2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 25
Page 25 of 86 FirstFirst ... 15222324252627283575 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My life has consisted of snow shoveling the past three days. We received a whopping 80cm+ of snow and now the sun is shining before it starts to pour rain. So many people stuck on the street and finally the snow plow came through at 3 am but missed a section of the street so I see more stuck cars in the future. We have street parking and everyone is too darned lazy to shovel out spots. The moment I have a spot shoveled out, someone drives in - selfish world we live in!

I'm going out to enjoy the sunshine and do a bit more shoveling. Taking the car right now is not an option - I hate driving in the snow - so I'll probably walk to town to pick up a few groceries. It's about a 30 minute walk with trudging through all that snow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks to everyone for the wishes I am actually ATM much better. I went to the post office,big lots ans pulled through Arbys for a sandwich-italian sub. I was good and ate 1/2. It is still gey here and pouring rain. Going to play w/ stamps today and do some laundry. Still so dang weak that I was having trouble loading the car.
    CATCH ALL LATER. sorry about the caps. cant type either lol.
    OH Big Lot has those $20. animal throws clearanced at $7.98 FYI

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Grammarbug123 View Post
    Winkie-- In my her garden I grow: rosemary, cilantro, basil, peppermint, chives, oregano and I have asparagus planted there, too. In my vegetable garden, I grow onions, potatoes, yellow squash, zucchini, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, spinach, turnips, beets, kale, and swiss chard. I will plant the onions, potatoes, spinach, kale, and swiss chard this weekend. Everything else comes in March-April. Oh, and okra in late May. I also have hens .
    This sounds so nice. I have a garden & just started getting interested in herbs. I have mint & sage that come up every year, then have grown dill & parsley. I just got seeds for Rosemary. I know I have a few other herb packets I need to get busy & start. In my garden I grow several kinds of tomatoes, onions, three kinds of peppers, beets, cucumbers, zucchini, yellow squash, zucchini, green beans, yellow wax beans, Lima beans, cantaloupe, watermelon, potatoes, cabbage. I have grown broccoli & eggplant, but not every year. I would love to grow corn , but it just becomes a snack for the deer & racoons. I would like to grow peas, but never get out early enough in the year to get planted. Our plants can't go in the ground until mid to late May. I tried to have chickens, but the wild life killed them & the last one ran away to live with the neighbors.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Saw the Dr today. IMO the foot looks disgusting, but Doc says it is coming along fine. They are not taking stitches out, going to let them dissolve, or whatever. The woman in the room next to me was screaming as they took hers out, so I'm fine with leaving mine in. Anyway, still no weight on the foot, come back in 4 weeks.

There is a chance of snowflakes tonight, no accumulation. It was nice and sunny out earlier, I am watching temps drop now.

Got the grocery ads and made a short list, including asparagus and strawberries, yum! Thought about the steak and lobster deal, but it seems kind of expensive this year. Already have steak in the freezer if DH wants it for Valentine's dinner.

I looked at asparagus crowns and we don't plant here until April, so no rush, and I should be able to walk by then.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH-progress is progress. Dhs' ankle looks like a can that was partially in a trash compacter-no lie. It swells and is scarred and has holes where the fixator was and more scarring where the pins came out. BUT he can walk,the pain he had before the surgery is gone. Thats what socks are for. A lot of the wth will be gone and the rest you will settle w/. Congrats that the Doc is happy w/ it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made some yo yo's tonight from scraps. Think I am going to eventually make a clown doll. Cut up a worn out corduroy shirt of DH's, saved the buttons, and going to make squares for my quilt and then use the rest for yo yos. I am so frugal that I can't stand myself. lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-nothing wrong w/ that. There are no points for extra spending. And those that do are broke advisors.

Wind whipped and moaned last night. Cable froze and the gas heater blew out. but we got .25" of snow.lol and every tree is still upright so far!! And we didnt lose power-shh!

Paid the electric,cable and consumer gas ahead. Going to pay teh garbage service about 6 months ahead too. I hear DR screaming at me but DH's job has a crash date of June now. So the CC's are being kept paid off and I still have a huge stockpile. I need to put pet vaccination money aside next. June-nov. I trot them all in and hand over barrels of cash.
    To do today
    call dentist
    laundry/dishes
    vaccumn
    maybe return stuff to Kohls
    Needs to warm up!! Making spaghetti for tonight and ham/grill cheese for lunch. So i lost 6# almost from cutting back. So slow but in the right direction.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Below freezing this morning. I think I see the sun trying to cut through. Radar says we have snow overhead, but not seeing flakes. This system is going to intensify and hit the east coast in a few days.

Have a friend coming this afternoon to sit with me, so I am going to tidy up what I can reach.

GB, I haven't heard of anyone doing yo-yos in years. They take so much more fabric than you think they do. I did a queen size coverlet, it took me 15 years to complete! Good luck with your project.

FW, glad you still have electric! Hang in there! Maybe a new opportunity for DH will pop up before June.

I checked when we went out yesterday, crocuses are not up yet. They were this time last year. There is one tiny tip of a hyacinth showing though. They come up early but bloom later than crocus. I have not started planning the vegetable garden yet. I doubt I will start much from seed this year, for various reasons. Just some herbs and the special mildew resistant cucumbers. The rest I will buy from the community garden.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Contrary Housewife--I sit and do them while I watch TV. I am using up fabric scraps that I have had for a while. Making the dolls to use in a silent auction next Christmas. It also gives me something to do.

It is windy and cooler today. I woke up with a headache. If my headache goes away, I may try cleaning the flower bed around the porch. Doing laundry and cutting more scrap pieces today to sew tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Battling what may be a bladder infection. Taking AZO Standard which helps and drinking lots of water. If not better in a couple of hours I may ask the doctor to call in a prescription for me.

Crazy weather here. Warm, then rain, then cold, sometimes gorgeous days, sometimes several changes throughout a day. Today is a holdover from yesterday---gray, drizzly, yucky. Then a couple of cold days forecast before going back up into the 70s. Things are blossoming that usually don't till March.

For Wednesday:

1) Supper into crock pot DONE
    2) Go through grocery ads in newspaper DONE
    3) Hair cut 10:00 DONE
    4) Aldi if DH wakes up from his nap in time
    5) Bible study homework
    6) Finish vacuuming downstairs
    7) Church 6:30

Have a good day, everybody.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH-just not too worried. I guess its far enough away,has been extended many times,and I am even better set. Lets face it,this seems to be our new life. No more jobs,just contracts. This was supposed to end about what 3 months ago and now an additonal 4 months. IDK.
    ILC-dont wait until your dying. Im a big cranberry and monostat fan. Cut the sugar of course. Feel better soon. Weather here is in a mud/freeze,snow,rain cycle. repeat. Now add frightening wind. Make plans,cancel plans,reschedule,cancel. I was out by Sams and i just thought Oh I should get cat,pouring rain,litter. Then last night so much wind I was up 1/2 the night. Cable froze but was back this morning?? I should charge the phone come to think of it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Haven't got much done this week just the very necessary things.Went paid electric bill and water bill went to walmart got few groceries but went to get felnapa,washing soda and borax going make laundry soap been a few years since i made it.It is warm here today and windy.Hope the ones that not felling well start felling better real soon.Everyone have a good evening.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have been messing around spray painting stuff. Got a clock @ VOA, took it apart & painted it copper then brushed bronze on top, but came out kind of rose gold. So it needs another coat of one or the other. Had a white plastic toilet paper holder, painted it brushed bronze for the new bath room. Repainted toilet paper holder & waste basket in laundry room. Figured out how to get the covers off the thermostats & painted two, silver for gray living room & brown for laundry room. Have 4 or 5 more to do. Painted the napkin holder silver, may change that to black, will see when it dries... It really isn't warm enough, I should try to hold off.
    Did three loads of clothes yesterday. Went to visit DD1 this afternoon, had to drive an hour home in a snow storm UGH! I hardly ever drive & this is the day I went out, when we have weather advisories...
    Stay warm, have a great evening.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Now I am the one w/ the cold (has gone all around the office already, I am last.) Told my brother I need to stay home this weekend and not infect the parents. So an extra day at home Sunday if I can accomplish something.
    Today: Grocery store (where I hope the chickens are marked down), change & launder sheets, other stuff depending on how I feel. Wish you all a good day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

tomorrow I am going to go pick up my DD and she will stay at least the weekend. So today I need to do errands. I had wanted to go get a park pass,Sams has $9.off cases of POM paper towels,possible the TP too if its 2 ply. And IK I am short on the good litter. Rather hybernate.

Dcpa-sorry bout that. I am always the 2nd one. I have all the junk in my lungs now. Took a Muscinex and it helped but everyone seems to be sick.

Woke up thinking steak. I'll have to see what I have in there. Talked to DH and he's staying an additional time thru wed (3 day days) he said he can get 2 more 14 hr. days in and make another grand. They said his job is supposed to last until Dec. now. Like I told him, believe it when I see it.