2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 18
Page 18 of 86 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920212868 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Glad to hear the update on CH

What a dang long day. The sewer line to the street was clogged and i learned a lot about things. I opted for the hydo blow out and the camera $975. I called Dh and said we are doing it. We opted out last time and paid the stress this time. So in for $1250. and they found i have 75' of cast iron original pipe they used to connect to the sewer. 25' of that is cracked. To replace the 25' that is 10'down is $5200. and to replace the 75' is $12,000. So I called up Dh and told him to get used to the ideas. I cant keep sucking up water into old age and I just plain wont. What they did is guaranteed for a year and thats 1 visit to hydro it again. It took over an hr. to get the truck there and then 1 1/2 more screwing around. Dogs barked,I had to stand watching the door and still havent seen 3 cats. DH started in w/ his unrelated facts gathering and disbelief of the facts given. I'm like you werent here,I havent slept or eaten for stress/worry. Plus all that suctioning and bailing. I told hubby be warned i am not too charming right now. I treated DD and I to a French dip and seasoned fries. Now I need sleep so i can resanitize everything. Hopefully,we can flush and shower and wash clothes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just got on computer and read up date on every one good to hear up date on ch and fw2 sorry about your water problems.My computer is going crazy again couldn't get on fv all day long enough to read or post.did get everything on list for Tuesday done by my son caring out the bag trash for me before i got it out my back was hurting so bad i decided i couldn't get it out and my son called and wanted to know if i wanted a bowl of soup i told him bring me a small bowl i was having pizza that you cook in oven so he brought the soup and took out the trash i never ate any last night so i will be having soup today my back is better today i am not going to do much to day going run walmart everyone have a good day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad CH is doing well. It is suppose to get cold again here. What fun! Now I'm not only coughing, but my I can't breathe through my nose. DH tilled the garden spot again yesterday. It is looking good. I got good news from my neurologist that I don't have to be on blood thinners anymore. I hate taking medicine. Today is busy: Doing laundry, making dinner for my BIL and Sil to take them since my BIL came home from the hospital. Need to hit CVS, Sprouts, and Kroger, but don't know if that will happen today. Also have to go to the post office to mail some packages. Making some sugar scrub for a friend for her birthday tomorrow. If I have a chance, maybe a nap.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-congrats. I finally reached the 4 pills a day level he wanted on the 2nd BP. Hopefully,it will show in the BP numbers next time. You sound busy as always. DD is swearing by the pineapple juice for the decongestant (bromelaid??) I am literally sniffing a Dollar general decongestant every so often because ID think I need any more meds in me.

The water is still seeping in the front but the drain seems better and she washed a coat last night. I need to shower so that will be another test. And w/ all this I'm behind 3 loads of dishes again!
    to do
    dishes
    shower
    continue to sort and wrap glassware cabinet. Making anothe S.A. load by Fri. (it is def. helping me to set a day)
    vaccumn
    mop just about everywhere the guys machine went.
    hit the groc. for milk and meds.

Hugs to everyone.
    BBL so tired

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wonderful news about CH!

Gbug, congratulations on the no meds. Hope your coughing stops and you begin to feel better.

fw, sorry about all the pipe mess and you having to handle it all on your own.
    So DD is actually doing some cleaning/throwing out? Fantastic!

erma, hope your back is feeling better.

Everybody else, hi, hope things are well with you.

Had a great checkup with my periodontist (gum doctor). No new issues, no new "mobility issues" (loose teeth), everything okay.
    Eventually some teeth will be lost, she feels, but not yet.

DH and I went to Chick-Fil-A this a.m. for their free breakfast promotion. He got a sausage/cheese/egg biscuit and I got a chicken/egg/cheese biscuit. Gotta love free food.

For the rest of Wednesday:

1) Work on Bible study homework
    2) Figure out supper
    3) Bake peanut butter cookies
    4) Church 6:30

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-too great. ID even want to go in.
    So all but Pixie cat are accounted for w/ the door being propped open yesterday. She is extra shy/skittish so if I dont see her by late today I will be a little worried.
    So far the drain seems to be ok. Cross plumber off my list for sure!

And yes DD is working and I can visually see it.All 6 cans are full and we have extra. She went into a huge anxiety attack last night over about everything. I just quietly stood my ground and today it seems better. I wanted to fix everything but thats how we got here. You can only gain confidence thru successes-usually small over big. I told her we will continue to provide food where she lives. I gave her $80 last time to help pay her cell and hygiene incidentals. She has no money for the registration so I just said let it ride. Her ins. will most likely be covered by us too. Just not offering just yet. I want to buy her jeans because she only has 1 pair but every time we go in it gets carried away. I feel bad they just took feminine services away from her ins. And i feel bad she got sent a dental card by mistake. She needs a job but it will be very hard to get one w/ no car. And no one to drive her.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Never went to walmart today before i got coffee drunk i was hurting again so i haven't done anything except empty dw and put some dishes in not even fixed my bed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have an exam in three hours and I'm working on the last preparations.

Today:

Exam
    Trip to IKEA
    Laundry

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine--Good luck on exam.

Feeling a bit better today. Today I am going to work in the afternoon at the food pantry. I hope to get some sewing done and making DH loaded bake potato soup for dinner. I tallied up my grocery expenses last night for January and I have spent just a little over $150. We did eat a few meals out this month using gift cards. Money is so tight. I don't see much relief in sight until late spring or early summer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ermadunk-Walmart is onliine w/ free shipping over $50? I refuse to go unless well it's Christmas?
    Tine-good luck

So Hunty knocked the computer plug out trying to get in this room. Good thing he's so cute. I finally got the computer back up this morning. If the sewer and dumb things would just stop breaking i would buy something new.
    We got a dusting of snow. DD is supposed to work outside this Sunday at the Renaissance Fest. teardown in costume-brr!

To do
    dishes and more dishes.
    P.U. prescriptions and a few groc.
    spot clean and vaccumn
    hybernate!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am getting around little better today doing some laundry.Haven't seen pinetree on here lately hope she is well sunshine here and turned colder.Everyone have a good day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. 26 here today and in the 70s in a few days. Crazy winter here. Going to the soup kitchen today. I desperately need to get out. My depression is kicking in again. I don't want to be on any meds, so I go help others to get my mind off of it. Don't know what the rest of the day will bring.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-me too on the depression. Between Dh traveling,the sewer and the general weather of drabness. I am going to take DD and buy her another pair of jeans today and put together the rest of the care pkg. for the family.

So today was paycheck day. DH made a lot of overtime which entirely paid the sewer flush bill-yeah!! I also found I had $35.15 in the CC points. And was able to put (at least for the time being) $1500. more towards the new vehicle project. Which is good because its rusting out from under me.
    to do
    hit the groc and get pills/a few groc.
    S.A.
    vaccumn
    endless dishes
    DD leaves around 4 pm.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am going to try & get some stuff done today. I have not been well for weeks & have such low energy. Still have the cough. It is snowing here today, but not much accumulation.
    I had the construction crew save the scraps of vinyl flooring & I will line the bottom of the cupboards with it. Then I can start putting stuff away.
    I need to paint two different patched places on the walls.
    Need to paint the closet in the bed room while it is still empty.
    Paint in bathroom closet where they ran out of baseboard.
    Need to return towels & floor mats that do not match new room.

Hope everyone is feeling better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

winkie-feel better. I ususally get that all winter too. W/ DD gone most of the time and not going out as often its less.

DD is going in 2 hrs. and mixed feelings. Part of me says stay but ID want to ruin our new better getting along. I am diappointed we wont have time to go to S.A. or burgers. But I am thrillled she made good progress on the mess.