2016 To Do Challenge - Page 6
Page 6 of 351 FirstFirst ... 34567891656106 ... LastLast
    Registered User Back2Basicsforme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok so for tomorrow 1/2/16 I work a nine hour shift! But before hand, I am going to try and get to the bank, pay a bill, and cancel my cable and gym membership!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - thanks for the recipe

Bernice - sorry you're having a bad day, hope tomorrow is better

TDN - wow, you are lucky that you didn't hurt yourself worse. You're like me, more worried that someone saw than how hurt you are. I am so jealous that you got another kitten to foster! Maybe I need to go volunteer at a shelter with cats and kittens like fw.

All this talk about pizza, when DH was in town this afternoon I had him pick up some stuff to make spinach pizza. I think we'll have that on Sunday.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have so many recipes I've been meaning to try, some of them for years. Pizza Margarita is one of them, from WW of course. I hope I can keep up with the New Recipes challenge because I do love trying new dishes and I've gotten so many great new WW cookbooks this year that I've hardly looked at. I could go all year and never duplicate a recipe. I have an entire WW cookbook that's all pizza recipes.

Oh, TDN, I meant to comment on your fall! I'm glad you weren't hurt worse. I did the same thing one day when I came in the house with my arms full of stuff and tripped over the Porta Potti that had just been cleaned and was waiting in the hallway to go back to the camper. Luckily I wasn't hurt at all, not even scraped, but I don't leave anything low in the hallway anymore! It was just like what you described though, one second I was up and walking and the next I was laying flat on my face.

I'm happy because the liners for the DfG project are all cut now. I just have to serge around them and they'll be all done. I thought I might get fifteen or twenty out of the fabric I had, but as it worked out, I got forty! So I'm happy about that.

We're dithering about going to get a new stove tomorrow. In a way we'd like to, but then again it would be nice to have a quiet relaxing weekend when we're just puttering and not sick and not worrying about how the heck we're going to get that heavy pool table out of the house without anyone getting hurt. The weather seems a bit iffy, too. Not bad, but not great either. We'll watch Highway Thru Hell tonight and that'll probably convince us to stay home. We hate to leave Sugar, too. I might go by myself to get a stove but I'm not too excited about that idea either. We're feeling pretty undecided, obviously.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

wow,jumping thread again now
    So I wanted to say TDN so glad your ok. That could have been BAD!! WTg on the kittens. I always do pairs,they are babies after all. And a bit more well behaved (mostly) if they can wear each other out.
    The rescue is finally down to about 50 cats. Some at Petsmart. Way lower than the over 100 we had in kitten season.

So I finally rallied and got 3 shelves done in the pantry w/ Hunties help. I made the meatballs and made noodles then used the L.O. sauce,mushrooms,green peppers and mozarella for a spaghetti dish. I just gave DH 2 oieces of rye bread and will make garlic bread another time.
    DD works tomorrow so Dh can drive her to work and then lunch w/ his friend. I can get some serious work done w/o them.
    Need to cash in on that sauce deal from Classico tomorrow. I am thinking 24 between the tomato and alfredo? Prices should start to skyrocket for Jan soon.

Does anyone know about using a gift card for Sams w/o a memebership. Dh is insisting you can buy one and do that?? If thats the case why would anyone buy a membership?

Pinetree-leave me be. I have to remember how to cook.lol Man is it stuck on the pan. DH is like I'll clean it for you. AHH! do not touch my wiltons non stick pan. He brillos things w/o asking. Dishes fear him.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rabbit-what an excellent idea. How many will you keep?lol
    Everytime I love on one they take it to petsmart and it gets adopted. So I have a love/hate thing w/ it. Jerry my fav. right now just went. He was a nice cat but is getting stir crazy. He got in a fight so they moved him out of the free move room. Miriam just got adopted. I am hoping this Calico I like gets a home soon. IDK I love calicos but they seem slow to adopt.

Crud SD-go get the stove. Your sounds scary. Frugal is one things and I understand we have winter too but..we dont want to hear about you on the internet-kaboom. Gotta give you kudos on your project too. Our next goal is to purchase solar lights thru World Vision for safety for young girls at night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll go get the stove if you go get a new furnace. So there. Your furnace is way scarier than my stove! The stove is safe enough. I'm not worried about it. The roads, on the other hand, are another story. It's fifty miles on the most dangerous highway in Minnesota, made even more dangerous since it's winter now. The big problem is leaving Sugar alone. It's not about the money. There's plenty of money to pay for it. It's just everything else. But I suspect we'll get up tomorrow and the weather will look okay and we'll go and hope Sugar is okay while we're gone. Or I'll go by myself. That wouldn't make the roads better but Husby would be home with Sugar then. We're just so sick of never getting a break on the weekends, since way last spring it seems like, starting with moving my mom or actually before that. It's just been work, work, work, go, go, go for months now.

