2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 3
Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree I'm happy to see you too but sorry to see you are sick Feel better soon.

Nope, house is still for sale.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-what are you on. The Metformin keep you from losing as well as the insulin. Also I was reading the Labetalol was making some people rapid gain. And my experience is massive headaches and dizzyiness so not really doing as much activity. Most of the dizzyiness is gone but he wants me up one more pill. It also makes me have a stuffed nose and chest congestion it seems. Yeah meds!!! Just that the alternative is s stroke? heart attack.coma? soooo! yeah. Sorry you feel like Doo DOO!

CH-so sorry about your Uncle
    I did laugh about lost the list because I lose it in the groc. I have to leave it under the edge of my keyboard for jobs. I do have a clip on the fridge and kids are finally gone. hahaha,Dmom was alway too structured and had a running list so ddad used to add silly stuff and she would get all "get out here" fussy w/ him and "for goodness sakes what wrong w/ you?"

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree, my last bout with flu started with a bad sore throat. Do you have any zinc drops or vitamin C tablets?

Haven't found my list, but have been sorting and cleaning things anyway. I finally filed all the 2016 paperwork and paid the year end property taxes. AND I called my bank and told them what I thought about their new $6 a month checking account fee. They moved me to a "basic" account with no fees. I wonder how many customers will not notice, or will just accept the new fee.

The latest cold front is moving through. Temp has dropped 10F in the past 4 hours. I can feel it in the house. Brown + White kitty was on the deck this morning but he bolted when he saw me in the kitchen window. I think he is feral and frightened of people. Too bad, he is so handsome.

Hope everyone is having a good start to the new year.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

duplicate post
    Last edited by pinetree; 01-03-2017 at 04:40 PM.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

http://http://myheart.net/articles/m...n-weight-loss/

FW, I'm on a 1/2 tablet of metformin, I cant remember what the other one was but been on this for quite a while now.
    I have been messing up with all the cookies, etc, need to get busy and get some of this weight off. ha....
    heres a lose weigth article about metformin, I really havent had trouble with it, getting dizzy, and no congestion, if that happens I have to go into the ER asap, having congestive heart failure.. lol

CH, Thanks I need to call the Dr. and find out what I can take, everything now has to be approved, I keep hearing about the zinc, but havent asked about it. I had the flu shot, so hopefully I am covered..
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree so sorry you are sick hope you will be felling better soon.There are wells around here just not on this place everyone went to City water out here in country and the people who has a well would probably have to have them cleaned out and get pump before using them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

cleaning up my mess, please ignore....lol
    Last edited by pinetree; 01-03-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thanks erma!

We were told when we bought this that the well was capped when water lines came thru. she thought she knew about where it was, but i would have to take the pic and shovels out and dig , for I dont know how long.. but would sure like to find it, water didnt get ran out here until the 70's, if you can believe that! we still have the big water cisern under the back steps/porch, we thought about using it for rain water, now its legal to collect it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-metformin 2 tabs 2x a day. and the Labetalol is the hard one I get 2-2x a day but I am only up to 1 in the morning and 2 when I go to bed. The labetalol was the dizzying one and the pass out one actually. Both will make me nauseous occasionaaly right after I take them, but mostly thats the Insulin. That is like a rocket when It goes in at times. Mostly in the beginning. I may just be sensitve. I took a HBP meds 1 time that made me real dizzy but it also made me feel like something was crawling under my skin and yell alot. That obviously didnt last too long. Also,I may be getting bad interaction for myself personally. Dmom is always saying I should spread them out. Which is fine in theory but ID want to forget them altogether. I'm just a wreck apparently

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

we have a well. a private deep one which is why we also have an osmosis system. When all the systems work right the taste is no taste and so cold but it is so brackish here w/o it and sulphury. So nasty. The sewer was put in after the 70's. The house was built in 1972 and IK they had septic. They were super cheap so i assume they waited about as long as they could.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pine - hope you feel better soon.
    I'm making large batch of mashed potatoes (actually I peeled and hubby will cook and mix them). Going to freeze much of these.
    After supper - sewing and read the library book that must be returned. I should also work on the club newsletter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

wholly cow FW, wow, that's a lot of meds! I am on a bpm, but only take 1/2 tablet, they are really tiny, then my 1/2 heart pills, well plus all the other junk, I'm down to 7 now, that's including my aspirin. I don't want anymore!

I have mine in a weekly pill box, then in the morning, my computer reminds me to take them, I have a habit of not eating in the morning, and some of those need taken kinda early, and I have to eat first. I have been having breakfast at around 1 pm, lately, yeah ,I know..... My calcium, I take one a week, but cannot have anything to eat, and cannot eat or drink for 30 min. after taking the pill.. what a pain!! Guess I not taking much and should just be thankful!! Hope your meds work out soon!

Wow you have a new house!! This was built in 1902, really...Sewer came in late here to but not sure when , ours is the old clay tile sewer, costs too much to run pipe nowdays.

dircpa, are you making any hashbrowns? They are really easy to make too. Thanks for the well wiishes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pine tree all perspective. My last house was 1948. So yeah. But so many new subs here-no. We are at the stage that SO many things need sprucing and replacing. Oh I take folic acid 2x a day and a gummy vitamin 2x,and another BP and lipitor,B-12. I should be taking calcium but when? Oh also 2 insulins-one rescue and one long lasting. Like I said-a mess.
    It isnt funny but we are city folk used to sewer and city water. So i kept telling DH the pump sounded funny-its fine,water pressures down-its fine. OK DEAR then why is there sand in the upstair bathroom drain. We had a holes and it was sucking dirt. He's blowing out the door for England and I got 2 young kids and no water. The guy comes out and says he cant get down the road and even if he could there is too much ice build up because its January. What a trip. Luckily we got it back a week later. About $2600. but the grossest part was that the cap wasnt sealed on and he said we were prob. having tons of bugs get in there!.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, sorry you are sick. My shingle blisters are starting to dry up, but they are still kind of sensitive. I am on the taper off stage of the serious. FW, you sure do have a lot of meds. It is scary that you get dizzy from them.

I got my list done. Putting the shelves together prompted a closet cleaning. Did the first sweep anyway. Have a box of books to pass on, and got DH to go through a box of papers that are now on their way to the shredder. Found DD#1's scrapbook I made when she graduated & it brought tears to my eyes.
    I washed my Christmas table cloth & thought I ruined it, I carelessly added the holiday towel in the same load. I rewashed it & I think it is ok. I put beans to soak & will try my luck at crock pot bean soup tomorrow.
    Tomorrow:
    Work on packing bathroom
    Make soup
    Empty compost

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got my list done
    1-4 list
    Go pay some bills
    Go walMart get light bulbs and furance filters probably few groceries
    clean utility room

Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast