Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Made no knead Cinnamon Amish Bread..
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Baked from-scratch snickerdoodles.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I made a three-seed bread today and it passed Husby's approval. I think all the bread will, for the most part, now that I've started steaming it all as soon at it's out of the pan. I used a recipe from my bread machine cookbook and it turned out very nice. I see there's an interesting-looking recipe for pumpernickel in that book so will have to give that a try when the bread supply has decreased a little.

Unfortunately my bread slicing guide broke. I don't know if I can fix it or not, but I'll try. I'm hoping some wood glue and a clamp will do the job.

I finished upholstering the glider rocker I salvaged from the construction debris pile at the dump. Here's what I started with, after replacing a missing dowel in the back.

I bought a piece of really good foam for the cushions at GW for $5 and the dowel which was $4. Most of the fabric came from two free sample books I picked up at a rummage sale, and the rest from a big bag of samples I got at GW for $2. The paint and primer were leftovers. I estimate the total cost at less than $11. The back looks misshapen but it's an optical illusion. Here's the 'new' chair right after its all-important inspection, which it passed. This rocker is going into my office when it quits snowing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Beautiful SD..
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It was kind of a fun project.

I've looked for a good pumpernickel recipe for so long, I couldn't resist trying the one I found. It's still in the bread machine and I can't wait! It looks like it should and the dough tastes great, so I'm hopeful. What's nice is it only calls for ingredients I always have on hand, too, instead of weird stuff. I love it anytime I find a good recipe so I can quit the search, so I'm really hoping this is 'the one.'

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Made that peanut butter cereal recipe. It was delicious! I made only half the recipe and gave 1/3 of the dough to the kids to roll into balls.I wasn't about to spend an hour rolling little bitty balls with my 2/3 so I just pressed down the dough and cut it into rectangles like regular Cap'n crunch. But the ball shapes really tasted better. Weird. I'll definitely try it again but use my electric cookie press with the star tip. They will be ball-like anyway and faster than rolling tiny pieces.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Made 2-homemade loaves of Amish Bread..

Homemade Pea Soup w/ ham from our leftover ham butt.. I love it!

Today I have been making homemade pizza/calzone/hot pocket dough for the freezer so far I've made 5-dough balls..YAY...I'm very happy that I finally have the energy to get this accomplished.
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Brenda wat kind of recipe do you use, one that takes a lot of waiting time? If it doesn't take too much raise time I d love to have it. Never knew you could freeze pizza dough btw, great to know that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ayanka...I just put the ingredients in my bread machine and put it on the dough setting after the cycle is finished BEFORE the rise shaped it in to a ball wrapped it in plastic wrap and put in a freezer bag popped into the freezer...When I use it I take it out put it into a greased bowl, cover it until it doubles in size and it's ready...HTH..

Here is the recipe I used honey...Pizza Dough III Recipe - Allrecipes.com
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Made vegan condensed milk today. Tastes like the real thing! I'll be using it to make a batch of vanilla vegan ice cream with a combo of brown rice and cashew milks with my homemade vanilla extract.

Also made raw banana breakfast bars. Very tasty.

Made homemade flour tortillas for bean fajitas tonight.

Started sprouting some quinoa for rejuvalac. I need it for vegan cheese making.

Made a vegan boxed mac&cheese powder last week. It wasn't the greatest but I'm using it up for my lunches with rice or leftover pasta and veggies.

Almost everything I make these days is food. When it gets warmer I'll be able to work more in my basement sewing room and out in the garage. Some things that are tops on my list are some muslin produce bags and newspaper logs. But for now, more food.

Tomorrow I'm ricing 5lbs of fresh cauliflower in my Vitamix and freezing it in packs. Also attempting Panang curry for dinner.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Nuisance! How are you doing down there? LOL south that is, Good to see you!

Would you mind posting the recipe for the homemade tortillas? I'm looking fora good recipe, hopefully with no salt, or I can leave it out, I bought a press and want to try it out, the recipe I used was a thick mess. Thanks!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Hi Pinetree! Currently buried in 16 inches of snow but otherwise good. They closed all the main roads around here so DH and all our neighbors stayed home today.

I don't use a press for my tortillas, I roll them out and it's a lot quicker than it sounds. About 20 minutes to roll and cook 16 tortillas. But I'd love to know if this dough would work in a press. I used to have one and gave up on it after about a dozen attempts with corn tortillas.

2 cups flour(white is best)
    1/2 tsp each baking powder and salt
    1.5 TB oil
    1/2-3/4 cup very warm water

I mix in my KitchenAid with the regular paddle. Then cover and allow dough to rest an hour. Divide dough into 8 balls. Heat a dry skillet(cast iron or stainless, not non-stick) on medium heat. Roll each ball into a 8 inch circle. Cook in skillet about 30 seconds on each side.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Oh, the cauliflower rice went perfectly. 4lbs in heads turned into 3lb 12oz in rice for the freezer.

Panang curry was also an amazing surprise. I examined the proportions on three different recipes and then just added in things a little by little to taste until it was right. It's the Thai basil that really makes it. So close to take-away. I saved a little for breakfast. It's one of my favorite breakfasts!

My quinoa sprouted so I covered the sprouts with water for the last stage of making rejuvalac.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nuisance,
    Boy you got more than us we got about 12". we were suppose to get alot more, glad we didnt!
    Thank you SO much, will try it soon, hope it will be ok with No salt, we will find out! I didn't know about the pan either. Will let you know if the press works.

Now am going to try freezing cauilflower rice, picked up a mess of it last week, going to try it potato style too.

Thanks again for the help, good to see you! Hope you are around more!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nuisance, Thank You!! I tried the cauiflower rice, its is just wonderful!! It gives me something to eat since I shouldn't have rice, this is just amazing!!
    Where are you planning on going now? you just got here!! hugs...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast