2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 14
Page 14 of 86 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516172464 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH-glad it missed you. Ask your Dh what kind of ramen he likes in regards to the jewelry. No very few people seem to care. I almost got killed at the groc. for wanting to unlock the door to go around the other side of the van to not inconveinence the little (insert favorite swear here).

The water coming from the wall/floor of the well pump room seems slower. Always something.Dh is feeling guilty. For leaving me to deal. hmmm! how can this work to my advantage.jk.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A rare flurry of activity this morning in Aunt Bea's kitchen, lol.

Yesterday I stopped at the local corner store to buy some meat, this morning I packaged it for the freezer. The little store is not the cheapest place to buy meat but the quality is very high and they package many things in approx. 12 ounce packages that are just right for me, all things considered a frugal choice.

This morning I fed the freezer:
    2 4 ounce ground chuck patties.
    2 4 ounce pieces of hot Italian rope style sausage.
    2 4 ounce hot breakfast sausage patties.
    1 16 ounce package of ground beef crumbles with onion, garlic, celery and carrots. (mostly vegetables)
    1 16 ounce package of hot breakfast sausage crumbles with onions, garlic, celery and carrots. (mostly vegetables)
    1 4 ounce package of hot Italian sausage crumbles.

Lots of meals options from three twelve ounce packages of meat.

I also have a pot of split pea bubbling on the stove for lunches this week.

Dishes are done, floor is swept! I need to get cleaned up and out the door, make a stop at the post office, drug store, gas station and the local Wegman's for some frozen vegetables. Wegman's has great everyday low prices for no frills basic frozen vegetables, one pound packages for $.99.

Have a great day folks!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Aunt Be a--Congrats on all your work. Sounds like you are set.

Today I am working at the soup kitchen,ironing, and making stir fry for dinner.

My old cats eye has been gradually going opaque. Yesterday he would his if you got near it and I found him cowering behind the toilet. Can't afford a vet bill, so I went searching for answers. I made a weak saline solution and put drops in his eye and rubbed apple cider vinegar under his neck. Don't know what that does, but we will see. This morning he ate well and the swelling had gone down. It's still red, but he doesn't seem to be in much pain. At least he didn't hiss at me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gb-cant you make a payment arrangement w/ your vet or seek out a rescue group. He's is pain or he wouldnt have hid. O[que is usually a cateract forming but not the red. prayers for the best for him.

So my cat is now eagerly awaiting what ever is in those jars!!! yum.lol turkey wasnt as exciting but today was beef w/ veg pureed. I am hoping to putting another pound or 2 back on him. IK people would want to rescue him if they saw him unless he was lounging in his new bed.

Expecting more icy rain weather so I am trying to see if I need anything. So far So good.
    to do
    call DD
    laundry/DW unload
    long shower w/ shampoo I found.
    scatter clean

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today list need to get done
    1-fill up med box
    2-make 18 corn muffin freeze them
    3-check air filter change if needed
    4-empty dw start refilling it

Everyone have a good day keep warm and safe

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Federal holiday today, so DH is home. We have dense fog and rain. No reason to go anywhere today. Ought to get the last of the christmas stuff put away before next week and finish laundry.
    Also have some cold cuts to portion and freeze.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, hope that works on that eye. Trouble just got rid of his antibiotics for an eye infection.

CH, yep, getting mad only hurts the one that's mad, be in peace with low blood pressure! lol.. glad the storm missed you.

erma, those corn muffins sure sound good! yum, maybe with some chili... ummm.

FW, I don't know about down in Texas but here in Co, you cant find a vet that will let you make payments. They want cash or a card.
    Our baby food doesnt have any onion powder of onions.

AB, Wtg on your meat for the freezer!

Tine, Did you get it turned in ok? Hoping for a good grade... and some rest..

ILC
    ???

Hi to everyone I missed..

It snowed again last night, this one is a heavy one, about 4 inches, but it weighs like its 12. We are suppose to clear out this afternoon, but I'm sure Kansas and Nebraska doesn't need any of this.. whoo hoo, neighbor is here plowing out the driveway.. I need to bake him something really good! ( bet he'd rather have the case of beer!)
    DH, caught me up on laundry, cleaned the bathroom, swept the kitchen floor so I can have an easy day..

today
    find things for tamales, don't have the energy to make them.
    work on a job
    stay warm.. It sounds like everyone around me is getting sick again....
    lol, so not much of anything...

Stay warm and safe
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got corn muffin made put in freezer filled up med.box checked air filter it didn't need changing empty dw put some more dishes in tomorrow list is
    1-wash dish towe,l potholders, napkins, table cloth and table runner
    2-sew some buttons on a summer blouse
    3-sew seam up under arm of another summer top you see i am ready for summer to get here

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-some of the vets here have credit and of course I have so many I have owed for a minute. I had a super hard time! Of course I want meat but not seasoned too much and now pooper says not cold so I will still to te smallest jars.

Kinda bummed today. Sucked up the water 2x and it got the cord of the freezer,my new $857. freezer,so I bypassed the cord and am letting it dry. The freezer is plugged into the wall plug w/ a small surge protecter. The light is on but i dont hear it riunning. Dh told me how to bypass the furnace too but this too is a game thats getting old. I think I am getting a cold and its making me whiny. DD cant come over because the kids there have strep. Gosh I love January-not. ok done whining. Need to diet tomorrow and make a comfort food.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

hmm just yakking back and forth w/ my new DIL. went well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, cat is much better. Don't know what it is about the vinegar, but it must be working. I'm still paying on a vet bill for my dog's surgery to remove a tumor last year.

What a day yesterday at the soup kitchen. It started off with a guy stalking his girlfriend. She was trying to stay away from because he supposedly beats her. He began yelling at her that he was trying to get her off drugs and he knew that she had drugs in her truck outside. The sheriff deputy was dealing with that when all of a sudden clients were running in from outside saying that a guy was in a car running into everything. Come to find out, he was drunk and tried to run over clients. In the process, he hit a volunteer's Lexus and moved it about 150 yards, backed into a tree. He saw the deputy and took off and turned onto a one-way street going the wrong way and hit another car. He got out and ran away. Later he came back to the parking lot and was standing behind a fence talking to some of the people when the deputy called local police and arrested him. What a day!

Not feeling great today. I woke up coughing. I have to make a CVS run, go to Target for a baby gift, lunch with retired teachers, and then to Joann Fabrics to purchase a pattern for doll clothes. I have a 50% coupon. Making turnip soup(the jury is still out) and lemon cream pie for dinner.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow GB, what a crazy day!

It is cold, foggy and grey here, but above freezing.

I have dentist appt this afternoon. Soup for dinner, not sure what kind yet. Have a chicken to pick, might make another batch of pot pie filling for the freezer if there is time. Need to make a pass through the fridge and clean out anything that got old. Have cold cuts to portion out and freeze for DH.

I traced my missing packages as far as the local post office where they were supposed to be delivered, and vanished. Too many people with sticky fingers out there, Going to try and get one replacement out today and the other tomorrow.

As far as I know I'm still having surgery next Monday even though no one has returned any of my calls about it. Proceeding with phase 3 of the preparations, fresh food, canned biscuits, postage stamps, gas in the car, all the little errands I do that will drive DH crazy if he had to do them.

A reminder, folks, if it matters to you, the price of first class stamps goes up this weekend. USPS Announces 2017 Postage Rate IncreaseÂspam! It is better fried than typed–Âspam! It is better fried than typedAccess Worldwide
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH-honestly on all counts.

So the flood indoors continues in the front but a slow seep. The sewer is holding fine,the freezer didnt short out and the fan was going last night,the furnace has been running as well as it does. So i get up and its really been raining hard and the whole yard is a puddle on the ice. the retaining pond is full to the brim. So far no water in from it but prob. by tomorrow?? We need that french drain and a winning lottery ticket to go w/ int.lol So dang sick of babysitting this house. Dh is like IDk what to tell you just hook up the pump outside if the window fills. I relish the idea of plugging in electricity while it rains standing in water.hoo boy!

Going to make tacos today. I have the meat predone so i will just warm it w/ BBQ sauce. Very eary.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-is it really safe to work there??

Tomorrow is Mikeys shots day i may trade w/ Hunter and let DH do Mikey as he needs his harness and IDK if I can get him "saddled up". The vets on a semi busy road so I live in fear of him over powering me because he's a goof. And ending up hit. He's too much dog for me because he was supposed to be Ds's.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hey guys, been sleeping and trying to get rid of this creeping crud.. for some reason its not working.

I signed up for a couple online classes, so that will keep me busy for a few days, wish I could put them off for a week or so.

Hey Niko, the business is picking up, hoping yours is doing the same thing!!

Trying just to keep up and checking in.. no list for today, I am just too tired..

have a good day.. be safe..
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.