2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 64
Page 64 of 86 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465666774 ... LastLast
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Tine, what is the kitty's name?

I spent all day yesterday driving or at a hospital. I had one morning appt which was nothing, and then one after lunch with the foot doctor. I had to wait 3 hours to be seen, and then another half hour for scheduling only to be told they aren't making dates that far out yet. Grr! It took over an hour to get home in rush hour traffic.

I have been pronounced healed, even though the "big" hole is still only scabbed over, and a smaller area that had a scab come off is still oozing and needs to be bandaged for another week or three. Ugh. I have a painful spot under the big toe and the doctor was like "Oh we could just cut it open again" (not his exact words, but the general intent). But I did get x-rays of the other foot, saving a frustrating return trip in a couple months, and we were in agreement that surgery will happen on that one too. I am aiming for early November, but I can't schedule it until August.

I will be doing more planning and prep for that one. I thought I was pretty well set up, but DH had a hard time with certain aspects of it. He said working all day and coming home and having to make dinner and clean the house was too hard. I thought of the millions of women who do that every day and just kept my mouth shut. He means well but sometimes doesn't understand. Anyway, I will need to label everything in the freezer, and take a photo so I can point to it and show him where things are kept. I'm also planning on clearing out the kitchen freezer so more can be kept there, with less trips to the garage. More convenience foods, frozen dinners and the like. Some I will make myself.

Anyway... today's plan is to

-- go to the gym and do weights
    -- plant the last 2 tomatoes and some peppers
    -- get some quilt blocks made, I really slacked last week
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine - Your new cat is very pretty. I also wondered what her name was. Beautiful markings.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I'm having IGF-1 injection in my back. Don't even know what that stands for, but it's suppose to help find the source of pain. Went in early only to find out that I wasn't due for a few more hours, so I came home and now I'm waiting. Had a little storm last night and looks like more rain today. My veggies and flowers need it. Nothing else happening here today.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB- good luck with the shot- sounds painful. Glad you are thru w/your play. Did you say what it was?

CH- you are coming right along with your foot. Sorry you had such a long day getting checked out.

ILC- sorry your vertigo is messing up your life. Hope the afternoon rests will help.

A lot of people are surprised I drive a stick shift, as I am a mature woman as well. Got stuck in an hour long traffic jam yesterday afternoon on the freeway & thought my left leg was going to get worn out.

We went to Texas for the Memorial Day weekend. Travelled Thursday evening. Had all sorts of flight delays, rental car not available, yada, yada. Finally got to bil's house afternoon Friday. They have a beautiful home outside of Houston. We had a room with private bath. The other two couples had a jack & Jill bathroom to share. Beautiful pool & spa looked like something from TV. Real luxury. Enjoyed time with DH's brothers and sister in laws. Got home Monday night late & had no electricity.
    Went to DD 2 on Wednesday after work. Helped her with yard & getting ready for a party. She volunteered to host a graduation party for a student who is here from another country & doesn't have family here. She is also a leader at vacation bible school & she really has too much going on.
    This afternoon I Finally got flowers planted in pots. Did the three hanging baskets on the porch & 4 huge pots. Still have more big pots & some perennials that needed planted in the ground.
    Still need to plant garden. It is getting close to being late for the garden, but it will be ok. This weekend will be busy. Saturday will work at the crack of dawn @ church breakfast, then oldest granddaughter (DH's) graduation party at 1:00. Will miss another meeting I was supposed to go to. Sunday is church & I must work on the garden.
    My work schedule is all messed up from the switching around, so I have to work tomorrow. It will probably be like this all summer.

Everyone have a great evening!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Winkie, the play was REYNARD THE FOX, a French folktale. I was sedated during the injection and I woke up this morning pain free and no spasms. First time in 30 years. IGF-1 is a miracle therapy.

Going to be a rainy weekend. Don't forget your Friday download on your Kroger card. Don't know what it is, but it is free. Going to get my haircut today. Finally going to pick up the costume cleaning and return everything to the black box theatre costume room. Have to pick up wigs that were loaned to another director. Going to make blackberry handles for DH sometime today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB - glad that you are feeling better, hope it lasts quite a while.
    Winkie I had several cars w/ stick shift but traffic is awful around here so I am happy for automatic. If course current hybrid does not have gears at all, and I plan to stick w/ hybrids or electric cars in the future.

Rabbit has been at the garden. I have just a few bean plants left from a 12' row. Replanted & covered. Other stuff slow to germinate due to cool wet weather.

Lots to do for the weekend. I hope the weather holds up. We had rain for about a week straight and everything is sodden. I have not put deck furniture outside yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad the shot helped GB! I will have to look up Reynard the Fox.

Rabbits are cute @ the fair, but a menace in the garden! They chewed through my fence one year. Hope you get to raise the next row of beans to maturity. It is cool here too, that's why I am not in panic mode in getting the garden in.

I had a little three speed Gremlin 40 years ago when I lived in Long Island. Some days on the Long Island expressway I didn't even get into third gear because traffic was so slow.

I will quit procrastinating & get outside! I did get two loads of wash done & completely put away. I can work on that on my breaks during my work day.
    DH says we are having a campfire, so hotdogs tonight over the fire will be dinner. I would be foolish to disagree!

Have a great evening everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today was crazy day at the grocery store. I had to park at the far edge of the lot and walk in. A one-day sale combined with lots of store promotions. There was a hot dog vendor blocking the entrance outside, a lemonade stand blocking the inside, and a bunch of food sample booths, plus the state lottery giving away prizes. I won a free t-shirt.

All this for .39 eggs, .99 cheese, and .99 sugar and a few other really good deals. I still have to go to the other store for 1.88 chicken breasts. Maybe Sunday.

I had to get up early, after not sleeping most of the night, to take a sick cat to the only appt the vet had open this week. It's Lady and her allergies again, she's been sneezing and snuffling. She got a shot and some drops, and she will be fine.

Having brunch with friends tomorrow and trying to decide if I want to make kolaches tonight and sleep in, or do them early in the morning so they are fresher. I think sleep is going to win.

Have a happy and safe weekend everyone!
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi, ladies!

CH, glad your foot is officially healed, but sorry you have to have surgery on the other.
    I am SO with you on husbands just not understanding... Bless their hearts.
    Glad your cat will be fine.

Winkie, I remember the Gremlin! Did you love it? I loved my Pinto and drove it for 10 years till it just as reliable as I needed it to me. I zipped all over the place in that thing.
    Glad you had a good visit in Texas.

dlrcpa, your garden sounds great. DH bought 2 tomato plants at Home Depot and that's the extent of our vegetable garden this year. We have planted a number of bushes and flowering plants the last few weeks. Today DH transplanted some caladiums from the front of the house to the backyard where we think they'll be happier. I've got to finish raking all the beds and lay down fresh mulch.

Tine, your kitty is darling. So glad she's settling in well. So many people believe cats are aloof and unfriendly but they really are delightful animals.

Gbug, glad your back is better! Yea! I'll need to read up on the shot since I've never heard of it.

Anyone I missed, hi, hope you're well.

For this weekend:

1) Walmart, Dollar Tree, Kroger
    2) Laundry
    3) General reset of the downstairs
    4) Church on Sunday
    5) Plan menus
    6) Do some rearranging in pantry
    7) Yardwork, depending on temps/humidity level

DD goes for her first prenatal visit on Tuesday and she's hoping to hear the baby's heartbeat. She is now working part time where her fiance is working full time and likes it very much. At least now they're not as worried about finances as they have been.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Heavy rain yesterday and probably raining all weekend. Doing laundry today. Made my Dmom some pickled beets yesterday. Weeded the okra and zucchini. Still no back pain. Not planning on doing much today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am remembering my Pinto. It was my first car that I bought myself. I drove a stick shift for years.
    We don't have one now but its a good memory.

