2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 43
Page 43 of 86 FirstFirst ... 334041424344454653 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

RR1-welcome. Thats all out of my realm so if you want to share pictures done or at diff stages that would be interesting to me.

So i sensed DH was not very pleased i was keeping my 15" monitor thats OLD and recycled from another job when he worked for HP w/ no shut off button. So I looked at SAMS Club. And purchased an HP 21.5" IPS LED backlit monitor for $129.. w/ tx. shipped free. There is tech savings of $20. on that until 4/11 also. I compared Walmart and Microcenter,and a few others. So DH is happy. I keep forgetting there are no kids to tak ecare of and as long as I am no spending frivilous its ok. It was so easy. So now I have to empty this desk.=thats the hard part.

Winkie-mmm popcorn. I found this michgan made popcorn w/ olive oil and no anything added except white cheddar. Wouldnt mind a bit more. Just have to watch my carbs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just spent an hour on Ebay looking at purses. The 1 I have has a broken zipper and its past time. Very overwhelming. I like black and compartments. I usually just happen to see one at the S.A. and grab it for about $7. I have sticker shock. I am just realizing also I dont need a mom purse. This is a weird process. I can do what i want.HOws that work?lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Got the rest of the garden weeded and one part of the compost box done. My eldest DS and wife made a surprise visit yesterday on their way home from a camping trip. I gathered a few radishes yesterday. Happy spring to everyone. Working at the soup kitchen this morning, got to make a Walmart run for bird seed and stain for my porch swing. DH and I have to take some homestead papers to the tax office after he gets off work. I have some old water hose that are going to magically disappear today too. The outdoor cleanup has begun and what DH doesn't know, won't hurt him. Have a great day!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-sound like my dad. He was always making something out of obvious garbage.
    And my dh who saved the last non working sump which I made him throw out and the recycle raven grabbed. He's keeping the last old one w/ the sticking arm for now-in case we want to burn the house down apparently. Or I guess me-I just let go of 2 cat furniture pieces that could have been,but I never would have, recarpeted. I got one from the garbage and paid $10. for the other. We are all so silly.
    So after I got the computer and monitor,I bought some more collectible stamps,and I'm bidding on 2 purses. Thats a lot of let go of $$ for me at once esp. after the sump. Still need a wallet,shoes,hair cut,new vehicle-oh my!lol I'm teetering betweem a safety pile in the bank and using things so old it makes my life more difficult. I cant wait for the new computer now because this one is so slow and buggy. IK some people couldnt get the concept that I choose to use junk but we were very poor for awhile. And his income has kept going nicely but it comes at a hard earned price w/ all these trips. Its the anniversary of his last surgery this month and I cant believe its been a yr.

It is so drab today and could start raining any time but most of the snow is gone-woot. Our backyard is a pigpen of mud though and my 3 little piglets are so gross. Hunty must have been digging last night. He always wants to come in and jump all over me for a cookie.I just wish we had a utility room like my childhood home.
    Headed out in a bit to Sams for groc,paper towels and such. GOing to cruise around if I can just for the excercise.
    Everyone have a nice day. No more gardening talk allowed though.lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB- I want to hear all about gardening, even though I am months behind you. We will have to ask FW to close her eyes when gardening topics come up
    FW you will love the new monitor! Now that I have a larger one on my home computer & two huge ones on my work computer, I can never go back. I love the dual screens on my work computer, I could use three sometimes.
    Yes purses can be quite pricey... My DD1 is a purse snob & spent what I consider an obscene amount on them. I can keep the same one forever, but do want real leather. I now have the grandma purse, usually some gold fish crackers or Cheerios, occasionally gummy fruit snacks & lots of Kleenex. I have the Frozen purse pack tissues, so I am a cool grandma.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB -I wanted to add that I hung on to my old hose because I saw on Pinterest that you can cut it up & paint it to look like snakes to keep the birds from eating the seeds. They completely dug up & ate whole rows a couple years ago. But I still don't have the snakes made yet!

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Not much happening here today. It is already 80 out. Yesterday we hit a record 87F. AC on in March, unbelievable. Looking forward to the cool spell later this week.

Messing about with flower pots. Got some marigold seed I saved from the plants I bought last year, and a couple heads I pinched from the city garden. Going to try pinks and snapdragon from seed, they tend to do well when i buy them. Also planting morning glory. One year we had some climb all over our lilac tree and it was beautiful. I keep trying to recreate that but they never survive.

I think I will do some foil packet fish on the grill tonight. No sense heating up the kitchen.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Winkie you can stand there all day hammering nails to make a sprinkler but I'm not doing IT!!lol Gardening-lalallalalalalalalaaI cant hear yoooou. No to snakes,snakes in the zoo behind glass, rubber snakes,pictures of snakes in books,knitted toy cloth snakes and movies w/ any snake no matter how small.. Bleh!! I actually have a green thumb and no where to use it!

