2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 51
Page 51 of 86 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Winkie-What kind of carpet is it. Cuz' I'm a bit wacky and I would hit it w/ a scrub of carpet cleaner,rinse it in the shower and then hit it w/ the shop vac. if its still too wet after all. I do lamp shades that way and plastic window blinds. hahaha! once I got a set of nice blue prints couches for $50. but they were so amazingly dusty ewww. SO I tipped them on end and hosed them in the driveway. NO way to pay a carpet guy to come out! so I emptied an entire bottle of carpet shampoo and hosed again. I hand squeegied all I could and left it in the sun 2 days. I have pets,lots of dirty footed guys so i didnt really want to invest but also not fond of bugs or other peoples dirt. So that who your talking to.lol
    I'll just wait on the table because its glass and old so if it broke and hurt someone i would just die. Its a 10ish yr. old find. I got new chairs and an umbrella. Someday a table but ID like what I see and its pretty much just us and puppies. My mentality has changed on new things almost overnight after the kids left. I am adjusting to this new 60-70% travel. I thought after the kids left we could have quiet nights and I wanted more time to myself but not this much esp. on holidays. Yesterday i was just a bit down and today is reset day.

I have worked an hour in the bedroom this morning and ladies WHAT was i thinking. No seriously It is a catastrophe but being so dizzy for 6 months or more explains a lot of it,plus allowing my room to be a dumping ground is also so true.
    I just dropped in another full load from down behind the headboard and threw out 3 pillows because I got new. I needed a lung break before I flipped the box springs (split queen).Tired already but scheduling 2 more hours today.

Hunty is doing his own nesting. He decided he can fit in the bed I bought im AND what would make it perfect would be if he stole Mackeys new giraffe pillow pet. SO he got it just right and like any youngest child feels hes w/in his rights.

May run out to grab the hangers as a diversion. Just should prob. hit the shower first. Need to get a baseball cap like these other ladies do.lol

OOH CH I loves me some grilled italian sausage w/ raw pepper and onion w/ mustard on a hot dog bun. These days I can only do 1/2 a sausage w/ a tums chaser but boy are they good for 10 min.lol I'm fixated on the Easter thing. And the fact that when he took this job this travel was 6 mo. 40% but we are approaching a year and now about 60%. But beats unemployment. I am afraid that seeing they are based out of France thats the next deal.

Forgot to say sorry about the DR/ins. its so much harder now as we all have histories and they want to change meds and all. I really stay w/ mine because they are a group of 15 and I dont have to go anywhere else for all the yearly tests. Even have their own in suite lab. As a Dr. though he's too casual and tells me to "shush" while he inputs on the computer and called me a baby for not getting a flu shot. Not sure how old he is but he's getting up there and is old school arrogent. My Dh goes there too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ok its 75 here I'm going out

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today so far done ...
    Boiled the chicken for the furbabies for the week. 1 chicken breast.

Boiling eggs now to make deviled eggs. Should last a couple days. Maybe 3. Doubt it.

Took some stuff down to the bottom level fridge/freeze since it's fixed. About $150 and bartered for the rest ( labor ) including both fridges.. up and down. Now to get the last of the top level fixed but it's more of a preventative maintenance thing than repair. Still needs done before the damn hose goes to %hit again.

Also took down some pantry/stockpile items that's been in kitchen for awhile.

Unloading dishwasher as I can stand and bend. Almost done.

One load in washer. One of the babies puked a couple nights ago apparently and didn't see it until going to bed last night. Blanket plus a couple other things.

Bottom fridge cleaned out top to bottom. Looks good. This was yesterday though.

Part of top fridge cleaned. Ugh.

WANT to do today since last day off till Saturday afternoon ...

Make meatloaf and hope there's enough for an extra workweek night

Make mashed potatoes with enough left over for heat up a couple nights ( can you see a theme here? )

Reload dishwasher with whatever I've got left and dirtied so it's set and ready to go when full.

Washer in the dryer and put where belongs. Shouldn't be hard as it's a blanket back on bed and a couple other things.

One more load in washer and hopefully remember to put in dryer even if it doesn't get put away. The put away is piling up again on couch. No no one touches it unless they need something. Since no one is ever here unless the oldest comes about once a year I quit agonizing over it. It is what it is until it finally gets all done then we'll see.

I'd like to get caught up reading the threads here. Been awhile.

Beyond that... As FW says... scatter crap
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge June
    $

Grocery Challenge/June
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More June
    Goal 20
    Accomp/16

No Spend Challenge/June
    Goal 20
    Accomp/2

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You are making progress FW! Way to go on tackling your bedroom. I understand how having those dizzy spells was a big set back.

The carpet I am cleaning is about 6'x10' so I can't wrestle it out. I have cleaned lots of stuff out on the driveway with the hose. I even have a power washer, so I am with you on that method. But not this time. I will just spot clean it.

I had some pineapple juice & I really think it might have helped some. Need to get a big can of it.

Italian sausage on the grill does sound wonderful, but DH doesn't eat it , so I wait until my kids are around to make it.

CH- what is the mud to start seeds all about? I don't think I have heard of that. My tomato plants are still coming along, but not a single pepper came up. I planted three or four different kinds & had them on a warming mat, but nothing...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I guess I should say ( after thinking about it ) that that couch in downstairs and not in the living room. Heck, we don't even see it unless we're going to bed or into the laundry room. I thought to myself.... Self, it sounds like it's in the living room. Nope.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge June
    $

Grocery Challenge/June
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More June
    Goal 20
    Accomp/16

No Spend Challenge/June
    Goal 20
    Accomp/2

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Niko, it wouldn't be the first time the couch was used for laundry. I have seen it before. We have furniture in the livingroom so the cats don't have to sleep on the floor. They would love it if I dumped my warm laundry there too.

Winkie, my potting soil is old and dried out. It's like dust. In order to plant I have to put some in a bucket with water and make a big mud pie. It takes overnight to rehydrate to a proper soil consistency. At first it is really soupy, the soil particles are just suspended in the water, but they slowly absorb it.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

winkie I misunderstood,you said an area 2'x2' and i thought it was a small area rug.lol I've been ill you know!

Niko- thats supposed to be scatter clean not crap. I have scattered crap and thats why I need to clean!!

So I went to 2 Big Lots and Bass pro is adv. Winchester .22 long gun ammo and I ordered some then I thought OOh I'll go over and get him some too. Well, I guess store policy is 2 boxes only-ok but i wouldnt have wasted my gas. Then the little man child tell me its been back as long as hes worked there. HOW long have you worked here -2 months. Such idiocy its been out over 2 years. It just sounded like an Abbott and Costello routine. I am SO old. Wow a whole 2 months. I have NOOOOO patience most days. So I called DD and her BF is in exams. He is marking his 1/2 way mark on his Boilermaker journey. So i hope she can come over but its up to his schedule. They are not engaged so it would be odd if she went to her BF family dinner w/o him. She and Bill the home owner where she lives are planting a garden for the kids today.

Yeah! for pineapple juice. I had that congestion tighness and it just loosened it right up.
    Got the last clothing load in the washer.
    Need to start doing blankets,clean under the scary bed,replastic and mattress pad. And grab the cans in and mail. I need more energy and day in this day.BBL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

oh my only couch is Mackeys. I want to throw it out but he loves it so. Its his bone bank and he keep his teddy bear on it.Whatchya think of that. My back is bad and I do hard chair. DH has the recliner Hunter and he shares. Mikey lays in it when he's out of town. YES,they let us live w/ them.lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got clean sheets put on bed washed dryed a load laundry, dw emptied started loading it again floors and porch swept carried out trash never got to gbr going quit putting that on list maby i will get it done before June that when i am expecting over night guest.It been cloudy here today rain is suppose move in tonight.I need a nap but it getting to late to take one now.Everyone have a good night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Winkie, hope you're feeling better. And CH, glad your foot isn't any worse.
    Tine, way to go on the paper!
    Gbug, I'm with you on the headaches. That, plus my left knee, might qualify me for a job as a weatherperson.
    ermadunk, good to see some posts from you.
    Hi Niko! Welcome back!
    fw, dizziness sucks so bad. Been having a lot lately and it's just not fun. Had to slip out of church early yesterday due to it, then went home and slept 4 hours. It helped.
    Anyone I missed, hi!

