2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 10
Page 10 of 86 FirstFirst ... 789101112132060 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

winkie-cut from the same gibb,we are. I held myself back because i have boxes and boxes of gloves I got for next to nothing at the GW north of here. I wanted to toss them before Dh saw TBH. I am afraid of funky colored hair.lol CONSTRUCTION I hate having anyone in the house for repairs. ID want to know whats in the cupboards.ESP. the dutch oven cupboard as it goes back forever.IN the dark.

CH-we had mega droning rain. Dh did a 1/2 Axx shovels so he may have trouble getting to the Auto show tomorrow,I have all wheel drive. Ads from all the stores here are online? Kroger sucked last week. Havent really gone over it yet today.

ILC-oh what a gut punch. So terribly sorry. Wtg on the milk.
    hope the roast is real good.
    pinetree-your like me. Just one groc. trip and I'm sick.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

All on yesterday list done today list
    go to walmart take back wrong size light bulbs
    empty dish washer
    load of laundry

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dh got the first tilling done yesterday. It is going to be in the 80s again today. Crazy Texas weather. Today:

Laundry
    Buy groceries
    Return book to Little Free Library
    Mail pkg.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good morning everyone. Some idiot called here at 7am. Ugh. I hoped it was the doctor's office, but no. I have to get a blood test before the surgery, and I called and left a message Monday but haven't had a call back. Getting worried. They don't answer the phone.

It is 45 and cloudy this morning, supposed to get up to 60. Then tomorrow morning through Monday we are in the zone for freezing rain and ice.

I see Save a Lot has eggs for .79 this week, yay! Will stop and get those on the way back from yoga class.

Will get to the post office today, too.

Have some sewing and crafts I want to work on while I can still use the machine.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope everyone is well. Not feeling terribly motivated. I did cook the last 2 evenings w/ leftovers. Not cooking tonight due to other activity.

Today: - 2 hour professional training 4-6pm (glued to the computer); start laundry; iron sheet for quilt back.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday since the crew was still here when I finished work, I watched flip or flop ( or one of those shows??) and walked on the tread mill. I lasted a half hour. Then when they left they unwrapped the kitchen, so I unloaded dishwasher, reloaded, & cooked supper of ham, Lima beans & sweet potatoes. I packed my lunch for today while I had the chance & scrubbed out the microwave since I blew up spaghetti on Monday @ lunch.
    In the next day or two I need to stain & seal the new baseboards. I am not sure what the temp is, but it needs to be above 40 to do that. The wood is about twice as long as I expected, will have to figure how to finagle that in the garage. OH yeah, they use our garage every day & have some stuff staged in there. It is a total invasion! Plus they have to have full access to the utility room for electric & water. I have no hiding places left.
    Lol FW- I think we are! I didn't find as many as you though!
    I agree that the grocery ads are nothing to get excited about. Of my 3 favorite stores, there is nothing that tempts me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today is Dh's birthday and he went to the Auto show like he was going to. I gave him his birthday money this morning so he could have some fun down there. Lunch should be available but parking costs. The tickets were comped by Michelin for a reveal?
    My head and emotions are still sideways from Ds's behavior. Its been getting more and more impulse driven as the deployment approached. The marriage<I hope is the peak. But I fear not. I have a phone number to call her but IDK what to say. I certainly dont feel like congrats. I tried to ask her about herself on FB but she just said they got married because he asked her and she has a dog and a housekeeping business,called me ma'am?? IDK how to do this. I just want to ignore it. But he' only communicating through her.

Mackey has a e vet appt. in a few then we'll drive through for burgers. Dogs are easy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

winkie-I feel your pain. I used milk crates from Big Lots. They are cheap and handy after. The MIL is like 20x25 or something. Dd helped and she was good at it. good luck.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Back from the vet. Mackeys tail is fine,his blood test done and he was excellent.Got his burgers.
    Need to hit the Kroger for a bitty bit of stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

morning, opps afternoon!! I slept the morning away, well almost, boy do I feel better, the other day the truck hit me, now I'm just dragging the truck around with me..hehe... hopefully it will go away soon.. boy CH you are right, this just holds on and on.. wears you out! watching it closely, will go in if it gets worse, right now its just annoying..

grocery sales here are not impressive either, except my 5# of organic carrots are $2.97, so must get them. its amazing how many carrots we eat. the kids always want steamed carrots for veg. at dinner meals.

Gbug, wow, tilling already, boy are you lucky!

I brought in a moon plant this fall, it had a tiny marigold in it, well today I got up to a beautiful bloom, I'll see if I can get a picture. It sure made me feel good seeing it after all the snow and cold. I never new they did so good inside.. My stevia plants are doing great too. ha, I almost have a garden inside, well flowers anyway.. Wonder if I can start seeds, or if its too early..

Mountains here are getting belted with snow.. I-70 keeps getting shut down, ski slopes are shut down, from too much snow! the wind is blowing the snow and its causing big avalanche problems. I think today everything is open again..
    One ski slope is giving away a free day (lift tickets) for every 8 inches of snow! So many are really coming out ahead on all the snow. Man I wish we were still skiing!

DH went to town, picking up a pork shoulder for $1.29, cheapest I have seen in a long time. going to make a huge batch of tamales for the freezer, ha, wonder how long that will last.. Hey reminds me of TDN... where are you??

The kids met and had dinner with our friends last night, lol, they are having a blast since they moved to vegas... she still hasn't retired, she will be 73, he is 74 and now is running around playing in his band!! lol, boy makes you think huh!! I have got to hear what they play! He is also in charge of the church choir.. now really makes you think huh?!!!
    Looks like the kids are going back this spring to go fishing with him.. DS and him use to fish all the time together.. I think it brings back good memories for both... he taught DS to walk and breathe in nature and calm things down, if he gets upset, or tired of all the noise. I will be forever grateful for that, and yes, he knows..

CH, I see ice storm warning for you but I thought it was Sunday.. anyway, be safe.

ILC, thinking about you and DH.. sending good thoughts your way..

winkie, good luck with your remodel. It will be so nice when you are done.

erma. WTG, where are you getting the energy? Please send some!!

dircpa, WTG on all the cooking! And the potatoes! I'm sure they will appreciate it.

FW, Happy Birthday to your DH!! oh boy cake!!

today
    find dinner, yep no meal plan
    brush out knots out of Mr. Wubbles leg lol, Trouble
    throw dishes in dishwasher

Have a good one!
    Last edited by pinetree; 01-11-2017 at 03:39 PM.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree is the moon plant the one that blooms at night and close up doing the day? If it is back in about 2002 i had moved next door here from living in town an eldery lady had one i was leaving for work early seen all the pretty blooms that afternoon no blooms i thought i was loosing my mind and seeing things got talking to her daughter she said it only bloom at night.I have no energy i just push my self and do what i have to do or what i can.If i had any engery and could i would send you some.Got today list done except emptying dw going to do that when i get up from beign on internet.Thursday list

1-Start reading some in bible every day some day may read more then others but will list what i read i thought this might get me back to reading more
    2-load towels
    3-Go from room to room pick up move stuff where it is suppose to be
    4-maby get sewing machine working right

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made $2.48 from selling cans. And forgot to add bathing the dogs this afternoon while it is warm.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ermadunk, yes it is, I started some last spring to get a head start on them. mine bloom in sept. I guess they are suppose to bloom in July? anyway, this little one is just plugging along, I will plant it outside the end on May. I just love the smell from these. I am going to plant more around windows and maybe the driveway for more smell.. haha. Reminds me of a gardenia smell, I can't grow them either..

My marigold is the one blooming, the moon plant is only about 10 inches high right now..
    but the geranium, shes blooming full blast and is probably about 15 ft tall, its the climber kind..
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree, make sure you get your electrolytes, calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, phosphate and chloride. You get unbalanced when you have a fever, and this causes fatigue and aches. Leafy greens, broccoli, cabbage, sweet potatoes, squash, bananas, avocado, and yogurt. I have also found coconut water is good, if you like the taste and can find it. If you have bath salts (Epsom salts) they are high in magnesium and are perfect for when you are sick.

My christmas cactus are in various stages of blooming. It is so nice to see those cheerful red and pink flowers. I also have a couple of geraniums blooming. I was surprised they do well indoors. I also have one of those shamrock plants I rescued after St Patrick's day, it just keeps putting out little white flowers.

Temps are supposed to drop into the 20's tonight, and we might get some rain overnight or early in the morning which could cause icy roads. They are predicting freezing drizzle again for most of Friday and possibly Saturday. Then a bigger storm Sunday.

DH is on his way home. I think this evening would be a good time to take the holiday lights down.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Poor Mackey. The 2 dogs went in and out fine but he was tired and lagged 5 min. The skies opened up and he is soggy. We are rain today and tomorrow then Fri. is colder so prob. snow.
    Dh really over did it at the auto show and is limping. Pinetree-we just chopped our way thru a choc ganache little cake and a lemon creme loaf so no cake tonight. I think I'll do brownies in a few days?? I told Dh he can go get what he wants to eat because I'll cook tomorrow but not tonight. We always spread his bday out.I guess he is getting Olive Garden all the way across town. We have Outback and Big Boy and several other right here.lol

Page 10 of 86 FirstFirst ... 789101112132060 ... LastLast