2017 To-Do Challenge - Page 7
Page 7 of 86 FirstFirst ... 456789101757 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Its 9 here, 10 am.

Hi and hugs to everyone.. I'm hanging on.. I feel like I got hit by a truck, must be the same one that hit Gbug awhile back?! lol,, ugh....

FW, I tried all day yesterday to get this link to you, I couldn't get it to work, DH is retired AF so he kinda keeps up with a lot of this,, I thought you might like to see it, and yes they got there already, yesterday..

US tanks roll into Germany to bolster NATO deterrent

There you go, sure wish I could do this myself, but keep messing it up somehow...

Waiting for the kids to call that they landed and have their rental, then going back to bed, after the airport in Florida yesterday....I sure hope they are enjoying those palm trees!!

Stay safe and warm!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree, it sure sounds like you have the same flu I had back in September. Sore throat, followed 4 days later by that truck. I was down with a fever for 4 days and fatigue for another 2-3 weeks. I went through 2 entire boxes of tissue in a week! So stay rested, eat healthy, and get better soon! I would send you chicken soup if I could!

Need to go out today to get milk and a few other things. Also got to get 6lbs of ground chuck to make taco filling, burger patties and meatloaf for the freezer. Don't know where I'll put it though, LOL!
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

tryWell i finally got stared on the br today not though yet but had set down eat a peanut butter sandwich and drink a glass of ice tea if we do have snow.Got unload dishwasher and put some more in and do a few by hand.Started a bag of things to get rid of oldest ds came by i gave him a set flannel sheets i have 2 sets they want fit my bed and i don't like sleeping under them any way so will keep one set in case someone comes in this winter to sleep in the full size bed.Pinetree sure hope you get to felling better real soon.Contrary housewife do you bake your meat loaf before freezing them?Winkie sound like you are doing good getting your room cleaned.The problem here is all the stuff here is mine except a box of toys that is the Great grand kids.Got get back to work so i can that job done today.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Erma, no I just put the wrapped meat bundle into the freezer and wrote "meatloaf" on it. DH will get the recipe from me if he wants to make it. I tried in the past to freeze them already cooked, and it didn't taste right. Also froze them raw, and that tasted funny, too. Something changes in the freezer.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Aunt Bea & all... I agree having someone over puts the fire under my fanny, which is kind of what is happening now. The contractors had to have everything removed under the two sinks since we are getting new counters & sinks. Everything out of linen closet so they can get access to tub water supply. Everything out of bedroom & closet so they can lay carpet & so they can get into attic. My house actually looked darn good before I had to tear all my hidden treasures out! So even though I trashed a bunch of stuff, round two is coming up once contractor is done. I am only putting back stuff I truly want & need. I want to feel what it is like to open a closet & see empty space!

It was only about 10 degrees all day. We went to watch grandson & granddaughter play basket ball. Hour plus drive each way, there 4 hours, made a long day. All I did at home was two loads of wash. DH took me out for supper at Cracker Barrel. We didn't go back to the kids place, even though they invited us. I feel kind of guilty, but I was whipped.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Went to Ollies and ended up w/ 2 beds as they were now $7.97 and a cat cube. I got the dogs some dentastix and Dh 2 of the memory foam cubed pillows (meant to mock the "my Pillow" I guess. Also bought 2 more of the window scraper/under your tire traction things. Beats carrying cat litter. I loved having DD but the house has settled back to routine,quiet w/o drama. That place has cool stuff. Cant go too often.
    Going to overstock from the bread store tomorrow. DD ate tons of my bread and I was low already.

Has to laugh at the dogs Mackey stuck his big 'ole head into the cube for the cats so pete and repeat were right behind doing it too. Hunter obviously feel better and is a complete stinker. He was ripping up a crinkle toy Mackey like and got it 7x even when i kept saying" NO!! I love seeing thing feisty dog not the apologetic/nightmaring/shaky mess I got 2 yrs. ago(almost). We love the little trumpeter.
    Maxx is very happy w/ his new bed. IDK Y it took so long to think of it. 18yrs ols and your entitled to luxury.

Winkie-I thought of you. I cleaned under Fh's bathroom cabinet. I threw away 4 shirts for hair dying that would fit as-scarves. And about a doz. really old hair dyes. Found 3 bottles of my fav. Neutrogena shampoo discontinued about 4 yrs. ago. A pitcher we used to wash long ago dogs w/. Squirrel DNA must run through my veins. Wehn we lived in our other 1000 sq. ft. house I would pretend we were moving in a month what would i keep. I need to practice that again. W/ the exception of my food stockpile. Hand off that!!.

Just now got the computer back after we blew the fuse w/ the spaceheaters. My fault. Dh fixed it while i napped. I need a new one but am so cheap. Cheeeeeeap.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. It is too cold to be up this early, but the cat and dogs got me up. Once I am up, I can't go back to sleep, so I read a few chapters in a western novel that I am currently reading. Got my mystery shop done yesterday. Today I will go to church, clip coupons, and I need to hit CVS for milk. They have it on for $1.99 and I have a 50 cent coupon and I think I can get money in my Checkout 51 account. Gotta work harder using my Ibotta and Checkout 51. Tonight we will have tamales from the freezer, spanish rice, guacamole using my cheap avocados and chips.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We need to hit the bread store .69 for $3. bread but Dh is achy (like I was last week and didnt mention it.lol). Then i have to rearrange the freezer. The plan is Ravioli or the Gnocchi soup IDK. needs to be warm.
    need to do more catch up dishes and more vaccumning.

