2016 To Do Challenge - Page 56
Page 56 of 351 FirstFirst ... 6465354555657585966106156 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, I was typing when you posted!

That cauliflower sounds goooooooood. I told DH about it and he said, "Try it!" So I will. Okay, tell me again how to make the onion powder? Do you use a dehydrator?

I'm glad you heard from your BFF. Yes, she would be swollen. A co-worker had all her teeth extracted after chemo had left them in bad shape, then she got implants, which are beautiful. We all brought pudding to her, because she was on a soft diet for a couple of weeks.

Glad to hear the temps there are warming. I'ts supposed to be a high of 38 here on Tuesday but by next weekend in the 60s.

TJ still okay???

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

yes Rabbit he is nosy too. Literally being a beagle and all. WOW,his 1 flaw. He sleeps w/ his eyes open so I thought he was awake and he went full blown Wolverine on me. Snarling and growling. Then just like it started its over. He blinks his eyes-huh sorry! You wouldnt think 26# could be so intimidating but you'd be wrong. Oh so wrong. Not good for kids.

Managed to split the foot scar open again. So painfully annoying. Going to give it awhile and proceed to "the project".
    Today I need to get water. I can get 24 Auquafina for $2.99 no listed limit. Going to con DH into getting 6 when DD needs a ride home. We may be able to get DD's 10% discounts too. Water is on my mind w/ Flints current crisis. We have our own well and a system to purify but it stcik w/ you. My body is going South fast enough w/o adding lead.

Everyone be well and do something fun today

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, I wish bro lived across the street, we did years ago, but his then wife was too jealous of us, and between her and my Mom, they did a good job splitting us up. I just give Thanks now we have found each after after all those horrible years... Thats pretty funny singing each other the birthday song!!
    Hope you like the 'rice' I could eat it everyday! and there so many different things you can do to change the flavor!

Yes, I have a excaliber 9 tray dehydrater. I found it on craigs list, a grandma bought it to make fruit for her grand kids, but after 2 times she gave up cause they didn't like it, Its was pretty much new and got it for $100. best investment I have ever made!
    Look up on youtube how to dry using your oven. its really easy. Purpledragonfly use to have a mess of dehydrater recipies here on FV. Just dry them, I dry until they crack when you bend them, then throw them in a coffee grinder or food processor, maybe a blender until you have a fine powder. Make sure they are dry. Let the dust settle alittle before opening the lid.. I love doing sweet onion, they made a wonderful powder. Really theres nothing to it, I slice the onions with my food processer too! Coffee grinders are usuallly pretty cheap.
    try it, you will love it!

FW, oh my, open eyed sleeping dog, thats kinda scarey!? LOL
    We just got statement s from our water saying our water does not contain lead! Hope your is Ok, maybe havae it tested? We are hearing Oklahoma had bad water problems too.
    I hope your foot heals fast, thats got to hurt!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-thanks. Taking the day off the foot i think. No shoes for sure.
    ware- I had intended to get it tested. The reverse Osmosis filter takes about everything out but out tap water isnt as filtered and the outside water not at all. And we are S. of Flint but you never know how the Aquifers go. To the west they did heavy metal dumping in the lakes in the 50's. So IDK -air on the side of paranoid? Excalibur envy.

Talked to my Dbro and it was pretty nice. He called for a belated Bday call. We actually talked a bit about Ddad. Go figure. He'll be 50 in a few weeks.

Just sent Dh to grab a Chicago style pizza special and maybe we can watch something? I feel like a laze off day after yesterday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello all - We tested out the waffle maker today. It will be good for everything except waffles. Didn't seem to stay hot long enough to make a good waffle. We made some quesadillas and they were excellent. Will keep for now as waffles were not the real reason we wanted one.

I have added cauliflower to my list for tomorrow morning and going to try the cauli. rice. It sounded yummy.

My husband found a recipe online to make jerky in the oven using ground beef. I will order him the spices. He needs a hobby so this will be a start for him. I would love to have a dehydrator at some point. The onion powder recipe sounded really good.

pinetree - how do you store the onion powder? I am going to read up on dehydrators again.

The dust is gone. I also took the fan apart and cleaned it up good. That might have been one reason so much dust on tables. Decided to just keep going and now the room is about 90% clean. I even went thru dressers and closets and added a couple things to my next thrift box.

I have a million plastic grocery bags so I sorted them by color and found a crochet pattern online to make a tote bag. I can use it to make stuff to my moms when I visit.

My burst of energy is waning so I will hurry and finish up in here.

Tomorrow - will get paper at grocery store so I can get some cauliflower. We keep changing our minds on superbowl food. Now thinking nachos but that will probably change. Tomorrow i will just watch all the football stuff and sew hexagons. I dont have a fav team so whoever wins will be fine with me.

Have a good day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

my dad is finally admitting that he has too much hip pain right now to keep making multiple trips to the stores for food when we have a store that delivers for $6 and lets you use coupons and take advantage of the weekly sales. Plus, he way overbuys convenience foods and junk, he also buys large amounts of perishables that cannot be eaten in time. he is the ultimate impulse buyer.

O.M.G., it literally took half a day to place the order. I did my few things, then carefully showed him how to start by looking in the sale flyer online to buy items we need at sale prices first, then how to search for other items he wanted. He lost the cart 4 times! I'd have to start all over with my things (which of course I had not written down because I was doing it online but with my messed up memory, did not remember what I had ordered) and then re-teach him. I said let's do this together but he was in a bad mood, annoyed that "the site is so buggy" and wanted to be left alone to oder his crap in peace. Then my mom had her stuff, she was kind and just handed me a written list. I had to call the 800 number 3 times, twice to convince my parents that although we were being "charged" Saturday's prices, we would get the Sunday sale prices when we actually pay tomorrow. They still don't believe that and are freaking out that the bill is so high, arggghh, it's only high because the Sunday prices aren't in until midnight.

if I was allowed to drive and walk that much, I could've gotten our groceries 4 times over in the time it took to order them! oh, well, hopefully this will work for them and help rein in my dad a bit. the last time he shopped, he bought 5 different kinds of bread and our freezers are full! We really need to have a grocery budget and I'm trying to teach them to plan meals from the sale flyer. They are so used to just buying whatever the heck they want and I cannot afford that.

I did notice they both sleep with just a sheet on in the middle of winter so I started setting the thermostat lower at night, then I forgot all about it and it stayed low for a week, no one complained about being cold. So there is money saved.

they started out on very hard times and it's really only since they retired that they've had this much financial stability. But why waste money? Like my mom wanted pork chops not on sale when pork loin was 99c/lb. The woman I grew up with shopped at a warehouse store that was all generics, sometimes cans had no labels and what was inside was written on top in marker. They could make a dollar beg for mercy. They seem to have forgotten those skills. Time for a new Sheriff in town!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Put away groceries dh bought, washed the dishes, went to church. These are my 3 to do's I did after work.
    That's it for me today. Maybe play a couple games of cribbage with dh. I'm on a winning streak playing against him.
    Good night everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sorry that you are aggrevated Bernice. I sent Dh to the store for Absopure on sale for $2.99/24 when he picked up DD from work. I come down and i have $3.99 Dasani. Seriously,not close. He says they didnt have it,thats what the lady at the checkout told him. Really? Got phone,or sale paper. So now he goes back,going to waste gas,they prob. wont want to take it back and DD work there so we cant argue too much. And it was 6.00 more because I asked for 6 at the excellent sale price of $2.99. Dang it.

Tried the new pizza place-nope. Greasy pizza,salty bread. pass.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sort of a chaotic day here. My sewing machine started acting up the other day, and I decided not to try to fix it myself. It really needs a professional tune-up and a good cleaning. I'm pretty sure that's all it is. So Husby was nice enough to drive it over to Hibbing (70 miles one way) and drop it off at the dealer. We talked to the tech before Husby left and I ended up having Husby take my serger in for a quick look, too. The tech determined that the cutter I just installed was indeed installed correctly, that the serger is working perfectly, and which cutter Husby needed to buy so I'd have a spare. No charge for that, but the cutter was $15. Can't complain. So that's taken care of and I should get my machine back in 2-3 weeks. Glad I didn't get rid of my old one or I'd be very annoyed, not being able to sew for that long.

Then poor Husby called me from the fabric store. I needed flannel to make more liners for the DfG project, so I made him a list of different prints that would meet the requirements. When he got there, the store didn't have any of the stuff I had picked out online. So he's trying to describe what they do have while I'm trying to find it online, which was impossible so I told him to pick out three or four prints that he thought would be appropriate. He did great! He found three prints, one of which I bought there last time, although he didn't recall that. The other two were ones I had seen online and had thought would work out, but he had no way of knowing which ones I had considered. I'm impressed. He's very good at shopping if I give him a specific list, but this was way above and beyond. So I'm back in business and can keep moving on the DfG project. He even explained to the clerks about DfG and told them it was a project to distribute reusable sanitary napkin supplies to needy girls throughout the world. I was impressed all over again! I didn't think he had been listening.

I finished up 24 shields for DfG today and my sewing machine did the topstitching perfectly. When I bought my new machine, the tech told me he was able to fix the old one but it would start skipping stitches again because the parts are so worn there's no way to get it to keep working for long. But so far, so good. Now I can start on the next 48 and get the new batch of liners going, too.

Not much else done around here, besides picking the dog up off the floor a few thousand times again today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Boy, do I feel rough today. Got white chili on cooking and making a Texas sheet cake. The truffles were a bust. Never did get solid enough to roll up. Cut coupons and that's going to be about it today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gb-sorry to hear. Really messed up the foot again too so I am watching bradley cooper in "Burnt" delicious. Back to the grind Monday I guess. Drab looking day out there too. Where is real winter?