After last week's tornadoes and storms, this week is wonderful. A ton of sun, warm temps, just really pretty.

DD is having lots of nausea/throwing up with this baby but she's working every day and her appetite is back sporadically. She was off yesterday and slept. She's off all this coming weekend and she'll probably sleep. They can't decide whether or not to get married before or after the baby and I'm staying out of it. It's up to them, but I would prefer before.

One of the cats brought in a chipmunk earlier this afternoon and then lost interest and wandered off. The cat, not the chipmunk! We have no clue where the chipmunk went. Hopefully outside because I opened the doors.

For today I've done little except meet a friend for lunch and pick up DD. Supper is leftover shrimp or teriyaki chicken. Bible study is tonight but I think I'm skipping this week. Still feeling sort of yucky.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-HEY!!. Sorry about the dizzyness. I split the morning 2 pills into morning and afternoon and lost 12ish pounds so that helps. Been trying to more on about my morning reads to so i can adjust my night meds-honestly. teriyaki chicken sounds awesome if i can vote.lol Eating vicariously thru others-thats me now. I been eating like a college student today. 1/2 Coke,pineapple juice sipped,1 cheese stick and a choc covered twinkie w/ the fish part only of fried fish. Yep.

I got the box springs off and have 1 1/2 garbage bags to prove it. Some clothes,an entire bedspread in a package,7 pairs of reading glasses,a space heater,my container of dumbells-untouched and the step up thingy for excercise. Mid vaccuum the dang hip pops and i am praying. Got the box springs and mattress on. I want to get the area clearer and the plastic and some bedding on because now a huge storm is hitting our state. We are in for rains. So ladies let this be a cautionary tale-dont put yourselves last all the time They just move out and leave you the mess. Sucking down some pineapple juice so I can stay clear. All that fur and dust. HaHa I also found about 6 asst. 1/2 pair and very beat up flip flops. I am ALWAYS after dh about not throwing out the old stuff when you get new. I am counting on you guys not to tell on me.lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rained yesterday and looks like more today. My garden is happy. Got to work on preparations for auditions tomorrow. Working at the food pantry later this afternoon and have to get ready for a battle with the internet company as they deducted $118 twice out of my account. I called them last week and they were going to do a reversal. Said it would take 24-48 hrs to show up. Still not there. Ugh! Found some practical pages in a cookbook on add-ins for certain canned and packaged foods that I am going to print and hand out today. Trying to make the people learn how to do different things with the food that we give them. Eventually going to make a recipe file for them using pantry items. If you have any frugal recipes that requires very few pantry items, please share with me. Most of these clients are not homeless, only low income.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Finished all the bedding replacing and flopped in bed for a hard but nice rainstorm. Talked w/ DH for a bit and slept for 3 hrs. got up for a bit and had some peaches then slept until 9:30. Going to do a long shower w/ no apologies and decide if I want to go to DD's. She invited me out last night because they were planting but i still had the bed torn up. Need to do at least 2 loads of blankets.
    SO
    Blankets washed
    call vet for appts.
    long shower
    more sleep
    possibly see DD
    Very ambitous!haha!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I did a whole load of nothing today, and then went to the doctor's office. He was a little surprised by the hole in my foot but said it is not unusual. They cleaned it out, it was really gross, and took a swab. It doesn't look infected but they want to be sure there is nothing lurking. I am on antibiotics now and have a special cleaning solution I am supposed to use. Oh, and no walking

I still get to make DH dinner tonight.

GB, one of my favorite cheap and easy pantry dishes is spoonbread. "JIFFY" Mix - America's Favorite – From Chelsea Milling Company
    It is easy to mix in cheese or bacon or jalapenos if desired.

Easy Black Bean Soup Recipe - Food.com
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Use it up, Wear it out,

Page 51 of 86 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461 ... LastLast