2016 Homemade Anything Challenge. - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I don't see that mason jar deal in the ad for here, Pinetree. Was yours advertised? But I'm going to swing by the store when I go out tomorrow. That kind of deal is worth looking into!

I've been making homemade, pot-sized tea bags. I learned that like sugar, chocolate and coffee, tea is often picked and processed by children and/or slave labor so I upgraded to organic fair trade, as I have with other potentially slave produced items. I buy it loose in bulk and pack it myself in t-sac bags I bought on Amazon. Fast and easy. It's about 30% cheaper this way than pre-made organic tea bags and only about $.10 more per pot than the tea I was buying.

I'm also using the sacs to make coffee bags for camping. The size I have will work well for a 16oz travel cup, but when I tried to make enough for a quart jar, there wasn't enough flow through the bag to steep well. I may buy the larger sacs for my coffee bags.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Buy Online, free pick up at store, they weren't in my ad either.

Wish th ey would put the quarts on sale.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

niusance, did you get any snow? Maybe an inch here, but heard North of you alittle got slammed. We need the water, but would prefer alittle rain!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~We got about 3 inches accumulation Friday, then a layer of rain on Saturday turning it all to ice, then another 2 inches of snow on top of that, and woke up this morning to another 3 inches. More wind issues than anything else. 60mph storm gusts out here is normal. Still getting used to that. It's like a tropical storm 5x a year. :/ Looks like I'll have to add another brace to my deck panels. One of them got a little twisted in the wind. ~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Are these the jars P? Ball® 1 Pint (16 oz.) Regular Mouth Canning Jars... : Target They're showing up at $8+ for me. Rats. I could use a case of jars too. ~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry about your deck, yea, you have to watch the wind, and sometimes it comes out of no where

For crying out loud, I just looked up the jars, it must have been for yesterday only, I was going to order 6 cases today, aw what a drag, thats what I get for dragging my feet! Sorry...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Made curtains for the girls room out of a vintage floral sheets and a plain flat sheet from WM. With cafe curtain rods, the whole project was about $10.

I haven't been making much lately, although I sure want too. I've been so busy putting out fires(why so much breakage and fixing!?)in the house, yard, and wardrobes, that I just can't seem to find the time for extras. Now I understand why my mom always seemed so stressed out. I do make time for new recipes though. We've got to eat and at least I get a little creative outlet there these days.~

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789