2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 5
Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

wow, my head is spinning from all the stuff that happened. I hope some things get resolved anyway.
    Furnace not working this morning. I think this is the first time it has been really cold for a while. The humidifier leaked before Christmas and got stuff wet but we thought we had dealt w/ it. The repair guy is supposed to be there this morning.

Tonight make something with leftover pumpkin - prob sugar-free tapioca. Do exercise DVD. I am throwing Christmas goodies in the freezer so I won't eat them.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Some of you will laugh, I know, but we got an inch of snow last night and today all the schools and many businesses are closed. I'm told there's a lot of ice and slick spots on the roads and that is why. It is 9F this morning, going below 0 tonight. We're supposed to be back to 50F by Monday. DH is "working" from home today.

I think I am going to get out the stock pots and the chicken bones, that will help warm up the house too.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH-yeah sorry gotta. We got an inch too and its barely worth mentioning here except to say we sure are getting off easy so far.

Going to go make breakfast. I have 2 loads of laundry to put away and a few blankets to throw in
    call the vet
    IDK-mop maybe.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Walked again 1.68 miles yesterday. Plan on doing it agin today even though it is very cold. We are suppose to get a little snow tomorrow. We will have a dusting as opposed to the rest of you. I spent the morning finishing a paperback and doing a load of laundry.

Today:
    Sewing on quilt
    Making spinach fettucini alfredo for dinner

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH we have maybe 8 inches, I thought your weather was a lot like ours, but an inch wont shut anything down here, we just drop down a gear and plow thru!! lol. we are going to get down to -14, but that's wind chill.. its plenty cold tho the furnace wont shut down.. yea Monday 50* yippee..

Tine, Thanks for the link, its beautiful there, I hope you enjoy your field trip, even if it is cold..

dircpa, lol, that's a good place for things you don't want to eat, my problem is I found out I love frozen chocolate! lol
    I hope you furnace gets fixed right away.. seems we are all having heat problems this year.

Gbug, I am so green with envy, my gosh, didn't the Dr. tell you to strengthen your legs? and you are walking that much in 2 days? wow my hero!! WTG!! keep it up!! Sure wish I could walk with you!!

ILC, did you get snow? I her Atlanta might get some, I'm hoping for ya.. even if its just flurries...

FW, You will never guess what was on the news last night... yep you son,,, here it is. on the news they showed a bunch of guys, but I can't find that part. hugs

Fort Carson: 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team deploys to Europe for Operation Atlantic Resolve - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com

hi to all I forgot..

I'm getting my heated throw, and shopping for a giant real looking pig, that's is a bank. I need one for DB birthday. he broke mine I gave him in 1973! so I need to replace. Only thing is.. I got it in Mexico, so don't know it I can find one here.. thinking maybe a ceramic shop might have something?

I'm sneezing and nose is running so hoping this is just a cold with a sore throat?

I made a huge batch of Cornish game hen soup to last me, maybe 3 weeks!! So I'm all set. my meal planning sure is easy right now! hahaha.....

today another big goose egg.

stay warm and have a great day.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree, we do sometimes get a lot more snow than this. I think it is the icy roads that had people concerned this morning. Our winter comes late, so people haven't driven much yet this season.

We get snow, blizzards, wind, horrendous ice storms, below freezing temps in winter, and high heat, high humidity, months without rain and then tornadoes in the summer. It's the best of both worlds, really.

It does sound like you are getting a cold. Take care of yourself.

Name:  DSCN9915.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  31.2 KB
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-thats the bunch. Poor Dh is trying to deal w/ all this. He is so angry but all over the place too. Let pray that the little bleep hole stays safe.

Ch-I can smell it!
    Got a huge migraine from the stress. We were all just getting over the events of Christmas. DD is here and working on the giant mess. She has got 3.5 barrels full. A small hole has appreared in teh chaos of clutter,I'll take it as a start.

