2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 69
Page 69 of 86 FirstFirst ... 19596667686970717279 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1284
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome back ilovechocolate!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Early bird, Menards is a home improvement store, but they have a food and HBA section too. They always have some gimmick going on, either 11% rebate on total charges, or individual rebates on certain items. The rebates are store vouchers, so you have to go back. I play the game, send in my rebates, go back & buy more... Lately I have been watching the coupons in Sunday paper & matching them to sale items @ Menards. It's a fun pass time.
    Yesterday afternoon, I made a trellis from a wire wine rack I bought at a garage sale, plus a piece of wood I bought at the ReStore. DH was gone, so I got to use tools unsupervised! Used a saw, drill & electric screw driver, woo Hoo!
    Installed the trellis in the garden & planted gourds around it. Then I found some volunteer tomato plants in the garden & transplanted them to a better place. I have tomatoes on my bigger plants & blossoms on the zucchini. Potato plants
    are looking pretty good. If I get a pepper of any kind I will count myself lucky. The ones that weren't dug up are pathetic. One of the six cabbage plants got eaten. The other five have protection. It's a little tacky looking, but the racks out of an old dishwasher work great to protect cabbage.
    Got my food prepped, cut up watermelon & canteloupe, mixed up cheesy potatoes, pulled burgers out of the freezer. Made brownies.
    Worked today from 6:00 - 2:00 when step daughter was expected, but she didn't show up until 4:00. Kids had fun in pool & hot tub, DH grilled burgers & hot dogs. A nice full day.
    Tomorrow I want to work more in garden, basic maintenance, weeding, hoeing. May plant more cucumbers and green beans. DH is going on a car buying trip with his daughter. So I will have a few hours to myself after work. We are having over night guests Saturday, so I really need to kick it in gear & get spare bed room cleared out. I still haven't got it back in shape after the remodel last winter. Two spare bed rooms are ready to go. So at least it is just one...
    Don't have to cook tomorrow, as we have left overs, plus not sure when DH will be home.
    Have a great evening!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everybody. A work day today. 1) submitted a bunch of forms needed for work 2) filing & shredding 3) quilt binding

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday, I weeded & hoed, then transplanted a couple more volunteer tomatoe plants. I lost so many, that the volunteers are welcome, but they are likely cherry tomatoes, which won't contribute to salsa making. I also planted more cucumbers & green beans. Weeded some in front flower bed. Did dishes, made myself some stir fry for dinner.
    Today I will go to the grocery after work & get what I need for weekend guests. I already unloaded the dishwasher. Not cooking again tonight, still have left overs. Tomorrow will be devoted to clearing the bedroom. The vacuum threw sparks when DH was trying to use it, so I guess I should look for a new one. I thought it was a goner a few months ago, but I brought it back to life. I am considering buying a small air conditioner for guest room. We have one in our bedroom & it really makes it nice to sleep. The kids all have central air, so they roast at my house. I will put in the room my daughter sleeps in. The littles
    can be warm, or sleep with their mom!
    Saturday I have 8:30 am meeting, then baby shower @1:00, then kids/grands will come for dinner & overnight. They will go to church with us Sunday & stay til afternoon, so a couple more meals. Then once they leave, we are going to a grad party for my niece's son. A very full weekend!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Winkie, reading your post today made me tired! You're a lot busier than I am.

Today I went across the county to deliver something to a friend who will leave Sunday for Alaska with a group from their church. Then DH and I went to Aldi for our "big shop" for the month, dropped books at the library, and got dog food. I intend to stay inside as much as possible the rest of the day----temps in mid-90s with heat indices 100+. It's quite miserable.

Got to put up clean laundry, work on menus, record July's expenditures, catch up on some Bible reading, do a general pickup of the den,put away groceries from Aldi trip...just a bunch of little chores. Anything to stay out of the heat.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went to PetSmart and used coupon on dog & cat supplies. Visited garden - pitiful. I think I will not rent the space next year, it is July and almost no useful food so far. Worked in the yard a bit, cut out fabric for 1 quilt block. Made supper and grocery list for tomorrow. Completed a survey and earned $10 CVS Extrabucks - that will be used next week. I completed some free training via the internet, required to have a certain number of hours yearly.

Sunday: buy groceries, make pizza & bread, work in the yard. Weather is supposed to be really nice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got my to do list completed, including buying the vacuum & the air conditioner. Put in a full day Friday getting room ready. Had a great weekend!
    Just got home from grad party. Got to see numerous friends & relatives.

Tomorrow: clean out fridge
    Take out compost
    Make grocery list for next week.

Will have swimmers again I Wednesday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Winkie - now I am really looking forward to a Menards. Also supposed to get a Meijers someday. Our Kmart will be closing so hopefully something new will come into that store. I have been stopping more and more at Big Lots lately.

Its muggy here this week and the sun is like a laser beam. I resisted but had to turn on the a/c today. We went out and walked at cemetary (did i spell that right?) and it was humid. Ran into my sister there, she was walking on her lunch break. On way home we stopped and got 2 vanilla frosties at Wendys and put in freezer for tonight. They are only 50 cents for a limited time. We used to go to DQ but 2 small cones are 3.98. Just too expensive but I guess we don't need it either. My weight loss is stalled and I think I need a different approach. I came across an old food calculator and points book from my weight watchers days so I am thinking I will give that a try. I will have to pay attention to portion sizes when figuring points and maybe thats what I need.

Have a good day to everyone.

