2016 To Do Challenge - Page 55
Page 55 of 351 FirstFirst ... 5455253545556575865105155 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

citrine, I'm so sorry you and your DH are going through that with his sons. Our DS is 27 and finally realizing what his dad and I have tried to do for him so his life can be better. Believe me, there IS hope.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, Happy Birthday to you DB!
    hey its suppose to be in the 60's next week!! Heat wave!!

Citrine, Those boys will probably grow some brains in a couple years. Don't get too upset until you figure out they don't know what they are doing besides testing the water.. Have fun at your class!

Gbug, thanks for the reminder!

FW, aw too bad on the chinese food that happened to us a few yrs ago, well ours closed, it took us a few yrs, to find another one!
    Glad you had a good day and heard from your son!

Kim, oh my! that will teach him to empty his pockets! I have never heard of that!
    hope you get some time off! Looking forward to more pictures!

TDN, I hope you cab get that dog..

EB, good luck finding a waffle maker!

dcompton, sounds like you did get things done, hope you are feeling better.

Niko, prayers...

Hi to all!

Well, got up to find a email from my DB, he sent me pictures of his new project car, lol funny, its the same thing him and I worked on when he was in high school, he tried to teach me how to paint with a paint gun, lol all I could do was orange peel, so he did the paint I did the sanding and stripping, we made a good team, Mom and Dad had a covered patio, we put up pastic, pulled the car in and made our own paint booth! I miss him So much sometimes.. I wish he didn't move to Mass. its so far away.

Got mybrocolli all blanced and froze, cleaned the meat off some crablegs and made a bunch more room in the kids freezer. one batch of onions are done, so I'm kinda caught up.
    Today
    laundry
    cook up cabbage for burgers
    freeze tamale meat
    find a raviolli mold

Have a good day!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, we were suppose to get a couple inches last night but it didnt happen, today is suppose to get above 32 so maybe we will get some melt off, thats ok, the lakes will have water this summer for playtime and watering the gardens!

My Mom use to get cramps, Dr. put her on calcium, and bananas, they stopped.

RABBIT, how is Gobie doing? Are you getting some sleep? thinking about you!! hugs...
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wish the dog lived in a fence! Poor thing is on a chain and the only shelter/shade is a dog house. One of the neighbors turned them in once....police came ( no animal control here) said everything looked good and that was that. They put her in a kennel in their hoarders style garage at night. When she gets away from them she does run to my house but they think it is cute she came to see " her favorite aunt" as they call me. It is kind of a touchy situation for me because we are related. His wife's Grama and my Grama are sisters and were very close. Her Grama has passed away but she was like my Grama......I loved her more than any real Grama or parent or other aunt I have ever had. Also, the guy has a different kind of personality and I do not want to make him mad or he would tell me to never come near there place again I am sure. Funny thing is he gave up his own children when he divorced his first wife......let them be adopted by the step dad but he won't give up his dog. I try to look for the positive.....they are not physically abusive to her at all and she always has food and they let me go get her out of the backyard anytime I want so I will just try to do as much as I can for her under the circumstances.

I went on a cooking spree yesterday. And have a fridge full of food to pkg up for the freezer, reset house and hopefully Declutter a bit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I managed two out of three yesterday which is pretty good considering how little motivation I have right now to do any housework at all - lol.

I have a friend who does some of the cleaning or work like shifting furniture that is too physically taxing for me to do. I thought of setting up with her for this week which probably have been tomorrow but that's out. She would want to come in the afternoon but I'm on the Mardi Gras parade route (this is not a happy thing) and I wouldn't dream of asking her to get in that mess. So maybe next week. That will be the deadline for the decluttering. I get everything picked up/put away before she comes so she can work more easily. Best of both worlds. If it doesn't get done right now it really doesn't matter but I know it definitely will get done soon. Official permission to continue procrastinating.

Today:
    Finish a disappointing book that is mostly boring with occasional very interesting sections. I'm skimming the dullness.

At least 6-8 rounds on the lapghan. It's a round ripple so each row takes longer than the last.

