2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 27
Page 27 of 86 FirstFirst ... 17242526272829303777 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Suppose to be 85 here today. Going to a church garage sale, pick up fresh eggs for the food pantry, and then on to buy seeds. Going to plant onions, potatoes, radishes, kale, spinach, and beets today. Holding off on the herbs for another few weeks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-its like we live on diff planets. ATM most of the snow is gone,no soft ground for months.

Put together a large storage tub and a cardboard box for the family and DD watched while she ate breakfast. This generation is so self centered. Then shes asking for granola and more soup. I just bit my tongue threw. Got 1 cat box done and taking a break for a bit before the rest. Need to grab brunch. I may go to the S.A. but IDK. Need to drop a bunch of board games and glassware.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

To Do
    I WANT!!
    -a new stalk sump pump that inst going to make a tommy gun sound because the arm is stuck up and the float is turning to dust as we speak
    -a new purse w/ matching wallet and new tennis shoes delivered by a magic fairy tonight to the front porch (no magic fairies allowed in the house)
    -I want the dogs to wipe their own feet after they been out
    -I want A great new hair cut-free and w/o searching out a salon (and no grey of course although technically its white)
    -I want no more water seeping into the bsmt like i live in a leaky wooden boat
    -I want DD's room emptied and shiny. I will then cry but quickly get over it and fill it w/ cookbooks.
    -I want spring so I can grill a nice steak and eat it on the deck,fighting off spoiled dogs and yelling go on now,this is mine,you know the rules,you eat after I'm done.
    -I want to have my weight loss lead forward in an astonishing turn to 40# instead of 6#.
    -I want winter to be done w/ and then everything else wont matter!!!!!!!
    Goodnight.lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Day #4 of cold and feel much improved. Finally got a decent night's sleep last night. I'm going out to Kohl's (coupons and $10 "Kohl's cash" to use), and Bath&Body coupons. May try on sneakers at Kohl's, I like to stay 1 pair ahead. Will stop by Safeway as we are out of milk and I loaded a coupon on the card. Checking the ad before I go out.

Going to start laundry now. I would like to give the dog a bath today. Supper will be from the freezer. I baked coconut & pumpkin pie last night and ate too much of that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey ALL! last nights big rain led into morning but has now settled back down to just grey out. At least the snow is gone for the most part.
    to do
    -work on the pantry (shifting and pulling a few things that are past past the clearance date
    -2 loads of laundry
    -dollar tree
    -vaccumn living room and spot vaccumn the MIL
    The rest will happen organically not planning.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Nice today but quite a bit cooler. I am just enjoying the sun. DH went after groceries and did much better this week. Got a rotisserie chicken for dinner and I will show him how to make low carb mashed cauliflower. The foot is moving from the stabbing pain stage into the constant ache stage, which is normal and good.

Guess I will do some hand sewing today since the light is good.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH, glad your foot is doing what it should, but I know you'll be happy when there's not pain of any kind. And wonderful that your husband did better with the shopping.

dlrcpa, glad you're feeling better too.

fw, you want spring and I want winter! We've had so few really cold days so far that the bugs will probably be even worse than usual this coming summer. Dreading it already---and also dreading the electric bills.

Tine, Gbug, momtofiveboys, ermadunk, and anyone I missed, hi, hope you're having a good day.

Did church/breakfast/Kroger this a.m. Got home, cleaned up kitchen, read the newspaper, and did some of my Bible study homework. When DH gets up from his nap we'll go get dog food, go to Dollar Tree, and also run by the cemetery to put a new arrangement on my parents' graves. Supper is leftovers. The only plans for tonight are to finish my homework.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, it is cloudy now and much cooler today. Went to church, ate breakfast out, chopped up fresh cilantro and put in ice trays for the freezer, washed 20 dozen(yes that's right) eggs and repackaged to deliver to soup kitchen and food pantry. Have 20 more dozen tomorrow to do. A friend of mine has a feed store and sells chicks. They took some of the chicks home last year and they are now prolific layers, so she called me for help. Can't wait to see the look on the clients faces at the food pantry as they are not use to fresh eggs. Cleaned a flower bed around my porch, cooked broccoli cheese soup for dinner, and now going to cut coupons. That's all for today.

It was 85 yesterday and 20 degrees cooler today. Who knows what tomorrow may bring. There is no such thing as putting your summer and winter clothes in storage as we wear them year round.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-Have you ever been up here in the real winter??? Its not like on tv. No come on you dont. You want to be short of breath because ice crystals are forming in your lungs, Have snow down your collar because the wipers threw it on your seat and it ploofed off the roof of your car as you were getting in. I didnt this year but in years past I have kept frozen meat in a tub on my porch. You want the wind to cut through your clothes like your not dressed. Right now if i got locked out I could die. We have special rakes to get the first 2 feet of snow off the roof when we get a foot so it doesnt wick back in and to the house or make ice dams. When I was a kid I was almost killed by the giant iceicles that formed on the eaves.Icew storms where you watch 100' trees just whisper down. The joists of a neighbors house had to be rebuilt. IDK. maybe just seeing it on tv??lol

Went to Arbys,big lot and Kroger w/ DD to get her a few essentials. She will prob go back on the next Sun. Dh is scheduled home by Wed. so maybe they can shoot together or something. We have an indoor range across the street. The wind is even worse tonight. Just praying all the trees stay unright. At least its not an ice storm.

GB-thats lovely.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH-glad to hear your foot is better. The Dr'.s are amazed at Dh's progress and healing. I tell him he's deciduous (sp?). I hope the same for you!!

Dcpa-no. He may need a bath,but I never LIKE to do it. Course maybe ,prob.,your is much better haved than mine.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went to the soup kitchen today and then took bread stuff and frozen goods to the food pantry to give away tomorrow. Making celery root fries and salad tonight for dinner. Never cooked celery root, so we shall see. Finished another Macomber book and stated another one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Disasterous day w/ DD friend having mental health issues and not taking her lithium. DD had to go back up and get the kids and watch them until the man came home. Lots of tension and chaos. Dh and I are discussing having her come back here to live. Terms and such need to be established. She still has no license or job. We both have mixed feelings. So didnt get any laundry done or the litters. DD is still far from finishing the room clear. But she was making good progress. Confusion.chaos.

Dh will be home Wed. and has ordered me flowers for Valentines Day. I got him a little bit of candy and may home make some dipped pineapple and cookies.
    Going up to hang and watch tv.
    Wieght loss-8#.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Valentine's Day. Delivering a birthday present to a client at the soup kitchen, washing eggs and delivering them to food pantry and working at the food pantry. It's raining here and DH had to go to work early today. No plans for the evening. Spaghetti with pesto, salad, garlic bread, and lava cake for dinner.

FW2--You are in my thoughts and prayers. I know the difficulty of dealing with the mentally ill. Hang in there and take time for yourself, even if it is only a few moments.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gb-Thanks. Happy Valentines Day. Sad for the woman and mad at her for refusing to take both her meds instead of just one w/ her kids at stake. I am trying to reach my DD and see if they held her friend over or sent her home. DD and i had planned a hangout day w/ choc. and movies. Plus still hasnt seen her dad in a month or more.
    Your dinner sounds great.

Going to finish the laundry,get more sleep,play around w/ the pantry I guess.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Valentine's Day! So far I've cleaned up the kitchen and looked up some info for DH while he's working on taxes. It looks as though we'll be getting refunds from the feds and the state this year for the first time in a while.

For the rest of the day I'm doing homework, baking cookies, making some chocolate-covered strawberries, and supper might be something with chicken even though I'm now leaning toward shrimp. DH has to go to Kroger to pick up prescriptions so I may get him to pick up some shrimp too. I'll do oven fries and I've got a huge lovely salad made with all sorts of good stuff.