So DH has gotten industry tickets for the auto show so I guess he is going by himself all day and then I will have dinner and cake w/ him later.Maybe I'll make the HM bake off bread too. I told him to order the 2nd hard drive he wants. IDk electronics like he does. The puppies will have to think of something too.lol Nutty but we have fun w/ that. He loves Poppycock so maybe thats a target.

Pinetree-I'm just so mad and disappointed in my Ds that I am not looking up things about the army but thanks for the thought. Everytime Casey posts something like I was so lucky to hear his voice" I just lose it. He hasnt even contacted us. He is not clear why we dont think this is great!!.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So.. SS texted his dad this morning and wants to do dinner with us and his GF. Don't know where, don't know when, hate not having a plan. I just hope it's not 9pm like last time.

Meanwhile, the dance of the dirty dishes continues, and laundry might happen too. I have to get some gifts ready to mail tomorrow.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, for goodness sake, call your doctor! It couldn't hurt and might help.

fw, glad your DD has made some progress in her room.

Everyone, hi!

Got a call at 1:30 this a.m. that DH's sister had been found dead in bed of an apparent massive heart attack. She lost her husband a couple of years ago and she had never been the same, so they're together now. She was only 75. We got back home at 5 this morning and tried to sleep some but I was up at 8:30 and DH got up before 10. Our DS picked up some $1 breakfast items for us at McDonald's before we got up so that was nice of him.

For today I need to do a little cleaning. Beyond that, I don't know.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

May do a little more in br like cleaning out the drawer of sewing machine table and going through some small boxes on the shelf in closet but i am proud of all i got done.Was going to go to church today but was afraid the roads still had ice on them.Today list make out some more bills get in mail tomorrow.Do some dusting,clean out desk drawer.Everyone have a good day keep warm.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, So sorry about your SIL, gosh, that's horrible.. sad really..
    I started taking my expectorant last night, boy does it help. so, will run the course with this.. hopefully it wont hang on much longer...
    CH is right its the flu, it hit Co. full force, and lasts for about 3 weeks.. its not the puking flu that usually goes around..

CH, you hit it right in the nose!! Hopefully it doesn't last that long, since I had the flu shot,,, boy am I glad I got it.
    Have a good time at you dinner when ever you go..lol
    When is your surgery again? Its in Jan right?

erma, boy you keep knocking out those lists!

winkie, good luck getting the rest of the house done..

ugh for dinner last night, I ate an avocado, 1 piece of veggie pizza, and blueberry cheesecake ice cream, ahh,, what a meal.. slept all night, lol
    I think I need to get the soup out!

list for today
    finish up a job
    talk to kids
    make something simple for dinner....

stay warm.. and safe.. have a friend in Reno, sand bagging for the river to flood! Be careful!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bitter cold today!

I got up and out early this morning to hit the local flea market then stopped to pick up a few groceries, including a package of English muffins. I put away the groceries, did the dishes, etc... I can't find my English muffins I've looked everywhere, freezer, refrigerator, cupboards, not a muffin in sight!!! If it wasn't so cold I would go look in the car. Maybe it's an omen, I really don't need the extra carbs.

I fixed a casserole of chicken thighs, green beans, mushrooms and gravy for dinner tonight, as long as the oven was on I made up a pouch of carrots in foil and a small casserole of ACS for tomorrow night. It seems like everything I eat is a leftover because I cook early in the day when I have energy, then I just scoop and nuke at dinner time.

The rest of the day is just puttering with paperwork, surfing the net and catching a couple episodes of EastEnders on PBS.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

1/7 was down all day sick..my son bought our lunch/dinner so no cooking though I was just to sick and tired to do anything.'

Today..I felt good enough to get out of bed so this morning I went over the bills and paid 3/4's of them..I spent hours figuring out our debt and how quickly we can pay it off..It will be very challenging for me ( I had posted about this) we literally will have hardly any money in order to make my goal to pay off 1-credit card by next month..I'm thankful that all the debt is at least on 0% interest free for 12-months...I'm thankful that we have full freezers, bulging cabinets and 100's of jars of homecanned foods..I have enough hba's for months so I'm set there also.

I make my own copycat bread flour instead of buying separate flours by mixing 1-teaspoon vital wheat to 1-cup of reg flour..after mixing up 15lbs of flour into bread flour I filled up my gallon glass container then made up 8-bags of bread
    mix and 8-bags of hamburger/roll mix where I just add the wet ingredients to my bagged mix and into my bread machine...so much easier to make up a bunch at one time then having pull everything out each week and no clean up.

Washed my sheets in cold waterusing homemade laundry detergent and homemade fabric softener.

Made stuffed/layered cabbage and homemade bread for supper...to tired to make a pie.
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC I am so sorry to hear this. What a shock.

Visited parents today. Hired help does not seem to be working out too well. Of course parents live in the middle of NO WHERE so the labor pool is pretty shallow. Apparently nobody will clean or knows how to sew on a button. My brother now has to do the cooking in addition to all his other duties. I exempt him from cleaning since has to take care of dad every morning and some nights. I'm just doing what I can when I am there, mopped floors, sewed on a button, did laundry, brought food. Going back next Sunday. I need to shop, cook & freeze meals this week.

Page 7 of 86 FirstFirst ... 456789101757 ... LastLast