2016 To Do Challenge - Page 57
Page 57 of 351 FirstFirst ... 7475455565758596067107157 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, Yea I dont know either, when we lived in town, I got sick and the Drs. said it was fromthe water, wanted to know why I was drinking from a river! Told him it was City water, and he wasn't surprised. Well DH worked for their water Dept, and said no way, well he went to work and one of the guys he worked with said he had the same problem and it came from the same water tank, ha, they still swear the water is always ok. So I really dont think those tests are good. Or they muff them up somehow.

Wow 2.99, I am so glad I got mine for the .48! I have enough to last quite a while, I also l love the soup, but DH makes some kind of Indian dish with cauli. black beans, curry, green chilies, That I really love too!

ILC, we both started Gratitudes again! LOL
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, yes, the plants are coming up. I have one garden with seven pods of tomatoes in. Those are about a half inch high. I hope we like those and they do well. They're cherry tomatoes and we can use tons of those. One of the tall gardens has a tomato about two inches high already. Only one of the pods in the 3-pod flower garden is up, but the other two might come up yet. Mom had that kit and it's really old, so I'm not sure how it'll do.

Sugar's holding her own.

Cauliflower has been $7/head here over winter, then went on sale for $2/head so I bought some, then last week it was $1.25/head so I bought some more.

We've gotten about six inches of snow so far, but no wind. The wind might show up later, since we're on the east side of the state. Glad Husby had good weather yesterday.

I found my little bento! Finally! It was put away where it belonged, and I'm sure that's what confused us. It was in a tote full of camping stuff in the back room. I thought that tote was empty so hadn't looked in it.

Watching Kitten Bowl III. The writers sure went out of their way to come up with cat-related puns. It's almost painful to hear. LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, I'll watch some of the Kitten Bowl today now that we get the Hallmark channel. Most years I also watch some of the Puppy Bowl but kittens have got to be even more adorable. Right now I'm looking at the last few minutes of First Knight. Richard Gere--yum! Sean Connery--super yum! What a pair of gorgeous men.

pinetree, that's a bummer about your DS's schedule. Hard for a young married couple but I guess they'll adjust.

DH hasn't started anything from seeds yet even though it's past time that he usually does. He's considering just sowing directly into the ground this spring. We did that the first summer we were married and absolutely everything grew beautifully--the best garden we've ever had! Radishes, green beans, eggplants, squash, corn, tomatoes, bell peppers. We had so much we were giving it to everyone who would take it. General Beauregard Lee, our Southern groundhog, has predicted an early spring so maybe that's why DH is waiting.

What do you mean, you aren't interested in who wins the Super Bowl??? Our preacher even asked us for a show of hands this morning as to who we were supporting I probably should support the Panthers because Cam Newton is a Georgia boy plus he went to Auburn, but my heart is with Peyton Manning since he's such a good guy and an outspoken Christian and it's possible this might be his last game.

fw, hope your foot gets much better today. Stay off of it as much as you can.

Gbug, get well soon! Take it easy.

TDN, that's so wonderful you can do so much for the doggie. I know he must love you dearly. How strange that the neighbor won't just go ahead and give him to you, but I understand you don't want to press the issue. Gotta be careful with neighbors sometimes.

earlybird, Bernice, KimB, and everyone else, hope you'll have a great day.

For Sunday:

1) Church and breakfast DONE
    2) Go through coupons from newspaper
    3) Put away clean laundry
    4) Look at the coming week's schedule with DH
    5) Finish Bible study homework
    6) Watch Super Bowl (except when we'll flip over to Downton Abbey at 9:00---DH can't miss his fix)

Go Broncos!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC, that'a a heck of a hubby who will switch to Downton Abbey!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, I think my favorite Sean Connery movie is The Rock. Nick Cage was really good in that, too. The plot in that is amazing because it's the way a good plot should be, one problem after another thrown at the hero and each one moves the action along into the next conflict, till you have to wonder how on Earth the poor guy will ever get through it, and of course the subplot cranks the stakes even higher. Very well done.

TDN, I think it's great you look after your neighbor's doggy. Stuff like that makes me shake my head because why have a dog if you're just going to ignore it? But it sounds like if he gave that dog to you, he'd just go get another one to ignore and then you'd be caring for two of them.

I'm hoping we get our new greenhouse and garden built this year, at least a good start on it. We have to figure out fertilizer. It's a mystery to us. I very much want to be able to grow a ton of pea pods to freeze for winter, because we love them and they're $5/pound here on a good day. I'm too cheap to do that very often! We've had good luck with small amounts of them but need to fertilize to do better. Having some green beans in the freezer wouldn't hurt my feelings either.

I took some time to work in my office today. I sure miss being out there.

Been working on DfG stuff, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, fish ok going to try and spell this fish emalsion, LOL blew that one, it wont burn and you can feed it thru the leafs or the bottom, does smell like fish, but you get use to it. Dad use to use miracle grow, we do to sometimes, I cant use the fish with the skunks, they dig everthing up. but use it when they are gone.
    Tomatoes sound So good!

Kitten bowl is too funny! Thanks for letting us know it was on!! DVRing the whole thing....

ILC, I'm a Viking fan..Been one since the late 60's.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey ILC-The super what?lol I am watching a super Nicole Curtis marathon DIY Godess. I now know I want a solarium and a butlers pantry in my next house,when i win several lotteries.

