2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 60
Page 60 of 86 FirstFirst ... 10505758596061626370 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH - my method would be: bulky stuff easily disposed goes out first - i.e. the boxes and recycle paper goes away. Clothing for donation goes thru wash & into bags. Schedule the pickup for ASAP. If you need to rest w/ your foot up there is always shredding to be done. You will feel better once that stuff is out of the way and it's not really something you can hire out.

Schedule cleaning service for bathrooms and vacuuming. Dusting if it really bothers you. Windows always low priority for me but there are service that will do inside & outside in half a day. They bring a bunch of guys & ladders.

Good morning. I went to the grocery and got free items and a few other things. They were doubling $1 coupons today so took advantage. I'm walking over to the garden to pick greens. Need exercise so walk fast. If zucchini has not sprouted I will put in more seeds. The yellow squash is already up. I am machine quilting the tan & beige quilt. Singer is behaving well. Need to figure out binding. I have cleaning chores left to complete and I brought home paid work if I feel like it. I have to put away the sewing machine for that.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Another beautiful spring day here, going to be warm though.

I have looked at Flylady in the past and not been able to "get into it". I did take her concept of "anyone can do anything for 15 minutes" to heart and try to clean and declutter a little every day. The house needs so much more than that now. I know I can't do it all in one day. I couldn't manage one room in one day. A week maybe.

I have decided on 3 things today:
    1. getting rid of the seed catalogs and other catalogs and booklets. They'll send me new ones I'm sure.
    2. moving the file folders of important papers to a less conspicuous place
    3. putting the crutches I borrowed into my car so they can be returned to their owner

DH is building new shelves in his office and when he is done (sometime in the next month I hope) he will give me his 36" wide book case. I have to figure out where it will fit. My sewing room has no more wall space.

I have also decided that the 40+ years of National Geographic magazines are going bye-bye. My dad got me a subscription when I was a kid and made me promise to never throw them out. But now they are just taking up space and they never get read. When I am mobile again I am going to advertise them on a local networking site and if nobody wants them then they go in the recycle.

Hoping to plant the 4-packs of flowers I got yesterday. The deck needs cleaning too, but I probably can't manage that. It's hard to move stuff or sweep when you can't walk. So, between that and the three list items and the usual tidying up and cooking that will be a full day.

Dlrcpa I hope you get some good greens out of your garden and you get some squash sprouted soon. Which reminds me that I need to find my cucumber seeds.

Everyone else have a good day!
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH see if there is senior center or school that wants Nat Geo. There is also this on the Nat Geo web site
    National Geographic | What can I do with my old National Geogr...

Ha ha, they also suggest checking w/ nearby prisons to donate to.

Swiss chard looked really good so I cut a lot and probably have 3 C cooked down. I use it in place of cooked spinach. Need to go find a recipe. I like creamed spinach. Smaller amount of salad greens but should hold me for a few days.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I got #1 done. Then I went out on the deck and sat and did some potting, and DH came out and started cleaning. So we got part of the deck tidied up. Still need to move the deck furniture and get all the dead leaves out. I tossed a lot of old nursery pots into the recycle. Bunch of dead plants from last year still need to be cleaned out.

DH moved the book case into the bedroom, it just barely fits between the closet and bathroom doors. That will get a bunch of crap up off the floor. Unfortunately the bolts of fabric that were in a box in that spot are too big to lay on the shelves so I have to figure out something. I don't want to unwind and fold it all (there are about ten bolts) but it may be the only option.

Had leftovers for lunch and are likely to have more leftovers for dinner. I love swiss chard just plain with butter and cider vinegar. Didn't get any planted this year though. Maybe I can squeeze a row in at the end of the month.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Visited my mom and brother this weekend. She will be 95 on May 24th and still going strong. Left feeling a little sad that I can't be there for her birthday. My depression keeps creeping back in despite everything I do to stop it. Working at the soup kitchen this morning, taking food to the food pantry, ordering t-shirts for show, and then rehearsal.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I had so much fun yesterday that I am sore today. Got a list of things to do today including some online orders. Thank goodness for Amazon delivery. I think I can manage cleaning the bathroom sink and mirror today.

Everyone have a great Monday!