Wanna hear something stupid? The tipping point for deciding to go tomorrow might be that I need two extra drawer pulls for the bathroom vanity project, and I can only get them at Menards fifty miles away. So for a couple of $3 pulls, we'll probably be out driving on bad roads and spending $1,000 and making a bunch more work for ourselves.

I'm tired now but have to be up till ten. We put Sugar on a potty schedule at night and it's helped a lot. We let her out at ten, then one of us has to get up again between one and two and then again at five. Husby has agreed to take the night duty on nights when he doesn't work the next day. That helps me so much, because then at least I get to catch up on sleep a little bit.

These are the stoves we're thinking about, minus the Whirlpool which keeps showing up in the comparison for no apparent reason. Comparison Assistant

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, I vote for the 5 burner, self cleaning one, its beautiful.
    How did it go with your DMom?
    Thank you for the recipies! I will try them both! Be careful if you go out shopping!

RABBIT, have you found a good pizza crust? I havent made the cauliflower one for ages! Yep, go for kittens!! They all need homes!

FW, LOL, nope, you put it on here, you know I'm all over it!! Did you get it cleaned up? What a mess!
    I hope I remember not to do that... lol

RABBIT, heres your recipe.

Soy ( less sodium ) sauce

3/4 c vinegar
    2- garlic cloves, or 1/3 t. per clove of powder
    3-Tbsp. Dark molasses ( or brown sugar)
    1- Tbsp. onion powder

Heat vinegar untill hot

Peel, slice garlic, add to vinegar, let sit overnight

Strain and combine w/ brown sugar and onion powder.

refridgerate & use as needed

warm and shake before using

Lasts 1 month in fridge.

1TBSP = 14 calories
    3g carbs
    0 fat
    2mg sodium
    80mg potissium - 11mg if used brn sugar
    5mg phosphorus - 5 mg if used brm sugar
    16 mg calcium
    There you go hope it helps!

Gbug Thanks for the recipe! My DH loves that!!

WE got all the inside Christmas stuff put away, awww, theres room again! We are suppose to get up in the 40's the next few days, so maybe we can get the outside done this weekend too. Its been below freezing fro almost 2 weeks now..some warm would feel really good, it sounds like it moved up north, you guys can have it for awhile! Steamboat Springs hit 100 inches of snow the other day, they can have it too! Its way up in the hills, and a ski resort.

tomorrows list
    start homework for e-course
    clean out sock drawers to get new ones in
    wash tree skirt and get put away, yep cat got sick all over it,ugh
    clean up kitchen
    get cat hair off blanket the cat sleeps on

Have a wonderful day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tomorrow I'm going to do laundry, declutter kitchen utensils, make my bed and go for a run. I also need to do a general cleanup in the kitchen. I was tired today and really let everything go.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning!

I wound up deviating from my list a bit yesterday. I got everything done except for putting the shelves together for the craft room. I wound up instead working on the closet in my room. I had a couple of boxes in there there I needed to finish emptying so I got that done. Also got some more laundry done. Had to do a load of towels and my comforter.

Today I'm going to attempt to get those shelves set up and start working in craft room closet. I need to zip over to the old house and pick up another load to bring back here too and put it all away. We've taken a couple of days off from hauling stuff down and while we needed a little break it's time to get back on it. Get what's left packed and brought down here little by little. I suspect a few more runs to GW or SA will be in order as we sort stuff out. I culled our books before the move and had seven boxes of books to donate. That was tough because I love books and love reading. But realistically I don't have the space down here that I had in the other house so something had to go and I donated all but my very favorites. We still had all of our college textbooks and we graduated college in 82 and 84! And to top that we're retired so we don't need to refer back to them anyway. Those took up two entire shelves! I did keep all my vintage Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden. No way can I part with those. That's where my love of cozy mysteries began

I also need to dust today and figure out how the Roomba works.

LOL WJCalderon at your Dad and the medium roast I also smile when I see your last name and that is my best friend's last name. She married a Calderon.

FW yes! That's my DH too. You can send him with notes and pictures from the flyer and he'll still get confused! It always baffled me how I could be so specific and he'd still call three times and confirm then bring home something different. Although you have good point about the other stores. I'm lost in Home Depot and DH can go right where he needs to when we're in there so I give him credit for that. Hopefully Hunter is just going through a spell of sorts and he'll get over the growly phase?

Gaja I used to go through and clean DDs room when she was a kid too. The only rule I had was she couldn't watch or peek in at all until I was done. Reason being I tossed a lot of stuff. Those darn little toys from McDonald's and stuff like that. She hung on to everything! So I'd go through, gut it, toss stuff and organize. She'd love it and never once did she notice anything was missing. I see you're in Norway! One of my friends is from Norway. Her sisters still live there while she is here in the States. She goes back every year to visit and they come here too. It's hard having them so far away.