One thing for the apartment- I haven't decided what yet. I have plenty of choices!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

TDN-my parents had that situation w/ a cat once. Ddad handed them a $20. and all was done. Can you buy it? Beer bait him? That would drive me bananas and has. 1 time a very old blind dog w/ ridiculous nails ended up at our house. I called. The neighbor is like Oh,surprised It made it that far. We are just kinda waiting for it to die. As in lives in a decrepit house in the backyard on a chain. I drove by and it was finally gone but WTheck? I guess out of sight out of mind. I couldnt. iget up every morning and check if my 17 yrs old cat is still in quality of life or I have to finish things. It cost my almost $100 a month just to give Hunty and him wet food alone.

My foot is just a scar that was under the callus from flip flops. Being diabetic now scars reopen. Its okay now thanks. It wasnt the ankle it was on the bottom.

Tearing up on my project hard today. Up and down the step stool over and over. Who needs a gym.
    We just got a dusting of snow here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, I heard about that fire on the news. All I heard though was that 5 coworkers perished in the basement, they didn't say where they worked. How sad.

pinetree, where do you buy cauliflower rice?

ilc, my husband also gets foot/leg cramps at night. His doctor told him to stretch his legs and feet before he goes to bed.

citrine, your DH's ex sadly sounds like my sister. Don't worry, the kids will figure it out on their own one day.

TDN, I would leave things alone too with the neighbor. You can do so much more for the dog by being "friends". You are a wonderful person, most people wouldn't even bother since it's not their dog. We had a neighbor at our old house who would buy puppies for his 3 girls because they wanted them and they came every other weekend. Divorced dad. They kids would play with them and then for the next 2 weeks they would be locked in the yard with no water or food. I "rescued" as many as I could or turned him in to animal control. Since I was nice to his face and he knew I loved dogs, he never suspected it was me.

dcompton, do you live near Villalobos Rescue?

Tired again, I'm not getting much sleep on the air mattress with Gobie but feel guilty locking him out of the bedroom. He is used to sleeping between DH and I in the bed. He got a bandage change yesterday at the vets and did well. He just is so uncomfortable with the cast on his leg.

I worked out, went to work and did a load of wash. That's it. Tomorrow is another day...........
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good day at work, actually able to leave on time.
    Had a headache when got home though and DH gone to his old-timers bowling, so I took advantage of the quiet house and napped. Headache still there when I woke up an hour later and took some Tylenol, feel alright now.
    DH left again to referee. The house is quiet again.
    Did get a load of laundry done, folded, put away. Dishes done and kitchen cleaned up.
    Made grocery list from sale flyer - 2 day sale- dh will pick up items when in that town tomorrow. Will be nice when this store opens in our town, expected to open in March. The loss-leaders between the two competing stores should save us on grocery budget and gas.
    Will try to get 3 things done after work tomorrow before posting.
    Pinetree, will post a picture for you occasionally

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good evening - had a fun day of errands and eating. We had breakfast at a little restaurant that features a 1/2 breakfast. Just 1 of a usual breakfast. Dropped off at the thrift and got alot of books and a stone mountain purse for 5.00. We found a waffle maker at the flea market. My husband waggled him down in price so we were happy. I am not a haggler. Did several stores for the sale items and got gas for 1.43/gal.

I had lots of coupons to use and bought a few things to put in the pantry.

Did not do anything after I got home except work on the hexagons. I have them all done and started putting them together.

Tomorrow will be dusting. Sun shined in this afternoon and yikes! Tomorrow I will also get back to my walking tapes.

Wishing everyone a peaceful weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

rabbit - I've never heard of the rescue. Were you thinking New Orleans maybe? I live in Shreveport. We're not nearly as wild up here but it's more than enough for my nerves. This is the first year I've actually had to endure the parades. The ones that come by me are on the two Saturdays before Ash Wednesday. Until I stopped working in December these were the only days of the year I loved being employed because I was always at work. The gathering crowd noises begin to be noticeable by 1:00 or so and keep cranking up until the parade makes it by here around 6:30. Then there's a couple of hours of bedlam and by 9:00 or so blessed quiet has returned.

I got distracted and didn't accomplish it all today. I should be able to make the crochet goal by bedtime but never got around to the book. For the chore I checked the pantry and started a grocery list. I've done almost no grocery shopping since Christmas and a lot of staples are getting low

For tomorrow all I'm assigning myself is to get everything ready to file taxes and make a list of other things I'll need a computer connection for.

Then Sunday night I'll go to the library were I used to work and do the taxes. I don't have a connection at home now that's not something I want to do on the public wireless at the public library. Taxes shouldn't take long so I can do some other things while I'm there as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Totally trashed myself today,cant wait until tomorrow when I get the full hit. I arranged and lifted over my head and bent in 1/2 but I got so much moved around and lots more set up. I just keep reminding myself it our safety during this stretch.
    Definately,going to poke into the bottom cupboards tomorrow. I have pans and casserole type things I can kick out to the bsmt. Bit by bit.Got to be an end to this eventually and 4# have gone so I'll take it.
    Hunty thinks hes my helper so i play along and tell him "ok,now we have to do the canned peaches. He is so serious and trots along. He has a few definite flaws but I like the little guy.
    Its so funny he decided the wheel off the stackable is his. I have taken it back 2x and he looks so disappointed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dcom, yes, I was thinking you were in New Orleans

fw, Beastie is the helper pup at my house, part of it is that she is just so nosy. She has to be involved in everything.

For today I hope to do:

strip bed and wash sheets
    dailies
    dust
    bank, vet for Skid, Redbox
    make cookies
    grocery list/menu plan
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have to teach my theatre classes today. My DS and DIL got in late last night. Hope to get to do some visiting today. It is rainy and cold here. Going to make chipotle chicken chili and finish making my truffles when I get home from work. Got my house cleaned yesterday and all the laundry done. Everyone have a great super bowl weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RABBIT, all you do is grate the cauiflower, I used my food processer, but youtube show people using a hand grater. If is just wonderful. I put alittle onion,, softened it added the cauiflower, added alittle water, covered and steamed untiil it was tender, it had a light onion taste and could have been used as a side dish. Next addig alittle garlic, onion, and mabe stock instead of water, plus no calories, blood spikes, a real winner!
    Hows Mr. Gobie doing? Are you both getting alittle more sleep?

Kim,Thanks, I love pictures! Get some well deserved rest!

EB, sounds like a fun breakfast, glad you found a waffle maker, its on of my favorite things, waffles, yum...

dcompton, Good Luck On your taxes. That parade doesn't sound like too much fun.

FW, YEA!! does this mean we get to keep Hunty??!! LOL, He sounds so darn cute!!

GBug, Have awonderful visit.

Have a fantastic Saturday!

ILC, sleeping in? LOL
    heard from BF, shes been sleeping it off, shes ok just swelled up and not feeling too hot.
    Bright warm sunshine!! snows melting, hope it all goes away, suppose to be in the 50's and 60's all next week.yea!!

Niko, prayers..

HI to those I forgot.

Got my raviolli maker thing, So, think I will try it this afternoon. Want to make a bunch so can get some in the freezer for later, would be a quick easy meal.

I got a whole pint of onion powder from my first batch of onions, that should last for a bit, the taste is wonderful!

today
    make raviolli
    run empty dishwasher, lol
    package and seal up next batch of dried onion.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the suggestions for the leg/foot cramps, everyone. I'm back to taking my vitamins, drinking lots of water, and making sure my feet are warm are night, and stretching more often. So far so good!

pinetree, great that you heard from your DBro. Wow, Massachusetts is a long way from you...my brother and I live diagonally across the street from each other but seldom see each other. He's an attorney with the U.S. government and he works all the time, plus he doesn't plan to retire for a couple more years. Maybe then we can get together more often. We have a birthday tradition with each other---when it's one of our birthdays the other one calls and sings a happy birthday dirge to him/her. Been doing it for years and we still get a kick out of it. He called me yesterday afternoon to thank me for the call; he couldn't pick up when I called him, he explained, because he was on a conference call with Washington at the time. I told him I understood

TDN, thank so much for taking care of the doggie. Can you take it on walks, or let it play in your yard? Poor baby.

dcompton, I too am easily distracted when it comes to housekeeping, but oh, I can sit and read for hours!

fw, I can just imagine Hunty being your little helper as you organize that pantry. So sweet!

RABBIT, you won't regret giving up some sleep for Gobie. What a good pet parent you are.

KimB, glad you got to leave work on time.

earlybird, that sunshine really does show up the dust, doesn't it! Actually it's rather discouraging at times, don't you think?

Gbug, how nice to have a clean house to start the weekend!

Anyone I missed, sorry, and I hope things are going well for you.

Got very little done yesterday except Bible study and cooking, but as Scarlett O'Hara would say, "Tomorrow is another day."

For Saturday:

1) Laundry
    2) Mop
    3) Clean bathrooms

Have a good day, everybody.