2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 36
Page 36 of 86 FirstFirst ... 263334353637383946 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH-I just dont know. IDK if its the heart slowing meds,poorer previous nutrution ,the flu or what but enough already. I keep upping my game and clearly its not enough. MOre water,better nutirtion,lost 8#,upped the LT insulin,working on the less erratic sleep schedule.More activity would be better but its difficult when my feet get so tender and I feel like I'm going to faint on and off. I was even wondering if that fall at Christmas goofed me up chiro wise. I have a gym memebership and I'm raring to use it but ATM I dont want to have SH out of town. IDK. But in any case thanks.
    I had to laugh about the jeans. I have to order those for DH next. He has this terrible bleached out spots,faded jeans. Those are fine. He tore a hole in teh pocket of new replacements. I bought an iron on patch so he can use them as work jeans but now he needs going out jeans.

Didnt do much today. DDis coming at 6 to grab and dash her computer. Losing my temper about her room again because she is stalling me. I find it insulting and will have to give her less food until cleans her room. Such a dumb game. I just want my house back.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH I hope you get a good Dr. report. FW I hope your energy holds up, you sound busy.
    Saturday: dog to vet, bake things & freeze using pumpkin, paid work at home.

I started listening to the new Jodi Picoult book "Small Great Things". Seems really good. I quit in the middle of the murder/thriller I was listening too. Just too stressful in addition to everything else that is going on. Need to keep stress level down!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am having trouble staying on task...
    Thursday instead of cleaning, I found a couple errands to run. Today, I managed to do dishes & clean two bathrooms, as well as go pick up my meat order & get some veggies for the relish tray. So, I did do a little, but I expected to have a lot more done ...
    Tomorrow is prep day for the party Sunday. I will chop veggies for the relish tray. Cut up fruit, make cake, cupcakes & dinner rolls, deviled eggs. Also need to get tables figured out. Will have 19 for dinner, but can use 2 high chairs. Will put eight adults in dining room & will set up banquet table in sun room for kids.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. It is chilly and I think going to rain today. Watching grandsons play soccer via FaceTime since I can't be there in person. Planning on working on quilt pieces today. Making lemon bars and putting together a squash casserole for the freezer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good morning to you all. DH is back as of 3am ish this morning. The dogs are so happy. DD whirled in like a hurricane last night,grabbed her computer,my spinach and pea pods,a few snacks for the household,her books,and a marvel comic game I was donating hug me and was gone.?? bye? I told her her new name was hurricane of chaos and destruction. She looks good,more confident and thinner I think. Just wish she drove!
    Off to see Dh and I guess Aldis to restock the fresh greens and eggs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Still at work. Finally caught up. Might be back on when I get home. Where's Pinetree? Is she ok?
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Niko! Come back anytime! I've tried to check on pinetree but have heard nothing. She wasn't feeling well for a while before she went MIA from here so I'm wondering if another heart attack?? Anyway, whatever the issue is, I know she would appreciate prayers and good thoughts.

fw, our DD and the fiance were coming over last night for supper and of course we heard nothing from them. SIGH Good that you're doing better. Vertigo hit me bad last evening. I'll spare you the details but it was messy. Feeling better today but I'm still in my jammies and have finally gotten around to laundry.

CH, dlrcpa, Winkie, Gbug, ermadunk, Tine, and anyone I missed, Hi!

It's been around freezing the past couple of nights but the days have been beautiful. The next 15 days are supposed to be lows in 40s and 50s and highs in low 70s, so winter is gone. The local weather people have called it "The Winter that Wasn't." Things are growing that shouldn't be yet.

For Saturday:

1) Unload/reload/run dishwasher DONE
    2) Plan week's menus DONE
    3) Do laundry IN PROGRESS

Today is National Pound Cake Day so I may make one for DH.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW- at least you got a hug!
    ILC- sorry your DD didn't show & sorry to hear you have had more vertigo. Hang in there.

