling into stores already, so maybe.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

car unload and most of the stuff temp. stowed. Vet was easy w/ 1 combo shot and he's legal that way. Neuter is next Wed. so no rescue the 10th. I want that under our belt before Dh's surgery Mar. 4th and the job ending the feb. 28th.

I need to go today even w/ my foot messed up but I sure would love to skip it but then next week w/ the hunty surgery I cant come either. How is it so hard to find 4 or 5 hrs a week. The issue is Wed. though because of my vets schedule.

pinetree- I was excellent at the vet. I am up 26.4 so I have gained 3# post HW.
    I am done w/ my shots. I got burgers for everyone and they were delicious. Its a nice sunny day here so I left my coat home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You have got to be kidding me! I almost was done with my post and then poof! I lost it. Here's my second try. Gobie did fine on Monday. I stayed with him during prepping (too much like being PTS for me ) and once he was totally out and they tubed him I left. So I guess all my years of training with him at the vet's office paid off. I don't know if he's going to be thrilled about going back though. They had me pick him up when he was just starting to come to, so that means I had him at home when he was crying and flailing around for 3 hours. I have seen other dogs coming out of anesthesia but when it is your own, it's hard to see.

Now I'm beating my self up for going through it. He has a giant cast on his leg that makes it hard for him to get comfortable. He can't do anything that he likes to do so I feel that I just took away two weeks or more of the remaining time he has left. Also he has to go back every 3 days for a wrap change. I didn't know this. I really didn't know they were going to put a cast on his leg up to his shoulder.

I was really worried about how I was going to keep the Beast from knocking Gobie around. I wouldn't have exactly called her gentle but she is proving me wrong. All my dogs have been very nice to him but Beastie has been very compassionate. She lays by him and this morning I watched her grab Gobie's favorite toy, a stuffed monkey, from the toy basket and drop it by him and then go back to get herself a chew toy. Gobie just used the toy as a pillow but it was sweet.

pinetree, I am so sorry to hear that Dawn lost her fight. Hugs to you my friend, I know you will miss her.

ilc, I am also sorry that your friend lost her stepfather. How sad for her mom, after being married for 42 years, she probably can't even imagine not having him there.

Niko, I can't believe it's been 6 years that you've been dealing with this. As always, feel free to vent. We're all here for you and hoping that you can end this in 2016.

hikr, thanks for sharing your lighthouse picture, it's beautiful. I would give $50 to be able to stand on that pier for 15 minutes right now.

SD, I love hearing the coyotes at night. I stand outside and listen to them although I don't have the fear that you do that they might hurt my animals. They're too far away in the woods and my dogs are in the little yard by the house once it gets dark. I showed DH that you tube video of your Aliner to DH, he wants one like that when we're ready to buy another camper. I love pintree's 5th wheel but that is way out of our price range!

fw, just reading between the lines here, is it your birthday tomorrow??

Ayanka, glad you are still going to check in now and then. I like hearing updates on your house is coming along.

Gbug, glad to hear that you got a good report from your doctor. I never heard of a weeklong birthday celebration, I might have to run that by DH. We have always had if your bday falls on the weekend, you get the bday weekend, 3 days of fun. I like 7 days better.

Hi to everyone else. Don't know how much I'm going to accomplish here today. My back is bothering me from having to carry Gobie in and out of the house. Might just take it easy today.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We don't really mind hearing the coyotes and wolves at night, and our yard is fenced so it's not really fear, more just caution. We don't usually have coyotes and wolves very close to us, not in packs anyway. It's common to see a lone coyote, and Husby sees wolves on his way to work sometimes.

Don't feel bad about Gobie's surgery. We went through that with Sheba, one of our previous huskies. She blew out her knee and was in terrible pain. The vet said because of her age (11) we might not want to spend the money ($500) on surgery for her. But we did and it was difficult to watch the recovery, but once she was through it she had over three more pain-free years of a happy life. I know Gobie's outcome may be different, but at least you'll know you've done the best you can to give him his best chance at life and you will not have regrets later about not doing the surgery and wondering if it would have changed anything. What I did about the soft cast Sheba had on her entire leg was make a belly band so we could help her walk with that awkward thing. Then, once the cast was off, I made her a tee shirt with a long sleeve for her back leg, because the entire leg was shaved and it was winter. The tee shirt held the attached leg on so she could stay warmer. It looked ridiculous but it helped her and she didn't care what it looked like anyway. Gobie's leg is most likely shaved too, so be prepared because it's going to look pathetic when it's unwrapped, but just remember it's only cosmetic and the hair will grow back. What kind of doggy is Gobie? Do you have a picture? Here's Sheba with her cast. The sock was to help keep it clean. As you can see by the look on her face, she wasn't too happy about the whole affair.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

BTW, for those whose messages get poofed, if you check the lower left corner of the message box, there is usually a place to click to restore auto-saved messages that have poofed. The button won't be there unless you've typed something and it has actually been saved. I don't know if the auto save feature has to be selected somewhere, but mine has always auto-saved although it took me a while to figure it out and cursed the poofiness of messages many times, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got free Snuggle fabric softener and 16 oz. Sunny Delight at Krogers. Woo!Hoo!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks SD. I wish I had thought about that with the sock, it's been rainy and muddy here and I need something when he goes outside. I tried a bag with a not so tight rubber band but it just fell off. I'm going to go get a sock now. Gobie is a Boston Terrier mix. He is the one in the picture I posted of him in a monkey sweater.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry about Gobie and Dawn, sorry, I get behind on here.

up and dressed at 8, did the last 2 weeks of paperwork, organized one spot, prepared two packages to return. Have so much more to do, it's overwhelming. Day by day...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rabbit, maybe a short plastic bag under the sock, so the mud and water don't soak through. Good luck. If he has to have the cast changed frequently, then the mess might not be as bad. Shebie had her cast on for two weeks at least. I forget now. That was thirteen years ago now, just a couple weeks after Sparky and Sugar came home. Time sure flies. When our dogs need to have paws covered, I use vet tape and baby socks. Vet tape only sticks to itself, not fur. I keep baby socks and vet tape in the canine first aid kits. I also put fleece dog booties over the baby socks to keep them clean. I don't know if that would work for Gobie or not. Sheba was kind of a klutz and very active, so she was always injuring her paws and needed salve or something, so seeing her with a bootie was a common sight around here.

I got my contest entry edited. I'll let it marinate a couple days and maybe send it in later this week. It took me longer to figure out how to add both a header and page numbers on the same line than to do the edits. Stupid Word. Or stupid me, I guess.