2016 To Do Challenge - Page 97
Page 97 of 351 FirstFirst ... 4787949596979899100107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Bernice, My Dr Cardio told me to not let mine get below 90, its really bad on your heart. So, I'm wondering if you get oxygen if you will feel alot better? Does that sound right to you? Mine would have a fit if I told him I got that low.
    Take it easy if you don't feel well, those new pills might be affecting you, Hugs.

Happy Happy Birthday Tomorrow Bernice, Incase I forget!!
    thank you! Yeah, that's very low, you only have to be at 88% to qualify for oxygen but this was also a home study, not a full blown sleep study at the lab. That should show more. My insurance pays for the full blown sleep study, I wish we had just gone ahead with that. I don't want oxygen, but of course if I need it, I will be compliant. Just cranky, lol!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

to do
    ended up not going to the hosp.
    so
    I groc. shopped very basically
    cleaned my room for an hour and pulled out 2 bags of trash-now,a big bag of jeans to donate and a few other pieces. Put some material and a few other things away in a closet I never go in.
    Very dusty.
    Tomorrow I drop DD and go see Dh then come back and pick her up. So I doubt too much will get done.

Waiting on Dh's report on his infection. They are talking about putting in a pit line and him getting a shot of antibiotics every day for 6 weeks. Sounds like i'm up again. This whole things keeps getting bigger.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    to do
    ended up not going to the hosp.
    so
    I groc. shopped very basically
    cleaned my room for an hour and pulled out 2 bags of trash-now,a big bag of jeans to donate and a few other pieces. Put some material and a few other things away in a closet I never go in.
    Very dusty.
    Tomorrow I drop DD and go see Dh then come back and pick her up. So I doubt too much will get done.

Waiting on Dh's report on his infection. They are talking about putting in a pit line and him getting a shot of antibiotics every day for 6 weeks. Sounds like i'm up again. This whole things keeps getting bigger.
    oh no, but don't panic, PICC lines and IV antibiotics aren't hard and best that they slam that infection considering he is a diabetic. I would be happy to talk you through any of it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning all. My coughing seems to have ramped up. I'm looking at you FW, did you give me your bronchitis?? LOL. I took some Tylenol Cold last night and it did at least alleviate the coughing in the night so I got some rest. I'll see how today pans out. I wonder if I just never quite shook all of the cold I had a couple of weeks ago and now it's resurfacing. Who knows.

I have TOPS this morning and then I'm not sure what's up. We talked about attempting the little trip out to the two state parks about an hour from us and collecting the two stamps for our passports and having our date lunch out. But I'm thinking we'll see how I feel after TOPS. We will either do that little day trip or else I'll stick close to home, sleep, push fluids and cough. If I do have any ambition I need to sweep the hall and my bathroom. Everything else is in pretty good shape.

The baked beans n the Instant Pot were a hit. DH loved them. I'm so excited I finally have made edible baked beans!! LOL! I will definitely do them again.

WJ scatter cleaning...I like that. And that's somewhat what I do too. I get easily distracted when I see stuff that needs to be in another room. What has helped me some is I grab a tote bag and gather up what needs to be in other rooms from whatever room I'm working on. Then I set the bag aside and do the dusting, sweeping and whatever needs to be done. Then I pick one of the rooms that has stuff to go back to from the tote bag and I move into there, put the items there from the tote and do the cleaning I need to do in there and so on till the tote bag is empty and the rooms are clean. Sometimes I still wind up wandering into another room and getting immersed in something there but for the most part the tote bag has helped keep me on track. It has also made it clear to me that DH is the one that leaves things lying all around the house!! LOL!! It's always his stuff I find scattered around that I need to put back in various rooms.

GB yay for the pajama party in the neighborhood. That sounds awesome! You summer trip sounds like a lot of fun. Rhode Island is a nice state. I may not be the one to tell you how to put pics on here because mine almost always come out sideways and I can't figure out how to change it. They are correctly positioned in my computer but when they hit the board they flip. Anyway, when you're typing a post look up at the line at the top of the box you're in. The third icon from the right is the picture one. When you place your mouse over it it says "insert image". Click that and then when that opens click "select files". From there you find your picture file, select pic and go from there.

Bernice, definitely don't push it. Yeah, the in office sleep study is the best.I suspected DH had sleep apnea and his doctor recommended the in lab test. He said the home ones are OK but the not as good as the lab ones. Either way he was diagnosed with sleep apnea and has been on CPAP for the last year. I'm sorry you passed out in the line but like you said the blessing is now they can see just how it goes for you and get the meds adjusted to help better.

FW glad DH is feeling pretty good but bummer that he's being a pest. LOL!! Did they get the hard cast on and does he come home today? I hope you got some good sleep last night. Nice job cleaning out the closet and getting some stuff to donate. I've donated a ton with the move and it is so nice to get rid of stuff. Good luck today with DH and hope they can get that infection settled.

Pinetree I am proud of you for all that glass cleaning! Sounds like you did an amazing job. But oh man how hard was that to do?? I hate cleaning glass / mirrors. Always seems to be a streak somewhere and that makes me nuts. I think your method of sitting was the smart one. So much easier on you. I'm not sure what the difference is between an electric pressure cooker and a hot pot. I had what we called a hot pot in college. We'd plug it in and heat stuff up with it like water, canned ravioli or something like that. Is that what you mean? My hot pot from college didn't do anything but heat up which was all I needed it to do. My Instant Pot is a pressure cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, slow cooker and it sautes / braises etc and you can just heat stuff up in it. So I'm not sure!! If your hot pot does that then yes, they are the same. The beans were awesome. I can post the recipe or PM it to you if you want it. I have a recipe somewhere using canned beans. Mine used the Van De Kamps beans (or Campbells) and you added molasses, ketchup and mustard then baked them. I haven't made them in ages and I should. DH did like those but he really loves the ones from scratch so that's why I tried these. And he liked them! YAY! I'm a pretty good cook and it's bugged me that I can't nail baked beans. Everyone says "they are so easy and never fail" and yet I've had three pretty impressive failures. Ah well, I have it down now.

Hi SD, ILC, Rabbit, Niko, Ayanka, EB and anyone I missed!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, I know you said your DH gets the hard cast today but does he come home today or next Wednesday? Hope they can get his infection under control.

wj, you have a beautiful kitchen. I know I was supposed to be looking at the floor but is that a cat a see?
    So that is what I do, scatter cleaning, now I know it has a name!!

Bernice, could you teach your dog "leave it" so eating paper and tp wouldn't be an issue? When we first adopted Bomba from the shelter, he would eat all paper too. When he tore up an envelope with DH's cashed check inside, we taught him to stop that. Luckily the bank gave us new bills.

hikr, glad your baked beans came out good. I just nailed sweet potato fries. I never liked how they came out and tried quite a few different ways and then heard to use parchment paper, that was the trick.

Gbug, love the idea of the pj party. How fun.

Hi to everyone else!

My morning has started off good. I got 2 loads of wash done, folded and put away. Made brownies, a salad and put the corned beef and cabbage in the crockpot. Making it today since it's my day off. Cleaned the sink, wiped down the kitchen and cleaned the veggie drawer in fridge. Cleaned the master bath too.

Got a call from the vet yesterday, I had blood work done for Bomba's dental next week. It came back that his kidneys are only functioning at 25%. I of course am devastated. I now have two dogs who I will most likely lose this year. My vet thinks he has about 6 months. I heard so much bad news yesterday from other people that it really puts mine into perspective but still, it stinks.

I have a doctor appointment this morning and will stop at Meijer while I'm out since I forgot to pick up a bag of frozen mixed veggies that I need for a dish this week. I still need to vacuum and dust my bedroom.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hikr, please don't let that coughing go on too long without having it checked out before it turns into something worse. Been there, done that, and I learned my lesson.

Gbug, we hit 86 yesterday and it was awful. Dreading this summer so much!
    If you're traveling to TN and the Carolinas this summer then you need to come to GA so we can visit!

Bernice, have a great birthday! And don't push yourself if you're not feeling up to it.

earlybird, hi, good to see that you posted.

SD, is your garage a regular garage for a couple of cars or is it the hugmongous kind like a barn? I'm imagining it to be really big since you mentioned rafters.

wjcalderon, your kitchen and that floor are gorgeous! I'd love to have something similar in my kitchen/breakfast room. We have ceramic tile that looks like brick and it's pretty but it wasn't laid well so it's very uneven and next to impossible to keep looking decent for longer than a few minutes, plus it's cold and hurts to stand on for any length of time. I have to use a chef's mat in front of the sink or else my legs will ache horribly.
    Scatter cleaning---that's me! I probably would be diagnosed ADD because of distractibility issues. The only thing I can do for a decent period of time without becoming distracted is read and that's because I love it so much.

TDN, I haven't read the tidying up book but from what I've read about it, it's just not for me. Thanking my socks? Mmmm, don't think so.

RABBIT, how's your back? Yea for Gobie! Thanks for letting us know about him.

fw, sounds like your DH is at the obnoxious stage of feeling better---bored! Picc lines are doable. My dad had one at one time and my mom cleaned it and took care of giving him the meds each day. It was scary at first, they said, but it wasn't hard to do. If they could handle it, anybody could.
    Hope you are able to rest somewhat.

pinetree, instead of using your big Kirby, can you try a lighter vacuum? I have a $20 Bissell 3-in-1 vac from Walmart that I use downstairs on the hardwood and tile floors; it's lightweight, has a washable filter, and does a pretty good job. The one I had used for about 5 years finally died but I had definitely gotten my money's worth from it. The cord is really long so I can do a 12 x 12 room without having to unplug and move it. It picks up dust, dirt, cat litter, etc. Not great on rugs and definitely not for carpet but fine for hard surfaces.

Not good news from my periodontist yesterday, but she's started me on an antibiotic that may help.

The roofers are here and we're hoping the job will be finished today. There are some rotten spots which they'll fix before putting the roof on. Right now all sorts of stuff is flying off the top of the house so I've got the cats inside. There are bright blue tarps spread on the ground all around the house to make cleanup easier, plus there's a big dumpster in the driveway.
    We picked a grayish-black color, not the darkest but pretty dark since everybody here gets those dark mildewy streaks on their roofs and all the people who gave us bids told us that darker was better for that.

For Wednesday:

1) Work on Bible study homework
    2) Mop
    3) Declutter shelves in my closet
    4) Go through grocery ads and coordinate coupons
    5) Bake something---the chocolate pie from Pi Day is gone, as is the cake I made Friday
    6) Admire the new roof

Listening to Barber's "Adagio for Strings." So gorgeous.
    Life is good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh RABBIT, I'm so sorry about Bomba. We'll all keep good thoughts and send prayers up for both he and Gobie. And for you.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh RABBIT! My heart is breaking for you and your pups! I am so sorry! I will keep you all in my prayers!

FW.......hope things continue to go well

I have a few haircuts to do this am. Need to catch the laundry up. My load or 2 a day has gone by the wayside with my pulled muscle. How can 2 people have so much laundry so fast! I started keeping track this month on top the laundry soap lid making a slash for every load put in and I am over 25 loads already! I never would have thought that! Many are small odd loads like a shower curtain, pet bed, bathroom rugs so I guess it adds up.

Got paint yesterday to redo the trim in the craft room and treated myself to a new, high quality brush! I must be old as that makes me so happy.....or maybe I am just that boring?

Have a great day everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rabbit, I'm so very sorry to hear about Bomba. This is the hard part about loving pets. I know you will do your best to take care of those sweet babies and make their final days the best they can be. But it still sucks.

ILC, our garage is an oversized double, so there's room for two cars and then space for cabinets and tools around the sides and at the back. The side walls are the standard nine feet high.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RABBIT, Sending up prayers, I am SO sorry! Man this really sucks
    Good Luck with your Drs. Appt.
    Did you like sweet potatoes before trying the fries? I have tried them and cuold only eat one or two.
    I wish there was something I could do to make things better for you.

Hikr, I meant your instant pot, My pressure cooker can steam etc, to, so was just wondering the difference.

I would Love the bean recipe, send however is easier for you! I can't wait to try it! A dear special friend just sent me a cloeslaw recipe, now I can fix both of them!! Thanks so much!

DIL checked, theres no streaks for missed spots, I really hate dirty glass, so made sure they were all clean, she put me on that job cause she knew it would drive me crazy!! LOL Thanks for the pat on the back, I needed it!

Gbug, that's too hot! Bet your garden loves it tho! Its 49* here, and 4 inches of snow by Friday.

WJ, Yep, thats how I clean too! Now I have to go look for that cat!

TDN, I don't think I could talk to my socks! Wish we lived closer , maybe you could do something with my hair!.
    I agree, theres nothing better than a good brush, remember to take care of it , it will last forever!

FW, My Dad had one too, they are easy, but scarey at first. Hope everythings going better for you. Sending up healing prayers.

ILC, WOW Thats a fast roof! Mine took 3 days. Good Luck with your dentist, hope it heals quickly!

I have tried smaller vacs, I think My back just can't take it anymore, I even had to give up my broom. lol, haha, I use to ride it on weekends, lol, haha. The kirby pulls around easily, I cant use it with the big head on, Dh is in charge of the major vacuuming now, I have newer one that has a transmission in it, so he has it pretty easy.

SD. Thinking about you.

Niko, you too.

Hi to ones I missed

I think I have a GI bug. having a hard time eating, things just dont settle right. so kinda taking it easy again today, feel like I am running a fever, but I'm not...

I just found out that they make or you can make saurkraut with no salt! Boy i am all over this one!!

Today
    make grocery list
    couple loads of laundry, hung outside
    soak corned beef, see if I can get rid of the salt.

Have a good day!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bernice-I'm diabetic not him. Thanks on the PICC line not pick line.lol
    Apparently, its 3x per day! Not scary as much as overwhelming.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rabbit, yes that is a cat you see. Her name is Lizzie. I rescued her from the grocery store parking lot.
    Pinetree, the reason you didn't notice the cat is because she is tortoiseshell in color - she blends right into the floor color! That's her just below the window.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WJ, I can't believe I didn't see her! What a cutie, Thanks for saving her!

Boy you were right, everything blends into that floor! lol
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

wj, funny, I saw the cat first thing!

ilc, I will have to remember that about getting darker shingles when we have to do a roof. He have those stains on our roof but I'm not ready to do it yet. Our roof is only 13-14 years old.

pinetree, I just started liking sweet potatoes about 2 years ago, although I still don't like the mashed ones people make on Thanksgiving. Funny that you mentioned that about hair brushes, I think mine is about 20 years old! I can't find one like it anymore, I've tried, so I just keep it. It still is in good shape though.

TDN, I do a lot of laundry too and there is only 2 of us too. Although the pets do add a lot of laundry. Hope your pulled muscle starts feeling better soon.

fw, did you end up visiting your DH today? It was kind of nasty here today, very windy and stormy. Was thinking of you driving to the hospital. Isn't it a ways for you to go?

Thank you everyone for your kind words about Bomba. I know SD you have just had to go through this and yes it sucks. I just have to remember that I gave him a life. His first owner neglected him to the point that I consider it abuse and then we adopted him from the shelter so he wouldn't be put to sleep. He was scheduled to be PTS the next day. For now he is the same old Bomba, ruler of the pack.

I got everything that I wanted to do today done. DH loved the corned beef and cabbage, not my favorite dinner but I make it for him around every St. Patty's day. Lit a candle to get the stink out of my house. LOL
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, Rabbit. It's been nine days now. I'm getting better, mostly because I try so hard not to think too much about it. In some ways it's a relief and I feel guilty for saying that. I'm taking time every day to make it up to Sota who has been neglected while my time was taken up elsewhere. Having my big boy is like putting salve on a burn.

Still working on cleaning out the fridge here. Fresh produce is the first food to get ignored when I'm stressed, but I think I'll be able to use up everything before it goes bad.

We've had at least five brief power outages today so far. I hustled to find someone to get the furnace running again before the storm. It would be ironic if we ended up with no power and therefore no furnace after all.

I've been working on travel food ideas today. I don't know why this is so hard for me. I guess because I'm trying to eliminate as much junk food as possible. It's called convenience food for a reason and that's why it works so well to take it camping. I might have to start cooking more while we're gone and having the toaster oven should help with that. I don't mind cooking so much, and Husby doesn't mind doing dishes while we're camping, so I'm trying to find fast and easy healthy recipes that don't dirty many dishes. I'm sure I'll eventually figure it out.

We never thought we'd see the day, but greedy Sota, the boy who eats anything, has informed us he really doesn't like dog biscuits and he's not that happy about graham crackers either, and by the way, Mama, if it's all the same to you, I'd rather have yummy HM dog food and skip the kibble that's been mixed in with it. So I guess our costs for dog food won't be going down after all. I'm okay with that. He's worth it and who can blame him for not wanting to eat something that smells so disgusting.