Rabbit how is Cadbury? You reminded me I need to get Christmas stuff put away. We really didn't get much out this year since we moved in on the 20th. Our tree is too big so we bought a little 4 ft prelit tree and stuck it on an end table in the corner and draped the skirt around the end table and put out a couple of small things I need to take down. Next year I have lots of decorating ideas for this place but this year we were in a time crunch.

ILC that's too bad about the fireworks interrupting sleep

JackieXL nice to meet you and welcome! I hear you on the magazines. I got rid of a lot in the move. It was hard getting rid of the ones like Taste of Home. Such awesome recipes and great pics of the recipes but I just don't have space. I saved a few that I use a lot but the rest I tossed. I know the recipes are online and such but I just love flipping the pages of the magazines and reading them, seeing the pics etc. Tough to let them go!

TDN I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt. That sounds like an awful fall. How are you feeling today? I'm guessing you've got some big bruising and aching muscles from the sounds of it. Thank goodness you're going to be OK.

Earlybird welcome and nice to meet you! I am not one that rolls with changes easily either so I get it. Such a pain to restructure everything. Hope it all goes well.

StartingOver I always had the open door policy here too when DD was growing up. I do miss that now that DD is grown, married and out of the house. They ate like the food was coming off a conveyor belt and made a ton of noise but I did love them. I used to stay in the computer room and work while they took over the living room and kitchen area. They were such good kids and I enjoyed having them. What kinds of things are you interested in that you could turn into a hobby? Hobbies are awesome and I agree you need one

GB thanks for the quiche recipe. That sounds very easy and yummy to boot. I'll give that a shot. I don't have any green onions though...wonder if I could toss in some dried minced onion instead?

SD yes I figured there'd be a bunch of other recipes for the pizza crust...I just haven't taken the time to look. I really like the bread kind but I want to try some others. I'll check out Bisquick box too as I already have that in the cupboard. I'll have to write down that recipe for the chicken. DH likes General Tso's chicken. Good luck on the stove decision and Sugar. It's so hard to leave them I like the idea of one of you staying with her while the other gets the stove / drawer pulls but of course it's always more fun going places with someone else. I also like that your DH will split the night shifts with you when he's off work the next day. That will give you some much needed extra sleep. I think a night schedule for her is a good idea.

BackToBasics4Me welcome and nice to meet you.

Hi to anyone I missed!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not very good at posting my "to do" list then getting it all done in one day. Maybe I should post a weekly list instead.
    For the last couple of lists I posted, I only achieved 2 out of 3 items. But at least I accomplished something.
    Yesterday, I did nothing except put a pot of vegetable beef soup in the crockpot.

So for today:
    1. Make cornbread to go with the soup
    2. Take down Christmas decorations and put them away (the problem with this one is that I need to sort thru all the decorations in the storage room and pack up a lot of them to donate)
    3. Complete grocery list so I can go shopping tomorrow

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-no we just finished the pizza and I will soak it awhile,I am too busy anyway.

TO DO
    3 more pantry shelves and dump quite a bit of stuff thats bad.
    shower
    get a few things a the groc.
    NAP. why am I so tired!!
    Dh is going to lunch and DD is gone. I am excited to get things done w/o people under feet. Too bad the dogs dont have batteries.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You can use any type of onions, I think. I finished a book and started a Baldacci novel. Today I'm going to do laundry and make hambone soup. Got my free loaf of bread from Kroger. DM is still with me. Don't know when she will be leaving. DH is still sick. Looks like it could snow, but it is not in the forecast.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hikr00- surprisingly no bruising and I do bruise very easily.....not really sore either!

FW....maybe the stress is making you tired? It wipes me out!

For today
    1-put Christmas stuff away!
    2-finish menu plan, grocery list and 20 wishes
    3-daily bible reading

I am hoping to accomplish more than this but these need done!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WJ, Dont worry about getting your list done, there are days I can't get anything marked off. I wold hate to admot how many goose eggs I have gotten!

TDN, Thank goodness you have no brusing, or sore, you really got Lucky!

B2B, nice to meet you too, welcome!

FW, dont work to hard or overdue it, remember your nap! hugs

Just checking in....

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Has anyone researched how badly stress affects your body and all the illness that can stem from it? I know just enough to know it is not good! I am a high stress person. I even will create scenarios in my mind......worst possible of course! My husband is the opposite. I wish I knew how to just relax!

To me being tired from stress is the worst kind of tired. I would rather work out in the yard all day and come in exhausted.......that is a good, welcome kind of tired!

I can relax by listening to Klove radio station. Something about the praise songs works fast on me! Cuddling a fur babies works to

Page 6 of 351 FirstFirst ... 34567891656106 ... LastLast