I got a lot done, but when DH got home, I had a couple issues to report: Dough didn't rise for rolls. My 9 y/o GS looks forward to home made rolls... Vacuum clean croaked. I took it apart as much as I could & couldn't find the problem. We decided to go to Sam's & get a new one. DH asked if I looked for plugs, which I did, but didn't find... Took hose off, dropped a skewer through, but it didn't go through. DH suggested using the flag pole to push through the hose ( doesn't everyone use their flag pole for this task?). Anyway the flag pole treatment worked, and when I went in the kitchen, the dough had risen! I think the heating feature must have gone out on the bread machine. So back to the kitchen!
    It was 21 degrees this morning, not sure how warm it got. The snow is all melted off. I have crocus in bloom.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-sorry about the DD consistancy. I understand that mine is finally on her own however could ya come and clean the rest of your mess.What that you say? lol Her room is way less but still looks like the pictures you see after a tornado. Garbage and good things all mixed together.

Just kinda chilled today. Tomorrow cat box/garbage day but I hope we can at least take a little drive. Just a change of scenery in the winter does a person good. Shared a french dip w/o the au ju. Had a few apricots. Have lost about 9#. Dang is this slow. BUT better than the other direction.
    Good to have DH home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Winkie-Ha ha I have a designated wooden spoon and some old chop sticks!. Our old one has a stupid design where the cup has a structure in the middle. Now if you live in a dust only house fine. But we have cat hair and dog hair,hair ties-oops,fluff from ripped up toys and everything in between. I got this Hoover thru Target. So the new one I got so I dont have to drag a vaccumn upstairs anymore is also a Hoover but designed for pets fur-we shall see. I got it On DEAL of the DAY on Amazon thru the BARGAINSTOBOUNTY site I am a member of for $75ish. W/ teh old one I had gotten proficient at hose removal at the base as well as chop suey cleanouts! I still cant get the new belts on though.
    I usually just rise my dough over night in a cold oven or in a 300 degree oven if is day. I Remember ringing hot towels when I made bread origially. And it over rising and the towel print in the dough.lol Sorry your didnt rise.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A customer scolded me in the supermarket yesterday for looking for the freshest carrots. It was so weird, and I was laughing when she left.

We're having friends over for dinner tonight.

Today:

Meal plan
    Clean bathroom
    Clean kitchen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine--She must have been bored. lol

DH got home in the wee hours of the morning I guess. There are dirty clothes all over my laundry room. Guess I will be doing laundry and more sewing today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW- I used to have a Kirby that I could take apart like a pro. I had girls with long hair so the beater bar was always full. I used to put the head of it in the vise in the garage to work on it easier. This one is a Hoover with a bag. I hate those cup things you have to empty. It is only a few years old, but probably the last one on earth that takes a bag. We don't have pets or long haired girls anymore, so I don't know why it plugged. It was just fuzz from the new carpet, but it was big & it was packed!
    The dough did rise eventually, so I formed the rolls & put in fridge. I bought back up rolls at Sam's Club, but they are not as good. I should have gone to Meijers & gotten Rhodes frozen roll dough, but I was tired of running around all over. I still had to go home & frost cake & cupcakes.
    Got my tables all set up this morning & vacuuming done. Taking a break before I peel potatoes. I skipped church, but DH went.
    I don't buy my DH a birthday gift, he just wants a homemade dinner with the kids. It always turns into a big deal. It would be easier to buy him something or go away for the weekend, but he's a pretty good guy so I do it for him

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW- meant to say good deal on the upstairs vacuum. I probably should start looking for one in case this one croaks. I think I have 30 bags for it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OH Winkie-I always hated those bags. Ya fill them too full and they are so hard to get out over the zipper or smell like dusty dog or heated stinky feet. I donated my bags long ago and never looked back. I must have have 100's at least. lol my dad figured out how to re-use the bags. Just yuck. I have to get motivated and open the new one. I want to vaccomn the bedroom wal w/ the brush and see if I absolutely have to scrub them or not. Hope the dinner goes well. I make Dh beef tips and noodles per request for his birthday and choc. cake. I agree on the rolls-Krogers taste like dried paper even w/ butter.

Need to rouse DH to do cat pans and garbage. Just want to let him sleep.

Page 36 of 86 FirstFirst ... 263334353637383946 ... LastLast