2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 11
Page 11 of 86 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I gave up on plants w/ cats. I had 100 cactus and they manged to get them all dumped or chewed or just wrecked in various ways. Then if that wasnt enough i brought in that spidery white rot by accident. I havent had anything for a few years and I havent minded.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH, Thanks, LOL, I never get low on my greens, I always got chewed out when I was on blood thinners to quit eating spinach, my levels were too high..spinach is my most favorite veggie, cooked ...raw, oh yum!!
    you are going to have to do this after your surgery too, so you can heal faster..
    I am so envious, I would love to have a blooming Christmas cactus, is your red and white? It sounds just beautiful! I had a shamrock plant yrs ago, it was a real bloomer too, I should look into another one, Thanks!

FW, how I have slopper running down my chin, drooling,, oh yum, oh geeze... off into space thinking about eating a bite of that!! lol
    Glad your DH had a good Birthday.

DS sent me a picture of a piece of carrot cake he had last night, ha, it looked like a 1/2 of cake.. man sometimes I really miss Vegas!

Aw geeze we have snow coming, tomorrow night, the high country is getting 2 inches an hour, theres so much that people cant get up to the resorts. The news is talking now about releasing water out of the lakes to handle the water runoff in the spring.. just as long as we don't flood again..

off to heat up soup.. night everyone...
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes, Pinetree, I have a list of foods to eat after surgery. I love my greens, too, spinach, broccoli, brussels sprouts, asparagus, kale. We had broccoli kale salad for dinner tonight and last week I bought 3 tubs of kale chips for snacking after surgery. I also get lots of yummies like cranberry juice and sweet potatoes, salmon and fresh orange juice.

Gosh, I hope you don't have to go out in that snow. They weren't kidding about the cold, our temps have dropped from 64 to 32 in just a couple hours.

I'm trying to menu plan next week. I've got 4 nights of chicken, and can't come up with ideas. All my tried and true recipes look stale to me. What do the rest of you guys do with chicken?

Two of my christmas cactus are red, one is pink. I have had them for years, and mostly ignore them. I think they do best when allowed to really dry out between waterings, like most succulents.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Chicken - wraps, chicken salad w/ apples & walnuts on croissant, chicken corn soup, "golfer's" chicken (onion soup mix, apricot jam) over rice, jambalaya chicken & ham, BBQ on buns.

I am doing laundry, did not iron the sheet. I did a bunch of paperwork instead. I'll go prep potato and onion for soup in the crock pot tomorrow. Co-worker brought me a paperback to read, will start that bedtime - nice & relaxing.

They brought the furnace/heat pump part and installed it. I heard the heat pump running so it must be working. We're having warmer weather for 2 days then it will be cold again. The nearby lake is nearly frozen over and there must be 100 Canada geese sitting around on the ice. Seeing a lot of foxes running around since it is their mating season.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

oh I have one for you CH, Italian and diablo chicken, well I guess 2. the Italian you just bake in a bottle of Italian salad dressing, we serve over rice/w salad.
    diablo, has curry, honey, ginger, over rice, let me know if your interested. we love it here and use a lot of curry in it.

Wow 3 plants, I cant keep one growing.. yet I have a cactus I have kept with me since I was 15 hes 48 yrs old now.
    Nope I haven't left the house, since we looked at Christmas lights, before that it was weeks. Dh usually picks up things when hes in town.
    I tried kale and sad to say I don't care for it, and I wanted to, the other one I cant do is chard. Weird huh, I planted it one yr. instead of my spinach, and just couldn't get it down, but yea, for broccoli, Brussel sprouts, lima, fava beans next I want to try broccoli rob.
    I wish I could drink juice, but they tell me to stay with the fruit, no juice. OH yea, cranberry chicken, cranberry sauce, french dressing, onion soup mix, cant remember what else,, yum...let me know..

looks like you might get lucky with the ice, it looks like it might stay north and get N OK. and S. Kansas.. crossing my fingers for ya...

dircpa, can I get the golfer chicken recipe please?
    We have coyote mating season here. hope your heat stays working for you.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

d-cpa-yes please. the golfer recipes pleeeease.thank you!
    haha-Dh old man was tuckered and went to bed. Bdays over.
    Coyote mating,fox mating and geese flocking. We got 2 or 3 lousy squirrels out and a few crows flying about.

I was just thinking the dogs were really jumping about w/ Dh upstairs then I relaized-Its thunder! Just not used to thunder in Jan. 2 feet of snow? maybe.??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

FW, sounds like you got thundersnow. It happens. After all, snow is just really cold rain.

Thanks for the chicken ideas. DH can't eat anything spicy (red pepper, black pepper, curry, chilis, ginger, etc.) which limits my options. And he doesn't like sweet peppers. I could eat a bell pepper like an apple but he won't touch it.

Broccoli rabe is good, a milder version of broccoli. I like swiss chard, I find it tastes sweeter than spinach. Can't grow enough of it in the summer.

I guess we'll see what the weather looks like in the morning.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

One recipe book called it "golfer's" but it has a lot of names. This list from Pillsbury recipe site.
    4 bone-in chicken breasts (2 1/2 lb) or use mixed pieces
    1 jar (12 oz) apricot preserves
    1/4 cup orange juice (this is optional, some recipes have it, some not)
    1 package (1.0 oz) onion soup mix
    1/2 tsp powder ginger (some recipes leave this out)

Combined preserves, OJ, soup mix, ginger. Place all in crock pot, cook low 5-6 hours. You can also do it in a dutch oven in the real oven several hours on low heat. I think that is why "golfers" like it?

2 loads of laundry done Wednesday - yeah. Potato soup in the crock pot today, using chicken broth from Tuesday. Will try to do some more cooking tonight - assemble chicken pot pies, make & freeze biscuits. Need to find freezer space.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. The mountain cedar blowing in from the south is killing me. We are suppose to have storms and a lot of rain over the weekend. I hope it will wash all this pollen away. If I can get myself up and going, I'm going to clean house and do more laundry. Making a roasted chicken pan meal for dinner. Went to Kroger yesterday and saved 48%. I can't wait to see my totals at the end of the month. Hope all of you stay safe and warm.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-I reveiwed the ad and didnt see a darned thing I wanted. WTG.
    CH-no snow,I was saying IK to expect snow like that but the rain was weird. Very messy w/ lots of icy pools in the backyard and the deck is pure ice.

Talked to the vet about my 18yr old cat and he said do baby food. We have gone from dry kibble to canned food,then pureed canned food now I'll try baby food. He just wants to lick not chew so I hope I can get his weight back up a littel.

TO DO
    DW
    Small groc shop
    redo Jan budget
    make chili?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Brr! We didn't get the ice, but we sure are freezing. They are still calling for ice tomorrow and Saturday, DH has already made plans to work from home.

Still waiting on a callback from the medical office. I have called 3 times this week. If I don't hear anything by this afternoon I am calling my surgeon's office to see if they can light a fire under someone's a##.

Today's project is an inventory and list of items in the freezers so DH knows what is there and where to find it.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree hope you lose that truck soon! Way to go on your blooming plants.

CH -I made the chicken recipe on the back of the stove top box the other day. It's all processed, but my DH actually said he liked it.

Yesterday I stained the baseboard. While I had the stain rag out, I thought I would go over the existing window trim. Didn't know they unhooked all the lights. So, not sure how that came out.
    I baked some cookie dough I put in the freezer last month. I want to do that again. It worked out great.
    The crew arrived & started asking questions about the creek rising over our bridge. I thought they were just shooting the breeze, but lo & behold, our driveway bridge was under water. DH went to work against my advice & drove through it. I told the crew that the property owner was officially instructing them not to drive over that bridge if it is under water. They laughed, but the head guy called someone & shared the info. I don't want them coming back on me if they float the company van down the creek!
    Not sure what the thought process was, but they have the place for the lights way to high, so the head guy will talk to the electrician. They were in the attic yesterday & came out coated in blown in insulation.
    They are swirling the ceiling today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hope you don't get flooded out Winkie!

I have no energy today. Not feeling bad, just lazy. I did the freezer list. Brought up tomato sauce I canned last summer to make soup with. It's sunny and I just want to lay here with the cats and nap.

Decided that one of the chicken dinners will be fajita/soft tacos. I have everything for that. For another I think I will switch out fish.. there is one each of a tilapia filet and a cod filet, and that will get rid of both packages.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Watching the Accountant w/ Ben A=very good. Havent started the chili. Thinking about hybernating the rest of the winter. Less work/less decsions/less drama
    When the water saturated it came in the fromt wall. Best tool of the day-shop vac.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, I take canned food, mix with a lot of water, and or mix in some baby food, and these guys will slurp it up, my first cat we would soak her hard food until mushy and mix with water to slurp.. my guys get on baby food and its hard to get them back off of it.. we sometimes use it as a treat too. not too often tho.
    yep thunder snow,you were lucky to hear it..

CH, be careful, there a bunch of storm chasers that are heading to Kansas, bulls eye is Dodge city right now. talk is greater than 3/4 in of ice. hope you guys get missed.
    Thats weird about your Drs. office, I think I would call to.
    Thanks on the broccoli rabe, and the spelling, if its like broccoli, I don't need to spend @2.99 lb, when broccoli is .99lb.
    I made you broccoli soup, it was a real winner and is completely gone!! Thanks!
    I'll try to remember about your DH, that really puts limits on your cooking too. Between both of use, we have everything covered!

Gbug, I hope you aren't feeling ill too. Hope the wind changes soon.. I couldnt find a thing at King Soopers either, did Safeway this week.

winkie, be careful too with that water, that's kinda scarey too!
    I'm waiting for the truck to fall off, wish it would hurry!! LOL

ILC, thinking about all of you..

We have snow moving in this afternoon, then its off to Kansas, so its not sticking around here very long, but will probably help with the storms out there tomorrow.
    Chasers are moving around so will probably get in on it , find out the latest.. too bad my air tanks wouldn't last, would be a fun trip. but....I don't think I have an extension cord that long!! lol..

today
    vacuum
    laundry
    clean kitchen sink and stove

Have a wonderful day..

ILC, thinking about you guys, hope you have good weather for the funeral.. hope all is well..

dircpa, thanks for the recipe!

Page 11 of 86 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast