2016 To Do Challenge - Page 8
Page 8 of 351 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858108 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're not the only ones in our area who feed them. The deer never show up here till after hunting season, so no worries.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, Yippeee, yahooo hip hip horrary!!! Your deals are going to work thru 2016, you are still one Lucky duck!!

WTG on the stove! Self clean is the only way to go!!
    It almost sounds like our old pink one we had in Wyo.,the middle had a plate you lifted up and the whole thing was a grill, we could cook like 8 pieces of french toast, a mess of eggs, it was really cool.
    You even had a dehydrater?? wow, just wow I am impressed!!

Thank you for feeding the animals, they will love you forever, plus the fact they are fed and feel safe. You should put hunters vests on those deer.lol

Now.

FW, what they heck is my puppy doing out without a leash and running around? Did his Dr. approve of all this fun he is having? LOL,,, oh, you must take pictures!! I am going to miss all of his growing up! Is he just being really cute? Did he take off and run in circles? I am SO excites he is feeling so much better, if you only knew how many prayers I sent up for that little guy! I bet you are SO glad you took the chance and brought him home!! What a cutie pie!!

Bernice, I hope things change around for you soon, hang in there I know its tough. hugs

RABBIT, CAN you Hear me?? How you doing today? OH RABBIT...
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have to have a self-cleaning oven to strip cast iron when it needs reseasoning. Unless it's rusty, then I use a battery charger.

Our very first stove was an old one that had the griddle like you described. It was white, not pink, but it was the same thing and I loved it. This new one just sits over the center burner, but that's okay. I've decided I'm going to store that, the big griddle I already had, and the broiler pan from our old stove in plastic bags in the drawer under the oven. Otherwise stuff just get dirty in there. The new stoves don't seem to come with broiler pans. Not sure why. I've never used mine but I don't use the broiler down by the floor. My house is too full of dust and hair and who wants that on their steak?

I'm not sure what to think about the dehydrator. I already own two of the round plastic dehydrators and like those, plus I could use the countertop oven to dehydrate, I think. What I think I'm really going to love is the bread proofing setting. I'll be able to just put my bread in there to rise and not have to worry if it's warm enough! Maybe I'll bake more bread, which I was planning to do anyway.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I asked Husby how many pounds of trash we dumped last year. It was 2,660. This doesn't include anything recycled, given away, donated, or things like the three TVs, three monitors, and scanner we recycled, or the pool table, or the truck and trailer load of stuff we sold on the garage sale.

I'd say we easily got rid of two tons of stuff, not counting the pool table. No wonder the place is starting to shape up!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-you do remember he's really 3-5yrs. old and has long since grown up right?
    He is like a sniffing pacman in the backyard. He sniffs in the square of the garden,along the edge,over the rock garden. pees,turns the corner sniffs,heads along the back,around our big boulder, the whole perimeter of the deck. Really no running. He is more ruckuss in the house. We are fenced all the way around. I am watching to see if he could skinny out by the gate and I think he can. I told everyone I want to be the only one doing this. I have the leash but he cant hear me when he's a sniffin' every inch anyway. He is done w/ the quaranteen of no excercise soon. I think w/in the week. He is so much healthier,brighter eyed and shiny coated then when he came. He has energy and is happy. He is my little helper and is almost always at my side when I sit.

Have a plan for tomorrow and need to stop for tonight because I am wiped.
    DH finally got the check in the mail. I figure 1/3 belongs to the government. And it shouldnt mess us up too much in 2 months. Depends how the rest of the year goes. I know we made less this year w/ all the work loss so I am wondering what we can expect back?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning, I deviated from my list again. Ugh..I need to stay focused. We went and met DD, SIL and the kids and picked up our end tables and nightstand that SIL assembled for us. DD and I popped into Joann Fabrics as we both had GCs from Christmas burning a hole in our pockets. I picked up a couple of projects to do with oldest DGD when she's visiting (I can't wait till the youngest can join us in our crafting) and the fabric and straw wreath to make a Valentine's Day wreath for the front door. I realized I have made wreaths for other holidays / occasions but forgot Valentine's Day. I also picked up a new pinking shear blade for my rotary cutter and a storage box to keep a couple of projects together. We went to Lowe's and DH got another storage shelf he needed for basement. Get this...they had the same shelf at Home Depot and Lowe's. The HD one was 90.00 and the Lowe's on was 60. Big difference. We hauled all that home and zipped down to the other house and I got three more boxes packed, hauled to new house and unpacked and put away. So I was busy and did get a bunch done just not quite what I had planned.

Today I need to get back on those shelving units for the craft room. I really want to get so I can craft in here soon as DD and the kids will be coming this week and DGD said to me before we moved in "Granna, will there be room in your new craft room for me to craft with you?" Oh my heart...I said yes of course sweetie so I am hoping to surprise her and say "our room is ready!" We have church this morning also.

GB, I took the pie crust out to defrost last night so we're having the quiche tonight. Thanks for the onion tip...I'll try the dried minced and see how that goes. It might be a little different than the recipe calls as I currently have cheddar, Montery Jack, Mozzarella and American cheese in the fridge but not enough of one on it's own so I'm going to just mix them up to get the amount of cheese needed. Wish me luck!

ILC I hope your DH finally parts with his textbooks soon Isn't it wonderful how rereading a book from childhood can just bring you back. Love it.

StartingOver, maybe you can expand on your Bible studies and find a hobby there? Check out your local Bible bookstore..maybe they have some ideas. Reading is a good hobby and there's no better book than the Bible. I'd say your Bible study and the stuff you do through church may be your hobby. And you're right, once you retire you may find with the extra time you'll have that something new will appeal to you and you can give it a shot and see how you like it. That's awesome your DD got a job. Yay!

SD glad you got a stove and yay for deer food. I loved that picture you posted a while back of the deer hanging out waiting for their food to arrive. LOL. Have fun with the herd I checked the book out for our new glass top stove and sadly they say you can't use cast iron on it. I can use it in the oven of course but not on top. I am bummed. I even had put the Lodge combo cooker thing you recommended in my cart at Amazon so as soon as I knew for sure I could order it quickly. Darn stove!

FW I love hearing how Hunter is thriving and developing into his own little man attitude. So cute. I'm sure he's a bundle of energy. It's cute that he's latched onto you and become your little shadow. Relieved to hear your DHs check finally came.

Hi to Kim, Bernice, Rabbit, Ayanka, BackToBasics4Me, wjcalderon and anyone i missed.

Enjoy your day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I decided against making cornbread to go with my soup. While I'm not exactly on a diet, I don't need the extra calories.
    I did, however, take down all the Christmas decorations and put them away.

Today:
    1. Shop for groceries.
    2. Make and freeze sandwich buns
    3. Sort thru the Christmas decorations in the storage room that I never use any more. I should be able to come up with a pretty good load to donate.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning.
    Hikr00--I actually used a bit of Parmesan that I had left and sharp cheddar. I think any hard cheese would work well. If it is soft cheese, it will make it runny, I think. I made hambone soup yesterday with my hambone and more ham. It was delicious and easy.

Today I am going to try to take DM to church. DH is still sick with a cold and won't get out. If I do feel like driving later, I will stop by Aldi's and pick up blackberries for 99cents and a pineapple for 99 cents. I have a lot of coupon clipping to do when I get home. Going to make pasta with a jar of Alfredo sauce for dinner. Using Texas shaped pasta that I had on hand for the pasta. Going to make Parmesan sticks to go with it. Going to be a very low-keyed day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I also forgot to mention that my neighbor brought me some surveys last week that she doesn't want to worry with. I filled one of them out and mailed it and last night she brought me $25 that the company sent to her for my work. You have to be invited to do the surveys, but she doesn't want to do it, so she is giving them to me. Woo! Hoo! Free money.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gb-thats a good neighbor!!

Yes,no one is more relieved to get paid than we are.
    Going to try to do the pickle shelf/cereal/tea/and finish the powdered drinks in the pantry. Kinda sore from all the walking and bending so I will tyleno up.
    My goal is to start soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I asked Dmom if she was up for a eat what we have challenge to use up lots of pantry/freezer food and see how long we can get by on just buying bread, milk, produce. She said yes but it's convincing my dad to buy in to it, that man just loves to grocery shop. He sticks to a sale list sort of but goes rogue on so many non-sale items that look good to him, that we are spending way more than we should. And walking the store is more walking than I am supposed to be doing. I guess I could use the scooter and nudge him with it when he is not behaving, lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I need to finish up yesterday's list plus I want to go through old Christmas decorations and start putting Christmas stuff away.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bernice-sound like a poor idea at best.lol

Decided to splurge and get burgers,fries and shakes from our local diner. I got a patty melt which will be brunch and dinner because thats a lot of meat. We havent spent anything entertainment wise all Christmas/New years other than a $4.99 special movie 2x so I wanted to have a little fun.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1. Do laundry - get work clothes ready for this week
    2. Change bedding
    3. Vacuum
    4. Take out trash
    5. Straighten living room

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, that's good news about the check. A load off your mind, I'm sure.

Hikr, it sounds like you're moving right along on the new place. Excellent! Feels good, I'm sure. I can't wait to see pics of your craft room. That's so cute about your granddaughter wanting to be sure there was room for her. We hate Home Depot and haven't been there in years. Menards quit selling De Walt tools but Home Depot has them, so we go to Lowe's or L&M instead. Of course it helps us stay out of HD because it's 110 miles away, but still. We hate that you have to go into a locked area just to look at tools. I understand about theft but that's ridiculous and a nuisance, so we voted with our CC and quit shopping there. Not that they miss us, I'm sure. I generally try to use half as much cheese as a recipe calls for (whenever possible) to cut fat, salt, and calories since I refuse to eat icky reduced fat cheese. Usually there's no noticeable difference.

The deer were waiting when we arrived home yesterday with half the open truck bed full of bagged corn. As we pulled in I was doing shtick about what the deer were saying at the sight of that corn, like "Back that truck up right here, and we'll unload it for you, no problem" or "Oh, look, it's the catering truck we ordered." Husby was cracking up. The deer didn't have any comments about my comments.

Husby tried to talk me into a glass top stove yesterday. I just laughed at him. I wouldn't put a big canner on one either, and I'd worry about my big stockpot, too. I'm envious of how easy they'd be to clean though.

GB, that's so thoughtful of your neighbor!

Whoever I missed, I hope you're having a great Sunday.

We don't have the stove in yet and it's snowing, which isn't a big deal. We have to move it in today regardless. We decided we need to paint the stove area in the kitchen before we can put the new stove in. Otherwise, we'll just have to unhook it and move it out again to do that at some point. So now we're trying to figure out where to put it in the house till that gets done. Nothing is ever simple around here. So now that I finally got the freezer out of the LR, we'll probably have to move the stove in. Ugh. It never ends. Can't wait to get it in the house and look at it again though.

I got the seat cushion cover done for the chair this AM. Not my finest work, but it'll be okay. I really needed my industrial machine but I don't have the new part located yet, so it's still not working right. And I've determined I hate the four-inch cushion I cut for the back. It's too thick so that makes the chair uncomfortable. I ruined a really good piece of foam for nothing. I have some thinner stuff that is perfect for comfort, but not quite wide enough. Ugh. I'm going to use that anyway. I wish it was all perfect but it's not, and since the chair frame was basically free and this chair will be in my office where no one sees it, it'll be good enough for who and where it's for. The back cushion cover should go a lot quicker than the seat cover, so I hope I can get that whole thing done in the next couple days and out of the LR.

I also altered the shirt I made for my mom. The sleeves were too long and too poofy. She'll be happy to get that because she loved it except for those two small problems.

Husby's dragging in the deer corn, which has to come through the house to be put into cans on the front deck, so I better get some shoes and help him. After the corn is done we'll attempt to get the stove in. Wish us luck. Once we get it from the tailgate onto the side deck it should go okay. I hope so anyway.

Page 8 of 351 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858108 ... LastLast