2016 To Do Challenge - Page 53
Page 53 of 351 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663103153 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's hard to let them go, but the joy we get from them makes the grief worthwhile.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    We had to put our dog Susie down on Mother's Day one year. It was beyond horrible. We called the vet and he could hear her in the background. He told us to get her in immediately because he could tell just from hearing her on the phone she was in terrible pain. It was all unexpected.
    that's awful. I've always had a hard time knowing when to bring them in, I don't want them to suffer so I think I err on the side of caution and then think I did it too soon, even though the vet said it was time. It's never the right time. It's so hard not to think about that final day, you forget the million other great days for a while.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oops, didn't get to the edit button soon enough. I'm sorry to have brought up that story with all the ailing pets on this thread right now.

Bernice, we struggle with that, too. With Susie there was no option though. But usually it never does seem like the right time. I hate having to make that decision and then hate having to wait for the time to come. It seems like such a betrayal so there's a lot of guilt over it all, too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bernice and SD, when my Maggie deteriorated so quickly at age 22 the vet took up tons of time with me. She was wonderful. She told me what I already knew and didn't want to acknowledge--that Maggie had fought the good fight a number of times and had survived, but this time Maggie was tired and it was okay to let her go. So I did. The vet and the technician spent 45 minutes consoling me afterwards, offered to call someone to come get me, etc., but I managed to drive home. The whole weekend (she went across the Rainbow Bridge on Friday) I cried and dreamed about my Maggie all three nights but on Monday I woke up feeling better about her. I recently came across some pictures of her I had forgotten about and it was such a happy thing for me; it brought back so many wonderful memories of that special little kitty. I loved that girl.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RABBIT, happy belated birthday! Hope it was great.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

good evening - all the wild animals you live with. i would never leave my house. haha
    we have cats and skunks that are around. an occasional deer or hawk. that is about all.

i like the idea of a week long birthday too. I think i might give it a try this year.

Today I did nothing much. Every once in a while I just can't get in the groove. I ran out of yarn on the hat so switched over to making the hexagons for the next project. Dinner was sandwiches. I really dropped the ball today. I will be peppier tomorrow.

To do's for tomorrow are Tops meeting in the morning, visit with mom on way home.
    Mop floors. Work on more hexagons.

Healing vibes to all. I hope all the ailing pets have a restful night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ilovechocolate View Post
    Bernice and SD, when my Maggie deteriorated so quickly at age 22 the vet took up tons of time with me. She was wonderful. She told me what I already knew and didn't want to acknowledge--that Maggie had fought the good fight a number of times and had survived, but this time Maggie was tired and it was okay to let her go. So I did. The vet and the technician spent 45 minutes consoling me afterwards, offered to call someone to come get me, etc., but I managed to drive home. The whole weekend (she went across the Rainbow Bridge on Friday) I cried and dreamed about my Maggie all three nights but on Monday I woke up feeling better about her. I recently came across some pictures of her I had forgotten about and it was such a happy thing for me; it brought back so many wonderful memories of that special little kitty. I loved that girl.
    you did well by Maggie. 22? Wow, she had a good long life.

I've heard there is a mobile vet who will come to your home and they will do it right in your pet's bed. I can't decide if that is the best idea ever or awful because it will have occurred in a place I am in every day.

I've never had a dog Bernice's age who acted as healthy as she does. She has not slowed down at all. She has cataracts and that's it. My oldest dog lived til 14. I feel like Bernice is nowhere near how my other dogs were at 12/13. So I'm hoping.

ILC, did you ever get another pet? If I remember, you have cats now? I'm sorry, stupid memory

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rabbit-thank you it is tomorrow and belated happy bday to you. Sounds like a rough time. When Dmackey had his knee surgeries it was like that. He was so stoned and constantly squeaking and restless. We alternated sleeping on the MIl apt floor w/ him for over a week each time. I LOVE HIM. and have cherished having him but I still say had I known the degree of injury to both sides and the fact that the sutures caused Arthritis I would never have done them. His 1 knee is so stiff that he can hardly get down the stairs and he takes lots of joint supplements. But stop beating yourself up. You can never really know and you try the best you can.

