2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 22
Page 22 of 86 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324253272 ... LastLast
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

FW, try adding vinegar to the DW. Load it (not too full) and run the rinse cycle. When it gets full of water and starts to rinse, pause the cycle and add 1 cup of vinegar. Hope that works.

Sitting in the LR today with my foot up. It is nice and sunny but very cold out.

Feeling bummed. Stupid cat got my Firejewel necklace last night. It is a crystal with a blue LED that lights up. Or it used to. DH got it for my birthday a couple years ago. I had it hanging on the lamp next to my computer so I could look at it. Stupid cats, this is why we can't have nice things.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am doing laundry got one load done another one in dryer got load of dishes washing 2 pots chicken cooking will have to pick it off bone and freeze some for mexican chicken some for dressing some for dumpling. went take some mail to box it has turned cold and wind is blowing again like March wind.I have got check what i posted for grocery in Jan. i think i made a mistake if so will repost. Everyone have a good day.

march

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got a big Walmart shop done this a.m. and went to the library. Today is gorgeous and warm so I plan to sweep and clean off the porches, take out the recycling, and clean the litter boxes. I'm hoping that DH will grill hamburgers for supper.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Very cold here today. We are moving into the heart of winter. Feb and March is when we get the most snow, but this year, who knows?

DH brought home the knee scooter and I love it. It rolls so much easier than the chair! I was able to get into the kitchen and make myself a cup of tea. I know DH is relieved. I don't know if we will try grocery shopping this weekend. We are out of vegetables and salad.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It was very sunny here today, a much needed bright day. It was still pretty brisk though. After work I went to bed bath & beyond, just looking through clearance- nothing tempting, stopped in TJ max & nothing there either. Went to Menards, they advertised canning jars, but I have been there twice & they haven't had them. Last stop Aldi's for milk. Should have gone yesterday when it was still $1.29, today it was $2.19. I was trying to hurry & forgot eggs...
    Cleaned the bathrooms, made dinner. If you haven't tried it, make sweet potatoes in the pressure cooker. Two cups water , on high for 20 minutes. They come out perfect. The skin comes right off.
    Tomorrow, no work! Not sure what I will do, but I did buy some spray paint...
    Everyone have a great evening!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH-I had run a cleaner,washed the load but it sat so then I thought I'd just run a rinse so now they are all covered w/ lime. I reran it and nothing. DH is supposedly checking the softener system. Apparently according to him something was knocked out so the systems isnt working. He asking me all these questions about the workmen that came in. I told him its more likely cats. These newer cats like to chew plastic tubing! And no you cant have ANYTHING nice w/ pets.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-was thinking of you today. I let the dogs out. We have an iceicle that is a foot wide and cascades down 2 floors of the house. Very nice here today too!lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW2--I do have a checking account, but I send some money orders because then I am assured that the cash gets to them. Sometimes my bank is slow about updating my account or something comes in that I forgot about, so I do it to keep from over drafting.

Today I am working at the soup kitchen and wearing red for heart and stroke victims, being myself. My grandsons are spending the night, so I also have a little baking to do when I get home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Don't forget to download your free Well, Yes soup on your Kroger card today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Was up late and the DW is behaving better but not great. I did 2 loads and hope to get a few more done today. I hate back up but I hate standing there hand washing even more.lol I would like to have the counters empty by the end of next week?
    Got paid so I will pay Dh's business expenses and some bills,see if I can do a bit on savings
    Should hit Pet supplies plus for litter or Sams for TP/paper towels.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    Was up late and the DW is behaving better but not great. I did 2 loads and hope to get a few more done today. I hate back up but I hate standing there hand washing even more.lol I would like to have the counters empty by the end of next week?
    Got paid so I will pay Dh's business expenses and some bills,see if I can do a bit on savings
    Should hit Pet supplies plus for litter or Sams for TP/paper towels.
    We are opposites :-) I love washing dishes by hand and only use the dishwasher when we have a crowd over. I find dishwashing therapeutic actually. My hubby is the same so we make a good dishwashing/drying team lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spent the morning cleaning out a couple drawers & trying to figure out how to get a dead deer out of our yard. I called the township & they at first were willing to help, but then when they learned I lived on a state highway, they didn't know... Just got a call back, they will come around 3 pm & see what they can do. It is not close to the road, the deer managed to cross the creek before it stopped. I have my doubts they will get it, but if they don't how in the world do we get rid of it? It is probably over two hundred pounds. Not like we can stick it in a garbage bag & sit it out with the trash....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Very cold and very sunny today. Was able to make my own breakfast in only twice the normal time. Fortunately I have a microwave entree for lunch that will be much less effort.

Grocery ads are full of snack and junk food for game day. We need vegetables and eggs, so will talk to DH about going to the grocery store this weekend. Hopefully the crowds aren't too bad. They are predicting rain/freezing rain for the weekend.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Unloaded the dw and done some by hand cleaned the stove i think everytime i cook i let something boil over and wiped out oven cleaned the refrigator good run swifter in all rooms except guest bed room and guest bath.I am tired got up to early today. Got to fix something for dinner. Every one have a good evening.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had a couple errands to run & had to hurry because the township guys were coming to get the deer between 3 & 4 & they wanted me to be home. ( I don't know why). Anyway I pulled in the drive @ 3:07, and the deer was gone! I was so happy, and pretty proud of myself for tracking down someone to do it.
    Around 6:00, DH got home & I am like a little kid, asking, did you notice anything? He couldn't think of anything... I said, didn't you see the deer is gone? He said yeah, it was gone this morning when I went to work. What the heck??? Then he went on to say where it had been laying last night & that is not where it was. It was on this side of the creek, he said it was nearer the road. Maybe the dumb thing wasn't really dead? I am totally baffled, but it is gone & I don't care who took it, or if it sprang back to life & ran off! The township guys probably think I am nuts!