2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 59
Page 59 of 86 FirstFirst ... 9495657585960616269 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey to everyone!

Gbug, I was worried about all the storms in TX and concerned that you were in the path. You too, ermadunk. The storms are here now but they've lost of their ooommmpphh and we're getting just wind and rain and a little thunder. By this evening they will have moved on. The weekend was humid and hot and today it will be only 74.

Happy birthday to Winkie! Hope it's a great one.

Been battling vertigo and hoping it won't hit today so I can go to our last "regular" Bible study for the book of John. So far today I've cleaned up the kitchen, paid May's bills, done some other financial planning with DH, and finished my homework for tonight's class. Laundry is waiting for me.

Last week I worked 3 solid days in DD's room cleaning and doing many, many loads of laundry and emptying out drawers and bagging clothing up for donation. She's going through what's left and has already decided to donate a huge pile of old T-shirts. She and fiance have been spending more time here and apparently intend to do so for a while and definitely after the baby comes. Her room is a nice size but she has a double-size bed, a dresser/mirror, a chest of drawers, and a tall lingerie chest to work around. Where to put a crib and a rocking chair? Some of her bedroom furniture may have to go into the study, which I'm not happy about, but over the whole course of life really doesn't matter.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC that sounds like a lot of cleaning got done! Happy BD, Winkie! Hope FW gets her new PC set up soon. I'm sure it is something stupid.

It is cold and windy here, and the rain has stopped. DR visit tomorrow, otherwise nothing much going on. Feeling achy and trying to rest today.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the birthday wishes! Yesterday at church the flowers on the alter were for me from my DH. Then we had kids & grandkids join us for a picnic & 5 mile hike. There were 15 of us. We were a little worried it would be muddy, so we took corn hole, hula hoops, a football, etc to play around with in case we couldn't hike. Luckily it was not too muddy, so we hiked to the waterfall. It was 80 degrees so the kids all ended up getting wet. The three littles were carried in back packs by their parents. There were threats of rain, but it held off until we were done for the day. This morning I went down to work & on my desk was a card & gift from DH, a beautiful gold necklace. It rained all day, but stopped by the time I was off work, so I told DH I wanted to go to the woods & look for mushrooms. In 13 years here we found our first six mushrooms last year, so imagine my delight when we found 31 this afternoon. Plus, there were probably a dozen we saw that were too old & we just left there. We went to our small church group this evening which is a walking group, then came home & I made mushrooms for supper. A very good birthday, all the way around.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

What a beautiful day Winkie!

I spent the afternoon at the hospital. Doc likes how my foot looks, said it has 'significantly improved'. He expects within a couple weeks it will finally scab over and grow skin. After that, when the swelling goes down and I can get it into a shoe, I will be allowed to try walking on it. DH got to see the x-rays. He was surprised, said he had no idea how bad it was before the surgery.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH- glad to hear your foot is still progressing. Will they do a skin graft, or will it just grow skin on it's own?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC- will your DD be living with you, or are you just expecting lots of visits?
    I actually did not own a crib until we had our first grandchild. I borrowed one for my own kids. Once I had a grandchild, I wanted a safe place for naps so we would get frequent visits.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winkie View Post
    CH- glad to hear your foot is still progressing. Will they do a skin graft, or will it just grow skin on it's own?
    The Dr said it was small enough and showed signs of closing up on its own that he did not think it would need a skin graft.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Winkie that birthday sounded great! CH glad your foot is continuing good progress.
    It cooled off a lot, perfect to plant the rest of the tomatoes after supper. I have small broccoli, cauliflower & brussels sprouts seedlings to plant also but not too hopeful. Last year they were consumed by beetles. I will use netting this time but not sure it will work or if it is worth while. Bush beans sprouted during last weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

All the storms were east of us. We didn't even get rain. We are expecting some today I think. I had a back procedure yesterday to locate my pain. It was no big deal. Had to go to the hospital last night for my BIL. Didn't get home until 1. He is having an MRI today. Only 1 of his 3 children showed up. His wife is deceased. That part of the family is messed up. I woke up with a headache, but I'm taking it slow. Working on some costumes today and rehearsal this afternoon. Taking my time. Chicken chili for dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good morning. It is raining again. I don't mind but then I'm not out driving in it. Hope the grocery ads come so I can make a list. Got the usual housework then hope to get into some crafts. The little tomatoes I bought last week have already outgrown their tiny pots. Must find some larger ones until they can go out. I thought we were meeting friends for dinner this weekend, but they may want to go to a movie instead, must find out.