I wonder when fw2 will return. I miss her posts

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes I loved my Gremlin. It was purple! I bought it brand new when I was 18 years old. The payment was $60.00 per month for two years. Those were the days... Several people I knew had Pintos.
    ILC - I bet your whole family is excited about the new baby! Great news that the couple have promising jobs.

CH great grocery deals! What store? I got milk for 97 cents a gallon @ Aldi & thought I hit the jackpot.

Today cooked bacon @ church from 6:45 am to 10:30, then got home, showered again, then an hour drive to oldest grandchild's grad party. ( I napped in the car.) It was a strange situation since this is my stepson's adopted daughter & he is now divorced from her mom. His ex wife's parents are also divorced. So attending were ex daughter in law's mom & new husband, her dad & new wife, DH's ex & her new husband's sister, and us. Also my ex daughter in law has a new man & he & his parents were there too. And it was at a stranger's house because two graduates went together for the party. Everyone gets along ok. Since step son was married 10 years, we know most of her family. I had a nice chat with dil's step mom, who suggested we go sky diving together. Then ended up sitting with DH's ex wife & her sister in law, Sharon. Thank God for Sharon! Had a delightful chat with her that did not involve knowing who was married or divorced from who! (She never married) Of course I got to see 4 precious grandchildren , so all the Hoo haw is worth it.
    I made a frozen pizza from Aldi for dinner & thought it was pretty good, but DH said my home made is better.
    Planted 6 more pots & mostly have the flowers used up. Tomorrow we will go to church & then to graduation. May actually work on the garden in the evening.

Everyone have a great evening!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Winkie that is a very interesting family tree and lucky young lady to have lots of people caring and wishing her well.
    Saturday washed screens and some windows. More windows to do. Brought deck chairs out. The table is a 2-person job, so hopefully today. I mixed up some baking mixes in pint jars to use later this summer. All can be made in the microwave also. Made veg soup in the crock pot with a ham bone and froze 3 QT.

Today: walk to/from garden for greens, brush & bathe the dog. I would like to bind the quilt edges so I can put it away. Need to figure out how to sell these small quilts & baby afghans later in the year, I have several to dispose of.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Winkie, what a busy day you had. So great that everyone gets along. Those prices were at Hyvee, one of the grocery chains in this area. The chicken is at Price Chopper, but it's a different chain than the one out east.

Yesterday was a long day, went for brunch and didn't get home until 5pm, but it was a fun day. Some pastries left over for breakfast this morning. A lot of leftovers from this week, in fact, I told DH I'm not cooking today and he knows where the food is.

The cat is doing better, not sneezing much at all now.

ACE hardware out here has all the garden plants at 50% off, so I picked up two basil plants and a pot of flowers that still have life in them. The basil has started to seed, but not too badly, I think I can get them back in shape. Going to muck about in the garden some and hope it is not buggy yet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, the family connections (or disconnections) are pretty extreme...But so far it has all worked out. Went back for graduation today & it rained so it had to be held inside the gym. 296 graduates, so the gym was packed with guests. Rained at home too so no outside work. I was willing to work out in the drizzle, but then it started to lightning.
    Dlrcpa, you are getting lots done! What all did you put in your soup? I guess I have the notion that I should always make bean soup with ham bone, so veggie soup sounds interesting.
    DH, we do not have Hyvee stores around here. I have been to Price Shopper in PA, but sounds like that is a different one. Glad your kitty is better.
    On the way home today, we stopped @ Discount DrugMart & I got six more tomato plants for 50 cents each. Also got shave cream BOGO, and Maxwell House instant coffe, 8oz jar for $2.99. The coffee was about $4.00 savings.
    Unloaded, loaded the dishwasher. Tidied up the bedroom from the mess I made looking for cooler pants to wear to graduation. My clothes storage needs a major overhaul. I managed to lose 15 pounds so I have been digging through my smaller stuff as I need something instead of going through everything in an organized fashion.
    Tomorrow I will work my eight hours, & will try to work on garden. It is our small group walking night & will probably go to that. Making chicken for dinner. Doubt I will get much more done. Will try to get the thank you card sent to Texas.