2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 4
Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning! We didn't get Christmas put away entirely so will finish that today. We need to go to the gym and I need to change sheets and do a load of laundry.

CH I'm sorry for your loss. As for the brown and white kitty I hope he comes back. A few years ago my sister had a feral cat that came and went in her yard. She put out food for him and left him alone. When winter came she worried and put a wooden box under the deck with a light bulb in it covered with a can. She tucked blankets or something in there too. She snapped on the light at night so it warmed the box and he would sneak into it at night and sleep there. Eventually he got so he'd come up on the deck but would run if she came out. They progressed slowly and now he's an indoor cat He goes out in the summer but in the winter he's 100% indoors, uses the litter box and is quite happy to be a family member. So brown and white kitty may get to that stage too. Once he's used to seeing you move around he might settle down and appear more often.

Pinetree how are you feeling today?

Winkie so sorry to hear you've been dealing with the shingles. I had a bout of that several years back and it was brutal. Just miserable.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

These Christmas decorations just don't want to be gone! I got them all packed away, now I just need to move them out to the storeroom.

I got my new electric lawnmower yesterday. Of course, I had to take it out and see how it worked. There's no grass to mow and the leaves are too wet to mulch, but it ran beautifully! So simple to start - hold down a button and pull back the handle. It's not self-propelled, but it's very light and easy to push. Hopefully, that will still be the case when there is actually grass to cut.

Pinetree, once I'm able to actually use it to cut grass or mulch leaves, I'll let you know how it works. I was able to use my Discover cashback bonus and got it from Amazon for $93.82. Then I spent another $40 for a heavy duty extension cord.

2017 To-Do Challenge-electric-lawnmower.jpg

I cooked a roast in the crockpot overnight. Just put it in the fridge to get cold so it will be easy to slice. Also put the juices in there so I can remove the fat easily and thicken it for gravy.

For today:
    Move those decorations to the storeroom!
    Slice up that roast, make the gravy and cook some vegetables to go with it. I'm thinking cabbage and carrots.
    Start sorting thru my closet for items to donate. There will be a lot

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. So sorry to hear that many of you are sick and on so many meds. I am down to only my blood thinner and I'm going to make an appointment with my neurologist to see if I can get off it or get a milder one.

Walked 1.68 miles yesterday as the front was blowing in. The sun is out but it is really cold. Going to bundle up and do it again today. Have to wonder if it is better to die from stroke/heart attack or freeze to death. Today:

Laundry
    Grocery shopping
    vacuum and mop floors

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CHAOS. Ds got married yesterday and texted Dad in an oh by the way text. He deploys today. She started a FB acct so we can "get to know" her. I am devistated. I now have to take off to get DD. She is staying a few days to clean out the room. What could go wrong. Everyone in my life acts like they are nuts.??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

winkie, ugh, glad to hear you are doing ok, BF, had them she had to get a shot so many weeks after having them.. I feel so bad for people getting them, it looks just horrible. I hope yours are gone very fast!

erma, You are really doing good with your lists!! WTG!

Hikr,, hi!!, I'm here, does that sound positive, cause thats all I got! Thanks for asking!

wj, wow that's a nice looking lawnmower! Yes, let me know how she does! um I never thought about the extension cord, that might be a problem.. I have a hedge trimmer that's electric, and I always cut thru the big orange extension cords, it has now been taken away from me, hahaha... wonder if I would mow over this one. lol

Gbug, you need my electric throw to take with you on your walks to keep you warm, wtg on that distance!! lol, and the extension cord.
    They took me off thinners after 6 months, now all I have is the little aspirin I take everyday. I am on my heart pills for the rest of my life.

CH, Keep it up with the kittens, all of mine were that way, even my old ones. they need to come out of their survival mode and learn to trust you, It takes time, but is so worth it. Sweet Pea, was like that, now she the one that wont leave my side..
    We have heat lamps outside for the ones we cant get in, every once in awhile another stray is seen out there warming up.. I would hate to see someone freeze or starve when I can help..

Tine, thinking about you,, hope your doing great on your tests..

ILC , ok now I am starting to worry.. Hope all is well...