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC....yes, I can basically do whatever I want with her. It started out with me walking her about 7 years ago after I lost my lab. Our walks now are over to my house. We have 2 acres that are fenced except the driveway so I let her go and we walk around the property, play ball, she is just happy to run around. I will go get her when I work in the yard and she wil just hang out with me. One time the guy told me he might get a ball and throw it in the yard for her. He said she does not know how to retrieve a ball. I loved telling him yes she does......we play with a tennis ball all the time! My hubby even bought me one of those chuck its for the ball and I bought one of those 4' long sleeves of dog balls at Costco in cute patterns....not that she cares but I like them. Went through a few pks of tennis balls over the years too. Can't believe she is almost 9! I have a big box of milk bones, flea meds, dog shampoo and dog towels, hot spot treatment, ear cleaning stuff, brushes and combs, retractable leash and water bowl by my front door.......and I don't even have a dog!

That cauliflower rice sounds interesting but hubby does not like cauliflower. Does the onion disguise it enough? Hmm.......I grew spaghetti squash last year and we are still using that. It has been a life saver with his diabetic meals! I want to try the zuc pizza crust this year. Have also done the zuc pasta and lasagna strips.

Today 1- reset house ( easy since I did so well yesterday)
    2- pay the bills
    3- catch up on challenges
    4- work on taxes

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning!

SD, Well at least your machines will be in great working order, when you get them back! Good thing you have a backup. Your DH did a great job, I would have ended up with pink and purple poka dots, lol Hows sugar doing? Plants pop up yet?

EB, I store it in a pint jar, I dont grind all he onion at one time, I food saver them and grind more as needed. I use alot of it now instead of the salt, it tastes so much better then the store bought.
    You will love the rice I'm thinking about making rice a roni with it, will see..

FW, Cant you buy a test kit from home depot or something? Did you see yesterday they were saying that north of NYC has radiation on the water from the power plant? Just a blog in our paper, but know I'm wonderiing how bad the water is..

Kim, that sounds like fun I havent played cribbage for years! Have fun!! Keep on winning!

Bernice, boy that sounds nice to have groceries delivered to the house.

ILC, I thought you had a dehydrater? I am so glad I found this one, I have dried everything in it. Well havent done grapes yet, they always get eaten. Hope you like the rice, buy it on sale, then grate, then freeze it for later.
    I like how we warm up and you get cold!

The chinook is blowing yippee, aka, snow eater or warm wind. Hopefully it will eat this snow right up. I see where Montana, the Dakotas, iowa and part of Minn is under blizzard warning, thank goodness it stayed north and we didnt get it. I'm sure they need snow up that way!

Well we got the ok to start seeds from the master gardener, so DH and the kids are setting up a rack with my lights so I can start seeds, starting lettuce, parsley and DIL wants pansies. will be nice to get green growing. Too early to start anything else right now, but it will be set up so I can plant when I want, now lets see if I can keep my perfect kitties out of it!! LOL

DS starts new hours today, has to go in an hour early from now on, so we wont get to see dil all week, she wont get home in time to see him at night, and will be an hour short in the morning, I'm sure they will get use to it , but it has everything messed up right now.

Had fun making he raviolli made enough for 2 meals, man did we have flour everywhere, but I think we finally got it down now, and we were cranking them out pretty fast!
    Now today I think we are trying tamales. Not sure yet, but I don't care about the game so that will keep me busy.

today
    fold clothes in dryer
    decide on dinner
    read the Sunday paper
    check for a cheap tv
    sweep kitchen floor
    vacuum

Have a good day!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TDN, you are such a wonderful dog owner! That dog has got to love and wait for you! Thank goodness you are there for him!

You might try the cauliflower on him, it really looks like rice, the garlic and the onion kinda takes over the flavor. I'm going to try it on my son, if it works on him it will work with anyone, Its kind of like Zuchinni, it takes on the flavors youre cooking with. Make sure you steam it enough so it doesn't stay hard. I am hoping this helps me lose a little weight too, plus keep my sugar down..

FW, take care of that foot. My DDad lost a couple toes havingfoot trouble with diabetics. Thats kinda scarey, scars ripping open, I have a huge one right up the middle on my back, and one across my front, from my gall bladder...Good Lord I hope they don't open up!! ugh Nightmares!!

Gbug, Feel better!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-some tests go deeper than others. Our DPW used to routinely do them. We have sulphur,iron,heavy sediment I do know that. Our well is pretty deep compared to other around here. IDK just feel too much spinning as it is. DH got the 6 cases of spring water. Should have gotten distilled but I give up. Radiation now. wow. Wonder why all our immune systems are shot.

All this cauliflower talk-Aldis $2.99 when they have it. Sizes flucuate here. I like cauliflower soup w/ chese and a few carrots throw in cut small cubes.