2016 Household Purge / Declutter Challenge - Page 15
Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today, a white cardigan I've never liked and rarely worn (what ever made me think I had the lifestyle for a white cardigan?) and an unused huge earthenware mixing bowl,glazed white with a blue rim, from IKEA. Again - what was I thinking when I bought that?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The telescope is GONE!

Next up? Hmm...I think we'll be throwing out the painted boards. Then it's time to get DH serious about the receiver and turntable. He needs to assess it and see if he really wants to keep it or sell it or what.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My boyfriend has a broken computer keyboard, he doesn't want to get rid of. Because it was expensive. He already has a new one.

I think I'll just ask him again in a couple og months.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How "broke" is it? I know we keep around an old keyboard or two that have a key missing (or sticking key or whatever) in case one of our current ones gets water spilled on it or something. A keyboard with a missing key is better than no keyboard at all until you can get a new one. Maybe we are just weird though...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Some of the keys don't work. He might see it the same way. Thank you. I'll ask him.
    Last edited by Tine; 02-10-2016 at 02:30 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got rid of about 20 things in the bathroom and continued decluttering our shed today. Found more things that are going to the recycling station.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been sewing on UFOs today (UnFinished Objects) in the form of four shirts for Husby. I finished the cuffs on one and I'm about halfway through the one that was cut out but had no sewing done on it. I'd rather be working on it, but I put the dog on the bed to bandage her leg and she fell asleep. She needs a nap and I can't let her be in here alone, so I'm stuck till she wakes up. I only have the sleeves, cuffs, and pocket to do on the last shirt, plus buttons and buttonholes on that one and two others. IOW, they're practically done, so close I can almost count them gone from my sewing room already.

I also added a wide band to Sugar's harness so it's easier for us to haul her up off the floor when she can't get up, and should be more comfortable for her to be hauled up, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spent 15 c-c-c-cold minutes out in the garage today, wearing my down jacket, decluttering just one small corner. A lot of rubbish went straight into the waste bin: I don't think you can reasonably recycle odd bits of string, broken laces and the like. Found some old bird-feeder stuff that was going green, so that went into the composter. Broken plant pots: and we were keeping them - WHY?
    I don't feel as if I got much done, in those 15 minutes, but every little helps.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's an added incentive to make quick decisions about throwing things when you're freezing to death in the process.

I made two ponchos for the emergency pee systems for our cars, so I used up all of one old sheet for one and most of another one. Plus I got the two little duffel bags that hold the whole system out of my sewing room. Those are ready to go into the van and truck now, where I hope they'll never be used. But it's good peace of mind knowing that if we're ever stuck somewhere for hours without a bathroom handy, there'll be some way to take care of business in the vehicles.

I thought I had all Husby's shirts made up but then thought of one more. A search of my sewing closet turned up at least seventeen more pieces of fabric for shirts for him. So my focus will be on getting at least half of those done in the next few weeks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well back from Hawaii and we are so ready to move there.
    Time to get back on track and do some more decluttering!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope it works out for you. I think I'd have rock fever badly after the first year!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went through my closet again. I lowered a shelf that has been annoying me for years. Found a dress, a skirt and a pair of shoes that will be donated along with all the clothes I found a few weeks ago. Will go to the recycling station again next week.

The lid fell off my plastic sewing box some time ago and it was also too small, so I had stuff in more than one place. I have been looking for a new box, but haven't found one I liked cheap.

I have used my grandma's old wooden sewing box for jewelries for the last ten years. A few years ago I also got an old jewelry box from her, when I told her, I really liked it as a kid, but I hadn't really found a use for it. Mainly because it only has one room and was too small to hold all my jewelries. I tossed a lot of things, I haven't used for years, didn't like anymore and didn't have sentimental value, and moved the jewelry to the jewelry box and sewing stuff to the sewing box today. Problem solved

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love when stuff like that works out.

I'm happy with my little suitcase refurbish! I've seen those done as sewing boxes, too. Check Pinterest if you like that idea.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    I hope it works out for you. I think I'd have rock fever badly after the first year!
    We first plan on doing a 2 month trial and if we do decide to move we plan on only staying about 2 years. Hawaii does not have a good health care system, if you have to have anything major taken care of they send you to Honolulu.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I still hope it works out. It sounds like a fun adventure, at the least!

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast