2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 12
Page 12 of 86 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Visitation was nice last night---there were people there that she had grown up with, people she had worked with, lots of family members, even a cousin who drove a couple of hours to be there. Today was the funeral and the weather was good, breezy and somewhat cloudy but about 70 degrees, and it was well-attended too. Everyone is having trouble adjusting to her death since it was so totally unexpected but eventually we all will. Afterwards we went out to eat with our best friends which was nice and relaxing. DH thinks he's gotten a bad cold so he's now in bed after taking Advil and making sure Kleenex and Vicks Vap-O-Rub were close by. He's been sneezing and sniffling and blowing his nose for two days now.

I read through everyone's posts but can't remember much. Sorry.

Tomorrow I hope to get back to regular life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC glad you got through that. Don't catch your husband's cold.
    The crock pot potato soup is pretty bland but edible. I added salt, worchestershire sauce, ham and cheese. Not going to freeze that one. I'll go to the grocery store nearby for a few items tonight, hoping for mark-down meat since their sale runs Friday-Thursday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today list i got done= read 3-chapters in Genesis
    load of laundry
    put some things back where they go and threw some away
    Carried out bag trash
    cleaned out refrigator

Friday list
    1- read some more in Bible
    2-Work on sewing machine
    3-work on filling garbage bag with clothes and things that will be taken to a thrift store where they sell things for a school that is for mentally challenged kids.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have been lurcking........

FW......please be sure to check the baby food ingredients and make sure it does not have onions in it. I am surprised how many of the chicken/turkey/beef flaovors of baby food have onions as an ingredient and they are toxic to cats. (Kidneys). We use baby food for kitties that will not eat at the cat rescue and yes they will usually eat it! Seems like 10 years ago onion was not on list of ingredients in baby food but now is on many. i have also had luck with mixing kitten formula with canned food or baby food to make a "slurry" as we call it that they lap up. The slurry can also be syringe feed to them if necessary. Maybe your vet warned of the onion or you already knew but I just had to chime in to double check FW.....just in case you were not aware my friend!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

TDN-IK onions are bad for both dogs and cats but I may not have thought of it so thanks. I am trying to avoid gravy too. His digestion is a bit delicate and if it doesnt stay it wont help. I will give him snicks of bacon or other meats because it tends to perk his appetite. I only pick him up 1x a day to cuddle because he is so arthritic. Not long now prob. but hes a good little guy so on we go. Most days he sleeps in his new bed by the space heater under my feet. The vet was kinda more -give him what he will eat at that age.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ahh, senior cats. Mine just turned 19. He has a healthy appetite, it's what happens afterward that we have issues with. I hope you find something yours will eat FW.

It's going to be interesting watching this ice storm. Our good (accurate) weather guy is saying mostly dry Friday and .11" accumulation Sat. I know it doesn't take much to make the roads dangerous, but .11 of ice won't bring trees and power lines down. Some of the other news outlets are predicting 3/4" of ice and encouraging people to stock up on food and supplies and reminding everyone of the 2002 storm which was a disaster. We had 3" of ice in 2002, it was horrible, trees down everywhere and frozen solid, you couldn't get out of the driveway, and no power for 5 days. But this is not 2002.

Anyway, going to watch it closely. We had plans to go out with friends Friday. There's a chance it will completely miss us tomorrow night.

We are completely stocked with food and supplies, so should be good if it does get bad.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Be safe CH. The last time we had one pines were dropping lie flies and I lost a big tree in front of my face as i was talking on the phone w/ a friend. I was absolutely compelled to get out of the neighborhood and when I came back the neighbor was chain sawing his maple off the spot the car had been in. They sure are beautiful though. All the power lines and the icecicles off the plants and trees. Not cool for home owners though. This is the oldest cat we ever had.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Still no rain, but it is on the way. DH got the second tilling done on the garden. Working at the soup kitchen today, making cauliflower soup for dinner, and then planning on cutting up more squares for my quilt.

FW2--Going to get the accountant from redbox since it is going to be a wet weekend. Heard that it was good. Time for you to take it easy it sounds like.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

YEAH. woke up to Dh asking who we use for the bsmt drain. He now has to move stuff. I cant wash dishes or clothes so I may head out and pick up the few groc. I need. I always worry the dogs will get out though.

