2016 To Do Challenge - Page 99
Page 99 of 351 FirstFirst ... 498996979899100101102109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bernice????????

He got his PICC line in the arm and his new cast which is happliy easier to move than the bulky bandaid. Now he says they never mentioned him going today,today. That was the Dr. yesterday. The infection is staff as I pretty much knew it would be.
    Rabbit-the surgeon said it actually could have been introduced 11yrs. ago. The antibiotic cant get the infection off metal and that even a fleck would do it. WM B is our always go to.
    They moved and he's upset but its not about that today was just overwhemling
    Gotta get DD.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm BAAAAACK! Had fun the past two days. Picked up DMom for a few days. Bad storms early this morning in the area, but only rain here. Now I'm doing laundry. Back to the norm tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy St Pattys Day

It has taken me a couple days to recover from working the election. It is such a long day, i enjoy it though. I drink too much coffee all day so that doesnt help. I have a lot to read and catch up with.

fw - it does sound like an involved recovery process but once you get a routine going it will all work. i didnt know they put a picc line in arms. I thought it was chest.
    Good luck getting your patient home and settled. Take care of yourself too.

ilc - happy new roof and the daffys look so pretty. i havent seen any here yet but they are almost ready to bloom. Every year i get 2 tulip leaves. a tall one and a small one.....no tulip mind you.....just the leaves. This is probably the 4th year. The daylilies are starting to come up.

Hope everyone who is not feeling well can get some rest and feel better tomorrow. That goes for the pets too.

Tomorrows to-dos will be some grocery shopping for sale items and some stamps.
    I guess i better dust too.

have a good weekend everyone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

EarlyB-no it can go in the arm. I did go back and look it up because DH is kinda high all the time right now and details get confused as he drifts.

Got 1/2 the front room floor cleared for a walker. I have more to do but its a start and I wont fry my lungs. I cant believe the amt of sand the dogs bring in.

So wonderful news. The rescue took in a dog that was badly burned-almost no fur (dont ask any more I saw pictures). So they fund raised and fostered and now the fur is mostly back and its adopted.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Don't forget to download your free Welch's Essence sparkling water on your Kroger card today. Not doing too much today. Going to do something with a pork loin and making poppy seed bread today. We are suppose to have more rain today. Probably will work on my needlepoint. Have a good day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi and welcome back, Gbug. Glad you had fun! I saw on the news about all the storms where you are so I'm glad they weren't terrible.

earlybird, will you be working at the polls on election day in November? And is there early voting where you are? We have it here and I've used it before. Our next election is for local stuff in May.

fw, good luck with DH, you'll do fine! How are you feeling? Sleeping?

pinetree, how is the snow/daffodil situation?

Everyone else, hi, hope you're doing well.

Didn't get much done yesterday so today I'll play catch-up.

For Friday:

1) Vacuum
    2) Work on finances with DH
    3) Clean out a couple of kitchen cabinets
    4) Work in pantry
    5) Finish in my closet

Have a good one, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I rearranged a couple things in the LR and set up the treadmill we bought last summer. Better late than never. I'm getting the hang of it now after ten minutes and a quarter mile. Not much, but it's a start. Tendonitis be damned, I have to get moving again and get back into an exercise routine.

I see eBay has that treadmill for $357. We paid $10 at the fire hall sale last August, so I'd say we did okay. We didn't want to spend much because we've had treadmills in the past we didn't like so didn't want to invest much. I think this one will work out great.

I moved the dog treats which are mostly human foods up on top the big freezer in the family room. They used to be on the kitchen counter right where they were the first thing I saw every time I walked into the kitchen, so of course I was always grabbing a snack for Sota and myself, too. Who doesn't like a marshmallow, especially melted on top of a graham cracker in the microwave that's right next to the dog treat jars? First rule of weight loss, get the bad stuff out of sight, and the four-jar assortment of cookies, marshmallows, and other tasty dog treats was a huge temptation that needed to be removed. I expect to do better now. If putting that up on the freezer doesn't do the trick, I'll move it all into Husby's office. I moved the wolf-shaped cookie jar that howls when the lid is opened over where the dog treats used to be. That also has dog treats, but fake doggie bacon doesn't temp me at all, or the dog vitamins in the fancy mason jar I put next to the wolf jar. Not sure what will go into the wolf jar when the fake bacon is gone. We quit buying it years ago but it was an impulse a few months ago because Sugar always liked it and we knew her time was almost up. Surprise, she didn't like it much anymore. Not wanting crappy food is a side effect of dogs getting switched over to always having good food, apparently!

Sota is channeling Sparky, the dog we lost four years ago. She liked to bury her food by pushing it with her nose, usually into the crack between the seats in the vehicles. Husby was watching Sota do the same thing with his unwanted Milkbone the other day, burying it in the snow outside. Another casualty of him being fed good HM food. We still can't believe how fast he has quit eating everything in sight. We can only assume he had his food stolen by the dog he lived with before he came here, and thought Sugar would do the same. Since she's gone now, he figured out no one is going to take his food and he's not very interested in most any kind of pet food anymore. He likes Munchy Bones (especially the mint ones) and fake bacon but anything like biscuits he doesn't have much interest in, although he'll eventually choke it down. He gets that hurt look on his face if I put kibble in his bowl first, and just sits there looking at me until his HM food is in the dish too. Then he eats the HM food first. Funny boy. So the money we won't be spending on Iams can now go to paying for HM food. But I'll force him to eat the kibble till it's gone.

Still working on trip planning. I think I have the itinerary nailed down, so I've moved on to food planning. I've been trying for years to come up with better food alternatives to eat healthier on the road. Every year we do a little bit better, so maybe this will be the year I actually learn to do it right. I'm going to ban food from the cab of the truck, too. If I can't reach it, I can't eat it. You'd think I'd have figured that out years ago. LOL! We never used to eat while we drove, so there's no reason to do it now, either. I'll probably just have a tiny cooler with a couple cans of pop, plus our Bubba Kegs, so we stay properly hydrated which makes such a difference when we travel. We're ready to go! Why aren't we leaving? Husby has jury duty all of April so we won't be wandering too far till at least May.

We got about ten inches of snow but the sun is out and it's melting like crazy, so hopefully it'll be gone very soon.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-and that is why Yogi got pumpkin spice marshmallows-yuck and of course store bought gross dog cookies. I do need to move the mini stick pretzels away from this desk anyway. Carbs and salt whata not to love.

In a very crabby mood. Dh wasnt coming home,then he was,now he isnt. And why-not because of the surgeon,immunologist and Dr. NO because of physical therapy. To me thats like janitor calling the shots. Seeing they are just going to take the ankle and fuse it in 6 weeks. AND to be honest I dont want to try and drive,check him out,and get prescriptions on a Sat. while he's just coming home!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, Boy, things just make it easy for you huh? I don't know why they can't get their crap together! Hopefully you won't have too much trouble, lol I had to wait over an hour just to get my pills!
    Take it easy today, maybe you can get some rest and feel better, hugs
    Such good news about the dog!

Gbug, SO glad you had a good time! You can send me some of your warm weather!

EB, try putting bulb fertilizer on your tulip, now, of while they are blooming, I also do mine when the start to die off.
    I do all my voting from home now, they just send me everything.

SD, walk some for me. any amount is better than nothing!
    I use to give my dog a marshmallow, but it would just stick in his fur around his mouth.
    Where are you going on your trip? WY. sounds so good, wish I could meet you up there! I havent been for years! You are going to have so much fun!

ILC, well we got 7+ inches,, the flowers look like they got broke when they laid over, it will be tomorrow or later before I can see the damage. Sad part is we have more snow coming next Thursday! Spring, ha, it was just teasing us!
    Watching DH out with the snowblower, he also had to dig TJ out of the lean 2, the snow came half way up the poor guy. Its really heavy, and the suns shining so the snow is sinking down fast, good water for the trees, but we wish we would have remembered to put fertilizer down before it started.

2016 To Do Challenge-0318161024.jpg

Hi to those i forgot, my brain just can't remember anymore! Must be stress..

I made my ricotta cheese yesterday, it was fun, looks and tastes really good, so thats going to be one thing I keep doing, Making baked ziti today, so will see how it tastes in that.
    Also made a whoopie pie cake, wow, I dont know how many calories etc, is in it, but know it can't be good, BUT it doesnt have salt!! lol boy is it good and sure solves the chocolate craving!! There goes the 4 lbs I lost again!

Today
    make ziti
    fold clothes in dryer
    run empty dishwasher,

OH RABBIT, I forgot YOU!! Hope all is ok with you! How did the DR. appt go?

have a great day!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, I try to limit the amount of crap food brought into the house to begin with. If it's not here, we can't eat it. I've been slipping lately so have to get back on track and reassert the Rule Of One. If it's a snack food, we try to keep it to one package no matter how good the price is, because after all, SOMETHING is always on sale. I don't like having the freezers full of that stuff so there's no room for HM convenience foods and meats and stuff that matters, and it's stupid to pay to keep stuff like that frozen for years. We don't go through it that fast. Husby has even adjusted to the ROO, which is amazing since he doesn't have a weight problem and loves sweets, so getting him on board was huge for both of us. And this year, I'm determined to quit using the excuse of needing cheap travel snacks to justify buying bad food. Let's hope I can stick with it. And stick with portion control, too. I want to get back to making HM dog treats, too. Sota doesn't need all the additives in junk food either, and he's like me, he can look at a cookie and gain three pounds. We both have to watch it.

Hope your husband is home soon and things settle down for you both.

Pinetree, hope your flowers come back.

We're thinking about the Black Hills again. A lot depends on our house sitter. Her brother is dying and she may not be able to stay at our house. We're debating if we should even ask her. Don't quite know what to do about that one. She will be hurt if we don't, but we don't want her to feel obligated. We'll see what her situation is as the trip date gets closer. But if we do go, we're going to hit some new Minnesota parks for the passport stamps and pins, then take the southern route across South Dakota to Badlands NP, make the usual stop in Wall to spend more money than neccesary, and then go on to Custer SP. That makes a good base camp because it's close to so many things. We may or may not hit the caves out there, but mostly we want to go to Custer to see the baby bison, deer, pronghorns, and donkeys and of course feed the donkeys, too. They're so sweet! And we'll have to check out the prairie dogs and introduce Sota to them from a safe distance of course, and remember and smile about the first time Sugar saw prairie dogs and was completely fascinated. I'm thinking about taking the Jeep tour if they're running that early in the season. Then we'll head up to Spearfish, possibly via Needles Highway although we don't see the thrill, see the trout hatchery, explore the town some more, go to Belle Fourche to see if the zebras are still there on the way, go on to Sturgis to see the aftermath of the Full Throttle fire, maybe eat at one of the other famous restaurants if they're open, check out Deadwood and Mt. Moriah cemetary where the famous gunfighters are buried, and maybe check out the saloon where Wild Bill Hickok was allegedly gunned down. We're always annoyed with Deadwood since they charge for parking at the tourist info place. What? Somewhere in there we'd like to go to the thrift stores in Rapid City, mostly just to visit Rapid again and explore that town some more, too. If we ever do move to Spearfish, we'll no doubt spend a lot of time in Rapid, too. Then it'll be off to Devil's Tower, so we'll make it to Wyoming after all. And then we might take some of the loop tours in Roosevelt NP since we haven't been there for a while. Husby likes to stay at the cg in Medora because it has power and wi-fi and other things we don't need, so it's my turn to win that battle. LOL. Then it'll be a dash across ND to Itasca SP in Minnesota where we can walk across the Mississippi River, then home. Should be a nice trip if we get to go.

I know better, but I always have the idea Wyoming and South Dakota are right next to each other with the lower corners matching, more of less. But SD's southern border is so much farther north than WY's southern border, so that means it's a long drive to get to southeastern WY from southwestern SD. So we won't make it to Laramie and Cheyenne on that trip. There just isn't enough time. Dang, because we can always use more Pokes stuff.