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have contracted hubby's virus. So far not to bad but going to take it easy and skip exercise class also. I found a soup recipe for with orzo, swiss chard and a bit of sausage (also have ham to add if I think it's needed.) I'll do that tonight and work on the quilt again. 2 (of 8 planted) eggplant seeds finally sprouted.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hope you feel better soon. Soup ought to be nice with a cold.

I got the crutches out of the hallway and out to the car yesterday, that was my big achievement. I still need to figure out a place for the file folders. The corner I've been using is already stuffed. I think I need to toss/shred/burn some older years. How long do they recommend we keep papers now? Also still have to find a solution for the fabric pile. I can move stuff out of the sewing room onto the new shelves, but it won't solve the problem of where to put the fabric bolts. I think it is also time to put the winter coats into storage.

Treating a friend to lunch today. She is driving. Need to tidy up this morning.

We are going away for the weekend with friends. Yes I will be on the scooter all weekend. Should be interesting, the park we are going to is known for its hills. I need to get a bag out and start putting stuff into it.

Hope everyone has a successful day!
    Last edited by Contrary Housewife; 05-09-2017 at 10:26 AM.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I ran errands today had go post office pick up stamps go pick up meds. and to grocery store came home took a nap I moped all my floors yesterday and i was still tired today but needed medicine and stamps.Going try start washing cabinets tomorrow i think i have figured out a way to wash top cabinets without getting to high up on step stool if it works i will let everyone know.Everyone have a good night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Been super busy building costumes, so I have a few moments today to post. Cloudy today so I am going out to weed the flower beds, putting swiss chard in freezer, and maybe couponing before rehearsal today. I just have to get through May and then I can breathe again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. We got a little rain this morning. We need more. I put up 2 more quarts of swiss chard and 1 quart of stems yesterday in the freezer. My goal today is to clean the house before rehearsal and possibly hit the grocery store after I get home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My BF's allergy test showed dust mite allergy, so we've bought a new vacuum cleaner and we'll clean the house thoroughly this weekend.

It's Eurovision week and I'll watch tonight's Eurovision Song Contest semi final at a friend's house and she'll be here for the final on Saturday.

Today:

Grocery shopping - done
    Run dishwasher

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday got all kitchen and bathroom cabinet washed i took my dry swifter put and old wash cloth rung out that was in water and murphy oil and washed the outside of top kitchen cabinets it worked great.Didn't think i was going get them all done yesterday but kept working at it till i finished.Today done two loads laundry and put away run swifter over floors had company come in resting before fixing dinner we are suppose have storms again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got my quadruple batch of scalloped potatoes & ham made. Cheap & yummy & mess made just one time!
    DH got cover off pool, topping off the water & will get solar cover on by tomorrow.
    I have used an entire 55 quart bag of potting soil, repotting small cheap plants into larger pots. Still a little over two weeks till we can plant outside. I did have them in the garage & moved them out & in every day, then remembered a plastic cold frame I have. They stayed outside last night & I opened it up this morning. The varmits are still trying to get in the big pots. I put wire racks over them several days ago, & they must have gotten their paw between the spaces. There were two small claw marks on the plastic cold frame... A live trap will be set tonight. Just pray it isn't a skunk!
    It has been rainy here, so still don't have garden rototilled. Maybe tomorrow? Need to trim bushes, but again, a little damp. I am leery of using an electric hedge trimmer on a wet bush, but it would probably be OK.

Going to PA Saturday. My son is graduating college on Mother's Day! Great present. He already has a job in his field & things are looking good for him. Will drive back Monday.

Have a great evening!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lots of graduations going, that is nice and fun for everyone. I stopped at the grocery store for the free items (mostly dog & cat) and a bottle of 8 hour tylenlol. My back is acting up. Fortunately cold symptoms have subsided to almost nothing.

I picked & washed another gallon bag of swiss chard last night. I am trying another soup recipe tonight. Very similar to Tuesday. We'll see which one I like better. This recipe uses up a lot of stuff on hand. I will probably freeze most of this one. Figured the problem last year with the chard is leaf miners. I am starting to see it this year. Now I know what to do. Unfortunately planted tomatoes near the chard so they will probably be hit also. Damage control.

I have whole wheat bread in the bread machine. My goal is not to buy bread for a long while. I eat toast most mornings, so it is mostly for me.

I hope your day is going well.