Got paid and put $1000 in the savings. Prob. wont stay but I'll try.
    Slept a bit better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH, ice storms are beautiful but dangerous around here---all the tall pine trees and all the crazy drivers who delude themselves into thinking they can drive normally on the iced-over streets. We had one January 6 years ago and we were stuck at home for several days. Our driveway was totally iced and since it slopes somewhat downward, trying to get out was useless. DD had a friend who had come over who ended up staying over for 2 nights. Luckily I had done a big grocery shop and had a well-stocked pantry because those girls ate like teenage boys after football practice.

fw, sorry about the water issue. Our Sophia was like that at the end---when we picked her up she would cry. We sure miss that old mama cat.

dlrcpa, sorry about the potato soup. Maybe more onions? More black pepper?

ermadunk, way to go on the Bible reading! Sounds like you're getting a lot done.

Gbug, hope you enjoy the movie.

TDN, hi! Nice to hear from you!

pinetree, hi, hope you're starting to feel stronger. DH said he feels better this morning. He wants to take the dogs to the river today since it's going to be warm but he may decide that he needs a nap more.

Anyone I missed, hope all is well with you.

For Friday:

1) Mop
    2) Straighten up around my chair
    3) Deal with almost 8 ft. tall corn plant---repot if DH will help me
    4) Take out recycling
    5) Straighten up our bedroom
    6) Start catching up on Bible study homework

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Friday the 13th!!

Sounds like everyones ready for the storms, hear people are already without electric.

We have a big snow storm coming in Sunday, I sure hope Kansas doesn't get it on top of all the ice.

We had to bring Fancy Pants home from the kids, she quit eating and wouldn't come out of the bedroom.. she came in here ate like she hasn't eaten for a month, then sat and googled eyed Trouble, lol, her and trouble just Love each other, hes so funny, he just watches her with all that love in his eyes.. good thing we didn't take her cat box out, she ran right in and used it, so everyone knows its hers..anyway, she should be ok until the kids get home., then maybe they can take her back.

Taking a lazy day, I'm just wiped out... stay safe and warm..

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Not a sprinkle or a flake here yet. It's all tracking way south of us. There's a low chance of very light/short precipitation later this afternoon. It is appearing now that nothing will hit the city until Saturday morning.

We are supposed to get a big storm Sunday evening right about the time the playoff game starts, and everyone is anxious about that. They are still saying that will be rain, though.

I am still waiting for one of the medical offices to call me back. Ready to spit nails, too. If I can't get this stupid test done in time and they reschedule, I'm looking at a March surgery date, which means I won't get my garden planted this spring.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-sounds like every winter here. We have services now but years ago the roads would ice and no one could drive it so they would park at the high school and walk up. Our neighbors were using their snow machines. I love hate the plows. They go too fast and plow you in but the streets are so much easier to drive. ( sewer issue actually-yuck. I let Dh handle it and he was freaking out. I HAVE # CRISISES i'm handling right now. I told him he could handle it thru the closed door. I'm like, what does he think I did all these years w/ kids and illness,school,money and break downs while he was on a business trip. I guess its easier to hear about it instead of living it.lol

Pinetree-I had a crier. We adopted her to a friend of Dh's from work and 2 weeks of crying back she came. I want my mommy. We had her 14 yrs. and her mommy 15. And her brother 16 or 17 I forget.

CH-call them and them call them some more. Free extra stress w/ every procedure!

well $275 later for less than an hrs work. He didnt even clean any water up. Hopefully things are done w/.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday afternoon I went down to the bridge & removed all the debris that washed up. Luckily nothing sharp, but there were several good sized logs & sticks and a ton of grassy junk.
    DH is sick with a cold. I woke up this morning feeling like an elephant was sitting on my chest. So now we are both sick. I don't usually work on Fridays, but I volunteered since I am kind of stuck at home. Worked 4 hours & that was enough.
    Work crew got bedroom carpet installed, kitchen & dining room ceiling swirled & painted & new lights hung. Actually one in kitchen we bought last year, found a matching one for dining room. The old hanging fixture was SO ugly.
    They have been working in bathroom, have vinyl flooring down, big mirror out finally. It seems to be going slow...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Done bible reading Genesis 4-12 today
    worked on sewing machine got it working but i may have to have some one that knows more then i do about sewing machines do more work on it
    put 3 pair pants and another sweater in the bag got lot more things to go through

Sat list
    mop floors
    read in Bible
    Not sure what else i will do there is always something to do

Page 12 of 86 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262 ... LastLast