Ravioli w/ garlic bread for dinner. Frozen of course. Gotta get dh lunch.
    Then call the vet. DD has the wash for bedding.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just cold cloudy here but we are suppose get snow here tonight we usually get freezing rain and just a little snow on top of that that what shuts down things here.Got a strawberry cake made (no muffins today)got busy cleaning out refrigatore and empty some things out freezer that had been in there to long.If i put left overs in refrigatore freezer i usually use them when i put them in up right they get lost and have to be dumped guess birds and stray dogs had a feast.cleaned stove sweep floors done load towels worked on pantry and freezer lists never got to cleaning and straightening up small bed room.Got take out bag garbage check mail.
    List for 1-6
    work on br
    try again to get my sewing machine working
    fold up the load towels i did today

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Now we're being told NOT to count on any snow, that it's going to be north of here. We are going to get more rain after the 6.79 inches we got last weekend. And the temps will be low 20s at night to low 40s for the daytime till Tuesday or Wednesday.

CH, your weather sounds as crazy as ours.

I hope everyone's broken heat systems get fixed quickly.

pinetree, are you feeling better?

Today I did a little more decluttering, some laundry, cleaned out the fridge, took out the trash and recycling, and did some financial stuff with DH. It was a beautiful sunny day, 61 degrees, and too nice to do too much inside. Since the next few days will be rainy and cold I decided to catch up on Bible study homework during the weekend since I plan on going nowhere till Sunday.

For Friday:

1) Bible study homework
    2) Finish laundry---sofa slipcover, throw rugs, sheets
    3) Work in our bedroom and my closet
    4) Plan menus
    5) Vacuum downstairs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

D-cpa-hope its fixed.
    ILC-tomorrow is declutter and VACCUMNING day. I got Dh to lose the tree. Mackey is sad. He hates when "his CHRITMASS tree leaves. I mean he seriously get glum. He like a permanent 4 yr ols. BUT I cant breathe better. I hope the headaches vacate now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Very cold here with a chance of snow dusting. Today I am going to brace the cold and: work at soup kitchen, mail pkgs., get my freebies at Kroger. Don't forget to download your free tortilla chips today. Tonight DH and I will go to Outback Steakhouse with a GC and celebrate 39 year anniversary.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have heat although the system needs a part to work entirely correctly. We have a yearly service contract so it's nice, we are always top of the list if there's a problem and no charge for minor parts or the service call.

Tonight: make lasagne

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It was 0F this morning. Dh went in to work an hour late.

I confirmed yesterday that two of the packages I mailed back in December failed to arrive at their destinations, one to Australia, one to North Carolina. I have tracking numbers and receipts but since the USPS doesn't guarantee delivery, that means diddly squat to them. I am just SOL. So I'm planning to go out today and do a little replacement shopping. Feeling frustrated and angry.

Evening engagement with friends tomorrow and I need to look at the pantry and find something for potluck dinner. Another potluck Sunday, but I already know what to make for that crowd.

Chicken stock sat overnight and today it needs to get skimmed and strained and put in the freezer.

No grocery ads again this week. I looked at them online and didn't see a whole lot. I need to get milk if I go out today. I have most of next week's menu planned from the pantry and freezer already.

Happy Anniversary GB! Enjoy your night out.

Dlrcpa, I hope your heat gets fixed soon!

Everyone else, stay warm!

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

chilly here again. I think it was 19 forcast? Yesterday it hit below zero after sundown w/ windchill. All the snow is in the westerm part of the state. Definately a factor to remember for retirement. My new bestie is my space heater.

Promised DH french toast. DD is still here but is the room sleeping. I'll feed her and see if she can get moving.
    To do
    french toast
    move couch and clean in and under,Mackey will not like this!lol
    do banking
    vaccumn stairs,kitchen and breakfast area
    Clean down old coffeemaker

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH-sorry about the packages. DD is getting bad ratings on her sewing business from the post office losing several around Christmas. IK they finally found them but social media can sink a business in a minute now.

DH got his business reimb. and of course they shorted us. He worked shut down week but of course he wasnt paid. Nor was he paid for his passport renewal. The frist of the year is just 1 big shakedown! Krogers ad is rap this week too.

Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast