2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 20
Page 20 of 86 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122233070 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh GB I am sorry you are having such a struggle. Seasonal affective disorder is such a real thing. I had to take meds one winter a long time ago. It got me through & luckily I have been able to work through it without meds since then. My problem was the same, cried all day long. Hope you get some relief soon.

CH - good to hear from you! Glad you got a good report. Your DH sounds charming, peeling grapes for you & feeding you Bon-bons!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went to church today came home ate lunch and went to walmart by the time i got home i had a sore throat it is cold and windy here suppose be warmer through wed.then start raining and turning colder. I am waiting to see how i fell tomorrow before posting what i plan on doing.Everyone have a good night and try to keep warm

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH how nice to see your post. I have seen people use a rolling desk chair to get around. One knee in the desk chair seat and the other foot walks. There is a web site kneerover.com that has a fancier version.

I also used an (scissors-leg) ironing board as a bedside table because the height could be adjusted to whatever was needed.

Pot roast turned out well so I was pleased. Lots of sandwich material for later this week.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dlrcpa, yes, we are using my office chair to get around. It doesn't roll so well on carpet, though.

Pot roast sounds pretty good. DH made some of the burger patties I froze.

I hear the norovirus is breaking out across the country. Those of you who are feeling sick, take care.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Winkie-Big Lots had XL jars of coconut oil for cheap not that long ago. I looked at the black drapes but here in fur city-no go.

CH-glad to see you pop in. DH had enormously swollen feet after his injury. I remember him being stoned out of his mind asking me how they looked. I was like,uh.well.There so bandaged I cant tell,smile. Try and be patient. And enjoy being waited on??

GB-I'm very up and down plus restless. Didnt you just say you went off the meds too. Your body mind be adjusting biochemically also. Try and fill any downtimes. That helps me to keep moving.

DH is in a royal snit and I'm having trouble putting up w/ it. I told him just because your job is hard doesnt mean everything else is mine by default. I am trying to muster up some positive things to say but wow-really reaching tonight. Love that man but maybe not as much today as some other times.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Working at the soup kitchen, washing and cleaning my car, planting spring bulbs, and trimming some bushes. It is suppose to be in the 70s today and I need to be outside. Thank you all for your kind words. I am trying to stay positive today. DH wasn't very supportive last night. He just doesn't get it. He thinks I'm whiny and just wanting my way. Going to talk to my youngest DS today and see if he can talk to him. He has more impact on him than anyone else.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH, welcome back! Hopefully the frustration/inconvenience now will be over quickly.

Gbug, I'm so sorry. Stay in the sunshine as much as you can. My DH used to think I used "that time of the month" PMS to just act b*&#@y. Men could NEVER live through what women do.

dlrcpa, pot roast is wonderful---easy to cook and wonderful leftovers.

ermadunk, I hope your sore throat is gone today.

Winkie, thanks for the input on the Ollie's blackout curtains. We need some in our bedroom since the windows face east but haven't found any we like. We've got a 15% off coupon for Ollie's so I think a trip is in order.

fw, you're handling things better than I would. Your comment about loving him better some days than others is very appropriate.

For Monday:

1) Finish Bible study homework DONE
    2) Bake brownies for visit to friend who's in town DONE
    3) Visit friend at her mom's house
    4) Bible study class 6:30
    5) Pick up prescriptions

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I fell a little better today but throat still sore got call from one of my cousin today she said she had sore throat last Thursday she had to have a cancer taken off her nose and a skin draft said it was doing good.Called my brother he is 93 today sounded like he is doing good.Dived up some hamburger meat put in freezer some for chilie and some for meat loaf ran dw and washed some dishes by hand cleaned off cabinets i am fixing to fix me some goulash for dinner.Everyone have a good day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ermadunk-Dmom had nose cancer which was ironic as she hates the sun and always used sun screen. I think it was the smoking??? but if someone is going to have cancer that about the "best" kind. They scraped hers and she never had anymore issues for 20 yrs and counting.

ILC-IDK if I am. handling it well

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I vacuumed the upper floor, two bedrooms & hall. Dusted shelves in hall & the wood on stairway. Found another piece of furniture that needs a "treatment". I have a child size roll top desk from my childhood & it looks pretty scuffed up. It is in the small bedroom with the crib & youth bed. Will put that on my to do list, but probably not this week.
    I put new contact paper on the closet shelves in the bathroom, no more pink & blue! Unloaded dishwasher, washed a load of clothes, made supper. That's about it, in addition to working 8 hours.
    Tomorrow:
    I work 6:00 to 2:30
    Vacuum main floor, swiffer the wood floors.
    Having left overs for supper
    Put stuff away in bathroom closet.

We got more snow today, we may have enough to go sledding Saturday when the kids come.
    Have a great evening!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Worked at the soup kitchen, got free toothpaste at CVS, planted bulbs, and washed and cleaned my car. I took a new client to a park where she was living in a tent. Her car had broken down and she had no money to fix it. Her husband is in prison fro fraud and all her assets were frozen. She has fiibromyalgia and MS and someone had stolen her feds. I took her and we got two pillowcases of clothes and then went to the ER. She just wanted me to let her off since she had taken up so much of my time, but I told her no and I went in and explained her situation to them and they gave her the forms to fill out. I then hugged her and left her to get help. So sad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    Ermadunk-Dmom had nose cancer which was ironic as she hates the sun and always used sun screen. I think it was the smoking??? but if someone is going to have cancer that about the "best" kind. They scraped hers and she never had anymore issues for 20 yrs and counting.

ILC-IDK if I am. handling it well
    They had to cut into her nose twice but after second time he said he thought he got it all.Glad your mom never had any more problems.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. It is cold here, but going to be in the 70s again today. Going to the post office, bank, and then to pay off a bill. Then on to Kroger to send a western union and pay on another bill. I have to put Ranger in a crate each night since he seems to wander and walk around aimlessly. He usually wakes up around 2:30 or 3 and begins barking. I take both dogs outside and put them back inside. He continued barking last night. He has canine dementia if there is such a thing. It's driving me crazy. Any of you have expertise dealing with dogs like that?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gb-no but Mia has been in heat almost 3 months. Crying and mewling all night on and off. So yeah-sleep? I cant let her in w/ me or she wont leave me alone.

We got about 4" and everyone is acting like its 20 because of the news. There are schools closed in the lower part of the state. I guess its mostly because of the timing during rush hour.
    No big plans today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Woo!Hoo! Small loan paid off today! Spent $97.72 on groceries saving 57% for January. Only 3 more car payments left and my car is all mine and another bill conquered.