Well we are ready for the next storm, should be here this afternoon, yippee a foot of snow... foothills are looking at 2 feet! ugh.. the kids are suppose to fly out Sat, the airport is already canceling flights.. so wlll see what happens.. they really don't want to miss the convention, but may have no choice. When this new airport was built, they said it would never have weather problems, hahaha, for one they built it in the middle of tornado alley, and the weather out there is horrible... this is suppose to last for a few days.. ugh.. I sure am not a fan of cold weather anymore...

I wanted to be all better , but,, my throat is worse than yesterday, so I'm just doing nothing and staying warm... at least I am not getting the flu, so far.. so I'm lucky there...

Stay warm and have a great day everyone!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Was 11 this morning when I got up and went to yoga. Not bad now in the sun, it is 20 out.

FW, I hope your DS stays safe and you and your new DiL get along well. GB, hope your walk is not too cold!

Have not seen the porch cats today, the grey one has not been around for a couple days. I think she has a home, though. I hope so, it is too cold for pets outside, even furry ones. I can't put food out for them because we have a raccoon problem in this area, and I can't prevent them from getting at it. If I open the door to put food out while the cats are here, they just bolt and don't come back.

Yesterday started out well, and then while I was organizing some hobby stuff the blankity-blank earring fell out again. The stud fell on my foot. No idea where the back is, I will probably not find it this time. Just as well, I can't wear them if they keep falling out.

Stopped at the grocery this morning, they had a few good deals. Bacon wrapped beef tenders for 1.99, canned mandarins for .88 and .78, Lean Cuisine entrees 1.66, and Gorton's fish 2.99. Not fancy, but stuff DH can prepare. The .78 can of mandarins is on sale all month so I will get more of those (they were limit 1) later. I love them on spinach salad.

Going to make a big batch of oatmeal raisin cookies this afternoon. Then broccoli soup for dinner.

We are supposed to get snow tonight, they are saying 4-6", but I don't think it will be that much, personally.

Take care, everyone.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, I'm fine, I went to the library yesterday and have finished one book and started another. So don't worry about me! You just rest and get well. Call the doctor---strep throat is going around here and other places, and you sure don't need that.
    I didn't watch all the Sugar Bowl. It was just too frustrating. Oh well. I still love my team.
    Your kitties really have it good.
    I've been checking your location on the weather channel website. Gracious, it's cold out there.

fw, wow. Just...wow. Well, here's hoping that your DS's wife is a nice person that you'll end up loving.
    Did DD show up? You mentioned going to get her?? Our DD sent us a long and sappy text about how much she loves us, blah blah blah, and she promises to spend more time with us, blah, blah, blah. She was supposed to come over yesterday but of course she didn't show up and of course we haven't heard from her. I keep telling DH we need to put the monetary Christmas gift back in the bank but he "just can't do that to my sweet baby girl."

Winkie, I'm glad the shingles is (are?) getting better somewhat.

hikr, welcome back!

Gbug, that cold front is headed toward us. Saturday's high will be in 30s with a 60% chance of rain and snow.

Jean, did you get your car washed? I'm like you--why pay money when I can do it myself.

Tine, hope all is going well at school.

CH, my favorite vegetable salad is baby spinach, lots of thinly-sliced red onion, mandarin oranges, coarsely chopped pecans, and raspberry vinegrette, which I think I misspelled. I can't eat cooked spinach but raw spinach is awesome.

ermadunk, sorry about your water bill. Our cable bill went up $5 this month, and the last three months of last year it went up a couple of dollars a month. We're looking at alternatives. We love our internet through them but the cable stinks.

dlrcpa, hi!

Sorry about anyone I missed.

Yesterday I went to Dollar Tree, Kroger, and library. I now have three frozen turkeys in the freezer, each bought for 79 cents a pound, plus I got two pounds of Smithfield bacon for 2.99 each. I also made restaurant reservations for our retired group's luncheon later this month and sent out a reminder email to everyone. Got my hair cut and colored this morning and we've got church tonight. I've emptied/reloaded the dishwasher, done some dishes by hand, changed the litter box, and done some decluttering. For supper we're having leftovers from the past few nights.

