2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 19
Page 19 of 86 FirstFirst ... 9161718192021222969 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope everyone is feeling better too. My back is improving. I take for granted being able to physically do everything I want to, hate having to decide A versus B because I only have enough stamina for one thing. Usually I run out of time, not energy. Hubby returned home last night, lack of sleep due to his midnight arrival and later snoring.

This weekend: bring in fire wood, work on club newsletter, bake bread, laundry, start taxes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went got a hair cut today was going do some cleaning after i got back and before i got started a friend i haven't seen in awhile came by we had a good visit and nothing got done today but that ok.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Winkie, glad you're back! Send pics of the home improvements if you can.
    dlrcpa, glad your back is better.
    Tine, hope you did well on your test.
    erma, do you like your haircut?
    Gbug, winter is hard for those of us with depression issues, even with meds. We're having a cold spell and I just want to huddle next to the fireplace. Way to go on your grocery spending.
    fw, good that the paycheck covered those expenses.

DD showed up this a.m. and we had a nice visit. Today is my best friend's birthday and she had requested that I make her a chocolate pie so that's what I did for her. I also made one for us and we're enjoying it immensely. Did some cleaning so things look better. Belle, our tortie kitty, didn't show up last night and by the time it got dark tonight I was really getting upset but she appeared on the porch about 8:00, very hungry and cold. She's eaten and is now sitting on the hearth enjoying the fireplace.

For Saturday:

1) Possibly visit a friend who's supposed to be in town at her mom's this weekend
    2) Catch up on Bible study homework
    3) Mop
    4) Plan menus for next week
    5) Change sheets

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ilovechocklate yes i like my hair cut i can't stand for my hair to get very long.chocklate pie sound good i us't make a lot of them when my kids was at home.
    Sat list
    empty dw put more dishes in
    pick up straighten up some
    Go grocery store

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW2--Glad to hear the news about you and DD.

It is cold here. I need to clean my house, but that's not happening. I am getting laundry done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-we are cutting a new path. I liked having her visit and we are more honest w/ each other now. I told her I did freak out when she said she was staying all week and she said she was surprised she made it thru Wed.. We just laughed. I'm holding tight to the fact that at a certain point the "kids" decisions good are bad are theirs.

D-cpa-glad the backs on the mend. I had it do that to me a few times. DH had left for work and it went out. I'm thinking gotta get up eventually and its GONNA hurt!

well DD left me her sick. I have a headache,the shakes in the "belly",weak and had to get up several times last night. My body just generally aches so I think flu and resting day. IF I feel better I will vaccumn and that. If not,not. Knocked the louvered door off the track of the pantry last night and I blocked it w/ a storage tub. DH can fix it tomorrow because I am crawling back to bed soon. Whine.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

frugalwarrior2 hope you are felling better real soon and everone else is having a good day.I slept in today unloaded dw put more dishes in washed sheets made bed swept floors never made it to grocery store going have to go in few days almost out of milk. Everyone have a good night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Did a light groc shop and picked up my meds.DH came home early so I just nuked us some potpies. I bought a little choc. cake to celebrate Ddads bday. He would have been 89 today. We got anotehr light snow and the temp dropped a lot but its ok for the season.

The boys (mackie,Mikey and Hunty) were so delighted they ran all over the house. Mike was out w/ in 10 min. of dinner. Greeting is hard work. Macley was so sad when DD left because I think he thought she moved back. Now he is so happy DH is back. All of them were glued to me after I went groc. shopping. I guess they dont know if they will ever see you again??

DH announced he goes again this week Sun-Fri again. So much for working out of the house.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC - good news on the perio- I had to have a ton of work done a few years ago & it was expensive & time consuming. Nice of you to make your friend pie.
    GB - I like your style- when you feel down, you do for others. That is a great strategy. Hope you are feeling better.
    ED - nice you had a visit with your friend
    FW- sorry you are having all the water issues, but nice you had a good visit w/ DD. Glad she is making progress. Sorry she brought you the flu.

