2016 To Do Challenge - Page 95
Page 95 of 351 FirstFirst ... 458592939495969798105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TDN, funny how you just have to have something, then oh boy, are you sorry later! I would love the same thing in my kitchen!!
    LOL, I might end up buying the same flooring!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have white vinyl floors in almost half my house and can't wait to get rid of it. It came with the house and was brand new, so I've put up with it all these years. But it needs to be replaced in the next couple years. We live in the middle of a sea of gravel and dirt with no walkways, and I can wash the floor and literally within five minutes it looks like I haven't done a thing. That stupid white shows EVERY speck of anything, every dark hair from the pets, every little bit of dirt tracked in, any crumb or drip of anything that gets dropped in the kitchen. It's to the point now where I can't really get it clean due to all the micro-scratches that catch any dirt and even the dirty mop water. I'm looking for the next flooring to be so colorful and busy I'll be able to hide a ham sandwich in it.

I'm hoping I can find a nice vinyl plank that's waterproof and looks like stone or tile.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, Thats why I hate my floor, I can sweep it and turn around and go back over it and pick up more, I cannot ever get everything off of it, its likeit has static electricity in it and stuff attracts to it. Its laminate. Mine is a med. oak and shows everything too. The old floor was from the 70's, the yellow, gold brown squares, you could put your whole dinner on it and never see it, but it was so outdated!, I learned after getting my off white carpet, I will never do light colors again!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, thanks for the update, still keeping your DH in my prayers

pinetree, what time do you take your pill? I was taking mine at bedtime but switched back to the morning because I also had to get up 3 times a night to go to the bathroom.

TDN, Gobie is doing fine. He has no idea he has cancer and so far it has not affected him at all. I hope he has many more months like this.

Still trying to take it easy with my back so not much done today besides work and grocery shopping. Have to take Bomba to the vet tonight for a well check and heartworm test. Will check in later.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw - happy to hear it went well today. will pray for good healing now. hope you can get some rest.

I had the worst peel and stick floor known to man for about 11 years. a couple months ago we got brand new linoleum and it made the apt look like new. we also got brand new carpet and thicker padding. Now i am after them for a new stove.

I looked online and ohio is one of the few state that doesnt charge a gate fee or pass fee. you have to pay to camp though. there are alot of state parks and all seem pretty nice. i guess we are lucky that it is still free. I always thought it would be fun to visit every state park in ohio so maybe i better get started before they charge a fee.

Did some shopping today. Since I am spring cleaning I am replacing a few things in the kitchen. Didnt stop to eat either......it was so hot that we didnt want to leave stuff in the car so just came home. Relaxing the rest of the day to conserve my energy for tomorrows long day. I enjoy it but will be very glad to get back home.

Hope everyone has a nice tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, dear Rabbit, I forgot you this morning, I'm Sorry!! I was thinking about you when the dishwasher was running tho, I forgot to put in,

run empty dishwasher, lol

SO glad to hear he (Gobie) is doing so well, Praying its all gone! Miracles do happen!!

I take mine in the morning, he took away my other one, I only take a 1/2 but he says he doesn't want to go any lower.. I have weird reactions to meds. I only take 1 tylenol, its like you taking 3. I guess I should be thankful, almost all my meds are in 1/2. but boy I could sure could cut this one in 4's! The only way I can sleep about 4 hrs. straight is to take a pain pill, BUT, I can barely make it to the bathroom in the morning.. one day I am not going to make it. lol, tmi

Hope your back feels better soon, too, warmer weather might help you alittle.

Found a natural soy sauce, its Braggs liquid aminos, all purpose seasoning. Its alot lower than soy sauce but still has alot of salt.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, good to hear about your DH and here's praying things will now be better!

Praying also for you to sleep well.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just finished the life-changing magic of tidying up by Marie Kondo. Well I kind of skimmed the last 20 pages as I could not take it anymore. The titles "do you greet your house?" " your possessions want to help you" and "is it true that tidying increases good fortune?" did not interest me. I did read where she talks about her childhood loneliness and she does say" because I was poor at developing bonds of trust with people, I had an unusually strong attachment to things"

I am kind of surprised this book is a New York Times best seller. I do admit I am not a reader and have pretty strong opinions of my own. I like her ideas of handling each item and considering if it "sparks joy". I can not imagine emptying my purse every night ( she says it would be cruel to not give it a break at least at home) , not storing anything in the shower /bath or kitchen sink area( you dry it off after use and put it away), sorting papers rule of thumb- discard everything( she doesn't keep owner manuals because you can go back to where you bought it and find out info) oh and stockpiling is a definite NO NO! She does not have a dish drainer but puts her dishes in a bowl and places on the veranda in the morning and they are dry when she gets home and her kitchen does not looked cluttered. Her favorite organzation tool is a cardboard shoe box, and while that is frugal, reading her description of how she uses them and the lids would drive me crazy to look at. OK, OK.....I will quit now! I do admit I have been laying on this sofa for 3 days and am getting a bit cranky along with flying hormones. So I apologize if I offended anyone. I am glad I read this library book, glad also I did not buy it.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

]Pinetree.......I use the brags liquid aminos......I looked at the nutrition info specifically thinking of you and saw the salt content still quite high so never said anything. The soy sauce I buy is low sodium and not much difference sodium wise between the 2. The brags is supposed to be good for vegetarians I understand, is why I buy it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rabbit, that's wonderful news about Gobie! I've been thinking of him and you a lot the last couple of weeks.

Pinetree, I understand exactly how you feel about your floor. Maybe vacuuming would work better than sweeping.

EB, picnics are fun at state parks. We used to take a portable gas grill along for ours. I don't know why we quit doing that, but I was telling Husby the other day we should go back to doing that once in a while. I think what happened was we bought the campers and decided we'd camp instead of picnic, but it's nice to do both so we can just take a couple hours for a change of scenery.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TDN, I relooked at the soy sauce, lol, the Braggs is 160mg per 1/2 tsp!! The lite soy sauce is 530 per ! TBSP! SO the braggs is, 960mg per TBSP. HA wait until DH sees this, I assumed the serving size was the same, this what I get for assuming!!

Never mind RABBIT!!

SD LOL, I do vacuum it, too hard for me to use a broom nowdays, hard to bend over to pick it up! The broom kills my back. So when I say sweep, I'm using the hose part of my old kirby!

Those picnics sound fun. MY guys aren't fond of eating outside with the bugs. I bought a table, chairs and umbrella for the deck, and they want to eat inside!
    Sounds like you have the itch to travel a bit.
    When is the green house going up? Maybe I'm way ahead of you these warm temps feel like it may.

ILC. Hey, what cha doing?

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We don't enjoy eating outside with bugs either! When we camp we sit at our little dinette in our little trailer to eat, then go sit outside

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not sure we'll get to the greenhouse this year. The garage is the priority now, and since we didn't get to take the camper off the yard even once last year, we're not going to sit around here all summer again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TDN, you may have told me before, but what type of trailer do you have? We have a little trailer, too.

I bought a cabana made to fit an R-Pod camper a couple years ago, and I'm impatiently waiting now till I can move the trailer so there's room to work on modifying it to fit our pointy camper. I found the R-Pod room on eBay for $180, NIB, which was a steal, and I don't think it'll very hard to mod. Then we'll have a screen room again and we'll love that. We had AARs (Add A Rooms) on our two previous campers and used them a lot.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OH SD-baby bison-treat yourself!! sorry about all the furncae issues.
    And many thanks again to all who sent the prayers and thoughts. DH is already biting at the bit to escape. Not really there yet!! We are not set up for wheely scooters around here. I wish he could just chill,so he would leave me in peace a day or 2. I have to make a logistics plan. And clear a bunch of life up. May go buy milk tonight? depends.
    So I am me no matter what I guess. I was so hungry and stressed up I still said NO!! to all the expensive treats in the vending machines and shops. $2. for a special K bar-shove off!!