2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 65
Page 65 of 86 FirstFirst ... 15556263646566676875 ... LastLast
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Feeling like #@!$ today. Did not sleep even 1 hour last night due to pain and the oxycodone only gave me a headache.

Took DH's car for an inspection this morning because the registration expired. He was "too busy" to take care of it last month and I couldn't drive until 10 days ago, so it expired. And wouldn't you know, I got spotted by a cop less than a mile from the house. Grr. Just going to pay the "stupid tax" tomorrow. I should have switched plates with my other car first. But at least that is done for a couple more years.

It's already too hot to dig in the garden but I might go water later if I'm awake. I'm thinking the rest of today is shot. I'm exhausted.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went to a nutrition class this morning and then worked at the soup kitchen. Got some free makeup. Woo!Hoo! Cooked beef tenderloin medallions and salad for dinner. Still no back pain!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Up early with the fur babies. Made pancakes for DH. Rarely do I make breakfast. On the agenda today: Post office, 5 Below, Dr. appointment. Need to get in the garden and cut the last of the swiss chard and get it into the freezer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The veg soup recipe is by Martha Stewart and I just throw the ham bone in there also.
    Big-Batch Vegetable Soup

Yippee. Today I get to resign from current job. Will figure out end date so I have a few days off. I start at the new job on June 26. Hubby says I need to buy new clothing. Pondering that. I did get a haircut 2 weeks ago after none for 1-2 years.

It rained all day Monday so no gardening. Hopefully tonight. Brush dog and take his picture. He turned 16 a few days ago and I need to post an update picture. Hoping for a sunny day for that too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dlrcpa,Thanks for the soup recipe! It looks good.

CH, hope you are getting rested up & having a better day.

I planted in my garden last evening!! WooHoo! 18 tomatoes, 6 cabbage, 11 assorted peppers, two Zuchhini & a pumpkin. I have onions out there from last year & they are looking good. I still want to plant potatoes , cucumbers, beans. It is hard telling what all I will plant. Maybe beets, probably yellow squash & winter squash & more zuchhini. Last year I planted watermelon & Canteloupe , but they take up so much room.
    This evening I spent a couple hours weeding flower beds. Looks way better, but still needs a little more work.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dlrcpa- congrats on the new job! Wishing you the best of luck in your new position!

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yesterday was a good day. I got up and had energy so I did a major clean up job in the kitchen, then went to lunch with a friend. It was too hot to get into the yard, but I was able to pick our little patch of spinach to have with dinner. That was our first garden harvest (aside from herbs) this year.

It is cooler this morning so I think I am going to skip the gym and get the remaining vegs planted. Have 2 tomatoes and 3 peppers to go in. Have to find a spot for the thyme, the oregano and sage have taken over the herb bed. This coming week is supposed to be nice, in the low 80's and then the following week we get blasted with summer heat.

So much stuff to get caught up on this week. Dentist appt later today, but I want to squeeze in a trip to Hobby Lobby. There's a new bagel shop I MUST check out, we might finally have real bagels and not these hockey pucks the locals have been serving up.

Tomorrow another cat goes to the vet for her annual check up. She will cry the whole trip.

Friday I will be in a craft class at the dollhouse show all day and then we have dinner plans with friends and it will be a very late night. It's a potluck party so I need to think of something quick and easy. Maybe a bag of salad, or pita and hummus from the local middle eastern grocery. Then Sunday we do it again with different friends.

Next week I have to take DH's car for service (routine) and I have a long overdue visit to the asian grocery store for supplies and ingredients. I have to go by the bank and take care of some stuff, and my hair stylist probably thinks I died since I didn't get my winter trim and touch up. I need to get several inches lopped off for summer.

Well, better get off my butt and get moving. Have a great day everyone!
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congrats on all the successes that seems to be happening. I went and had bloodwork done this morning. Going to do laundry and clean the house today. Found out that I won't have to pay any out of pocket for my surgery on the 19th. I have almost met all of my out of pocket for out patient, too. What a relief! I still have a ton of medical bills, but they will get paid in time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Talked to neighbor gardener this evening. We have a mice problem, not a rabbit problem. No wonder my efforts were for nothing. Mice are so much smaller than rabbits, plus they will tunnel. New plan in effect (plastic mesh netting around most everything.) Planted more beans. Neighbor gardener also recommended blood meal, which I happened to have at home. Her vegetables look really good except the ones getting chewed down. Blood meal will get applied in the next few days. Not much else accomplished.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dircpa-Good luck with the pest problem. I just have squash bugs.

Busy day ahead: Dr. appointment, Dollar store, clean kitchen, shampoo bedroom carpet,put up beets and swiss chard. Hopefully going to free concert on the courthouse lawn tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow, I counted last night and only have 8 more days at old job (counting today.) New job will have longer commute some thinking of time-saving ideas (breakfast in car, pm snack in car driving home), crock pot meals, etc. Back to meal planning and making sure pantry is stocked. Very excited about new job, just have to wait and see how that office is set up (fridge? microwave? how do other women dress?) Not very organized for today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dircpa--Starting something new is exciting. Congratulations and good luck. You may have to get some audio books if you are a reader.

It's storming this morning. We need the rain, so I am not complaining. Taking flowers to the cemetery for decoration day this weekend. Ironing, getting ready for a yard sale tomorrow and getting the online advertising done is on my agenda. Also need to hit Dollar Tree again. I may sew and paint an outdoor candle holder.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Watered garden. There are only 2 faucets at the site so there is competition. Pulled pesto from freezer and making some pasta. There is leftover rotisserie turkey or beef. Hubby is late so I will eat without him and he can eat when he comes in. Meal planning and grocery list for this evening. I also pulled some ham pieces from freezer. I would rather have quart containers of soup already made and frozen in the event of power outages than have raw (or cooked) meat frozen. Just easier to deal with and can take frozen soup to parents also.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2017 To-Do Challenge-image.jpeg
    I made this flower arrangement this morning & dropped it off at the funeral home. The dad of a friend of my daughters passed & while we were discussing ordering flowers, I volunteered to put an arrangement together.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When I went to my garden, several plants were dug up. I replanted & sprinkled blood meal all over. Planted 5 rows of potatoes, a row of green beans, a whole bed of onions. Cucumber, zuchhini & yellow squash seeds.