Pinetree-trying but dogs KWIM we all napped but dogs gotta go out and woof things. Craving a beef and Cheddar Arbys today. Wonder if I can con DH. No way i can go out.
    Hunty's latest thing is he gets on the bed w/ the other 2 dogs and makes a "fort". They ate their bagel pieces but he saved and guarded his in his 'fort". Growling from underneath. As Ds would laugh and say "I like him that dog,he's such a little A-hole". And he is. Seems like he has superior smarts for a dog and likes to irritate. Hopefully getting neutered wont wreck him but take a little but off the attitude.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, I'm not much of a pro football fan but I do like both the Manning boys. This will be the first Super Bowl I've ever watched, I think.

Bernice---are you kidding?! DH just has to have his Lady Mary fix! He won't admit it but he has a crush on her, which is only fair because I had one on Matthew. LOL I think DH also likes the Dowager Countess's frequent zingers, which are indeed pretty good. Watching it is pretty much a Sunday night habit of ours. What we'll do after it's forever over in the next several weeks, well, I just don't know. I enjoy Call the Midwife and Sherlock but so far DH isn't as entranced as I am with them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, the Puppy Bowl is on, too. Or was. We aren't watching it. Glad you're enjoying the Kitty Bowl. I like how they kept pointing out about getting adult pets from shelters, too.

Thanks, about the fish emulsion. I'll have to look into that. I wonder if it would attract bears and other things we don't want around. I use Miracle Grow on house plants, and once on a Siberian husky.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hello - Last night I cut up 60 plastic bags to make strips to crochet. Humming right along then looked away for a second and cut my finger with the rotary. Ouch....not going to complain at all because it could have been sooooo much worse. I used up alot of gauze and tape too. Going to take awhile to heal so I am having to adjust to do anything. I am putting the strips together today to make the ball of "yarn". Might have to put the hexgons on hold for a day or two.

TDN - love reset the house that really sez it all
    pinetree - i am writing all the instructions in my notebook to try the onion powder. Thank you.

I forgot about the puppy bowl so will tune in. Just took a little cake out of oven.

Tomorrows To Dos: pick up book at library, a couple things needed at walmart,
    then home to get the floors mopped and the other bathroom cleaned.

Enjoy the game everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, LOL yep, thats how you spell it!! Um, I forgot about the bears! No, I dont think you need to try that.
    I do use alot of epsom salt, it works wonders on tomatoes, i disslove it in water then apply, most of the sacks or boxes have how much to put on. every 2 weeks. I guess you could look it up online. My old fish lady told me about it years ago, it works great, but my DH has to use what he thinks works good, which now hes into seaweed and all kinds of crap. I can't even use egg shells anymore, the baby shunks dug up all the shells and peppers. The bears would prpbably love those too. I dont put things out that smell like food or food scrapes, boy, I dont know what kind of zoo I would have!

Will have to see if I can find the puppy one, we watched a couple yesterday with puppies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

well,I dont think I said but if I did -sorry. Our giant cat named Bella finally found a home today. She came in at 20# and w/ a food addiction so bad she ate the plastic garbage bag out of stress. She is now 16# and was adopted by a nice lady who will continue her care. She got herself relegated to the office so she has become a favorite. Also adopted was our partial tail cat along w/ his buddy and the cat who skimmed my face w/ her teeth the other day (that one I think I mentioned). So most all of the 120 cats and kittens who were there when I started have found a place. When the 2 w/ Feline leuk. go to the farm in Utah it will be about 95% turnover. that is very happy for me.

So antsy today I cant do anything and have the cleaning bug!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

EB, You are Welcome!
    Now what are you doing with plastic bags? I make rag rugs with T shirts, sheets etc, but plastic bags? OH My Gosh, How bad is your finger? Maybe you should go in, I cut mine with a mondoline, few days later I realized i should have had stitches! Did it slip? I have been scared to death I am going to do that, guess I need to start wearing a glove, ah, you too!
    I would love to make garlic powder, but would have to have a 100 acre plot to do that I'm afraid. We planted almost 200 last fall so maybe I can use a few. I will watch for organic garlic, maybe I can find a bunch of cheap ones on sale.

Enjoy the game ILC, remember you are suppose to eat a whole mess of really yummy junk food while the game is on!! DH picked up a chocolate cake w/chocolate frosting and a big plop of german chocolate frosting on the top. cant wait!!

FW, you're bed sounds like mine, you have to fight for a spot! I dont know about getting him fixed, I hope he just mellows out a bit. He sure seems to be fitting in, and he is keeping the older ones on their toes! LOL At least you have exciting days to look forward too!

My D MIL. in nebraska, shes got 15 inches of snow but the neighbor came and dug her out. I worry about her, shes by herself now, and is 79, and onoxygen too. She is a dear love and I know she misses DH's Dad terribly. Well off to eat junk food the games ready to start, and I need chocolate!! LOL

Have a wonderful night!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, YIPPEEE!!! You need to celebtate!!! WTG!!! ALL have forever homes!! What a Happy day!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-at nap time but night they are being ousted to the floor or out. Gotta sleep sometimes. Yipee-indeed. I hate lifers. We have 1. He needs subcue fluids weekly poor thing.
    Enjoy the game. Do forget post game deals tomorrow or the next day. Yum.