I've found some more likely-looking recipes in my WW cookbooks. I'm going to have to work hard to get some of these recipes tried out before we leave. I hate trying new recipes on a trip.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, you missed crazy horse, or do you skip it? Last time we went they were blasting out the mane, on the horses back, amazing. BF went up a couple yrs ago and said they wouldn't pay the price to get in, I can't remember but it was like $20 a person. She said they could see it from the road, so they left.
    Your trip sounds like one we would make, theres so much to see in rapid city, we stayed at the flintstone camp ground it was fun for the kid.
    Yep, heading to Mt Rushmore, take grahm crackers for the donkeys!! That was my Dads rule! We use to have so much fun feeding them and well the bears at yellowstone too! The days are gone for that! Aww, the memories! My Aunt went with us one time and she was afraid of them and rolled the window up on ones head, We fed them from the car, he got extra crackers!lol
    Hope you find a house sitter, we found ours thru our vet. but I understand, theres only some people you can trust. Hope you get to go, but even the other trip thru the parks sounds really fun too!

If you go to Devil's tower you will have to take pictures, I have never been there, guess cause it was on the other side of the state and out of the way, I will make it some day!
    In school in Wy. I learned that Colorado thinks they have Wild Bill buried in Colo Springs, but thats not true, Wyo, is suppose to have him, I guess Wy. stole them back after Co took him? Then we move here and are told that CO has him, Its just too funny!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

South Dakota claims Wild Bill is in Mt. Moriah cemetery. I guess it's a three-way brawl to claim him! He died in Deadwood though, so it would make sense if he's buried there.

We've been to Devil's Tower. It's really amazing.

Me? Skip Crazy Horse? Perish the thought! It was amazing and very moving and very interesting. I bought the tee shirt, too. I liked it way better than Mt. Rushmore. Costs there are on par with comparable attractions, even though they take no government funding. Everything at the monument is paid for by the proceeds at the attraction and private donations. Pretty impressive, IMO. It's not $20/person.
    https://crazyhorsememorial.org/prici...admission.html
    In one room they have flags of all the First Nations hung from the ceiling. It was quite the sight to realize all the hundreds of tribes and bands represented. The museum was really interesting, too. And the beadwork in the museum! Wow. I'll be back again there but probably not this trip. Seeing the monument from the road is nice but it's only a fraction of what there is to see there.

We gave the donkeys carrots and I'll be bringing a couple pounds for them, for sure. One of them stuck its long face right into the truck! They're pretty bold. Luckily Sugar was never aggressive with wildlife because she was maybe a foot from the donkey's head with me right next to both of them. Coulda been bad! The donkey just took me by surprise. I don't normally ride in the back seat of the truck but we had a friend with us that time. We're very curious how Sota will react to wildlife. I hope he's as calm as Sugar and Sparky always were.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, LOL, didn't know he was buried in 3 different places!

When we were at Crazy Horse, we got to bring home a free rock, of course, I grabbed a 40 lb one, DH wasn't too happy, but it fit in the trunk, and I collect rocks. It sits in my rose garden ina special place!, I have a rock from everywhere I have been. I even brought them all from my Dad's house, and have moved them everytime we move, love them, the kids even bring me rocks from places they have been, I have one from 4 corners that the reservation painted on, its beautiful!

Oh geeze, I want to go SO bad!! I'm getting the travel bug..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Okay, so now I'm ROFL! Have you ever seen the movie The Long, Long Trailer starring Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz? If not, you have to and then you'll see why your post is so hilarious!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No I nave never seen it, maybe will have to find a copy.

Thanks for the link, I would pay that price! I would visit everyday, I love it there, its peaceful. You going in June? I would love to go to a night blast! How cool. I guess it doesnt take much to amuse be, put me in rocks and I'm a happy camper!

I wonder if they will ever get it done, I know a few yrs. ago they were having trouble with money running out.