For Thursday:

1) Aldi and Walmart
    2) Do laundry
    3) Keep an eye on The Weather Channel
    4) Keep up with Bible study homework

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

All 3 done today
    1-5 list
    1- do some baking cake and probably bananas muffins
    2-clean in guest bed room it got to been a catch all.
    3-recopy my freezer and pantry list

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, lol, I never thought about reading,, the mind kept going to someone being sick,, gotta think positive!!
    your cats are the same way!!
    Yep, put the money back in the bank. sounds like someone needs to learn theres circumstances to things..

FW, I'm sorry, I would be so disappointed...Wow, I know we use to do that in the 70's but thought these kids had learned from it... maybe they got married so she can pay his bills, since his checks will go right to her now?

CH, like these? this is 2 of the 4 babies from this year.

2017 To-Do Challenge-0714162049a.jpg
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW2--This could be a blessing in disguise. Get to know your DIL and things may change.
    Pinetree--Thanks for the encouragement. I hate taking meds. Walked another 1.68 this evening. It was invigorating. I did wear a hat and gloves.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-IDK he has no CC bill from before as I just paid $579. at Christmas to help him out as he was deploying and i knew he had a low limit and he needed a storage unit. His bills are set on auto so?? She isnt preggers,they knew each other a month and he convinced her to do this according to her "he asked". I guess her family is furious too. He shut his facebook off to anything but texts. She runs a housekeeping business according to her and has a big cute dog.She was sporting a pretty nice ring. When I facebook friended her she called me ma'am and apologised a bunch of times. Idk where or how they met,or her maiden name or much. DD has been chatting back and forth as positively as possible to gain info. Idk if this is a catfish con or as real as it gets after a month. This impusive stuff can be my DS. He drove seperate to his graduation and left directly after it as we stood stupidly waiting for him to come out after for pictures, DH said he could drive seperate and i should have yelled no louder. It seems the Army didnt mature him as much as i"d hoped. I need some time to sort this one out.

ILC.-picked up DD where she is living and had lunch at KFC. Drve back and shes cleanig out her stuff from the bathroom. And had paties w/ us and is now working on the room. We are getting along ok but I am not just interested in a visit this time. We need big progress on her mess.

Got nothing done today for obvious reasons.
    tomorrow
    -put away 3 loads of laundry I just washed
    -call for Mackey to get meds and an appt. for HW and tail check
    -work more on hand washing some dishes
    -run into the wall head first until I pass out-JK mostly.

I still have to call dmom=yuck.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-always the nice spin. So shocked right now. When he went to college he left me his dog,The Army another dog.OK this is a bit much. lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW- I can only imagine your dissappointment. Hang in there. Hope your visit with your DD went ok.
    Pinetree, you need to get well!
    Everyone is so busy, I need to take notes to keep up with everyone. CH, maybe you can get different backs for those earrings.
    I got my list done. Ran dishwasher, load of clothes, took out compost, cleaned fridge. Made soup. The soup did not get done. Soaking the beans 24 hours, then cooking in crockpot all day & they were still hard. Put it all in the pressure cooker. For 40 minutes & they got done! They need a little more seasoning, not sure what. Worked on clearing closet in bathroom. Man do I have a lot of crap! I have enough shampoo & lotion, etc for the entire county. Threw some away, some is getting donated to the police department. So tomorrow I need more work on BR, contractors will be here Monday. Need to unload & reload DW.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Winkie-DD will be here a few days She needs to clean out her room. And visit her animals.

In a more whimsical bent-Mackey has gathered all the Christmas toys and stuffed them under the cushion of his couch, I got home and he had krunckle face. Which ususally means he thinks he's in trouble. Hunter has been breaking them all and even got 1 outside pat Dh. I just had to laugh because we are talking 20 or more toys. and he waas trying to get the cushion back on. Smart dog/dumb dog.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I haven't read your posts since I posted.

I'm on my way to an 8 hour outdoor field trip to the nature area we're working on in our asignments. It's cold, windy, and snowing today, so I hope I can keep warm.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lille_Vildmose

The Eastern and Southern coasts of Denmark had up to 6 ft floods yesterday and it's still causing truble this morning. The storm last week pushed a lot of sea water into the Baltic Sea, and it is on it's way back to the North Sea now. As far as I know none of my family is affected of the flood. The vacation home at the sea is on a Western score.

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by Tine; 01-05-2017 at 03:46 AM.

Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast