2016 To Do Challenge - Page 86
Page 86 of 351 FirstFirst ... 36768384858687888996136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    Bernice-wow good going. I tried 1 once and ate my way back up 15# in about 3 weeks. Carbs all tasted fantastic?? Well,3 months of that and no thanks.

She had a good time and now tomorrow she does a mini version at her church.
    When I went on the stronger one in December, I regained the 30 lbs I'd lost and gained THIRTY more. This is not healthy and I have to do something. The one thing is I've always had insomnia when depressed, on this drug, I sleep great. I have to give that up but being obese is not healthy and it's affecting how I feel about myself.

congrats to your mom, I bet you are proud!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bernice--I hear you about gaining weight. I am trying to lose the 20 that I have gained from not doing anything, but sitting.

DH made it home sometime in the wee hours. Guess he felt guilty, so he bought be two blouses for spring. He needs to leave more often. lol After my head clears, I am going to clean the patio and get my beds cleaned up before the rain comes in tomorrow. I am definitely ready for spring even though we really have been experiencing it for a month. Just hope winter doesn't appear again this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We are warmer today. But still cold.
    Dropped DD @ work
    picked minimal at Kroger. Cheese,meatballs,tomato sauce
    May go to Sams for a few stray items-walnuts,caltrate,shampoo?
    Told myself to do at least a minimal amt in the pantry
    clear washer for DH and fold another load and hang one.

Hunter made a huge mess w/ stuffing from the new toys I got at Big Lot. All toys are his in his mind. Mackey has something too and got sick a few times last night. Poor baby looks so humiliated when he gets sick. He went in the hall to mope so I left the room door open for him. I feel bad but can you imagine a 110# toddler?lol He was so sad when the Tshirt I got Hunter wasnt for him. Maybe I'll sacrifice an old Planet Fitness t-shirts for him. hahaha!
    Spaghetti for dinner.

Was coughing from the not catching whatever DH has-right. Should just catch another hour

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, don't get sick! Just rest and drink fluids and feel better.

Gbug, nice for your DH to bring you clothes! Do they fit? Are they your style? Boy, that's impressive.

Bernice, Paxil put weight on me but I was sort of able to control it till my thyroid pretty much stopped. But now the Synthroid has helped me lose some. Plus I had tooth issues and two root canals within 2 weeks of each other and lost a little more. Still have to work to keep it off.

pinetree, our computers at work were awful and because our school was due to be rebuilt "someday" and everything would be provided new, we couldn't get the crappy ones replaced. Sometimes it would be noon or after before they would boot up. DS talked me into a laptop several years ago, which works fine, and now he thinks I should get a tablet. "They're so inexpensive now, Mom!" "But son, it's not needed now!" Hope yours gets to working today.

Everyone else, keep posting. I love keeping up with everybody.

Woke up feeling like a Mack truck had run me over. Stiff and sore and achy from the daytrip yesterday but still glad we went. Our friend really appreciated us being there--we've all known each other at least 30 years-- plus we were invited to stay for the lunch prepared by the church for the family and out-of-town guests. Oh, it was Baptist cooking at its best. Tons of vegetables, salads, fried chicken, and a whole table of nothing but desserts, including the best caramel cake I'd ever had.

For Sunday:

1) Laundry IN PROGRESS
    2) Bible study homework DONE
    3) Pick up den DONE
    4) Clean kitchen and breakfast room and mop
    5) Cook a nice Sunday meal
    6) Watch the last-ever episode of Downton Abbey

Enjoy your day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DfG is the Days for Girls project. Days for Girls International | Sustainable Feminine Hygiene.

I'm working on the first bereavement gown. Not sure this is the kind of sewing for me anymore. I used to love putzy stuff like that but since I was a contract sewer paid by the piece, I can't stand it. Or maybe it's just that I'm sick of sewing in general right now. Or maybe I just need to work through the learning curve. I'll have to see how it goes. I don't have much time left before the outside work starts anyway, so by the time I get back to doing any bulk sewing again, I might be revved up for it. There are lots of different styles of gowns and sacques and pouches, so no doubt I could find some other pattern I like better, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lost my post again, ugh, so Hi! I dont feel like redoing it! I know being lazy!

ILC, I can't use a tablet, they are so small, I'll stick with my laptop! Glad you spent time with your bf!

SD, take a break for awhile! You just cranked out all those shirts!! Gotta admit, you keep me hopping!!

Gbug, Be safe I'm hearing you might get too much rain.

SO, OH my I love my weekends, I wonder why you feel that way.

FW, eat those oranges now!! You dont need to get sick!

Hi to those I forgot!

Taking it easy today, spent the entire night doing nightmares again, its so fun!! Maybe will plant a few seeds indoors, maybe go out and work in a flower bed OH Yeah! I have my first bloom outside, I will try to get a picture!! Someone threw these away, the bulbs, yrs ago, we picked them up and planted them and they are just now blooming! My nursery is saying to plant spinach, brocolli, lettuce, etc, cold weather seeds outside now! So will see if the ground can be worked, and maybe will plant some and see what happens.

Ha, so I guess I do have things on the list!!I need to find a good list to do my spring cleaning with, maybe I'll just do what I want.

Was sad to see Nancy Reagan passed away. Sad to see all the people from my younger yrs, passing...

have a fantastic day!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Haven't posted but have tried to keep up which is what I'm doing right now in another window
    Last weekend ( Sunday and Monday for me ) I did really well. I could move within reason very well. Shame it can't always be that way. I accomplished a lot and am very happy with what I got done. Unfortunately a week later it all needs done again but still happy.

Back later after I do some more catching up while I'm on my 15 minute breaks having to sit. Will post what I've got done and still want to do while I'm off the next couple days. Off to read some more.

Oh Dear, reading FW's husband. Am far behind. FW hope it's turned out ok.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Was just stopping in to read a little and say hi and of course now DH is ready to watch the movie I rented. (Room) Waving hi to all. I'll be back on Thursday.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

RABBIT!!! hi,I looked at that at the Kroger but didnt get it.
    Nikko-his lungs are a mess so he goes in Tues to see about Wed. But I highly doubt it.

Oh,spring is SO coming. My only cat (12 y.o now) who isnt fixed because she was very feral when I got her and no vet wanted anything to do w/ that then; is in heat. Instead of singing and clawing to get out like other cats,SHE ANNOYS ME. mommy,I feel funny,lets sit together all day. Can I stick my nails in you and hang from your neck? isnt this great. OOOf. She was so sick when I got her that she imprinted on me strongly. And she's a super sweety. But i like to breathe!lol

Just took DH to Sams Club w/ me so he could get out-mistake. What a zoo! And everyone seemed stoned into submission. I couldnt wait to leave. Lotta big people hang out there. And man do people buy the worst stuff for themselves. Going to stick to Mon. from now on. Its pretty empty and shopping is quick. If anyone cares $2.98# for 90/10 ground beef. Got my 10#.

ILC-thanks but its inevitable when everyone around is sick. I been doing lots of fluids,napping when my body says so-w/o guilt,trying to avoid sugar-epic fail as always,I have mucinex and halls. Oh and Allergy pills. Going to wash bedding today.

pinetree-I got 2 bags of oranges,3 of diff. apples. You are very bossy,thats why I like you,I can relate.lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Taking a break from cleaning up the flower bed. Found new flowers coming up, a frog, and a worm. Oh, the joys of spring.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

On womens shelter call your Sheriffs Dept. They will tell you where to take it for drop off and it may even be there. Ours is. No one is supposed to know where it is.

Pinetree sorry about the bank. If I can remember when I get that far I'll talk more about it.

Fw ... wow. Just wow
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Niko-thanks but I'm tough and fairly well set for now as long as things dont go past about Aug?. Its the dang health ins. that will waste all the money. I am stockpiled for armageddon at this point.lol
    Last edited by frugalwarrior2; 03-06-2016 at 03:50 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I finished the clothes in my room- 8 bags of decent stuff, I don't know where this energy is coming from. Have one sized down clothes up from the basement, I'm going be brutal. Someone who is working can really use this stuff. Did I already say I'm donating to the town that got decimated by a hurricane 3 or 4 yrs ago, tons of people lost everything, some still have no running water. My parents are hooked up with a priest who welcomes anything for these poor people. His group has done so much.

might need a break and start tomorrow on the clothes that are one size too small

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

heres our flowers, can you smell them?

2016 To Do Challenge-0306161428.jpg

Hi RABBIT, enjoy your movie!!

Gbug, Yes, I agree Spring is fun, I thought I heard the toad the other day, maybe it was him, DH says the wasps are out here already.

Niko, Too bad you couldn't take a day off just to drink coffee and relax..

FW, Thanks for the heads up on Sams. I meant that to be concerned not bossy!

Bernice, I hope your energy is a sign you are getting better!!

Hey, SD you would be so proud, I found a box, with a lid thats attached, I cut up some blue papers and made dividers, then proceeded to put all my seeds from A-Z, in order, and now I can see and find everything!! Sure it would be better to have it in a hard side suitcase, but it fits perfect in my hutch drawer and works great, Thanks for the idea!! Now I know I dont need pepper seeds I must have 20 packages!

Thats all I have gotten done, the wind came up and blew in some nasty looking storm clouds, the temp dropped anout 30 degress. Going to try and plant some leek and onion seeds and call it a day.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You'll love that, Pinetree! I had to put away some squash seeds yesterday and it was so nice just to be able to open the case and put them right in the correct slot. Isn't it amazing what you find that you have lots of duplicates of, once you get around to organizing? And having a box that fits perfect in the space it needs to be makes it better than the suitcase idea!