2016 Household Purge / Declutter Challenge - Page 14
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hmm...she emailed me and asked for an invoice or something to give the approximate cost of everything. I asked if she wanted it from me or from the companies I purchased them from. The company receipts are long gone. This stuff was purchased in the late 1990s. She said from me. So I wrote up a receipt as best as I could remember and emailed it to her. DH is going to help me go through Quicken tonight to find actual figures. But I suspect I'm on the low side with that figure.

Whatever we get we'll be happy with. It's better than a kick in the pants!

When I spoke to her on the phone this afternoon she sounded so happy to have it. I reiterated with her to make sure she washes it properly. She assured me she would.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Some of the things I posted on Facebook was picked up today. Have plans with people coming tomorrow and Tuesday to get the rest of it.

I didn't know where to put the vacuum cleaners at the recycling station, so I asked and was told it should go in three different containers. I would like them to have a guide to what goes where. They have a container named "small burnable" without explanations. Apparently that includes some plastic, but they also have containers for plastic. Confusing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Listing more stuff online, this time to give away...freebies!

I went downstairs today, expecting it to feel empty and cleaned out. But there's still stuff there and it's bugging me. I'll have to get up tomorrow morning and work on it with DH. I haven't been happy with the way the online selling is going. No bites on anything since Christmas. Well...nothing but the love seat hide-a-bed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't think I purged anything today. I've been focused on the DfG project. I moved my sewing machine out to the project table and hate it there, and it's not working right either. It stitches okay but it's knocking. I suspect the timing and I'm debating whether or not to fix it myself, since the nearest service is fifty miles and it would be two trips. OTOH, it hasn't been serviced since I bought it and could stand to be professionally cleaned and tuned up. I'd have to go by myself since Sugar can't be home alone anymore, but Husby could go pick it up. The forecast does not sound good for travel though.

I'm glad it's the weekend, finally.

None of which has a thing to do with purging, especially since I'm shopping Amazon to add to the stuff around here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That reminds me I need to get my serger and machine in for servicing soon. It's been years since they've been done too.

Already got a bit on the hardboard pieces I posted for free today. Hope they come pick up tonight. I really want them out of here!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I may not have been here to tell you what I was decluttering, but I HAVE been doing it. The latest was yesterday, when I set myself the target of decluttering ten pieces of, or books of, piano and vocal sheet music. It was SO hard! But I was then encouraged by my success to find and dispose of a further ten pieces.

I think I "cheated": I got rid of pages and pages of the photocopies that we use, instead of the heavy complete works, in concerts. But that was still a whole pile of paper recycled.

I kept "The Lennon and McCartney Song Book" and "The Simon and Garfunkel Song Book" - of course!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post
    Well the chemistry lab glassware is a definite problem. I may just have to pitch it all. Apparently it all needs to be washed with deionized water and various soaps depending what was in it last. I have no idea. It was 10 years or more ago when it was last used. And you can't dispose of the deionized water properly without knowing what was last in the glassware...hmm...

No one wants used chemistry lab equipment because of insurance liability...especially not the schools. They can't guarantee the glassware is completely clean.
    Peanut, I finally persuaded the "management" at the Outdoor Education Centre where I volunteer to unload the unused-for-decades Field Studies lab glassware onto a local school - by the simple expedient of packing it up myself, loading it into a Centre minibus and driving it to the school. They "sort of" had said "Yes" . . . Obviously, there was no-one there worried about deionized water - !

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Poor Husby took my sewing machine to Hibbing, a seventy mile drive each way. I talked to the tech on the phone this morning about my serger because there was some confusion on his part about the cutter I just replaced. The tech kept thinking I was talking about the upper cutter being damaged, not the lower one. He finally got it but said it's usually the upper one that gets wrecked and that the lower one usually lasts for the life of the machine, and that normally they don't come with a spare lower knife because they're so reliable, but sometimes come with the upper one. Well, someone at the factory in Sweden must have messed up all those years ago because I got a spare lower cutter and no upper one, so Husby bought one today in case I need it someday. I sent the serger along because I didn't want to have to remove the cutter and then get it adjusted again later, and there are two kinds. It just seemed easier to let the tech see for himself. I could tell he was still hung up on the upper/lower thing. The tech called me a while ago to say everything was adjusted right, so that's something and I'm glad I sent it along so he could stitch with it. I'm not going to have the serger serviced right now, since I'm working on the excessively linty DfG stuff. Maybe next time we go on vacation. Usually I can drop stuff off on the way through when we head out west and then pick it up on the way home two weeks later, so no extra driving.

I can't find the serger cutter I took out of it. The tech thinks it probably wasn't damaged, but instead might have been dislocated from trying to cut through thick fabric. So if I can find it and it's not damaged, then I'll have a spare without having to buy one.

I finally remembered my new stove has a convection oven, so once that's installed I will be able to use the bigger mesh-style racks on cookie sheets, or better yet use my big iron griddle to make things like French fries that need to be crispy. So I'm not ordering from Amazon and won't add to the clutter, at least not now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We helped decluttering at my mother-in-law and took some of her things to the recycling station today.

Her husband, who got two brain hemorrhages in the last two months, has been moved from the intensive care unit to rehabilitation at a different hospital. When they have room for him, he's going to one of the best rehabilitation centers in Denmark. My mother-in-law is so happy. Not only is it a very good center, it's also close to where she live. She visits him almost every day, and he could have ended up far from her home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope he makes great progress in the rehab center. I'm sorry your family is going through this, but at least he'll be close to family and it sounds like he'll be in a good program, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you. We hope so too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Posted some used untempered masonite boards online for free. So far one no show and one that hasn't replied to email or phone call...yet. Hoping he does show. Otherwise these will just be thrown in the garbage.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dang! I could use those! And I wouldn't be a no-show either. Hope you can get rid of them without too much trouble.

I didn't get into the sewing room yet. I've been dealing with food and Sugar most of the day. Stupid me didn't put on real shoes today so my legs are screaming from being on my feet all day. -whine- Let this be my worst problem. Poor Husby is out shoveling snow so I can't complain too much.

I'm using up the HM snack cake mix though. I made a double chocolate cake over the weekend and just made an oatmeal spice cake. Husby will like that when he comes back in. The mix has been around for way too long but seems to be okay, so if I get it used up real soon I shouldn't have to throw it. I think there's enough left for one more batch, so maybe I'll make that up and freeze the cake.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have house shoes I wear too SD.

I'm making pork chops, brown rice, and broccoli for supper. Need to talk to DH about further purging. Seems he can only focus on one thing at a time. Currently it's the telescope.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They're not house shoes, they're just slip-on Crocs. I wear them inside and out. They're very comfy till the backache and leg cramps kick in. But they're handy. Usually I'm not on my feet that much but I've been running all day today, it seems, or standing up doing stuff like cleaning a multitude of veggies for salads.

Supper sounds good at your house! I made salad and some barbecue for sandwiches, real quick and easy since the hamburger was already browned.

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast