2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 63
Page 63 of 86 FirstFirst ... 13536061626364656673 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ugh, what an expensive month. A/C needs an expensive part, over $1.5K to fix sometime next week. No choice in the matter., at least it is not too hot yet and we found out now rather than during a heat wave. I discovered leftover soup in the fridge so will eat that tonight. Skipping exercise class as just too stressful on my back. I have housework to do instead at a leisurely pace.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went to Ikea yesterday and got a narrow bookcase for our pantry. Assembled it and reorganized the pantry today.

Today:

Run dishwasher.
    Tidy up the spare bedroom for the cat. I hope she's not too much of a trueble maker and do things like eating cables. I'm so excited to get her.
    Vacuum floors.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It was cold yesterday and I could have stayed home in my fluffy bathrobe but I got up off my ass and went to the gym. They were happy to see me back. Yoga class moved to Tues, so I used the weight machines as much as I was able. I thought I was going to be sore today, because I was pretty achy last night, but I feel great!

Today I have a checklist of housekeeping and bill paying to do, plus the vegetable garden. Then go over the ads and make a list and menu for next week. Might also do the shopping for the weekend. I got a side of ribs for the smoker, but need to get ingredients to make coleslaw and might get some corn if it looks good.

Need to cook off some breakfast sausage and get out those frozen eggs for DH's breakfast muffins. Hopefully if I can get him energized with breakfast he won't spend the entire long weekend in front of the tv.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have gotten so much rain over the past few days. Went to the garden for 30 minutes but got chased home by thunder & rain. I think a rabbit is getting in the plot and maybe a hole in the fence were wood was piled. Moved all the wood, do not see an opening so still a mystery. 2 of the 4 cucumber stems split lengthwise. Probably too much rain? Will try burying the stems. I still have 2 to plant. Couple of bean plants chewed down.

I made the stir-fry swiss chard again, that was my supper. I'll make cookie dough and refrigerate. A/C gets fixed Friday afternoon. I am off work. Can bake cookies for dad once A/C is fixed. Assemble lasagne to take to parents on Saturday. Also make chicken salad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tonight is opening night. I'm ready for this show to be over. Monday can't come soon enough. Don't forget to download your Silk or International Delight Coffee creamer on your Kroger card.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday weekend!
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey everybody!

Tine, congratulations on the new kitty! Cats are awesome. Kittens are adorable but so destructive. Glad you're giving an older cat a good home. Post pix when she settles in.

CH and Winkie, I can drive a stick too. My first two cars were sticks. I couldn't drive one when I bought my first one (1975 Ford Pinto Runabout) so my dad had to drive it home from the dealership and he and my brother taught me how to drive it in the school parking lot on the weekend and after school. I loved driving it. Kept it 10 years and then got a Nissan Sentra with a stick. We traded it in when our first child was almost 2 and have had automatics ever since but I would love to have a stick again. And yes, young people (especially guys) are always impressed when a mature woman can drive one!

dlrcpa, you've been busy! I envy you your garden.

Gbug, good luck with the play. I'd say "break a leg" but at our age, it's not a good thing to wish on anyone for any reason.

ermadunk, how are you?

SD, welcome back!

fw still isn't back?

Vertigo has been awful. I've started lying down every afternoon for a while to see if that will get me through till bedtime without dizziness. I feel fine in the mornings, so maybe it's a fatigue thing?? Whatever it is, it's frustrating. If it continues another week or so I'll make an appointment with my ENT. I also found some online resources that are proving helpful in educating myself about it.

DD is still early-pregnancy sick. First OB/GYN appointment is soon. Her fiance got a new fulltime job with regular hours that he loves so that's encouraging.

For this weekend:

1) Baking (while it's relatively cool)
    2) Laundry--lots!
    3) Cleaning--- our bedroom is awful
    4) Gather donation items
    5) End-of-month financials

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC I hope you figure out the vertigo. I hate being unable to do the things I want. I gave the chiropractor a good rating on Facebook and he sent a thank-you card. I plugged a possible hole in the fence and planted more beans. Did not read the package and accidentally planted pole beans to fill in where the bush beans were chewed down. Oh well, roll with it. They are near a fence so maybe that will work out. Met new gardeners, they waited 3 years for their chance at a plot. Worked on the yard also (weeds and sticks). Everything squishes, it is so wet. A/C is fixed. It has been cool all week and I am thankful we found out before the weather was really hot.

I will be with parents all day Saturday. Have a good day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

One show under the belt and another one this afternoon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB - 24 hours to Monday!
    If the rain holds off I have more yard work to do. The area where I pulled weeds Friday looks so much better. I still have not washed screens & windows or put deck furniture out.

Laundry. Brush the dog & clean ears. Burgers & fries or macaroni salad. Movie on DVD " The Accountant".

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Back to the soup kitchen, taking things back to the black box theatre, and cleaning makeup box and rearganizing. Looks like we may have rain today. Going to get back to cooking dinner today for DH. Have a safe holiday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Grocery shopped and got dog treats at PetSmart w/ coupon. Need to meal plan for June to keep the budget REALLY LOW. Another big expense coming up in June. To do: recycle/sewing projects, bake bread and muffins. Dog gets flea medication today, so no bath. Plan for & do exercise since class is on 1 month break.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We picked up our cat today. It took her half an hour to lay in our laps and her new favorite place to sleep is on my thighs when I'm​ lying on my stomach. She's cute, calm, and a bit lazy. Probably fits us well. She's a former stray, but is so relaxed, trusting and hasn't even scratched us.

2017 To-Do Challenge-img_20170530_180156016_crop_359x502.jpg

2017 To-Do Challenge-img_20170530_215531305_crop_511x353.jpg
    Last edited by Tine; 05-30-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cute, you will enjoy the company and thank you for giving her a home.
    Was planning to sew this evening but my fingers are sore from hand-sewing the past 2 days, so I need to pick something else to work on. I did finish 2 sew/recycle projects involving an old bath mat and a towel.

We are expecting thunderstorms so won't use the sewing machine either. Quick supper of leftovers.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I dehydrated fresh basil and also chopped and put some in muffin tins with water and froze them for later use. Went to lunch with a friend. Took costumes to cleaners and one back to the costumer. Made DH chicken and dumplings for dinner. Also made strawberry coconut popsicles.