2016 To Do Challenge - Page 9
Page 9 of 351 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959109 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, that's good to hear about the check! and Hunter just sounds adorable. You've done a good job with him.

Well, today started out to be a bust. Woke up at 7:30 to get ready for church and felt dizzy and yucky so crawled back to bed and slept till 10. I hated missing the service but anytime I feel the least bit dizzy I stay home---vertigo can hit so quickly with me. Finally feeling a little better. So I'm getting a late start today.

For Sunday:

1) Catch up on Bible study homework
    2) Vacuum/mop (didn't get to this yesterday)
    3) Pack away the rest of the Christmas decorations
    4) Feed backyard birds
    5) Watch Downton Abbey season 6 episode 1 tonight

Have a great Sunday!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I see everyone is busy, busy..

Today
    read the paper
    maybe help put away outside lights, I am not going out in thst snow, too much ice..
    work on menu plan, homework

Have a great day everyone, will check in later..
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, we posted togeher again, hope you are feeling better.

vertigo is fun isn't it! hugs...
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-you have nOOOOO idea. Dh takes everyone for their word and I am the suspicious one to the point I am hoping its good!! Funny about the deer. I do that w/ the sound off w/ TV. Dmom makes up stories about people when they pass by.
    Bored minds-on nooooo!!

ILC-must better than expected. He's gooood. Now that he's getting out more much less accidents. He's so good he even tried the litter box.lol
    He is so funny when he naps w/ me. Looks like a cockroach on his back. and he does the beagle splayed back leg thing on his stomach. Wish he were fixed and I didnt have to put him thru more but less cancer and more willingness not to nose wander and pushing me. He has me hooked in case you cant tell.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by ilovechocolate View Post
    StartingOver, is your Monday night Bible study BSF? I do that on Monday nights.
    Its not a BSF. I wish it was tho. I've found a few churches that hold these studies but they are held in the morning which does not work due to the fact I work.

Yesterday I washed the bedding on both beds, cleaned the shower/tub and started to clean DD bedroom. She received gift cards for Christmas and went on a major shopping spree. She hit some great sales. I have a rule that for every new item that goes into her closet one item comes out. So we spent some time going through her closet and reorganizing. By the time we got thru her closet we needed to get ready for 4:30 church. I so love the fact that they now offer 2 services on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. I'm NOT a morning person and I enjoy sleeping in on Sunday's.

So for today:

1) try to finish cleaning/organizing her bedroom - doubtful it will get done as she has lots of homework to get done before she goes back to school on Monday.

2) have one load of laundry left to do

3) dust/vacuum downstairs family room.

Dinner? Probably some chicken and wild rice with a salad. Easy to do and quick

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by hikr00 View Post
    StartingOver, maybe you can expand on your Bible studies and find a hobby there? Check out your local Bible bookstore..maybe they have some ideas. Reading is a good hobby and there's no better book than the Bible. I'd say your Bible study and the stuff you do through church may be your hobby. And you're right, once you retire you may find with the extra time you'll have that something new will appeal to you and you can give it a shot and see how you like it. That's awesome your DD got a job.!
    Thank you! That's a good idea. I will check next time I'm down that way. I do find myself getting a little more involved with the church. I hope to do more. There is so much going on and they are always looking for volunteers.

Right now the idea of retirement scares me. I don't know how I would fill my days. But I'm sure when the time is right I'll know it and I'll find something.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We got the stove unloaded. It's decorating the family room, which wouldn't have been possible three weeks ago. I like it more today than yesterday, which is good. That oven is HUGE! Maybe my big roaster will fit better now. I hope the simmer burner works on this one. The lowest setting on the simmer burner I have now is still a full rolling boil. Hate that!

I don't know what's on the agenda the rest of the day. We're feeling lazy. Husby has been sorting things. He's having a hard time parting with his briefcase, but there's no use for it. I think he's planning to drop it at GW tomorrow, I hope.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

curious, what is BSF Bible study? never heard that term

I wish we could feed the deer. We are in a suburban town that considers deer a "problem" because they eat certain shrubs. It bugs me, so don't plant those if you can't deal with starving deer. Sometimes they extend or allow more deer to be hunted to solve the population "problem". I get they cause car accidents, I get they eat pretty shrubs but are they really that big of a problem that we are told to let them starve? If we brought home corn, we'd be chased out of our neighborhood.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hunting is part of good herd management. We don't like finding out 'our' deer have been shot, but without hunting they'd all be starving and the forest would be decimated. I can understand why they don't encourage people feeding deer in populated areas. We've very rural here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I guess I get that. And we actually live in an unique eco-system here, the only one like it in the world so I can understand wanting to preserve that. Although many have voted to develop those lands.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I suppose we're lucky since we are surrounded on one side and the back of our property by a farmers field and beyond that is woods. We get to see deer just about every day and we don't have to feed them. They eat what is grown in the fields and whatever is left in the winter.

TDN - stress can run havoc on your body, I know, when I was going through all this health drama I had lost 14 pounds in one month without trying. I started to workout daily and prayed a lot. I also tried to deal with the issue head on, okay if the worst happened how would I deal with it. Planning instead of worrying.

KimB - Happy Belated Birthday!

ILC - I also was wondering what BSF was?

SD - your new stove sounds like it is going to meet all your needs. I love old dogs but having to get up at night is so hard, I remember having to do that with our old Border Collie. Of course she didn't just go out and take care of business, it also took her around 10 - 15 minutes to find the right spot. Your husband is a gem for helping you out.

fw - that's weird about calico cats taking longer to be adopted, it seems when there is a litter of kittens, the calico's go first. We took in a stray Beagle about 2 years ago while we were looking for the owners. He was the same way Hunty is, had to sniff every tree (and mark it) in the yard and we have about 45! The dog LOVED the yard and then when we found the owners we heard that he lived in a mobile home with a tie-out. No wonder he loved the yard.

pinetree - sorry I couldn't hear you yesterday. It was DH's birthday and I was off making sure he had a good day! Thanks for the soy sauce recipe.

hikr - boy you guys retired young! Your sweet to ask about Cadbury, he is doing great. It's hard to believe he will be turning 10 in May.

wj - 2 out of 3 on your list is doing good! There are days I do nothing on my list. Now if my list said, nap, read and watch tv, I could probably check all of them off!!

Today I got a load of laundry done, dropped the beater off at our mechanics house and worked out before going to church. The rest of the day is mine to do as I wish.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

All I got done was church, then visit dd, her boyfriend and grandson for a couple hours, (they made us brunch for my birthday present) shopped at aldis.
    1)dusting of all the shelving
    2)sanitize garbage cans.
    I love sitting in my dads (shack) and watch the wild animals. Wish I could do it more but I'm afraid to go out into the woods by myself. Dad has captured pics of coyote, wolve, bob cat and bear on his camera. I've only seen deer, partridge, various birds, snakes, turkey, some kind of weasel type animal, etc. when sitting out there with my son during hunting season. I like to take pictures of them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rabbit-we tied ours out as kids because she would scale a 6' fence and take herself for a walk. Oh course she came to us as that stray I mentioned before. She had a great backyard to run in if we were out. Certain dogs and trailer parks arent good IMHO.

Had another nap today. Fast becoming a nice habit but I really need to just go to bed sooner.
    I got 2 shelves of the 3 done so far. Need to make omelettes for Dh and maybe DD. Kind of in slow Sun. mode. Also took an allergy pill and that makes me groggy the whole day after.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Of Kim that sounds cool but yeah I would worry about bears and hunters!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Starting Over--It is very scary to retire, but I kept as busy as I did when I worked. Finally my stroke slowed me down and I have come to the realization that I don't have to get everything done immediately. It will take time, but enjoy it while you can.

Page 9 of 351 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959109 ... LastLast