I got my list done, but it took two days. Like dircpa said,I am used to being able to do everything I want with out running out of steam. This slow motion is for the birds. So I got everything painted that I needed. I cut the vinyl to fit the bottom cupboards. I had to keep resting... I also went on a three hour shopping trip yesterday that ended up very successful. I went to Ollie's ( had 10% coupon), got my darker towels, found living room drapes that I have been looking for for two years. I think these are keepers. I also hit Aldi's & got a cart full of food for $38.00. Popped in to Volunteers of America & found a couple do-dads for the new bathroom. Ran into dollar general for contact paper & found a cute little basket for $1.00 for the new bathroom. I hung the new drapes on all the windows but the bow window which needs news a new rod. I tore apart the drawing part out of the rods , the new drapes are the grommet type. I will be taking them all down & spray painting them grey/ silver. They are a bronze/ gold color now. I saw a little scratch on the hutch, maybe the guys did it when they moved it? So I got out the old English then that turned into a little side project of cleaning up two stands/ tables. Cooked supper each night & kept dishes done. Today I washed sheets & towels- confessions- DH washes sheets & towels 40 weeks out of the year. Has since we got married 18 years ago. The twelve weeks of tax season he works Saturday's, so I do them.
    So I got quite a bit of the non normal chores done, but need to get back on the regular chores of vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, etc.
    Tomorrow we will put the bed back up in the spare room & will wash up the bedding. Can't put anything in the closet, because the construction crew needs to get into the attic one more time. We are still waiting on a special order baseboard heater. They will take care of the roof vent when the heater comes in.
    Hope everyone gets to feeling better!!!
    Making a roast chicken & stuffing for dinner tomorrow. Yum...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

winkie-um wow,I want whatever breakfast cereal your having. I got my burgandy drapes w/ grommets from Ollies and have been super happy. They look nicer than they cost and block the light and cold well. If you would add a bit of vinegar to the wash the dk. towels color will set better. I used to work in a linen store and customers were always complaining the the red or burgundy towels kept losing color after 2 washes.

Dh asked me earlier how his travel works best for me and i answered him only to find he will most likely be going every other week now. He is annoyed I said we would prob. end up spending more on outside people to repair things then. IDK what he was thinking but he cant so it if he's not here? And no I have no abilities that way try as I might. Un believably this year seems more annoying then last???

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Winkie - wow, amazing progress. Sounds impressive.
    I hope everyone else is doing well. Laundry 2/3 completed. Taxes started Saturday, wood brought in. I made refried beans in the crock pot and choc pudding to use up milk. Grocery shopped.

Today: exercise, oven pot roast, bake bread, layer & pin quilt.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Talk w/ new DIL on the computer a bit-she seems nice. She sure admires my Ds.
    Dh is washing 3 loads so i am prob. making chili and will run the dishes later. It snowed last night again lightly and I am feeling kinda slooow moving.
    thinking about making chili for dinner.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey guys! Thanks for all the good wishes. The surgery went well, I had a check up on Thurs and the doctor likes the way it is healing. My foot is the size of a football and I can't use it at all. It was very painful the 2nd day after the drugs wore off, but it settled down and I have virtually no pain now. We go back on the 7th for another look, until then I am in bed all day. Getting around on one foot is just too much effort. Daytime tv is crap. DH is doing well, even though this is more than I think he expected.

Hope everyone has a great day!
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still down in the dumps. Cried all day yesterday. DH took me to go to church with DS and family. My eldest DS suggested a supplement, so I went to Sprouts and got one. If it doesn't show any improvement, then I'll go to the doc for meds. It is suppose to be in the 70s the next couple of days. I plan to work at the soup kitchen tomorrow, wash and clean my car, and do some trimming on some bushes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW- thanks on the tip of using vinegar. Truthfully these towels are mostly for show, so won't get washed much, but when I do I will try to remember the vinegar. My drapes really look nice. I agree the quality of those black outs is very good. I bought one pair of the blackouts, they are solid black just to try them. The ones I am keeping have a black pattern on white they are not quite a s luxurious as the black outs. I just don't think solid black will work. The room is grey with grey carpet & black sofa & love seat. I know that sounds drab, but I jazz it up with throws & table cloth. Right now I have red accents, since it is close to valentines. I also have bright turquoise I change it up with. Then of course oranges for fall & my red plaid for Christmas.
    We got the bed up. This is an antique bed that has casters on the feet. One of them was broken, but we found some at the RE store to replace. Actually the originals are porcelain, so I will keep looking, but for now, these will work. DH wanted to go on an excursion, so we went to Menards to take back all those towels & mats that the color didn't match. Also had a light fixture to return. Then went to Ollies for one more floor mat. Ended up going to Sam's to get cocoanut oil for popcorn later. we went to church this am, I had my chicken in the oven so I just had to come home & finish potatoes, stuffing & gravy. It was so good. I forget about cooking a whole chicken , but I should do it more often. We have a ton of left overs.
    Other than making the bed, I am done for today. Already did dishes & sheets are ready to go in the dryer.
    Tomorrow, I would like to do some general cleaning, vacuum & dust to start with. My two DDs are coming with families on Saturday so I want the house clean & put together. Popcorn for supper tonight, sloppy joes tomorrow night.
    Hope everyone has a nice evening.