-3/4 spray bottle of water
    -add a few drops of dish soap
    -add 1T of veg. oil
    -1 to 2 T of Cayenne pepper or chili powder or cumin

or/and
    put cinnamon sachets of cinnamon sticks or also cloves in closets,cupboards
    peppermint oil drives mice off too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH thanks for the cinnamon/ pepper tip. I am so tired of my pots getting emptied. I already cleaned it all up once this spring & nothing is planted. It happens at night so I thought it might be raccoon. Not sure if O'possum would dig or not. Of course it could be squirrels. Do they scavenge at night? Hope you have fun @ the art event.
    FW- thanks on the tip of Dollar tree for mothballs. I probably won't need them this year, but I will remember for future. I really hate using chemicals, but I also can't stand having these animals in my living space. We have plenty of property they can live on, without having to be on /under the deck. I have trapped some before, but that just creates other issues... FW, Sorry your family is not treasuring you as they should be. Hang in there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Forgot to mention- sticks won out. We worked outside a good two hours, picking up fallen branches & sticks from winter. We still haven't mowed yet.(nothing happens here until tax season is over.). Truthfully, we could pick up sticks for two hours everyday for a long time & not get them all. But at least I think he can mow now. I am counting it as exercise & am now loafing while he watches basketball.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

FW, thanks for the tip. We have 3 cats, so no mice around this house. They would not survive.

Winkie, I have seen the squirrels digging in my pots so I know it is them. They are up at dawn digging and looking for food. We have possum and raccoons too, but they are more likely to get into the trash.

The art show was nice, but tiring. We wasted 45 minutes looking for it in the wrong part of the convention center because the directions were wrong and there were no signs out. It covers 3 city blocks and is 3 stories high, and we were up and down and around and around forever. And then when we found it we came in the back door and the security guards were like "How did you get in here?" But we saw lots of beautiful things, talked to the artists, and I picked up lots of promotional art postcards which I will send to various pen pals. I even got a free cup of coffee from a nice guy at concessions, because I had to wait 20 minutes or fresh coffee to come up. Afterwards we stopped on the way home for gyros.
    Last edited by Contrary Housewife; 04-22-2017 at 09:48 PM.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad the art show was good, bummer it was hard to find...
    Whatever is getting in the pots, was in them again after the mothballs, so that wasn't a deterrent. I will try the spicy mix. I would like to have them out of the habit before I actually plant flowers. We have nut trees all over, so they would get more satisfaction out in the trees than digging in empty pots.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

winkie-pecans?? My high school friend came from S. ohio and said she had pecans.
    IDK Yesterday was just super weird. After DH broke my lawn chair he hurt his back and then later got a migraine. He isnt eating and I apparently have to step in and shove food at him. He still has to finish the mower and install my computer so I am doing Cat litter this morning and will haul trash out.

I am intending to go to Meijers before all the tank tops are gone and also look at shoes. I hope to drag DH out to the park depending on how Hunty is doing. He's feeling a lot better but he has to stay home for no jumping for 2 weeks orders.
    Everything seems to be going too fast again.
    I hope to have any printer working enough to print out the ins. proofs later.
    DH is prob. just exhausted from his trip. They all get pretty intense w/ hours and not eating. Seeing his nexty trip is on the 30th for 10 days I better get him taken care of. I always worry in the back of my mind as his great uncle had alzheimers or dementia. When they cleaned out his Apt. it was full of expired cans that had popped and old newspapers.

Supposed to be nice tomorrow. Hope I can get DH to a park. Yep.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Guess I meant today.lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Grocery shopped. A big piece of beef marked down 50% will be beef stew in the crock pot Monday to take to parents next weekend. Planning to garden after lunch. There is a lot of soccer activity nearby that steals parking away from the garden area Sat & Sun mornings. I have time to finish the "Jack Reacher" novel i am reading first.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW- I think we are too far north for pecans. We have black walnut, hickory & Chinese chestnuts. We don't use any of them & they are all over the ground.
    Hope you make it to the park.
    We went to church, had lunch & are watching Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA playoffs. When this is over, we are going to pick up more sticks!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC--The show is memorial weekend.

Early Friday morning before I left for the soup kitchen, I got a call from the office of my general dr. He had ordered an ultrasound for Thursday. My MRI that was for my back showed suspicious cysts on my liver. I went into a tailspin. He called me later to assure me that cysts were very common in the body and not to worry. I have the ultrasound on Thursday and endoscopy on Friday. Yesterday we went to watch the Gsons play soccer and then came home. It was windy and cold. Today I put up 5 more quarts of kale and 5 quarts of spinach in the freezer. Got my coupons cut and made stuffed peppers for DH to put in the oven for dinner tomorrow night. I managed to weed the herb bed. I need to weed the squash, tomatoes and cucumbers. I am going to do some this evening, and the rest over the next couple of days.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-Dmom had cysts on her liver and her ovaries. Didnt amt to anything. I get cysts in the roll of fat around my waist/ The 1st time 1 popped I was sitting at a comouter and the kids were in school I sort freaked. I felt like warm water released inside and dint hurt.

Went to the park w/ subs and hung out people watching. Some older guy asked if I had bought him one and i told we were having a special 1/2 eaten subs $20. The park was full of ecstatic dogs prancing and even one on a dog stroller. We walked about a tiny bit. Didnt want to tax Dh and i wanted to do a turtle in the sun imitation anyway. Hit GW after and caught an amazing special purple tags $1. And pink 1/2 off. SO I walked off w/ a plus sized prefect navy coat for $1. retail $80? Got a few tshirts and LS shirts, $23. all told? for 2 bags. Came up dry at Meijers so I was happy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW2--I have had them on my ovaries. I'm hoping that it will be nothing.

Today is a full day for me. I am working at the soup kitchen, delivering food to the food pantry, getting bids for table runners, delivering MRI cd to doc's office and calling docs to set up online stuff, then rehearsal time. Thankfully dinner is ready to go into the oven and DH has instructions.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Take care GB. Thoughts are w/ you!!

So I decided to start the closet project today. I am burning up at DH and I always clean and toss much better when I'm peeved and I'm on fire ATM!! He's really been weird and rude and difficult in general after this last trip. IK it was a hard one so I let him have a day and did the downstairs cat boxes,when to several stores and let him do his thing. But this morning-fan spreadage time. So I have cleaned out 2 drawers and tossed the contents of one. I have gone through 1/2 the stuffed closet and pulled a clear tub of 1 size too smalls,A pulled a whole garbage bag to donate. LIKE I said 1/2 way thru. I also have 2 more tubs to sort. Perfect day for this. It will take 2x through but today everything I'm keeping fits in the lg. closet and hangs winter and summer that fits. I will clean the school supply leftovers out of the hope chest another day. Well need lunch and to continue. Have a good day ladies. FW is covering ground today.lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Doing one load laundry cooking a meat loaf and peach cobbler. Was thinking last night i would do some more decluttering today but after reading fw2 post i decided i would send for her she is getting with the project and i am good at making people mad.JK) Finally some sun shine here not for long the way weather people talk.Had turn off air turn heat on again.Hope everyone has a good day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gorgeous day out and I am bemoaning my table not being out. DH pinged his back Sat. so its still in the garage.

Well being mad at DH moved me today.lol Got 3 garbage bags out on the front porch I will cart to the van after I get a 2nd wind
    All the hangers are now black,all the new stuff in,all the 1 size too big and also the 2 sizes too small are tubbed and at the top of the closet. The white hangers are rubberbanded in 8's and in a bag,tops w/ tops,pants w/ pants etc. I have 1 stack left to do,a bin to fill w/ tops 1 size too small. The 1 size too small jeans are hung and rubberbanded off to the left. I'll be tweaking it for color hue and things too small I missed. BUT in very good shape. I really thought I'd be working on it for weeks. Ironically said-Thanks DH.
    Need a snack or something.