2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 23
Page 23 of 86 FirstFirst ... 13202122232425263373 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

winkie-hey what do prankster deer do for entertainment right?? Least its gone!!
    Up early.Should check the coupons for game day and see if i need anything today.
    Dh is finishing the pantry door. The metal disintegrated after 10 years of opening and closing several times daily. I guess he had to drill it out. Houses! or at least this one w/ its fine 1970's craftsmanship.

Decided to start collecting stamps again. I got obsessive before so i quit. BUT I miss my hobby and the kids are adults so I gifted myself some this morning. I really like the "year of" stamps. And color. I really like color.

IDK what Ill do today.
    mom of 5-My kitchen is not a lovely place. Its a 1972 remnant. It is dark w/ dk. cabinets and need a new counter. I cannot stand and wash dishes w/o mucho pain after only a short while. PLUS I paid good money for that dang DW and I'd love it if I could just shove things in it and then go do something else. I used to like to iron. I'm over that too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ch-the crowds should be INSANE here and the shelves sparse. Sams /costco manic. DH is flying out Sun. I wonder if the airport will be busy,sparse or completely uneffected.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm feeling awful this winter. I'm tired all the time. The weather is cold, gray and wet.

I have a three hour drive to visit family later today. My BF is ill, so I'll go alone. There's heavy fog outside, so it'll probably take longer then that, and I just want to sleep. It's my grandma's birthday, so I have to go, and I feel bad for not looking forward to it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Aw, Tine, don't abuse yourself too much. It never pays off. Maybe you can have a nap at the family house after the party? Hope you feel better soon.

FW, there have been some really pretty stamps lately. If you join a penpal site you can exchange letters and collect stamps at the same time. Two hobbies in one!

We decided DH will go shopping alone to the smaller local store and maybe Aldi. It will be busy but maybe not insane like the big supermarkets. And I'm still not ready for stairs.

They called off the ice/rain prediction and are now saying 60F for next week. Crazy winter.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH-Aldis is a good teaching a guy store. Its online too. You could show him which tomatoes and such. I collect certain positions and multiple countries.I have tons of albums and all the 1 pockets I use are acid free. Everything is stored light free w/o lots of heat. Dust-working on that. And the diff countries like Isle of Man,New Zealand,China and more will have the Year of Stamps. Thisis the Lunar year of the Rooster. I get the 20 blocks,FDC first day cover,souvenier sheets but cant afford things like uncut blocks. See-i'm a stamp geek. I joined a stamp club when I was 12. I have collected on and off from then on. I ordered Wonder woman,Shirley Temple,Lunar Year of the Monkey (2016) Dorothy Height -black history month from the U.S. Happy Birthday to me. lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DH said he would go early tomorrow morning (like 8am), hopefully it won't be so busy then. We can get through today with what we have.

I am much more casual about stamp collecting. I tear off the corner of the envelope and keep them in a box. I have some older lick-and-stick unused stamps in a different box. I had a stamp album as a kid, but I think that is probably worthless. Happy Birthday!
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have a good birthday, fw!

Winter is back, at least for the weekend, then next week it's supposed to go into the 70s. Crazy. One of our great-nieces has strep throat/flu. Lots of adults are having allergy issues. We're going through way more boxes of Kleenex than we normally do.

For Saturday:

1) Do some financial stuff with DH DONE
    2) Clean up kitchen: unload/load/run DW, put away clean items
    3) Plan menus for next week
    4) Do some laundry
    5) Reset den
    6) Read

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bathroom Reno- before & after ( if I can load pictures correctly)2017 To-Do Challenge-image.jpg2017 To-Do Challenge-image.jpg
    the floor was pink, the counter top blue, the whole wall was mirror, & those lovely swag lights.
    2017 To-Do Challenge-image.jpg2017 To-Do Challenge-image.jpg
    Now we have brown walls, brown floor, brown counter top, dark faucets, modern mirrors.2017 To-Do Challenge-image.jpegnew lights.
    its so long & narrow, it's hard to take pictures. We both love it. Need something on the wall behind toilet. See there is no flush handle on toilet? It is electronic. Just pass your hand over the eye on the lid.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cloudy and cold today got up early and rode with my dd into town then we stoped by picked up my medicine.Came home ate left overs not got anything done here at home fell like taking a nap.Everyone have a good day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Been shopping online for quite awhile and Dh said I could get some Isle of Man stamps so i got Wallace and Grommett. They have individual sheetlets for each character.
    DH also mopped the kitchen floor and has been working for hours on the pantry door. Lets just say dirt must have been holding it on and up. He had to drill out things and replace hardware. Still a work in progress.
    Not a traditional cake and gifts wrapped bday but thats ok. We may get Tubbys' subs I have a coupon.

Ds called from Poland and showed me a picture of her vintage wedding dress and told me they may rent an RV and tour around together. That should test this impromptu marriage. He should be moving on the Romania soon. and out by the end of the year? He said the culture is very diff. and everything is cheaper.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Getting A LOT of snow - hubby has been doing nothing but shoveling and the stuff keeps coming down and drifting. Will be so glad when this winter is over and done. We've had more snow this year than the previous five years prior I think.

Anyway, baking bread, buns and cinnamon bread today. Still have laundry and some bathrooms to clean. Hubby and I will walk to the grocery store for a couple of much needed groceries. We aren't driving in this snow, although our boys are.......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Lovely make-over Winkie!

Momoffiveboys, fresh bread and cinnamon rolls sounds wonderful on a cold snowy day!

I got a sketchy meal plan made for this coming week. DH has decided to do a 10-day low carb diet to jump start some weight loss. He has done this before, but drifted into too much sugar and junk food. Anyway, now he won't be able to eat half of the stuff I put into the freezer last month.

It's turned into a beautiful afternoon and 45 out. Wish I could go out.

Anybody watching the game tomorrow?

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ha ha, deer mystery! Tired from today's dog club event, had to wake up early and drive an hour to be there 7:30AM. Hubby is cooking supper, he is useful sometimes. Have to do the same thing all over again on Sunday.

The bathroom remodel came out really well, definitely a nice improvement.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Birthday Frugal Warrior. Hope you do something really great!

Yesterday was my DD2 birthday, my baby. She turned 31. I guess that makes me old when all my kids are past 30... She & her hubby & 4 kids are coming here this evening And DD1 with her little girl & new boyfriend are joining us & we are all going to Out Back to celebrate. DD 1 is having a hard time. Her husband of 10 years bugged out a year ago in January & he got remarried last Saturday. It's been hard on all of us. Hopefully we can put that out of our mind & have a good time tonight. Looking forward to getting to know the new guy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Winkie-yeah,31 me to (shhhh! almost 2x)(holy crap).

DD called a bit ago. They are doing a Renaissance show. I teased I was coming to watch. Its far but I wouldnt do that its a job like any other.

DH worked for 2 days nearly doing himslef in. I now have the pantry door back on w/ all new brackets. Food safe from munchy dogs and shelf knocking kitties. Applause for Computer geeks w/ persistance. That man is NOT a builder.