2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 33
Page 33 of 86 FirstFirst ... 23303132333435364383 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I attempted to clean up the screened porch but DH has most of the floor space cluttered with tools. The problem is he had NO system for storing them. I've offered to help him deal with the mess in the basement so he can have a nice work/storage area but he hasn't done anything. Which means I'll have to start the project myself and then he'll join in. But I can't do it yet because he's not through replacing the Hardie board on the back of the garage, which is 2 stories tall and he's doing it by himself so it's slow. Actually this summer will probably be a better time to do the basement since it's much cooler down there and it'll be a good respite from the heat.

For Saturday:

1) Start working on end-of-month finances
    2) Set up some online accounts/order some stuff online/etc.
    3) Mop
    4) Clean our bathroom really well
    5) Continue going through some stuff to sell/donate

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

we just had 3 big storm cells move thru and only got a tinge of rain. I feel so blessed. ID need no power all this week w/ DH gone. Spoke too soon the dogs are barking and the storm is booming. Making me super dizzy. Took some migraine meds for sure.

Got zero done and am so irritated. I want to clean the main bedroom theres still L.O. stuff from kids days like extra kids blankets and clothes I need to let go of.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-I'll tell ya Ds trashed our and I threw out 2 huge garbage bags of stuff,about 50 cans of paint wenet ot recycle and then I quit. DH went in there and cluttered up the bench top by taking everything off the floor when it flooded. I just want to brain him because thats where it will stay. I need to grab him etween trip and just Want this, want that. But he keep way too much. Years ago I had painted it and gotten rubbermaid drawers and smart bits drawers all organized but everyone blew that up too. DH "made a new stand out of wood for the fan I was going to toss. I mean frugal and monster inventions are diff. $20. for a new fan,so toss it. Use your time to clean it. IK it will come down to me,as always.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, DH went and did the shopping this evening, with no prompting from me and no complaining! He bought a HUGE bag of puffed rice cereal and two giant bags of marshmallows. LOL, never seen one that big before. He bought all the vegetables I asked for, I promised him soup tomorrow and he loves soup.

ILC, we had a tool storage problem here too. 3 of everything and can't find 1 in the mess. So one year for Valentine's or Father's Day I went down to Sears and got one of those big rolling tool chests on sale. And the following year I got the chest that sits on top of it.

Dlrcpa, thanks, I have a recipe. My problem was we were out of cocoa powder and chocolate, and I had asked DH to buy a mix and he forgot. I like to stock up on the mixes when they are 88c. But tonight he bought two tins of cocoa, so I see brownies in my future.

Had clouds move through but still dry here. Below freezing tonight. I don't think they have a clue what is going on tomorrow.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH-wow we never go that low~!I can get $1. on cake and brownies but thats about it. So nice he shopped. Hope things are still progressing well.

So IDK if anyone is interested but Discountmags.com is having a 48hr. sale for $4.90 on many magazine subscriptions. I got weight watchers for $4.90/6 and waived $4.30/6 2nd year. I figure It couldnt hurt. Trying to eat healthy and lose 40# this year(to start). Down 8#,went up 1# and now back to 8# off.

Gotta make a quick groc. run for meds and Kroger has green grapes for .99# and I find they suit me better than pop and I'm working to move away from processed sugar. Also FYI DD is right. Pineapple juice worked so well to flush a lot of the congestion out of my body. Feeling much better that way.

so
    try out my new vaccumn
    play w/ stamps and read a bit
    quick groc. stop
    maybe get a sub for lunch-no sauce/eat 1/2 w/ water. (Arbys)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. It is sunny, but 36. Taking the morning easy as I will be spending the afternoon well into the night helping with a huge dinner/auction fundraiser for the soup kitchen. I probably won't need to be rocked to sleep tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello all, seems everyone is busy. I have not gotten any big projects done, but taking care of daily & weekly chores pretty well.
    Today I have DD1's little girl who is 2. The ex son in law called & asked me if I would keep her today &
    overnight. When he dropped her off, the new wife came to the door too & I met her for the first time. I know she is very nice, but it is still hard to believe he is married already ( 4 months after the divorce). So having fun with the little one. She helped put laundry in washer & dryer, played with dolls, then lunch & she is down for a nap. I think we will make cookies when she wakes up.
    Went to a quarter auction last night with DD1 & 6 of her previous in-laws. It was fun, but I did not come home with anything. It was a benefit for Relay for Life, so a good cause.
    Yesterday it was 70 degrees & today it is snowing...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got my 4 things done although I want to spend more time on the paid work this evening. I made corn muffins and buttermilk bread w/ cinnamon chips instead of regular bread. Making chili for supper so the corn muffins for that. I hope for cheap bread at Safeway tomorrow. I just informed hubby he needs to deal w/ all the dirty pots & pans. Sunday:
    1. Safeway
    2. paid work at home
    3 ???? would like to spend more time at garden, depends on the weather.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I moped living room-kitchen both bath room and my bedroom was to tired to tackle small br.Will try do that next week along with cleaning blinds and wiping off window seals cleaning glass door and windows inside.Everyone have a good week end

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think I have perfected the art of doing nothing this week. Some of the dizzyness went away so i did a small Kroger shop and got my meds. Tried to nap 2x but Mackey had other ideas. IDK where the day went except I was only computer a lot.
    Gotta grab something to eat and maybe go to bed. Can this whatever itis be over please. Starting to wear on my self worth.
    Hope everyones doing well

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The gala for the soup kitchen was a huge success, but I was really tired when I got home last night. DH let me sleep in this morning. I am doing laundry and that is about it today along with cutting coupons.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My visit with GD went well. We made cookies, she got to crack an egg & pour stuff in the mixer ( with help). She requested spaghetti for supper & ate like a champ. She really speaks plainly for a 2yo and knows what she is talking about.
    She slept all night & was an angel in church. she needed a nap, but I wanted her to eat lunch first. Her dad came early & she was happy to see him, but then had a little melt down as they were leaving. He is not good about making sure she has her nap, so I hope they were going straight home, or she will not hold up.
    We had baked steak & mashed potatoes for lunch. It was yummy & have enough for two more meals. May put one in the freezer.
    Coming week will be busy. DH's birthday is Wednesday, so we will do something small, Then Sunday we are having all the kids & grands over for dinner.
    This week I need to get my menu together & get cleaning & shopping scheduled. I can't do everything in one day so will need to parse it out.
    We had snow on the ground this AM, but it is mostly melted. It was 27 degrees when we went to church.
    Everyone have a relaxing Sunday afternoon!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went to church came home had company my ds and his gf came by then dd from out state called said they be here in june then me and a friend went to a viewing of a 57 year old man that died wed .night of a massive heart attack him and his family attended church were we do he was a very nice man.Look like we will be getting rain real soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Had a quiet peaceful day and vaccumned a few areas w/ more to go. Did 1/2 the litter boxes and got a barrel out for tomorrow. Looked at coupons but nothing. Trying to eat better and plan days in advance. I weigh again tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Church, breakfast,made cookies, then took special-needs nephew to see Singin' in the Rain on the big screen. For the rest of the day I have to go through coupons, look at calendar for next week, and straighten up the den.