So I had the worst rescue day ever and regret going.
    1. Bear had a heart attack last night from advanced HW even after the treatment
    2. 2 dogs fought and a visitor got her hand bit and both dogs will prob. have to be destroyed as shes not sure who bit her (quite frankly I'd like to)
    3. A new cat in my room was bugging everyone and the cat on my lap freaked out and grazed my face w/ her teeth-fortunately no skin was broken and no 1 saw-nope,no more animals get put down because I told.
    4. 2 of our HIV cats leave in 2 weeks for best friends ranch which is a forever home facility in Utah. Thats means they will never live w/ a family.
    5. The volunteer in the morning is a complete flake and allergic to cats??? and she wont scoop so I came in to a completely smelly room w/ the window shut. So I had to run around cleaning. She likes to play w/ them and stayed an extra 20 min. of goody.
    6. When I came home Hunty had a hot lump and a stiff shoulder from the shot. So I felt bad not being home.
    7. Mackey had stepped all over a bag of flour in the garbage DH forgot to toss outside and spread it all over the MIL w/ his basketball player feet.
    So today was the worst. I am just heartsick and wish I had stayed home.
    PT-the Vet and staff think I am a cheeseburger loon I think but I dont care it works well for $1. They cant wait to go.

For my birthday DH will carryout the chinese food. What I do tomorrow will prob be-hhhhhhmmmmm. The pantry!! yeah!. DD delivered me a cake she had decorated w/ Happy Bithday and black eyed Susans. I was just 1 layer so thats nice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning! Sending a great big hug to all of us with our love for pets. And prayers of healing to our sick pets and prayers of strength and peace to the Moms and Dads of the sick ones as they work on getting their babies healed. Our cat Duchess is in here with me now and circling my feet. It's like she knows I'm talking about fur babies.

This morning I need to scoop the kitty box and do a little more dusting. The grands are coming this afternoon so I am looking forward to that.

Happy belated birthday Rabbit!!

Happy birthday FW! Hope you both have an awesome day!

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry about the horrible day FW! We went to best friends in Utah this summer and they DO adopt out the fiv and FeLV kitties to homes. Of course the FeLV can only go to homes that only have FeLV kitties. The fiv kitties can go to homes with non-fiv positive kitties but you have to talk to your vet first and be willing to change vets if your vet is not onboard. Some vets and rescues still believe that fiv positive kitties should all be put to sleep. Best Friends is a wonderful, huge place.....I loved it and did not walk away feeling sad at all!

Oh those poor dogs who were fighting.......breaks my heart.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So much to catch up on...

My daughter was in the hospital with a kidney infection and my husband has been home with bronchitis. They are both now doing well. My husband is back at work and I'm keeping my daughter home one more day from school. Now I have a cold. And the dishwasher broke. I think today I will just do what I can and rest a lot.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1- 30 min decluttering
    2- work on cleaning schedule
    3- meal plan for the next 3 days

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    So I had the worst rescue day ever and regret going.
    1. Bear had a heart attack last night from advanced HW even after the treatment
    2. 2 dogs fought and a visitor got her hand bit and both dogs will prob. have to be destroyed as shes not sure who bit her (quite frankly I'd like to)
    3. A new cat in my room was bugging everyone and the cat on my lap freaked out and grazed my face w/ her teeth-fortunately no skin was broken and no 1 saw-nope,no more animals get put down because I told.
    4. 2 of our HIV cats leave in 2 weeks for best friends ranch which is a forever home facility in Utah. Thats means they will never live w/ a family.
    5. The volunteer in the morning is a complete flake and allergic to cats??? and she wont scoop so I came in to a completely smelly room w/ the window shut. So I had to run around cleaning. She likes to play w/ them and stayed an extra 20 min. of goody.
    6. When I came home Hunty had a hot lump and a stiff shoulder from the shot. So I felt bad not being home.
    7. Mackey had stepped all over a bag of flour in the garbage DH forgot to toss outside and spread it all over the MIL w/ his basketball player feet.
    So today was the worst. I am just heartsick and wish I had stayed home.
    PT-the Vet and staff think I am a cheeseburger loon I think but I dont care it works well for $1. They cant wait to go.

that was the worst day ever, hope you birthday makes up for it

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

MD appt

pick up watches that had dead batteries

go to UPS

Talbots sent me a $25 no strings attached coupon, it's right in the plaza where the MD is

daily reading, I've been slacking big time

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning! It's sunny, but cold here. Had a very strange phone call at 1:00 this morning and didn't go back to sleep. Gotta get going and do laundry and clean my house. My DS and DIL are coming tomorrow evening and spend a few days. She is a professional makeup artist and has a photoshoot in Dallas. Nothing else happening here. Love to all of you that are sick, have sick family and fur babies.