2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 28
Page 28 of 86 FirstFirst ... 18252627282930313878 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Happy Valentines Day!. DH sent me roses but the card was completely blank. He cracks me up. So I told him no i didnt get any flowers from him but Mr. blank sent me a beautiful bouquet.lol poor guy. He told me he found the form complicated. I laughed. I have sent my mom flowers multiple times and its very straight forward. Men are so funny. I have strawberry swirl cheesecake and am renting ARRIVAL. Not very romantic. DD and we going to dip choc and have movie night but shes still stuck at her friends.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Enjoy the cheesecake. Arrival was good. I saw it twice. DH came home with roses and opal earrings.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Fixed DH a nice dinner. TBone steak, baked potatoe, veggies. Made key lime pie with merengue. Opened a bottle of wine, ate in the dining room. He brought me a card & Heath candy bar. For us, it was just right. Nice, special, no big hubbub!
    Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH- roses & earrings! Your DH did good! How did he do on cooking dinner?

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Winkie, he made steak with mushrooms, asparagus, and a baked potato for me. It came out perfect. Oh, and he carved an apple into a swan, too!!!

I hope everyone else had a lovely evening, too.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH-shut up! thats not real life. That means I have Jerry Lewis and you got clark gable. A swan!! lol so cool. I love Opals. I like the ones that have a little imperfect in the color. I cant wait until my roses open.

Dogs got me up early. The cheesecake gave me a real stomach ache and I only ate a piece. But on the bright side 9.4# this morning. Go to the Dr. on thurs. Hopefully the A1C is behaving and the new BP dosage has worked.

Winkie sounds delicious. I decided to watch Arrival either tonight or tomorrow as DH has expressed interest and SIFFY is an interest we both share (sci-fi)

Need to tidy up. Cats loves the cardboard and the dogs stole raisin bread,Mackey guarded it so they all traded for a cookie. Yes,my animals expect a party too and when they dont get it they have their own!!

1-cruise for more stamps
    2-finish laundry and do bedding
    3-see about some dishes
    4-make brownies??
    playin it by ear,Dh wont be here until tonight after dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, Jerry Lewis and Clark Gable----too funny!

CH, your husband is a keeper! Roses AND earrings AND supper AND a swan apple!!!
    You could make a lot of extra money renting him out. LOL

Winkie, sounds like your Valentine's Day was pretty awesome too.

For Wednesday:

1) Bible study homework
    2) Revise menus
    3) Record recent expenditures
    4) Put away clean laundry
    5) Church 6:30
    6) Various piddly things.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH-really! but IK DH still wouldnt get it. I got the roses by shaming him. I said if Ds can order flowers from Poland while on deployment.. And still a blank card. Oh well,he earns decently and travels a lot.lol

Being lazy today and taking things slow. Its freezing and I feel like those hypothermic crabs on ice at the seafood market. Moving but barely. We only got a whisper of snow and the wind has lightened up but its just bitter today. I need to work in the pantry but its so cold w/o heat in there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC , did you get your shrimp?
    FW- way to go with roses& cheese cake.
    CH- your steak & mushrooms sounds great, but the swan was really above & beyond!
    I made a run to Discount Drug Mart this afternoon & got two tiny whittmans sampler hearts for 65 cents each.
    The construction crew finally finished up on Friday, got the roof vent hooked up. I can now put stuff in the bedroom closet. I did some, not sure I want to put everything back...
    The baseboard heater is the right color, but it does not come on because the room is too warm. Glad we paid extra for the big one! Will need to get the plumber back, the water doesn't get hot in the shower. I googled it & it has to do with how they adjusted the handle. I am kind of tired of all this. I did ask the guys to give me an estimate on a new front door. I need to just adopt one of those guys.
    I usually don't work on Friday, but I did last week. This week I am working 3 9 hour days, then off @ 11:00 am on Thursday & off Friday. I get to have the one year old grand daughter Thursday afternoon till late Friday evening. It should be fun. She is a little temperamental & she never stayed the night away from mommy & daddy, so wish me luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hard day. I woke up with a terrible headache. DH took me to ER. Got fluids and meds and then slept at home all day. I did manage to get laundry done. Still have a slight headache, but I have meds to get me through the night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-sorry hope you were just dehydrated or something.
    Winkie-that dumb cheesecake nearly killed me. IDK if I am dairy intolerant or I was sick??Oh I dont envy you. IDK if I could do that. An hour maybe 2 sure.

Had a bagel sandwich for lunch and i think another 1 now. I have a fasting appt. tomorrow so I'm eating very late on purpose.
    Dh made it home. He had a rough flight and is in bed now. I just been playing w/ my new stamps for hours.
    Everyone have a good day tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW2--Do you collect cancelled stamps, too? I occasionally get some from various places.

Feeling a bit better today, just a little wiped out. May do a little sewing today. Dinner is going to be roasted brussel sprouts, geen salad, beets with brown butter bread crust, roasted asparagus in panko, and grasshopper pie. The sun is shining and going to be a bit warmer, so I may do some porch sitting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-no,cancelled but not circulated. I'm not happy unless I'm spending $$ on it lol.
    Hope your better today. Enjoy the porch,I will NOT be sitting on mine.

Just got back to the house from the Dr. I been really trying to lose weight and I am down 9# but the Dr. only has 2# recorded. But I havent been there in 3 months. So thats over Christmas and maybe Thanksgiving and the dreaded Valentines Day. And even though I finally got to dose on the meds he's been pushing (They made me crawl on the floor so I didnt pass out last summer) my pressure is still 140/90. This is frustrating. We made a deal that if I can lose another 5# in 3 months I can avoid additional meds for BP. So I will lose the weight. Cant wait to see the A1C the way the day is going. Going to take a nap and hopefully hit Aldis for fresh greens and tomatoes

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Soup kitchen day and then either working on flower bed or tearing down chicken fence. Won't have much time as DH and I are going to a playoff basketball game for our local girls' team.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got lot errands to run today in town where I did live SS office see if I can draw x husband SS he passed away awhile back just found out about it go eye clinic get glasses adjusted dollar tree, Walmart, chicken place want go to SA but probably want fell like it after going everywhere else.Everyone have a good day.