2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 26
Page 26 of 86 FirstFirst ... 16232425262728293676 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Well, it's cold here again, but suppose to be warmer tomorrow. Going to a funeral of a dear friend, stopping by Bath&Body Works to get my freebie, mailing packages, baking cookies for my soup kitchen boss, baking pumpkin bread to take to two people from church(one in hospital) and the other is at home. DH and I are going to visit tonight. Not sure what else will turn up on the agenda today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB, you are such a good person, always doing for others.
    Condolences on the loss of your friend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Doing a load of laundry done one load last night baked a cake this morning fixing cook some chicken to make mexican chicken was suppose done that last week when i was cooking chicken to go in freezer but had it all in bags when i thought of it and i still had some more uncooked in freezer i wanted to get out use.Hope everyone is felling better i think it the weather making so many sick one day it so cold have to turn up heat next day need air on.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Slept late this morning. Not been feeling well, not sick just tired and worn out. It's surprising how sitting all day makes me tired. Had to take one of the pain pills last night and that always leaves me feeling messed up, too.

Going to sit on the bed today and mend a quilt. It's been in use for 20+ years and some of the seams are ripping out, and little kitty claws have made holes.

Reminded DH about the B+BW freebie coupons, instant Valentine's Day gift.

It's sunny and I think some of the clouds are going to clear off, which would be nice.

Winkie, the spray painted items sound nice. I did that to some fixtures when we moved in here.

Dlrcpa, hope you feel better soon.

FW, I'm glad to hear they think they have work for your DH. Mine did contract work for many years, and it would be 3 months, then 6 months, then 9 months then suddenly he'd be given notice and not have work for a month or two and then we'd start all over again.

Hope everyone has a frugal day.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH- I think sitting around does kinda take the starch out of you, to use an old fashioned saying! Hope you start getting your strength back soon, but you did have a pretty major procedure done, so it will probably take awhile.
    Over the years I have painted lots of stuff. I used to repaint the old patio set about every year. It finally fell apart.
    This latest painting frenzy is because I have already spent a ton of money on the bathroom & splurged on a few accessories. Plus I got a couple things for Christmas & I just don't feel like I can spend anymore, so painting it is & then I found other stuff in other parts of the house & there you go! I kinda want to paint the door knobs in the bathroom. They are gold & everything else is brushed bronze. Yes, I am a little OCD...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH-thats our track right now. Supposedly Dec. and i never trust because sometimes they just shut projects down. I think that boredom is more tiring that hard work because it is wearing on you psychologically. Got my stamps today and I am excited (stamp geek). I figure a stoppage since 2008 is long enough. I need to put $$ limits on myself though because I could literally spend 1000,s. In my defense though so of the stuff I have is worth 4x the face value. But its all relative to finding a buyer. Not really looking to sell though.

Winkie-you are clearly out of control!!! lol I love it. When DD was on her way I had baskets,shelves, a revamped changing table I had done. Just need a little vision. I used my childhood dresser for Ds painted white w/ new handles. I had so much fun w/ things.

Got my metro/county park pass for $59. I cant wait for senior discount. I had previously gotten the state for $11. as part of the plate renewal for the cars. Now the doggies have lots of parks they can attend this summer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW- good going on the park pass. We don't have to pay for parks around here, but when we went on our month long trip out west last fall, DH got a National Park pass that is life time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

winkie-really?? See the only national forest is over 8hrs up north so IDK. We have a few day parks w/ baseball and 1 in town free but thier super small. Even the bark park is a county pass and believe me they check. I dont mind because MI. has fantasticv wooded parks and here they been adding benches,tables,bridges and walk ways. They cleared a great veiw of the lake and got new life jacket at the park we go to. Also I noticed more new playground equipment and the old ratty covered area w/ the fireplace has been revamped. There is a park that was a mother daughter retreat that they are now revamping the dining hall thru fund raisers. I cant wait to see this summer. They tore down the rotten cabins and built a center for renting w/ kitchen and built this wonderful stairway to the lake. So I see the $$ being used. I had contemplated volunteering but counting frogs or golf is not the one. Oh and I have 10 yearly stickers going down the left side of the windshield. It will be sad when the van has to be retired. I guess thats picture worthy. We are very active at the parks now and way more when the kids were young. Skating,sledding,fishing contests,picnics,dogs,the beach,playground,hockey,even w/ the scouts. kayaking,And I think DS did the reptile class and DD the cross country skiing,and bike riding,nature center. Guess if I moved i'd miss the parks more than the people??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Up early with the fur babies. DH is leaving early to go to some continuing education today. I am going to drop off some pumpkin bread to an old friend and former co-worker for her birthday today and then head to the soup kitchen. Gotta take Dmom's and grandkids valentines to the post office today, too. Made a run to Sprouts last night and got butternut squash for 88 cents a pound and a 2-lb. bag of cuties for $1.38. I also bought some celery root. Never cooked it before, but going to make fries out of them. We shall see. Don't know what the rest of the day will be. Hope all of you in New England are staying warm. My DD said that this was the first blizzard that she had experienced. Don't forget to download your free Hershey's cookie on your Kroger card today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gb-morning pets as well.

Already found a cheaper source on Amazon for the pages I need to put my stamps in. The post office wants $7.99 but Amazon was $6.49 so I saved $10.43 on 7 pkg. or 5 double sided. Trying to be frugal where I can.

Go to get DD in a few hr. and we are going to grab lunch. Then hopefully she can free our house of more of her clutter. Its a process. BBL.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Was up half the night then overslept again. My head is plugged up, but it's not a cold.

Got about 1/3 of the quilt mended yesterday. May work on that some more today.

FW, I get protector pages for DH's currency collection through ebay. It is always cheaper than anywhere else and usually "free" shipping.

Need to talk with DH tonight about grocery shopping. Already made a list. He went last week and "forgot" half of it (even with a list in hand) and had to make two trips and was not happy.

Supposed to be a nice warm weekend here. Hope everyone has a good one.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH, I feel your pain about your husband and the shopping list. I not only show him the list (color-coded, lines separating the items, etc.) but I explain every item to him and WHY I want those particular sizes/brands/etc. Otherwise he messes up completely. If I'm ever out of commission for any length of time, it could get really ugly around here. KWIM? Occasionally he does bring home a good deal not on the list, like the 64 oz. jar of Kroger peanut butter for $2.49. I have no clue why it was marked down---the expiration date was way in the future----but I praised him up one side and down the other.

dlrcpa, hope you're feeling better! I always kept a can of Lysol in my desk and would spray everything down each day after work during periods of sickness.

Winkie, we spray-painted our oven door (removed it first) black to match the dishwasher and it made a huge difference. I plan on spraying the cabinet knobs black once we paint the cabinets.

fw, have a good weekend with your DD. Ours will be 25 tomorrow.

Gbug, so sorry about your friend. Prayers!

ermadunk, your weather sounds like ours.

Hi to anyone I missed!

Today I've done piles and piles of laundry, including a lot of throw rugs which are hung all over the porch furniture to dry. It's chilly today but supposed to be in the 70s and sunny tomorrow and Sunday. Going to have pork chops for supper and will make a cherry pie afterwards.

For Saturday:

1) Treat DD and her fiance to a late lunch 3:30
    2) Catch up on Bible study homework
    3) Mop
    4) Plan menus
    5) Do some raking

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH-thanks post office is $7.99/5 pages w/ shipping. Amazon was $6.49 w/o any shipping charge so got 7 sets so I'm good for now?? Depends when i get in the old closet and see if the collection has spare pages of i'm short them. I just got $143 in Amazon points credit today. So that will let me play a little too.

Went to the bank to straighten out a few things and came awy no better
    Lousy pizza hut today. Next time I check the ratings on yelp or such.

Having something easy like a sandwich for dinner,banana. DD is sleeping I guess.
    Managed to get the printer working again and print off some paperwork.

Just kinda a push it up the hill day. Is it March yet??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC- I like the idea of painting the oven door. That is very innovative.
    I am also fairly good with contact paper. I covered a bathroom vanity with a marble pattern & it lasted 10 years.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Winkie-my old friend was an artist. She would grab a dresser from the trash. Spray it w/ auto undercoating and put new handles on it and people would fight over it. Or grab a necklace at a garage sale or flea market and air brush a lion on a plain white t-shirt and use the jewelry for eyes. Sell the $5. worth of nothing for $100. She was the spray paint junkie. Now she has a doggie parlor. She cuts fur and sometimes will color them!

DD's here and she has to clean but I may offer a S.A. trip. And I need to grab more food for the family. The little girl wants more apple sauce, and the man more tuna. IK DD need jeans. I could use a new wallet and purse as the one set I have in falling apart. Hopefully cat nails can get done too.