2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 61
Page 61 of 86 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine - I just saw on tv that they are showing the end of Eurovision on one of our cable
    channels this weekend so I will tune in and see what it is all about. I didn't think we have
    ever been able to see it.

I hope fw2 of able to get back soon. It seems odd without her posts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Had a busy day. DH & I to drug mart for a card & some bananas, as well as toothpaste, reg 3.79, On sale for $3.00, used $2.00 coupon. Next kohls, two dress pants for DH, swim bottoms for me. Used birthday $10.00 coupon and 20% coupon. Came in @ $42.00 before tax, so I did not get kohls cash. I thought I would get it, but they take the coupon & discount off, then if it is $50.00, you get kohls cash. I was tempted to go get something else, but didn't feel like taking the time... Then a quick stop @ Aldi , eggs, veggies $3.45.
    Once home, boiled eggs, made deviled eggs, but kept the yolk mixture in a bag, Cut up a watermelon & will also take veggies- all for my contribution to cook out in PA.
    Spray painted three baskets, one for me @ one for each DD. Will plant impatiens in them for a porch basket. Also painted a magazine rack & a tissue box cover. Helped DH pick up sticks, wood he cut up. Got pool turned on & circulating, unloaded DW, brought all the plants in to the garage for the weekend. Running one load of clothes. Got packed. Cooking hot dogs over a campfire in a little bit & will enjoy a nice cold beer!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Took car for 100K miles service & inspection and waited. Only took 3.5 hours, but expensive. Finished library book. Otherwise just resting my back which is really acting up this week. Need to wash sheets but I am spending a lot of time lying on the bed. Need to find another place to lie down instead. Not sure if I will be able to accomplish anything tomorrow.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Me and youngest dd went bought flowers put graves where my parents and 4 brothers and 2 sisters are buried tomorrow is when they have services for that cementary then i went into town got gas and groceries.Hope all the Mothers on fv has a Happy mothers day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope you all had great weekends. My youngest son took me to lunch on Friday. My eldest son and daughter-in-law came up for the weekend. We went to a new coffee house on Saturday, then to a farmers market, lunch, and then to the horse races. I had never been to the races. I bet $2 on all 9 races and my horses won 1st in 3 of them, 2nd in one, and 3rd in another. Not so bad considering I had no clue what I was doing. They fixed brunch for me yesterday.

I'm in store for a hectic day today. I have to go to the post office, work at the soup kitchen, deliver food to the food pantry, pick up props from one theatre and take it to the theatre that the show in, move into the theatre, and rehearsal until 7 pm. By the time I get home, I am going to drop. The kids will be nuts today since we are on the big stage and some have never performed on it. I hope my back holds out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB good luck with your back. I called the chiropractor and they cannot see me until 3pm - ugh. Another day wasted I guess. Should have gone on Friday as hubby suggested, maybe I would have been able to accomplish something over the weekend. Dog club meeting tonight if I can manage to drive & sit for that long. We have an interesting speaker for once.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Had a busy weekend with friends at an amusement park. I was on the knee scooter and got a workout. The park was horribly packed with people, we couldn't even get disabled parking. It was fun, but not as much as some other times we've been there. We did get to enjoy some good live music though.

Foot is just about closed up. Tonight or tomorrow I think will be the last bandage. I've been walking a little, trying to learn my balance.

Came home to find one of my plants has thrips. Ugh. One of todays tasks is to play plant doctor. I think we have neem oil around somewhere. Hope nothing else has caught it.

Did not get any shopping done over the weekend so #2 is to inventory the fridge and plan the weekly menu.

Tested some cucumber seed last week. It was several years old so I put it on a wet napkin and 48 hours later they had tails. Thursday I planted them in pots. Friday before we left two were peeking through the soil. Came home to 6" tall seedlings.

Third task today is to collect trash and recycling. Trucks come tomorrow, so best to get it ready today.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday was a nightmare. I ended up being the only volunteer on one of the busiest days of the month at the soup kitchen. Moving into the theatre was hectic, as well. Today I'm just working on a few costumes and props. My poor DH is having to fend for himself for the next two weeks. He will survive. Me, not so much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hope everyone is feeling better today.

I sprayed the oxalis and I think it will recover. Poor thing only has 3 leaves left, but they are hardy.

Going to be another warm day. Yesterday hit 90F. We are monitoring chances for severe weather day by day this week. I am going to get the brush clippers and spend 15 minutes outside this morning working on the flower beds. There are 4 ft tall trees growing in my daylilies and so much honeysuckle to rip out. And I need to get the grapevines too. Once the chiggers wake up there is zero chance that will get done this year.

Then it's time for some serious cleaning in the kitchen again, sweep and scrub (at least part of) the floor. Clean the counters, you know how stuff accumulates.

Third, I owe some blocks for a quilting exchange, so will spend time on those.

Still trying to work out the storage issues with the extra fabric. Maybe I will see a solution once I get in the sewing room.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My middle son fixed me a larger pantry so yesterday worked most of day sorting things out in there and rerranging some things around in kitchen still got at least two more days work in kitchen taking everything out cabinets wiping them out putting things where i want them this way can get all small appliances in cabinet or utility room i hate having even the dish drainer on cabinet if it not in use.Everyone have a wonderful day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Busy around here, cleaning, throwing stuff out, piling things to donate. DH has gotten all the new Hardie board siding done on the back of the garage and all that's left to do is paint. This week is hot, highs in the 90s, typical summer weather pattern.

Yesterday I got some of the screened porch cleaned up. DH has dumped a lot of tools on it while he's working on the garage so I swept and cleaned and arranged around that. I got all the boxes cut down for recycling (boxes from unpacking my parents' stuff). Today I need to package pork chops for the freezer, vacuum/mop, go through coupons and discard old ones, deal with litter boxes, plan menus, make shopping lists for WM and grocery, unload dishwasher and put away clean stuff on counters, etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB sorry you had a lousy day. Dr. Chiro helped me yesterday although I am still pretty sore. Made it through the work day today. My co-worker will be gone the rest of the week due to a death in the family, so I must hold down the fort on my own. We are due for 90 degree weather like some of you had already. I went to the garden and dumped 6 buckets of water on various plants so they would have a chance. I cut back the chard - it is trying to go to seed. Brought home the stems and stripped & washed in the kitchen. So I have a gallon bag to cook tomorrow. Need a new recipe.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Another busy day. Going to Scraps Denton, a place where people can donate anything leftover craft stuff. Gotta find some ribbon and velcro. Going to costume closet to pick up costumes to deliver to MainStage and then I have a few more costumes to work on. Yesterday I started to head to the theatre and my car wouldn't start. Thank goodness DH could get me there on time. Come to find out I had to have a new battery. DH and a neighbor replaced it while I worked.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yesterday was a good day. I got in my 15 minutes of yard work and will do the same today. We had storms last night, but they just missed us. Supposed to get more this afternoon. Also going to do a few more spring cleaning things.

Today's plan is ambitious:

1. 15 minutes weeding
    2. remove empty pots and dead plants from the deck
    3. clean bathroom rugs
    4. cut and sew quilt blocks

The sewing would normally only take me a couple hours start to finish, but I am not used to standing like I used to and I get tired easily now. Got to build up that stamina again.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I probably should crawl back into this challenge again. Maybe it would help me focus better.

Today I need to:
    1. Put away clean dishes and wash dirty ones.
    2. Repot the last seedlings from the AG, move them to the greenhouse, and get the AG cleaned up to put away.
    3. Clear off kitchen island.

It looks like you all have been busy lately.