2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 6
Page 6 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34567891656 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just putting this out there, I am a slob & a procrastinator! There. Does admitting it start the healing process, like in AA?......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Winkie, let's start a group called SPA---Slobs and Procrastinators Anonymous! I bet tons of folks would find it helpful. I would.

dlrcpa, glad you have some heat.

Gbug, congrats on your anniversary.

fw, bummer about the short paycheck. Glad DD is actually getting something done in her room.

CH, maybe from now on you should ship FedEx or UPS. I've always had good luck with USPS but that's all it is----luck.

ermadunk, stay warm.

pinetree, I sure hope your throat etc. feels better.

I know I missed some people---hi, stay warm.

Our forecast now says no snow, just rain and cold. Atlanta, just 80 miles up the interstate, is supposed to get up to 5 inches plus ice.

We went to Sam's for a $1.70 hot dog/large drink lunch, then ran into Aldi and Walmart since I didn't make it to either one the other day. Aldi's produce section was pretty pitiful----bought nothing. Found 2 spiral-sliced hams marked down so they're now in our freezer. The checker at Walmart said they had sold lots of milk today. I saw a number of people with lots of beer in their buggies. The Atlanta 4:00 news is showing empty shelves in area grocery stores.

For the rest of today I plan to put away everything we got today, cook a good supper, and work on menus (from yesterday). Tomorrow I plan to do the rest of yesterday's list.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

winkie i am a big procrastinator and i have said it several times and no it never healed me.Matter of fact i am a procrastionaation to day i just told some people i was taking a snow day and i don't get them any more have been retired several years.
    ilove chocklate guess we got your snow i haven't been out but they say the roads are bad some people got killed just few miles from here and another young man truck stalled on a bridge his uncle got there to help him and some one came off hill hit his truck ran over him he in sugary they think he will make but may be crippled.
    Haven't got much done on today to do list.Got towels folded put away,cleaned both bath room went in the bed room to start cleaning turned came out said if there is no tomorrow it want need cleaning.Was sick last night never got much sleep so just in a don't care mood.Going try get some things done tomorrow not sure what it will be.Everone have a good night and keep warm

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC & ermadunk, sounds like we can get something going! I really hoped that confessing would get me on the road to recovery! I am proud to say I FINALLY got that bathroom stripped out. I took a long road around it, but now I am done. Instead of just getting in there, I found myself going through an old accordion file with 10 year old credit card receipts!!!! Why??? Next I was in my bed room, sorting through SUMMER clothes still left out! FINALLY I got in there. Threw out several curling irons, plugged in an old hair dryer that threw sparks! AND stridex... My kids haven't lived here in ten years, that stuff was OLD! So I have filled up a trash can, have two donate boxes, packed up everything & stored in spare bed room. This is the year I reclaim my house. I worked a demanding job for many years & did not take time to weed stuff out regularly. I have a big house so I just filled it up. Every closet & drawer is/was stuffed. Plus I do save stuff for "possibilities". I think I get that from being raised by depression era parents. Either that or I am just a pack rat. So now I work 32 hours a week from home.( I don't get snow days anymore either, ermadunk) . I do not need so many clothes. I am going to make myself pick out 5 or six daytime outfits, and 4-5 church/ good outfits & get rid of the rest. Shoes are going too. Don't need twelve pairs of heels to sit in my basement working on the computer. A few weeks ago I went through all the towels & passed them on. Today I packed up comforter & pillows I will give to one of my kids friends that just got an apartment. Then I am attacking my kitchen. Don't need all those cutsey containers to pack my lunch. If I can just keep up the enthusiasm!
    It is cold here & snowy enough that I don't think I can get my car out of the steep drive, so I am making homemade pizza & feeling accomplished!
    Have a great evening & stay warm.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH, wow that pot looks great, I could just start picking up something out of there and start eating!
    We found out years ago, that if we ship anything over sea's it is not covered as soon as it leaves United States Land. Even the business cannot ship. Insurance does you no good.

erma, Those birds are always hungry and probably really appreciate the food.
    whoohoo on the your lists and cake!! Yum!

Gbug, Happy 39th Anniversary!! I hope you enjoy your night out.

dircpa wtg, at least you have heat, hope you get the part soon.

winkie, lol, That's exactly how I have been feeling lately!! Ok, I'm one too!

ILC, Yep, I am a Spa member!! lol sorry you didn't get any snow... you can have ours!! for free even!!

woke up to -8* and I am not griping, My best friend came in at -22* and that did not include wind chill, with it they were -45*,, shes only about 40 miles from me. DS came home and said his truck read -28 at the lake.. about 3 am this morning, the suns out so its warming up but our high is suppose to be 17. ugh the poor furnace... cant wait till Monday and the 55*.

Spent the day talking and looking up things in vegas, cutting his hair, the kids leave in the morning, for 9 days..so They are going to have a blast, even tho they go back almost every year, they have fun. They are having dinner with our old fishing buddies, he has known them since he was 3, and loves spending time with them.

I have for sure caught a cold.. I'm watching it closely.. so far everything is ok. tho I do have alittle trouble breathing when my nose plugs up, so we have turned the oxygen up for awhile. I will go in if I get any worse..

My list for today
    cut DS hair
    fix dinner, well defrost it.. lol
    email BFF, shes sick too...