So I lost me cheap,money hoarding mind and I like it. I went to Sams and made it rain. I got 2 pairs of skechers,1 for working out,2 extra cover your behind tshirts,a PB book,a pkg. of reading glasses, 8 new towels all towels are $4.91 now from $8. ,2 new pillows. I also got strawberries,raspberries, a cooked chicken softball sized oranges,a huge bag of walnuts,steak,a big bag of string cheese and paper plates so I dont have to do dishes sometimes. Also got Maxx 3 cases of cat food and 4 canisters of temptations. I walked aroung the whole store and felt pretty good. I then wnet to Kroger and got milk,bananas,lunchmeat, diff steak,and gaught the Classico sauce sale. $3.19 down to $1.49 if you get 5 so I got 10.
    They had lovely Michael coors purses but we are not that life. My purse get knocked out,off,over,stepped on by giant dog feet and much more. The one I'm after is $80. retail supposedly and I counter offered $23. so thats from his price of $32. but its gold brown and the last one and IDK if that is popular of not.He wants $14.99 shipped anyway. the other I am bididng on is a red compartment bag. Not much is leather but"vegan leather" For us oldsters we know it as plether.lol well putting thw chicken away then napping time here.

RR1
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2017 To-Do Challenge-fly.jpg

Here is the canvas for the swap. It was made in my partners favorite colors. I am going to gloss the "FLY" yet. I've never done anything like this before and it was fun.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

RRI-interesting. SO you swap art,hang it for awhile then trade or do you keep it then. DD is artistic me nada. Dh is a computer dork and I'm a business geek. Plus animal nut. yeah I like the colors too. And your cow avatar is hilarious. I have a mastiff/boxer mix and he like to wear those and Christmas ones.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today has been nice, weather-wise, so DH and I went to the car wash and cleaned the car inside and out. He's so proud of himself. I'm the one who gave him the idea and he was reluctant ($7 for a car wash??? he said) but I wheedled and now he keeps mentioning how nice it is to have a clean vehicle. We also ran into Kroger for a few things, got gas, went to Dairy Queen for our free soft-serve cone, and I finished up my homework for Bible study tonight. Yesterday was pretty too and we spent some time in the garden center at Lowe's, looking at gorgeous things to plant. He's content with the yard if the grass isn't too high, whereas I want some flowers and color.

For the rest of Monday I've got to package the turkey and get it in the freezer, go to Bible study, and bake something.

For Tuesday:

1) Retired teachers' luncheon
    2) Beauty and the Beast with best friends
    3) Not sure what else

RR1
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

#frugalwarrior2, yes we make art and then swap it. I get to keep the one I get and this gal will keep this one. I also do art journals, homemade postcards and artist trading cards. The avatar is an artist trading card (ATC) which is 2 1/2"x 3 1/2". It is done in Sharpie marker. It pushes me to try new things and gives me a deadline to push me into doing it, both of which I need .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

RRI-now that my DD is living away from home she is sewing for a living but she can do almost any craft,paint etc. Currently she makes American girl doll clothes and how can I say- reusable womens cycle products. They give women the oppertunity to get a second set to help others in underprivledged areas. It has been a good endevor for her. They were doing quilts originally. Its her get additional monies because she is a live in nanny for a friend and it just pays minimum wage and free rent.

prob. driving up to DD's tomorrow to take her some antibiotics she left here,tylenol,cough syrup and cleaning supplies.Depends on the weather. I hate the thoght of a 40 mile drive.

I am so ready for a new keyboard as it sticks and i look back and letters are missing.Then the computer itself is so slow. IDK why I wait so long but I guess its being raised by depression era parents. Gotta get the very last drop out of everything and then just a little more??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW- having kids living that far away is both a blessing and a curse. On the one hand, they don't drop in unexpectedly, but on the other hand it is never just a quick visit. My DD1 is 45 minutes away, easy country drive. DD2 is over an hour away, freeways & traffic most of the way. DS is out of state 8 hour drive.

Today I had a bunch of business calls to make after work.
    Called insurance company- they haven't paid for the work we got done...
    Called the bank to order my free checks
    Called local sewing machine shop -will drop off tomorrow
    Called out of town sewing machine shop- can drop off next time I am in that city, $119.00 basic service fee.
    Made homemade pizza, including the dough
    Ran dishwasher twice.
    Walked on treadmill 15 minutes
    Tomorrow
    Want to start walking 1/2 hour every day.
    Drop off machine
    Maybe vacuum

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Winkie--I don't have problems with birds eating my seeds. I feed them well enough. lol

FW2--You will be gardening when I am fighting the heat and humidity in the summer, and then I will be the envious one.

It was 90 yesterday. I think it is suppose to be like that most of the week. I am staining the front porch swing and doing a little watering today. I probably will do laundry also. I hauled two loads of food to the food pantry yesterday and brought one load to put in the freezer at my house. My freezer is full of fajita meat, pork chops, and all cuts of chicken. I am storing it until the freezers at the food pantry have some space. Of course, I can use a little of it too.

Page 43 of 86 FirstFirst ... 334041424344454653 ... LastLast