2016 To Do Challenge - Page 93
Page 93 of 351 FirstFirst ... 438390919293949596103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

thank you for the prayers for my mom. I have her propped with her legs so high she is not happy. She didn't gain anymore wt but she lost nothing after getting 2 IV meds yesterday so we are not out of the woods. She said sometimes she loses fluid wt the second day after the IV meds so I'm hoping for that.

papers sorted and put away, bills paid. Laundry in. Tried my daily reading, as par for the course I fell asleep, that keep's happening! So try again, lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

been out of it all day just trying to rest. I would have liked to have done something w/ DH but we are both whomped.

Our life ins on Dh went up the usual $4. starting March and I am trying to brain storm where $48. could come from. The utilities are down,only get 1 hair cut a year at this point,no more subscriptions,or club dues. well,maybe gas as he's not working? Hopefully,vet bills will be lower now that hunter is cured/fixed and all that. I'll find it I always do.

Bernice-would a pacemaker benefit your Dmom. Helped mine a bit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A question? what kind of parks are you going to that charge a fee? I never heard of that before. Is it for camping or just enjoying the park? I am curious.

Today i went to library and it was the puzzle exchange. Its once a month and you bring in your puzzles and take what you want. when done, bring them back. I am an avid puzzler and this was puzzle heaven. So now i am working a new to me puzzle. I cant believe that I wont have to pay for puzzles for a long time. Its the small things in life.

5am is early but I always like to be the first patient of the day. I cant imagine not going until noon and being the last one. Will send good vibes your direction that things go as planned.

Still moving on the spring clean. Went thru all cupboards, drawers in kitchen. Some to thrift, some to trash, rearranged and am happy with it. All thats left is the actual cleaning.

Election is tuesday and I work the polls. I am taking a small crochet project to work on when no voters. I am going to start a simple scarf using tunisian crochet. Its a good busy hands project that i can set down quickly.

Tomorrow I have no todos except dye my hair. I think I will go to Target. I have a gift card and need a few things. Will watch the race in the afteroon.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi guys, just got home, worked my tail off! I am pooped and in my jammies, eating and heading off to bed, ugh time change is going to be tough!!

Sleep tight, see ya tomorrow!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Earlybird-combo county and metro is $59. State parks pass is $11. and you can buy that when you renew you tabs every year. Michigan has an amazing park system. Lots of wooded forests and lakes. Then also the state parks are by the Great Lakes. Camping in them is extra. The county park we go to most often has made tons of improvements these past few years. We have free parks-mostly sports game parks and a few small ones like the park in town. Each of the parks have a diff. "theme". one has barn animals,ours near us has boat rentals,nature and ski trails (cross country). Another park down from us has an amazing golf course and a mini aquatic feature. A few have gun ranges. They are well maintained. I just remember when it was $30 not $59. lol
    And as far as 5 a.m. its an hour down and getting ready time bringing it to 3:30? Nope. Then you know you wait and wait thru prep and registration. Who knows when the surgery will start.

Still have wheezy lungs but I found Clariton has helped. Prob. need antibiotics but going to a clinic can be tricky w/ all the meds I take. My internist gets aggrevated when I do. The last time they gave me steroids and I started passing out behind the wheel on the express way.

Feeling dumb. After the irritation w/ DH over the charger I realized today they usually come w/ one. Sure enough in the box-there it was. Being sick is def. dulling me down. My mind is obviously on events to come.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. I didn't sleep well last night. I have a headache this morning. We have sun this morning. I hope that I feel like enjoying it later. Going to cut coupons and maybe work in my garden if it gets warmer and my headache goes away. Have a blessed day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, sending up prayers that you'll feel better today and that everything goes well on Monday with DH.
    DH and I take a generic Claritan that we buy cheap at Sam's----loratadine. We use it all during allergy season and it helps. DH's doctor uses it too---he's the one that told us it's Claritan.

earlybird, puzzles at the library---who would have thought it! Ours has DVDs and also discount passes for various fun places.

Bernice, you're on a roll with getting things done. Good for you!

pinetree, I wondered where you were yesterday but figured it had to do with either work or with the kids. Hope you've had a good sleep and can take it easy today.

Slept awful last night, woke up stiff and sore with heartburn, which I never get, and DH felt even worse than I did so today we're just going to hang around and take it easy.

Yesterday I spent a couple of hours in my closet going through my wardrobe and trying on some things. Practically everything in there was A) too big B) very unfashionable or C) Both A and B. So I filled up 4 bags of stuff to donate. (Bernice, you still hold the record at 11 bags. )
    Before cold weather next fall I've got to buy a whole new wardrobe.

For Sunday:

1) Supper in crock pot DONE
    2) Go through coupons
    3) Mop
    4) Sweep porches

Have a good day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, hope that headache goes away so you can enjoy your day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    Bernice-would a pacemaker benefit your Dmom. Helped mine a bit.
    no, her problem isn't rhythm. 2 medications that are each 5k a month keep her alive and help her breathe (they are paid for by grants from the drug company). There are continuous IV meds that I've had end stage patients on and I am going to ask about those at her appt next week. First time she is maybe letting me go since diagnosis years ago. I suspect she does not tell him everything.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

morning, I think!!

RABBIT, It's so nice having you back!
    Yes, its really nice having Bernice to explain things!!
    How are you doing? I wipe my walls down with either a mild clorox water, if people have been sick, otherwise I use a weak spic and span, yellow one or a mild OM's purple Fabuloso, enough to just clean everything. I try to wipe things down a least one a year, more if we have flu's and colds going around. Its freshens the entire house, and it reallly does look alot cleaner.

Gbug, I hope you feel better later.

FW, try and get some rest, geeze Monday is coming fast! Hugs

EB, mine are for a State park, we dont do the Federal ones much anymore. Its all getting expensive, especially after the flood, everything had to be rebuilt.

SD, beautiful picture. Thinking about you, sorry , I meant you on the furnace, not FW.

Bernice, Hang in there you are doing great!!

ILC, LOL, I sure could have used some help yesterday!! I cleaned miles of glass shelves, mirrors and glass objects, glasses, squares, all kinds of glass shapes, polished silver plates, cups, bells, mugs, pictures frames, wood ones, plastic ones, you name it. All of it sits on a glass shelf, backed by a mirror.. what a pain in my back!! I didn't get it all done. The kids will have to do alittle at a time. Its like cleaning a jewelry store! AND streaks, aw man!
    DH and DS, took the entire day to putting in light bulbs! 6 trips to home depot, the ones in there are discontinued and they wouldn't help them find a replacement!
    DIL, hauled out almost 2 dumpsters of trash! Her landlord came over and said it was looking alot better. She bought them 2 bottes of wine, a bunch of balloons and a really nice card. The Insurance man brought them a purple orchid plant, its just beautiful! They have along way to go. They guy has saved parts from it looks like the 70's. They cannot be used for anything, so will recycle most of it. Its 3 towns over so its not an easy drive for me. I went thru 2 tanks of Oxygen, I only have 2 tanks, and cant take my base generator with me.
    Tell DH hes cheating buying the plants already started!! Now don't tell him he has more sense than I do!! LOL. I am buying my peppers and tomatoes I think.

Hi to those I didn't get.

My list for today
    not doing much of anything.

My oinions are peeking up so I Might, go out and plant some spinach and lettuce, peas are suppose to go in by Thursday.

Have a great day!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bernice-you can bet on it. Dmom used to act like such a fool at the Dr'.s. Being all complimentary and cutsy but asking no questions and writing nothing down. I love her so I called her on it. Now we ask serious questions. I found out she wasnt even hearing him talk let alone taking any info. in. So I developed a "did you hear what he said mom,repeat that back. She was dismissive at 1st but I persisted. So stay on it,write it down and be firm through the inevitable fight/push back. Blessings and peace knowing your doing the right thing. Get her meds schedule. Dmom writes it down but still ended up going to the hosp. because she somehow lost what 1 of them does.

Took a shower and I feel a bit better. Wish I wasnt in such poor shape right now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, ilc and fw hope you all are feeling better by tomorrow. fw, praying that all will go well tomorrow.

Taught SS this morning for a group of 5 kids. I think a lot weren't there because of the time change. It was a nice class though. Napping today and getting caught up on shows that DH and I tape and watch together.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thanks for the park info. i will see if our parks charge a fee. i know for camping you would pay but the ones i have been to were free. thats alot of money for a pass.

i forgot to set the clocks ahead last night. wasnt late for anything but still it i couldnt belive i forgot. they are all set now.

fw - God be with you tomorrow and I am sure we all will be there too in spirit. Take care of yourself.

A very dreary day here and with time change the day has been fast. I think i will just give it up and turn in early to read.

Tomorrow: a return to target from today. quick stop at grocery and then home. no chores tomorrow as i like to rest up for voting day. i have to leave my house around 5:15am.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

thanks so much all. It was a rainy one here too. Dh went to his best friends and they took a 4 hr, lunch and hang out. We played cards and had ice cream then he picked us up some Outback.
    We have to go to bed soon because of the outrageous start time tomorrow. Surgery is around 7 a.m. Trying to prep for a long day tomorrow.
    Just praying I'm feeling better tomorrow. DD couldnt get the day off so the dogs will be a mess before I can get to them. DD is supposed to let them out in the morning and stop back at 3pm. IDK when I'll be back home??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Highway 61 Revisited

FW, my thoughts are with you today and tomorrow. I hope it all goes well.

EB, our state parks charge entry fees here. Not all states do though. Our annual sticker is, I think, $24/year for the first one but it's not for the calendar year, it's good for twelve full months no matter when you buy it. Some states' passes expire 12/31 even if you buy it in December. We pay camp fees on top of that, a base rate for each night's stay plus an additional charge for power and water. Firewood is an extra charge as well. I can't say we feel bad about the fees because we have over eighty state parks here that are well maintained. We've been to some states where there aren't entrance fees and the parks are beautiful but not well maintained. We've camped all over the midwest and think Minnesota has the nicest parks. I'll admit to some bias though.

We visited three state parks today because we ran away from home again and drove up to Grand Marais for lunch at My Sister's Place, 300 miles all told. Not a real long day. We checked out the city campground there which wasn't a thrill and enjoyed a nice drive along Lake Superior. The big lake was restless today. No ice to be seen up there anywhere in the water. We concluded we need to drive Hwy. 1 every few years so we can be reminded how bad it sucks to drive Hwy. 1. Even the dog was unhappy. But we took another route home, which was longer but far quicker and more enjoyable.