Stay warm everyone!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Winkie View Post
    Just putting this out there, I am a slob & a procrastinator! There. Does admitting it start the healing process, like in AA?......
    I fall into that category from time to time and for me the best therapy or shock treatment is to invite people over.

Once they are invited I can smell my bridges burning, I spring into action and perform all of my chores because I'm too embarrassed for them to see how an old lazy single person with low standards really lives, LOL!!!

Good luck!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome back, Aunt Bea!

pinetree, we love snow but not ice because we have no sand trucks, snowplows, etc., here. No one around here knows how to drive on ice so it's taking your life in your hands if you venture onto the roads. The most snow we ever had was 16 inches in 1973. Everything shut down. My brother and some friends hiked over from his local college and got our sled we'd used as kids in Tennessee and took it back to school where most of the student body took turns using it! We didn't lose electricity so we were fine. It was great---all the local folks who lived here then have tons of stories about The Great Snow of '73.

Just saw that Atlanta is getting a wintry mix which is supposed to turn into all-snow overnight. I'm jealous.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

hahahaha-ILC I bet you had that hill to yourself for sure. When i was a kid we went to park DODGE #10. And there was this hill thats was tall and long. We had new metal disks and the hill was iced. We were getting speed and distance. After we were done we looked at the disks and the bottom was so pitted. Dmom is a party pooper from way back so she had her bright red snow suit on and just drank coffee but dad went down a few. IDK how but I think Dbro and i went down a few times together. That was amazing fun. Walking back up was something though.
    I think its about 1 degree here IDK.

DD pulled 12 garbage bags out of her room and it maybe 1/4 done and that a generous estimate. She is already asleep. In her defense she hauled everything out herself. I stayed out of it. I made french toast/PB bake off cookies and flour tortilla gril cheese w/ sour creme and shredded sharp on top for DH today.

We pulled a huge tub of food for the family she lives w/. Her poor Bf will carry it out. He's a good sport. DD is grateful IK. She is scheduled to go back "home" tomorrow early. She had overdue sewing orders for the business but I sure would love 1 more day of cleaning out of her.

Tomorrow
    vaccumn
    get scripts and a few groc.
    hit Ollies for a bed for my 18 yr. ols cat-IDK Y I didnt think of it before.
    Get Maxs food.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Winkie-you and DD should live together she would make you feel like a neat freak.
    Glad she visited but oh do i have a sink full of dishes.

GB-yes,happy anniversary
    Pinetree-feel better I do now that the tree is out!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dinner was nice last night. Too cold to do anything else. DH is working today. It is 9 degrees here today. We had a little snow yesterday, but nothing to write home about. Got laundry going today. Took tamales out of the freezer for dinner. Think I might invite BIL for dinner. May work on quilt pieces today. Have a mystery shop later today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Winkie View Post
    I admitted that years ago and it hasn't helped me at all!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Aunt Bea - I agree completely. Had a party on Jan 1 and my house never looked better. Many closets & cabinets reorganized & wiped out, etc. There is a "yard sale" area in storage and a bag for clothing donations.

Pine and Ermadunk - hope you are feeling better. Winkie - you are making progress.

Today: Groceries shopped & brought in wood. To do: roast chicken & boil bones, groom the dog, finish & email club newsletter, finish sewing jacket (hem and buttons). When snow stops - see what needs done to driveway, hopefully sun will melt it tomorrow. I would go to the garden but it is 9 degrees w/ wind chill. The county delivered leaf mulch, I guess I can get it next week.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

9 here this morning, might get up near freezing this afternoon, it is sunny enough.

Put 7.5 pints of chicken stock in the freezer yesterday.

Ended up going out with friends last night, but they paid, which was nice. Then got the message this morning that other friends are sick and there is no dinner tonight, so I guess I am flipping menu days around.

Should be a slow day. Have all the usual things to clean and organize. Want to get in some sewing or crafting.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

With wind chill it was 17 this a.m. That's unusual for here. The sun is out so it looks more pleasant than it really is. Ice on some roads and emergency management is saying to just stay home today, which I'm doing.

Over the next two days I hope to accomplish:

1) Some baking
    2) Finish laundry
    3) Change sheets on our bed
    4) Feed backyard birds
    5) Work on Bible study homework
    6) Find my birth certificate---the one I have isn't suitable to renew my driver's license, I was informed last month. Yes, I have to prove I'm a US citizen. Plus I had to prove where I live, that my name changed when I married, all sorts of things. After this renewal I won't have to do all that, though.
    7) Church tomorrow morning

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

its 10 here right now at almost noon. And feel like -something. Our furnace relay stuck and it was freezing when i got up at 4:30 to go. I had to get Dh up and that is not so good. He got it running by 7a.m. another tense one. I put the big space heater on w/ 2- 750 watts fans. So we did ok.

DD came and went w/ BF. So much stuff. He's so good about being a mule. And so dang farm boy strong. Her room is still full but you can enter it.
    If we are confessing. I am a clutter piler,over buyer, and have lost the stamina to correct.This last year i havent brought a lot in but have been dealing w/ previous "stuff". I gave her some money but nothing to last very long on purpose. I feel she needs to do this and break free to start a new section. AND I cant say enough.=I dont want to clean her stuff!! For years we have battled and fought. I want to move on.
    DD newwife posted she heard his voice yesterday so he must be at his destination. He wont call us now. Kinda pixxed.
    Headed to Ollies to buy my old cat a bed and to get lunch at Mels Diner.

Page 6 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34567891656 ... LastLast