- menu plan
    - shopping list
    - correspondence
    - house work
    - re-pot tomatoes

I'm sure other stuff will pop up later.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Loaded, unloaded dishwasher, tidied up basement this afternoon.
    Last night we went out in the woods & found 6 more mushrooms. I took the water I washed the others in back to the woods with the hope I am returning spores so there will be more mushrooms!
    Also last night I made a run to discount drug mart for wine on sale. After sale & rebate, it comes out to $2.50 a bottle for $10.00 wine. Bought a case!
    It has been dreary here for two days, but right now, the sun just came out. DH got another new toy, a baby chainsaw that uses the batteries from two other tools he has. He is out playing with it, I am going to join him. Have a great evening!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. I have a chore list for today, will try to cross off several items. I have ham, potatoes & cheese to make something for supper. I lean towards soup if hubby will agree. It is cool & overcast and I don't really need to do much at the garden. I will harvest more salad greens when I use up what is on hand. Staying out of the stores is a priority although I loaded several "free" items to my shopper's card at the closest grocery store. I have several days to get those things.

Have a good weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Winkie, your birthday sounded awesome. DD and fiance split their time between his house and our house. I have no clue what they'll decide to do once the baby comes. I hope they'll live here at first so I can help with baby. His parents both work and we're retired so it makes sense to me, but we'll go along with whatever they decide.

DS took my computer and did a lot of work on it so I was computer-less for several days. Sure is nice to have it back. Doing stuff on my phone just isn't the same.

The last couple of days were in the 50s---we set records for low temps---and last night was 48. The next few days will be totally sunny and gradually warm up into the 80s by the end of the week. We slept under blankets last night, very unusual for May.

Today DH is going to work outside on the siding and I plan to work in DD's room. She has no clue how to organize dresser drawers and such so I'm going to do that for her. Our bathtub is nasty so I'll clean it, plus these cool temps make me want to bake something, maybe several batches of muffins for the freezer and a nice dessert of some kind.

Have a good one, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

All our rain has finally cleared off to the east. Stuff is drying out, grass is getting very tall. DH and I just lounged most of today and then went to the hardware store. I got several packs of flowers for my deck pots.

I have really got to give the house a good spring cleaning once I get back on my feet. There's so much dust and cat hair and accumulated crap. Furniture needs to be moved. Corners cleaned. Windows washed. Bathroom needs a firehose. I'm overwhelmed just thinking about it. I need to come up with a plan. No way I am going to be able to do an entire room at once. I just don't have that kind of energy any more. I'm thinking of hiring a girl from a cleaning agency to help for a couple of hours. I did that in college when I shared a house with 6 guys, we had someone come in once a month to do the floors and baths. Right now I am working on what I can reach, papers mostly. I need to go through and let go of a lot of stuff we've been "saving", like shipping boxes, bubble wrap, mailing envelopes that can be reused, old books, games and movies, and clothing. Dh was going to clear the closet under the stairs over the winter. Guess what? Yeah, didn't happen. The kitchen is still in relatively good shape since it has only been two years since the remodel. I'm trying to stay on top of that.

Anyway, I count on you guys for support and ideas. I'm debating starting with either "three things a day" get cleaned, or "throw out ten pieces of junk".

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I used to think I had to clean my house all in one day, then a few years ago someone on FV referred to fly lady. I do not follow her plan, but I have adopted her methodology. If I just clean for 15 minutes, that's something. So the last year I have really tried to do something every day & this thread has helped a lot. It makes it fun to list what I will do & what I got done.
    Thursday was my last day of work for the week, so as soon as I clocked out @ 2:30 I started swiffering my hard floors then vacuumed the upstairs & main floor & gave three of the four bathrooms a quick cleaning. I spent maybe an hour, not sure, but I was driven to have my three days off all to myself. I was pretty proud of myself. Then Friday DH & I went out & ran around, ate out for lunch, then ended up at the mall. While in Sears they had an overhead announcement that all clearance clothes were 1/2 off. I got a pair of Reebock running shoes, & 7 assorted tops for $40.00. Then today I ran off with one of my girl friends from way back when & went to a city wide garage sale. What a hoot! I got a really neat plant stand, an old metal wine rack that I will turn into a support in my garden for something viney. Maybe gourds or pole beans, or cucumbers? Made a quick trip to the grocery for potatoes & ground beef & DH just made up three meat loaves. One for tomorrow & two in the freezer. Tomorrow or Monday I am making a triple batch of ham & scalloped potatoes. I just cleared out space in the freezer looking for ground beef & I pitched some bags of zuchhini from 2014, so I have room , plus I have way too much ham in the freezer, and I got whole milk for 99cents. So three good reasons to make the potatoes.
    I looked over my garden earlier in the week & it is weed heaven. I did not get the tiller started, so I just tidied up some stuff. Then it rained for three days & got pretty cold. Hopefully next week I can get it tilled up. DH will help me. It will likely need tilled more than once. Plus still too early to plant. Also need to do something about the fence around it.
    Everyone enjoy your Saturday evening!