2016 To Do Challenge - Page 94
Page 94 of 351 FirstFirst ... 448491929394959697104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, prayers for you and your DH for safe travels and safe surgery.

Let us hear from you when you're able to find the time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Me too FW, sending up prayers, will be thinking about you at 3am, I'm up at that time every day, be careful and let us know everything is ok when you can,,,hugs
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, praying for your hubby and you here too FW!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW--Prayer warriors are at work!

One year ago today I had my stroke. I am trying to keep busy by going to therapy, cleaning house, and doing a mystery shop.It's going to be a hard day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, even though the past year has been rough for you, let's be optimistic that the next year will be awesome. And look how far you've come---driving, volunteering, working!
    So glad you're here with us at FV. HUGS

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Slept a little better last night but stayed up till 1:00 reading so maybe I was just really tired.

pinetree, I wake up around 3 some nights too but it's to go to the bathroom and fortunately I can go back to sleep. idk, maybe you just don't need as much sleep as you used to??? Frustrating to be lying awake in the wee hours.
    Are you going back today to help with the kids' business? It sounds as though the previous owner never cleared out inventory.

For Monday:

1) Bake a pie because it's Pi Day (pi=3.14)
    2) Reschedule dental appointment
    3) Vacuum foyer and dining room
    4) Swish and swipe bathrooms
    5) Review Bible study homework/go to class
    6) Fold/put away clean laundry

Have a good Monday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Furnace guy came and went, handed me a bill for $128, and the furnace still doesn't work. Ugh. Something is shorting out and he can't find it, and since he's not an electrician he doesn't want to tear into it and maybe mess up something else. I'm glad he's willing to admit that. I don't want to deal with it today. He did give us a break on the labor and only charged for half the time he was here, and as he was leaving I asked a question about the thermostat that's not working on the gas fireplace, so he offered to come back in and look at it. We need a new one. It's not that old, so that sucks. However I can't complain too much. He didn't charge for the diagnosis, and I can put the new one in myself so it shouldn't be a big deal. We can still use the fireplace by manually turning it off and on.

Got some sweeping done but with the gas guy, the dog, and me tracking in and out, have to do it again already. The yard is all mud. I did get the dishwasher loaded and another load of rugs run through the washer. I think that's all the rugs now. I might wash a load of door mats we used for Sugar too. Haven't decided yet.

I hardly slept at all last night. I might go back to bed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, Woke up at 2am on the nose, (so should be 3 am your time), laid there thinking about you until 5:30am, figured you were there and things were underway,( 6:30 am your time ), then went to sleep, so sent up prayers for you guys... hoping to hear something soon. Hugs..

SD, so sorry about your furnace, what a drag! There isnt that much to them, but I guess a electrician would know more?
    Sounds like you are spring cleaning too!
    Get some rest, I think everythings catching up to you. hugs

Gbug, I hope you dont get too discouraged about it being a year, my Dr. told me that mine could take 2 yrs to recover, yours might be the same. Its hard not to be able to just heal and feel better when you want, but you have come along way the last few months!! Keep working at it!! Hugs..

TDN, I see you pulled a muscle, hope you are doing better and it heals quick!! Hugs..

ILC, Nope too far to go, I need to figure out something else on my oxygen tanks. They are on their own, everything doesnt need to be done right now, she needs to just clean up the customer area, the dust is pretty thick in there, and the new light bulbs are really showing it now. Shes almost done. This is her slow time, so she can work on it everyday. Ours is picking up, so we have alot of things to get done here.. yep, he was a real pack rat, saved everything!

I think I am coming down with something, I didn't feel good going to bed last night, then dont feel to good now. So I am not doing a thing today, period. I think I need more than 3-4 hrs sleep, with these stupid diretic sp, pills I am up about every 1-1/2 hrs. I get so tired of getting to sleep then having to get back up to run to the bathroom! aw, Who said life is fair? lol

EB, mine are state parks too, we dont have very nice city parks. We have to pay like SD, camping and everything are extra, the pass just gets you in the gate.

DH planted some seeds for me yesterday, peas, radishes, spinach, lettuce, kohlrabi, now the news says snow on Friday. ugh...

Looks like we lost more trees, my apple might not have made it,and it looks like alot more cherry trees are gone. man, I lost almost all my fruit trees. sob..

big goose egg for today's list

Have a wonderful day..
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm home and exhausted. Real quick but more later.
    DH made it through. He lost a lot of bone to infection and the guy is bombarding it by packing antibiotic cement beads??? He has to stay off if for 6 weeks and needs to get the ankle fused and maybe more donor bone? after that at this point. Things are morphing. He still has the foot at this point. I didnt stay long after he was in his room,had pain pills and food ordered. Already talked to Dmom earlier. The puppies were excellent-no messes,no stealing. DD is at work and I need to touch base w/ her. Thanks so very much. Too tires as I havent slept in a whole 2 days. BBL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, Good to hear everything is OK, now we will pray for healing.

You get some rest. Thinking of you, hugs.

Also Thanks for letting us know, I get worried after a bit... Hugs

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Pinetree. I am glad it was a muscle and not my appendix. ( same area). No I did not go to Dr. But hubby had the same thing happen a few years ago and did go to ER worried about appendix and it was just a badly pulled muscle. Think it happened when I lifted biggest cat ever out of a lower cage then all the bending to clean several cages. Was fine when I went, came home in horrible pain. So I am on my 3 rd day of sitting on my butt but feeling much better. Never did get a fever and the pain would subside when I was not up and about so the initial worrying it was something serious is gone and on the road to recovery! Why is it I long for a time to do nothing then when it happens all I do is sit and think of what I need/want to do?

Nearly finished with the life changing magic of tidying up,...good thing cause It is over due. ( I am not a reader so finishing a book is hard for me, lucky it is an easy quick read) our library does not charge for over due but I will probably get a recorded phone call soon. My friend is doing a yard sale this summer so it gives me the kick I need to make another go through of all my stuff!

FW......thinking of you!

Spirit Deer......thinking of you too and hope it is getting easier to bear.

Rabbit........hope things are ok with goobie and you are enjoying your time together. Hope your back is feeling better too!

We have spent a little of our tax return. Brake work on the truck which came in under $100! Totally expected much more! New flooring from Home Depot for my craft room. It is Armstrong linoleum or whatever it is called these days......off the roll in the store......neutral limestone it is called. I do not know what limestone looks like but it does not look like stone at all to me. Just a light, neutral look with no fake tile lines or anything breaking up the look. Fairly flat so should be easy to clean unlike the highly textured piece I have downstairs. So I really want to go get more paint to redo the trim before hubby puts it up and work on deep cleaning everything but making myself wait since bending down to touch up paint around the edges did me no good yesterday!

Hi to everyone and hope you are all doing well!

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree. You probably already said and I missed it but what kind of business did your son and daughter law buy?

We have northwest forest( forest parks, 2 states) pass here and discover pass( I think state parks) Both are at least 35 each I think or a day pay rate of 5-10 dollars. Then there at trails that charge a day rate. It all gets confusing......nothing is free anymore. I think the locals should get a discounted rate and let the tourist pay a higher rate. They also add a $5 donation to each vehicle license renewal. It is optional but you have to remove it because it is automatically added. It says it is to keep county parks open. I used to add it to half our renewals (2 out of 4) because my cousins husband works for a county park but my cousin said it doesn't help because no one pays it so I quit too. They already charge a daily fee so this would be on top of that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like more good news than bad, FW. I've been thinking of you both this AM. Thanks for the update. I sure hope he heals quickly and all goes well there.

I'm thinking again about the trip we were supposed to take last spring to see the baby bison. We had to cancel due to Sugar's needs. Not complaining a bit because we'd do it again in a heartbeat but since we don't have that issue this year, maybe now's the time to go. We talked about combining a trip to the Black Hills with a trip to the Lamar Valley in YS, but the two can't be combined because the babies are born in the spring and the elk bugle in the fall, so it's going to be two trips regardless. Then maybe we can do the Lake Superior circle tour in the fall. I'm going to start making up a menu for the first trip, just in case.

We came up with a plan for how to attack the work we want to do inside the garage yesterday, so we're happy to have that on the radar now. We're going to start by sorting the crap up in the rafters the week after Easter and go from there. I'm hoping we can do the spring trash run on Saturday to get all the winter trash taken out and get all the cans emptied again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TDN, Nope I didn't answer you, I try to remember everything I want to say and now I forget almost all of it!

The kids bought an Awards shop. They do mostly plaques and promotional products.

Your flooring sounds like something I would like.
    i havent seen anything without tile lines or flat either.
    We put wood floors in the kitchen, and I really would like it out, mine is hard to clean,, and its really hard for Trouble to walk on it, so its covered in rugs. maybe a picture of your new floor?

SD, Hi, thats all I wanted to say.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree.....you didn't forget because I did not ask before. I just figured you had already said it in a post and through my skimming I did not catch it.

We put tile in our kitchen several years ago and I hate it. I wanted it sooooo bad! I wanted the cheap linoleum gone! But now I would love to have a good quality linoleum in my kitchen.....one that is fairly flat would be so easy to clean. Hindsight is 20/20 as they say......

I will post a picture when we get the room finished.