1. Finish dusting 2. Start bracelet kit 3. Get paperwork in order and filed

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's been a while :-) Days filled up with gardening and such. Anyway, I have come here for some advice. (Background) Because my parents live within driving distance to my place and my siblings live further (about 30-45 minutes away), I am on call for them in terms of doctor's appts, ordering meals on wheels as well as preparing food for them, and general drop ins to see how they are doing. I always arrange family get togethers for my parent's birthdays (at their place because of mobility issues). My dad gifts me some money to help out with the gas/grocery costs etc.

I would love it if my siblings were get a tad more involved and am wondering if I should ask if one of them would be able to organize the next family get together. It takes a bit of organization to get emails out to everyone, arrange who brings what in terms of food, etc. I have been criticized in the past when asking for help (long story) and am reluctant to reach out but maybe I should give it another try. What would you do?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

momoffiveboys- I know this happens a lot in families as parents age. We lived the closest to my MIL, so we did a lot of the running for her.
    Not sure what you have tried already, but maybe splitting up, or rotating the holiday celebrations would work. Something like "who would like to do mom's birthday next year?" Or sibling one does Thanksgiving, July 4th, one birthday & sibling two does Christmas, Easter & the other parent's birthday. Then that sibling could control the whole party & not feel someone else was telling them what to do.
    Or split up, like one person sends invitations,
    One gets the food, one gets the cake. We did that once & it worked pretty well.
    Good luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It has rained here for days...
    Monday I did not do my chores, as I worked extra, then we made a trip to Sam's club, then went with our walking group (it stopped raining for an hour or so)
    Tuesday I worked extra again, but got fridge cleaned out & compost taken care of. Not very frugal- I pitched every fruit/veggie- they were past their prime & I didn't want to try to salvage bits & pieces...I also let a $5.00 package of hamburger go bad. I never do that, always divide up & freeze right away, but this one got away from me.
    Then a pulled a couple 5 gallon buckets of weeds & called it a day. We went to the free concert in the park- packed sandwiches & DH made a batch of popcorn to take along. Had to run to the store for just a couple things, but Aldi was already closed, so had to go to Meijers. That was a disaster in many ways. First I couldn't find anything, then it all seemed so high priced. Then when I was checking out in self check out, an item range up too high & I got the attendant to help me. She said I had the wrong product, so I said I would go back & get the right one. When I came back another lady was checking out on my lane. I thought the attendant suspended my order, but no, she did not. The lady was almost through her groceries on my order. Each item had to be taken off individually & they moved the lady to another lane. When I was all done, there was still an item that was not mine on my receipt. The attendant that helped me went on break. The new attendant said I would have to go to customer service to get it resolved. I was not happy. The original attendant reappeared to get a cigarette & luckily she took charge & refunded me. That will teach me to postpone shopping for a free concert!
    Today it rained & stormed early, but is supposed to get hot. I have pizza dough in the bread machine, when my swimmers get here we are making homemade pizza & bread sticks. I am only working until noon.Yipee!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Winkie - it made my head spin to read the checkout story. Sometimes things just spiral out of control. Glad you got it straightened out. I don't do well on self checkout and usually just stand in line for a cashier.

Today was library day. I loaded up on some simple living books. My husband reads all the newspapers while I browse books. Then to Mcdonalds for lunch. On way home we stopped at cemetary and walked around twice. The sun came out at the end of wow it got hot. Home now and dryer back on. I don't have much to do so will play some pogo i guess.
    I am looking up points for what i will be eating. Will make a list of the food I eat all the time.

I did get my 3 things done yesterday and today 1) wash towels (almost done) 2) go to library (done) 3. walk for 30 mins (done)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Winkie View Post
    momoffiveboys- I know this happens a lot in families as parents age. We lived the closest to my MIL, so we did a lot of the running for her.
    Not sure what you have tried already, but maybe splitting up, or rotating the holiday celebrations would work. Something like "who would like to do mom's birthday next year?" Or sibling one does Thanksgiving, July 4th, one birthday & sibling two does Christmas, Easter & the other parent's birthday. Then that sibling could control the whole party & not feel someone else was telling them what to do.
    Or split up, like one person sends invitations,
    One gets the food, one gets the cake. We did that once & it worked pretty well.
    Good luck!
    Thanks Winkie - I will try your suggestion of asking siblings to commit to organizing one event a year and see how that works out. Not holding my breath on that though because I have one sibling so wrapped up in their own lives that they have a hard time peeking out over their own lives into the needs of others.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Can you make a list of what needs to be done and email it asking for people to sign up for the tasks they can accomplish? I do not think your siblings live too far away to drop by once a week with groceries, prepared food, and general check-up. If people took turns it would be manageable. Of course it never works that way in my family either. If people do not want to contribute their time/effort then they should compensate you with money if appropriate.

Or get your parents to make some phone calls to lay on some guilt trips. My mom finally wised up and quit mailing checks to my sister for birthdays, etc. Sis has to show up at the parents' house if she wants a check.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had to throw away 4 bagels that went moldy. Fortunately they were marked-down bagels, so only worth $1. That was a $1 lesson, so not too expensive.

Finally got some vegs from the garden. Thursday I will buy some canned kidney & garbanzo beans from the store on sale and make 3-bean salad. I will have to water the garden also if we don't get rain. I splashed water on a few pots today but did not drag the hose out. I liked having my menu plan this week, things seemed simpler. I need to make a menu plan for the weekend and next week.